PDA

View Full Version : mp3sale.ru - Legal?

DATTER
06-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Hello.

What do you think about this site? www.mp3sale.ru It's legal? The Disclamer say's:
... the Site pays license fees for all materials downloaded from the site that are subject to the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights".

In my option, in Russia that site is legal, but the rest of the world (like Europe and USA) I think it is not legal.

My question is, if a create a website with illegal content (but legal in Russia) in Russia or other country with similar laws, can someone take me to court from other country?

Rart
06-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Those prices look a little too cheap to be legal. Maybe a little too good to be true vibe going on, but I may be wrong.

I believe though that you are under the jurisdiction of whatever country your host/website is located in. Which is why so little torrent sites are willing to host their trackers on US soil, it's practically warranting a death wish.

However, if a US citizen hosts a site with illegal content in a foreign country where it's legal, that's probably another matter entirely. I'm not sure what would occur then and I won't pretend to know, you'd probably have to ask someone more experienced in these matters.

zamazingo
06-06-2010, 05:05 AM
They do pay licence fees, but they don't have agreements with copyright owners. The fees they pay are absurdly low, so it's a gray area.

Lam3rD
06-06-2010, 05:23 AM
This one should be 100% legal, too
http://mp3shopcart.com/Video/1018/Various_Artists/Music_DVDR_Scene_Standards_/download-video/

Burnsy
06-06-2010, 05:31 AM
Does it really matter? Do you like what you're getting? If it's wrong then I'm sure they'll be closed down soon enough :)

cherio
06-06-2010, 06:24 AM
russian mp3 sites are operated by the mafia

hmmmk
06-06-2010, 07:21 AM

+1

AdrianPhoto
06-06-2010, 08:37 AM
OiNK was legal

nthpeter
06-06-2010, 10:56 AM

+1. I wouldnt trust any of those.

AdrianPhoto
06-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah, the Russian Mafia and the KGB are planting tracking codes on the MP3s.. that's why they're selling them for cheap prrrices.. hehehe

anon
06-06-2010, 04:47 PM
If you want to "support the artist" by buying their music online (even though they probably only get a tiny bit of what you pay), there must be less shady alternatives.

whatcdfan
06-06-2010, 04:54 PM
i have always belived that its legal i have purchased few albums from there surely purchased quality and very good and secure website but i dont know if they are paying a share to copyright holders....but i believe if any russian mp3 website has to be legal its surely is mp3sale.......
there are other mp3 websites that are legal in russia but not elsewhere like recordings.ru these kinda websites are banned for the rest of the world

LtAda
06-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I usually don't trust those russian music sites but it looks legal to me.