PDA

View Full Version : ShareTheRemote Open The Interview

NkFy
06-06-2010, 09:17 AM
How to join STR:
You need to join their "interview" IRC channel.
Server: irc.sharetheremote.org
Channel: #invite

The staff will ask for some profile links/ratio proofs and some questions about you. If you’re a good bittorrent user you can easily pass the interview.

anon
06-06-2010, 04:43 PM
If you’re a good bittorrent user you can easily pass the interview.

"Good BitTorrent user" meaning giving them great ratio proofs and profile links?

NkFy
06-06-2010, 05:55 PM
yeah and if your not a trader/seller/cheater

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 05:58 PM
How to join STR:
You need to join their "interview" IRC channel.
Server: irc.sharetheremote.org
Channel: #invite

The staff will ask for some profile links/ratio proofs and some questions about you. If you’re a good bittorrent user you can easily pass the interview.

If you’re a good bittorrent user you can easily pass the interview.

"Good BitTorrent user" meaning giving them great ratio proofs and profile links?

Do I get to ask them for the same?

yeah and if your not a trader/seller/cheater

And how exactly are they going to know that?

anon
06-06-2010, 06:01 PM
And how exactly are they going to know that?

You should tell them :happy:

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 06:07 PM
As long as they don't ask me any TV questions.

t00z
06-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Don't bitch too much, for me the interview was 3 profile links and 4 questions, took me 5 minutes. This was about 3 weeks ago.

This in fact is one of the few trackers with interviews that isn't a shithole.

IdolEyes787
06-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Did they ask you any TV questions?

BTW is everyone there humourless or are you an isolated case?

Slickerey
06-06-2010, 06:50 PM
BTW is everyone there humourless or are you an isolated case?

:lol:

I'd say he's an isolated case.

sake
06-06-2010, 08:29 PM
What is this tracker about?

anon
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
TV shows and stuff.

sake
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
anon, you are fast! :)

Slickerey
06-06-2010, 08:33 PM
He's faster than fast.

anon
06-06-2010, 08:37 PM
anon, you are fast! :)

That was just luck. I visited this thread again to check something and you had posted on it, coincidentally. :happy:

sake
06-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Thank you, anon :) I am not interested in TV :(

Quarterquack
06-06-2010, 08:44 PM
He's faster than fast.

And how would you know? :naughty:

t00z
06-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Did they ask you any TV questions
Not that I remember, no. Perhaps what my favourite shows were, but nothing more.

buidanhthuy
06-08-2010, 01:39 AM
They only asked me about speedtest, ratio proof in a private tracker and why did I know about trakcer ?

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Did they ask you any TV questions
Not that I remember, no. Perhaps what my favourite shows were, but nothing more.

The Wiggles?

I'm sorry I'm not very bright I know but if I was recruiting for a niche tracker and was hopeful of finding people that might actually have a long term interest in the place I would maybe concentrate on seeing if they had some passion for the subject matter more than if they had a fast internet connection or downloaded ( likely) unrelated shit off of some place else.

Quarterquack
06-08-2010, 01:13 PM

The Wiggles?

I'm sorry I'm not very bright I know but if I was recruiting for a niche tracker and was hopeful of finding people that might actually have a long term interest in the place I would maybe concentrate on seeing if they had some passion for the subject matter more than if they had a fast internet connection or downloaded ( likely) unrelated shit off of some place else.

The interviews were half a farce. I got into the channel easily hours after other people, and just because one of the interview staff was a friend of mine I got in and out of the interview 5 minutes later. I told him I was in no rush and I can wait till someone highlights me, but he insisted it wasn't busy for them.

And yeah, one question related to TV shows. Still, I like the ratioless aspect of the place, hypocritical as it may make me sound.

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 01:27 PM
The interviews were half a farce. I got into the channel easily hours after other people, and just because one of the interview staff was a friend of mine I got in and out of the interview 5 minutes later. I told him I was in no rush and I can wait till someone highlights me, but he insisted it wasn't busy for them.

And yeah, one question related to TV shows. Still, I like the ratioless aspect of the place, hypocritical as it may make me sound.

Not wanting to always worry about ratio is far from being hypocritical, on the other hand being staff ( which should be a position of trust) and putting someone to the head of the queue simply because of friendship,as much as it was nice of him, doesn't reflect very well on the site.

t00z
06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes a proper staffer is a horrid bitch to his friends.

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 06:51 PM
A proper staffer treats everyone, whether he likes them or not, exactly the same.
Btw sarcasm is only effective if it makes a valid point.

t00z
06-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Well he could have gone away to do something else than interviewing as well. It's all his time, not payed time by his boss, the site, whatever. So he can do what he wants. Hell, he could even have 'stopped interviewing for five minutes, and just inviting his friend with his own invite'. How does inviting your friend before working your way through a bunch of random people, perhaps 95% cheaters, traders, n00bs, etc. make you a bad staffer?

Valid point, heh, just a point you don't agree to.

IdolEyes787
06-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I never said that he was a bad staffer .:unsure:I just alluded to the fact that people in positions of authority ( most notably those that were given them presumably to do a certain job and adhere to to certain ethical standards ) when faced with a decision their first concern should be fairness and everything else( including friendship) coming someplace after that.

Hell of a way to run an army man.Hell of a way.

Btw I also don't see how whether he is paid or not factors into it.He was given and presumably accepted the position in good faith .Does living up to responsibility necessitate being paid ?