PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Driver Problem ?

Riddler
10-31-2003, 02:43 PM
On certain menus & windows I get text that's cut off & missing....any ideas why ?

http://www.piczonline.com/client/riddler/screen1.bmp

DWk
10-31-2003, 05:08 PM
dont think so. what resolution do you use? if you are using 1024x768 (at least) then its not a problem...just bad designing of the card properties

DWk

ObiWan
10-31-2003, 06:52 PM
have you changed text size?

you may want to try:
right-click on desktop ->properties and on the appearence tab select font size and set to normal

Riddler
10-31-2003, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the responses ! :)

@DWk...........res is set to 1024 X 768, tried other settings....same thing occurs.

@ObiWan...........font size is set to normal, tried all the others...same thing.

I guess a new video card is needed, huh ? :(

Wizzandabe
10-31-2003, 11:39 PM
Im on 1280x1024, and I cant see any W's :(

Livy
11-01-2003, 01:12 AM
it must be a font or size setting option somewhere,

also try right click,l desktop, >properties>settings> advanced, the have a look at the dpi setting, should be 96

Smurfette
11-01-2003, 02:11 AM
Right-click desktop, select Properties. Select the Appearance tab and click Advanced.
Play around with the settings there.

Riddler
11-01-2003, 03:53 AM
@ Livy.............96dpi, check. Same thing.

@ Smurfette...........The funny thing is, the settings I think I need to change in " advanced " are located in the ATI sub-menus ( see screen shot above ) and all those windows come up with missing/cut-off text. Some of the more critical ones are even missing the OK/APPLY buttons ! :(

Smurfette
11-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Riddler@1 November 2003 - 04:53
@ Livy.............96dpi, check. Same thing.

@ Smurfette...........The funny thing is, the settings I think I need to change in " advanced " are located in the ATI sub-menus ( see screen shot above ) and all those windows come up with missing/cut-off text. Some of the more critical ones are even missing the OK/APPLY buttons ! :(
I can't see the pictue (or many avatars) now even though it was there last night because my isp's DNS seems to be flakey ATM!

Well, that's it for me; it doesn't matter how good their chipsets get I'm not going to touch or recommend anything ATI if they're gonna put standard Windows stuff in their own panels.

Edit: Heh, now the pic's back for me :-/ Have you asked on an ATI board?

Livy
11-01-2003, 01:00 PM
never had anything like this on my ati card.
how did it happen? did it just appear like that one day, or was it after u installed something, or changed something etc? is it only the card properties like that? or other windows?

DWk
11-01-2003, 02:36 PM
seeing the answers and all... i would still have to say that its a bad design of the driver menus or something. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? It could be a corrupt installation

DWk