PDA

View Full Version : IP-Addresses Of First Hurt Locker Victims Revealed

Nucleus
06-09-2010, 07:37 PM
IP-Addresses Of First Hurt Locker Victims Revealed
June 09, 2010
http://i48.tinypic.com/v6llci.jpg
"Approximately 700 IP-addresses of BitTorrent users who allegedly shared a copy of "The Hurt locker" have been submitted to the Washington D.C. District Court. The public court records show that nearly all IPs in the group were tracked from the last week of April until the first week of May.

Little more than a week ago the makers of The Hurt Locker filed a complaint against the first 5,000 ‘unidentified’ BitTorrent users. Helped by the U.S. Copyright Group (USCG), the film makers are requesting the personal details connected to the IP-addresses that allegedly shared the film on BitTorrent.

The first batch of IP-addresses (copy below) has now been submitted to the Court, linked to customers of over a dozen US Internet providers. Besides the IP-address and the time when the alleged infringement was recorded the document reveals very little evidence. It is unclear from the current details what file was tracked and whether the evidence gathering techniques will stand up to scrutiny.

The D.C District Court will now have to decide whether or not the ISPs of the alleged infringers will be ordered to hand over the personal information of the users associated with the IP-addresses. If this happens, the customers who are identified will receive a settlement offer of $2,500. Through this scheme, the USCG and Hurt Lockers’ makers hope to collect millions of dollars in revenue, beating their box office earnings. "

:source: Source: TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/ip-addresses-of-first-hurt-locker-victims-revealed-100609/)

darkstate01
06-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Very very sad, 'll put you a bet on it, most of them are children and the parents have no idea what hurt locker is even about.
the payday for the above IP's is $1750000, what will the cost of the courts and the lawyers be I wonder.
I can see a lot of people jumping ship if the isp's started grassing up there customers.

Detale
06-10-2010, 04:50 AM
So am I the only one who checked for my ip??

BTW so no one has to sign up for that scribed crap I attached the list here :dabs:

iLOVENZB
06-10-2010, 05:37 AM
"Only in America"

unclemilty74
06-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanklfully my IP wasnt on it... 192.168.1.1 HAHA!

The movie grossed over $48m globally and theyre trying to get another $2m??? I bet their legal costs will exceed any payout they get. If you're on the list, don't fall for the bogus settlement offer. It will never make it to trial.

Slickerey
06-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I feel bad for the people who have to go to court for this...

c0ld
06-11-2010, 11:17 AM
It will never make it to trial.
I would make them take me to court out of sheer spite.

fwiw, the film sucked. The only reason I watched it was because of the oscar nomination. The film was so weak they must have bullied their way into the oscar nominations in the same way as they are bullying people with legal threats.

Expeto
06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I also (might or might not) downloaded the movie over piratebay to save some ratio. Cant even find my proxy ip on list :)

l33tpirata13
06-11-2010, 01:28 PM
It will never make it to trial.
I would make them take me to court out of sheer spite.

fwiw, the film sucked. The only reason I watched it was because of the oscar nomination. The film was so weak they must have bullied their way into the oscar nominations in the same way as they are bullying people with legal threats.

err, movie was friggin good. this shit is that they are trying to pull is just stupid. i say go ahead waste your time and money Ms. Bigelow. i frankly wouldnt give a shit if they did have my ip, it would tickle me.

tehjew
06-12-2010, 06:09 PM
This just seems so vindictive. Box office numbers are still rising, don't blame pirating for people not coming out to your movie.

Thanklfully my IP wasnt on it... 192.168.1.1 HAHA!I'm assuming you already know this, but I'll mention it just in case. The IP you listed is a private address, so it won't be the address you should be looking for on the list.

megabyteme
06-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Just like when I buy a lotto ticket- only one number for me. Maybe I'll get another chance when the sequel comes out. :P

SonsOfLiberty
06-13-2010, 06:39 PM
This just seems so vindictive. Box office numbers are still rising, don't blame pirating for people not coming out to your movie.

Thanklfully my IP wasnt on it... 192.168.1.1 HAHA!I'm assuming you already know this, but I'll mention it just in case. The IP you listed is a private address, so it won't be the address you should be looking for on the list.

Umm, that's not pirvate, as far as I know that's Linkys standard address to access there routers :lol:

Expeto
06-13-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm assuming you already know this, but I'll mention it just
Was the big "HAHA!" was your first clue?

nthpeter
06-13-2010, 08:57 PM
I dl'd it in 1080p, will they sue me too?

bigdaddydude
06-14-2010, 12:38 AM
A user might have to pay $2,500 for a single movie download? That's interesting. I'm assuming the movie was tracked from a 'public' tracker instead of a 'private' tracker.

its
06-23-2010, 02:12 AM
...and thats what private tracker are for :)

c0ld
06-23-2010, 12:27 PM
related;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10322825.stm

USCG acknowledged on its website that many people will not have the financial clout to pursue cases.

"As a practical matter each individual infringer lacks the assets, net worth and earning capacity to make civil prosecution practical," it said.

EFF alongside ACLU has asked the judges in the cases to cancel court summons against those accused.

Judges involved in the case have asked USCG to explain why it has brought together so many people together in one lawsuit.

It has until 30 June to explain why it is pursuing cases in this manner.