PDA

View Full Version : GA - Waffles

anonymous0711
06-10-2010, 03:59 PM
hey i have 2 waffles invites to giveaway for these i need 2 ratio proofs with at least 100 GB uploaded and a speedtest...
this is one of my favorite trackers and i wont give these invites easily, i dont need a reason to deny you if i tell you no that is all
Also all proofs and speedtests need to be posted here... do not PM me unless i tell you otherwise

I think thats it so GL to all

Edit: A brief explanation as to why you want waffles particularly might also help your cause... i havent seen that once in any of the applications yet...

karachidude
06-10-2010, 05:05 PM
no replies to the generous offer,sad.nice giveaway

Cabalo
06-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Oh, he is asking for too much. He wants people to put a minimal effort on their request. That's a no-no... :no:

tippertime
06-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh, he is asking for too much. He wants people to put a minimal effort on their request. That's a no-no... :no:

no kidding whats the deal now a-days? I used to get bombarded with replys with more stipulations then that...now I get scoffed at for wanting a minimum of a few posts here before putting my reputation on the line at a site I enjoy using.

kakolokia
06-10-2010, 09:32 PM
ratio proofs:
Bit-Hdtv:
http://img295.imageshack.us/f/85221016.png/
Supertorrents:
http://img204.imageshack.us/f/79155545.png/

SpeedTest:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/815740728.png

(I can't do speedtest right now because I am currently downloading so I used an old one from may 2010..)

diope
06-10-2010, 09:39 PM
i want 1 invite

http://www.speedtest.net/result/843404504.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

http://i46.tinypic.com/svqsxy.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/34zzkht.jpg

tippertime
06-10-2010, 09:47 PM
hey dude, might wanna cover your name up in your screen shots

anonymous0711
06-11-2010, 06:28 AM
as stated in my edited first post... id prefer if all of you gave some sort of explanation as to why you want waffles specifically
thanks

Niv-S
06-11-2010, 07:54 AM
hey m8, I really would like to join waff cus I strat listen lot of flac and wav and I know its good tracker for those..
ratio+ST:
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5867/ratm.jpg

better ST:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/843821199.png

plz! dont send invite to diope, turkey...

diope
06-11-2010, 08:03 AM
because i want share my files. I like music.

tsiparamai
06-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Only one profile screenie, but might as well.
http://img815.imageshack.us/i/843823855.png/
http://img821.imageshack.us/i/hurratiod.png/

kakolokia
06-11-2010, 09:06 AM
as stated in my edited first post... id prefer if all of you gave some sort of explanation as to why you want waffles specifically
thanks

So I already posted my proofs so here it is:

I listen to music almost 24/7, mostly to trances, rock, metal and pop as well and I it always seems to be hard downloading from softwares (like emule, utorrent...)
because they download slow or because i can't find what i need. I tried also the tracker STmusic but it's also lame because there is almost
nothing there and no seeders as well.

So now i have been trying to get either waffles or what.cd because they are the only one who can satisfy my wills (they have infinite songs and albums for
every type of music and there also many seeders..). Now because my country is banned from what.cd's irc so I only aim to get a waffles invite.

And that is why i ask for one of your waffles invites.. :D

Now as you can see from my proofs I keep a high ratio, i download a lot and i am active all the time in my trackers... So I assure
you that you won't be regreting giving me an invite....

anonymous0711
06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
ok #1 id like ppl viewing this thread to know that im still open to all applicants as i would like to wait a few days before actually giving the invites

also to Cabalo if it isnt too much trouble if you could inform me of any pertinent info i might not know(such as an IP from a banned country or previous trade activity) it would be greatly appreciated, i do plan to look into what i can myself but any info from the more regular and respected members of this site is always welcome imo

As for the current applicants... for those of you who have not already answered this, have you tried the what interview and if not why not(just curious dont get defensive plz) also if you are from a banned country please inform me of which one(this can be done through pm if you are more comfortable with it)
Also to all of you, you do realize that seeding is extremely hard on waffles, while i believe that slow upload speeds arent that big of a hindrance to those who actually make an effort to seed back under normal circumstances i believe waffles is different unfortunately. I dont have a great upload speed either and personally i had to leave my computer at my girlfriends house overnight or spend night in coffee shops letting things seed as i studied other materials and this only worked because i had a couple freeleeches given to me in which i was able to get the material to seed... so if you can explain how you intend to maintain a good ratio with your speeds it could help a lot

@kakolokia - i like your request so far and am considering you for an invite, things that scare me are #1 your lack of activity here... unfortunately i cant rly review any old posts of yours because you have very few so its hard to get an idea of whether or not i can trust you with an invite to what might be my favorite tracker...
i will say however that you put at least decent effort into your request and i appreciate that which is truly what is keeping you in consideration as normally i would not with your current post count(id suggest always making requests with why you want a site and doing a good job of it as you have here, i can guarantee it will pay off)
and #2 the low speed which for reasons mentioned above scare me

@ diope- i honestly prefer more complete screenshots(like the tracker name or full page) because i am not a member of and have not seen nearly as many trackers as im sure many of you have) if you would like to pm me profile links i guess that could work too
also why not what? and why not just interview?
low speed again also scares me

Niv-S - basically the same thing as diope

@Tsiparamai - EDIT: dont waste your time here anymore
I hope i am not overdoing it with the questions but i love this tracker and would hate to have trouble on it from inviting someone but FST has done much for me and i truly do want to help others out as i have been helped...
Anyways hope to hear from all of you soon and hopefully a few more i plan to choose suitable invitees(hopefully) in a few days :D

Cabalo
06-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on this thread. When you get to consider a member for an invite, Pm me and I'll look into the user in question. Never trust those who approach you via PM only, usually those are the rotten apples.

anonymous0711
06-11-2010, 11:50 AM
yeah i noticed that lol i just ignore those who only send a PM b/c it seems most of them are attempting to avoid the being exposed by other members who they know know more about them than the person doing the giveaway
thanks for the advice tho and helpin me check out potential invitees

sake
06-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Very good GA! Keep it up!

AdrianPhoto
06-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Piratebay? Demonoid? RapidShare?

anonymous0711
06-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Piratebay? Demonoid? RapidShare?

lol im glad i wasnt the only one who didnt think that was the greatest explanation lol...

just to clarify for those of you who may not have gotten it i was looking for a reason as to why you wanted waffles in particular and other sites like maybe filemp3(i think thats right) or the places that AdrianPhoto mentioned wouldnt suffice...
i guess if you read the thread and answer the "why not what.cd blah blah blah" stuff asked before it would work just as well tho

anon
06-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Also to all of you, you do realize that seeding is extremely hard on waffles, while i believe that slow upload speeds arent that big of a hindrance to those who actually make an effort to seed back under normal circumstances i believe waffles is different unfortunately. I dont have a great upload speed either and personally i had to leave my computer at my girlfriends house overnight or spend night in coffee shops letting things seed as i studied other materials and this only worked because i had a couple freeleeches given to me in which i was able to get the material to seed... so if you can explain how you intend to maintain a good ratio with your speeds it could help a lot

Keeping a good ratio there can be relatively easy if you upload your own albums, specially in FLAC. If you refrain yourself to seeding others' stuff, you aren't really going to make it unless there's a freeleech.

anonymous0711
06-11-2010, 03:50 PM
refrain yourself? you mean restrict? eh anyways beyond the vocabulary lesson yeah i need to learn how to use EAC cuz i have a couple albums i wanted to upload... i just improvised to get to PU tho lol but its all good now cuz im there luckily!

EDIT: i did use a couple freeleeches tho they were a godsent... not only for my ratio but also because it meant i could get all the music i wanted lol

ca_aok
06-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Just a word perhaps in kakolokia's defense, I was invited to What after having made maybe 2-10 posts here. I also managed to hit Elite there on a home connection (mind you this required uploading quite a bit). So depending on whether you think he's sincere I wouldn't disqualify based on those aspects alone.

anon
06-11-2010, 03:57 PM
refrain yourself? you mean restrict?

Yeah, I meant that if you merely seed others' torrents without uploading any yourself, you'll generally have a hard time keeping a good ratio.

eh anyways beyond the vocabulary lesson yeah i need to learn how to use EAC cuz i have a couple albums i wanted to upload... i just improvised to get to PU tho lol but its all good now cuz im there luckily!

Here is the guide :)
http://blowfish.be/eac/

It's not as hard as it looks, I got EAC working and making perfect rips in an hour or so!

anonymous0711
06-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah i know i was just givin you a hard time... but yeah ill definitely check out that guide thanks man is it cool if i PM you if i have any questions?

but yeah i looked through the site and i have like 10 CDs that waffles doesnt have and while i know that isnt a lot i mean if i rip it flac, v2, v0, and like 320 it ends up being a decent amount of uploads overall lol

graywolf
06-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Is there any language barrier in What? Like only english uploads?

anon
06-11-2010, 05:42 PM
man is it cool if i PM you if i have any questions?

Of course it's OK :)

but yeah i looked through the site and i have like 10 CDs that waffles doesnt have and while i know that isnt a lot i mean if i rip it flac, v2, v0, and like 320 it ends up being a decent amount of uploads overall lol

Right. Even if you only rip them in FLAC you'll get a good amount of upload after seeding them all 1:1.

Is there any language barrier in What? Like only english uploads?

When it comes to music? No, you can upload everything. They do have other rules regarding bitrates, logs, filenames, transcodes, etc., make sure you check them out before uploading.

ca_aok
06-11-2010, 05:42 PM
No, I don't even think they restrict non-english characters in filenames (though the rest of us generally appreciate it).

anon
06-11-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't even think they restrict non-english characters in filenames

I think you're even forced to use them to keep things organized, although I don't know if it was on filenames or just track lists.

diope
06-11-2010, 07:20 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/99mc94.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/6tpnrb.jpg

and im pm send ;)

central101
06-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Hello,

I'd like a waffles invite for two reason. Reason 1 being that I don't have a quality music tracker. I used to use oink back when it was running but since then I've been using public trackers and release websites. The second reason being is that I am trying to acquire in invite for the SCC and from what I've heard power users can get invites for the SCC via the waffles website.

Ratio Proofs:
1: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1314/90428670.jpg
2: http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8323/13641321.jpg

Speed Test:
1: http://www.speedtest.net/result/844414875.png
2: http://www.speedtest.net/result/844415971.png

Regards,
D

anonymous0711
06-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Just a word perhaps in kakolokia's defense, I was invited to What after having made maybe 2-10 posts here. I also managed to hit Elite there on a home connection (mind you this required uploading quite a bit). So depending on whether you think he's sincere I wouldn't disqualify based on those aspects alone.

Yeah im just trying to make sure whoever i invite it able to survive and thrive on waffles and actual enjoy it as opposed to constantly struggling to maintain a ratio but honestly he might have made the best actual request so far which is weighing heavily in his favor... I mean if you cant be bothered to at least make an effort to write a decent request how am i supposed to believe you are going to put in the effort necessary to maintain a good ratio on waffles?
But yeah ca_aok i am still considering all applicants, it is sad that it is hard to trust new members because of the surprising amt that turn to trading after not immediately getting what they want but i am taking all factors into consideration not just speed and i will make sure to keep what you said in mind so thank you

also @ central 101 - have you tried the what.cd interview as i believe they also offer SCC invites to PU on what
and if you dont mind me asking why do you need SCC when you have TL? imo they are nearly the same... SCC is a little bit faster but are those 2 minutes really that big a deal and outside of speed i think TL is superior to SCC

@ Niv-S - #1 as far as i know turkey is not a banned country at waffles(someone plz correct me if im wrong)
and #2 if you are still pursuing an invite plz give me ratio proofs showing the actual trackers page and not just the bar with ul/dl amt

central101
06-12-2010, 01:22 AM
I haven't tried what.cd as of yet because i haven't had time to do any research for the interview. Pre times are important to me because I download avi files and re-trans-code them into other formats and post them on file sharing forums... the faster I get them the faster i get them trans coded. I've tried using TL how-ever I haven't been able to max out my connection and according to many sources the SCC has the best swarm speeds and pre-times.

Quarterquack
06-12-2010, 02:06 AM
I haven't tried what.cd as of yet because i haven't had time to do any research for the interview. Pre times are important to me because I download avi files and re-trans-code them into other formats and post them on file sharing forums... the faster I get them the faster i get them trans coded. I've tried using TL how-ever I haven't been able to max out my connection and according to many sources the SCC has the best swarm speeds and pre-times.

Please, just save whatever is left of respect anyone around here has for you. Stop using torrent websites as sources for other places. Use trackers for their own content instead of becoming a tool.

anonymous0711
06-12-2010, 03:07 AM
O i remember this now... did you ever go on the SCC irc channel and confirm that this is ok with them?

and idk why you wouldnt be getting max speeds at TL i personally dont have a seedbox but after hearing from others who do i have never heard of anyone else having that problem... TL usually has excellent speeds

awaited
06-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Please, just save whatever is left of respect anyone around here has for you. Stop using torrent websites as sources for other places. Use trackers for their own content instead of becoming a tool.

Do you share the same opinion for tracker uploaders, who use ddl forums, scene axx, and their music albums/ dvds to make the content available to us?

.... I am not sure about SCC's stance on this, but I remember a GFT request (here) which had a very similar reason as Central101, and was filled by Barrywhite himself).

ca_aok
06-12-2010, 06:03 AM
He was referring to the fact that central101 only wants to join What/Waffles as a stepping stone to get into SCC, won't care about either account, and will probably never log in again after hitting power user. I think "source" was a poor word here, he meant using the site as a source of invites rather than music.

anonymous0711
06-12-2010, 03:00 PM
OK hopefully a few of you can back me up on this because the message doesnt seem to be getting across very well...
SEEDING ON WAFFLES IS NOT LIKE SEEDING ON OTHER SITES!!!
jumping on new stuff early doesnt work like it does the general 0 day, tv, or even movie tracker
Every torrent i have ever downloaded from waffles i am still seeding and the only reason i have a ratio over 1 is because i got 2 freeleeches AND my gf has fios which i had to use

can someone else please back me up because this doesnt seem to be getting through to anyone
uploading your own material or finding a flac rip that doesnt have a v0 or v2 copy works too but no1 has expressed any sort of interest in doing this or even claimed to know how to do this...

IdolEyes787
06-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Simple math . Mostly small files( quick download) with many( most) not of universal interest.What are the chances that you are going to hop on a brand new torrent and seed back near instantly as much as you leech?

Three ways to proceed : upload stuff,seed forever or pray for a ( very infrequent) freeleech.

Really imo ( might be wrong ) the big difference between a music tracker and say a movie tracker is in the file size. Small means quick download (ie poor chance of building ratio) but conversely also allows the greater opportunity to maintain those files on your HD for a much longer time.

kakolokia
06-12-2010, 03:17 PM
OK hopefully a few of you can back me up on this because the message doesnt seem to be getting across very well...
SEEDING ON WAFFLES IS NOT LIKE SEEDING ON OTHER SITES!!!
jumping on new stuff early doesnt work like it does the general 0 day, tv, or even movie tracker
Every torrent i have ever downloaded from waffles i am still seeding and the only reason i have a ratio over 1 is because i got 2 freeleeches AND my gf has fios which i had to use

can someone else please back me up because this doesnt seem to be getting through to anyone
uploading your own material or finding a flac rip that doesnt have a v0 or v2 copy works too but no1 has expressed any sort of interest in doing this or even claimed to know how to do this...

Why is it different?? I find a torrent I want with 15 leechers and weights 200mb lets say and I will seed for instance in a low speed - 25 KB/s. it will take me a little more than 2 hours to seed it to 1+ ratio (25*60*60 = 90Mb/Hour)
The torrent weights 1gb?? : 90Mb/Hour * 12 Hours = 1gb
I only need to keep utorrent open in the night and I wake up with a fully seeded torrent...
So I think that it's not different from any other tracker even if there is a lack of leechers..

Simple math . Mostly small files( quick download) with many( most) not of universal interest.What are the chances that you are going to hop on a brand new torrent and seed back near instantly as much as you leech?

Three ways to proceed : upload stuff,seed forever or pray for a ( very infrequent) freeleech.

Really imo ( might be wrong ) the big difference between a music tracker and say a movie tracker is in the file size. Small means quick download (ie poor chance of building ratio) but conversely also allows the greater opportunity to maintain those files on your HD for a much longer time.

There aren't only very small torrents there are also albums which are pretty big, and even the small ones (the songs) can be seeded, just keep it open and you'll finally find your leechers.

anonymous0711
06-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Ok theres a couple reasons its different

#1 lack of leechers - because it is not easy to maintain a ratio ppl do not just jump on torrents as they do on other sites, many wait months until there is a sitewide freeleech but that is rare and completely unpredictable

#2 abundance of seeders - because you cant just jump on something, seed it continually for a cpl hours until ur a little about 1:1 and then dump it ppl seed longer than any other tracker that i have been a part of(i have heard that this is also the case with what.cd but same diff)

#3 Seedboxes - because a lot of ppl realize that getting the ratio here isnt easy they use the 1 method that makes sure their speeds are fast enough to get the upload credit if someone does snatch the torrent... so say you jump on a torrent with 12 seeders, when you go to seed it back with you 1 MB connection you will get little to no credit because the 1-2 guys with a seedbox on that torrent stole it... and even if they dont have a seedbox anyone with a decent connection is going to take priority over you trust me i experienced this first hand

you getting the idea now or do you need more reasons cuz it doesnt stop there

kakolokia
06-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Ok theres a couple reasons its different

#1 lack of leechers - because it is not easy to maintain a ratio ppl do not just jump on torrents as they do on other sites, many wait months until there is a sitewide freeleech but that is rare and completely unpredictable

#2 abundance of seeders - because you cant just jump on something, seed it continually for a cpl hours until ur a little about 1:1 and then dump it ppl seed longer than any other tracker that i have been a part of(i have heard that this is also the case with what.cd but same diff)

#3 Seedboxes - because a lot of ppl realize that getting the ratio here isnt easy they use the 1 method that makes sure their speeds are fast enough to get the upload credit if someone does snatch the torrent... so say you jump on a torrent with 12 seeders, when you go to seed it back with you 1 MB connection you will get little to no credit because the 1-2 guys with a seedbox on that torrent stole it... and even if they dont have a seedbox anyone with a decent connection is going to take priority over you trust me i experienced this first hand

you getting the idea now or do you need more reasons cuz it doesnt stop there

First I can seed at max 70 KB/S which is good enough for anything.
Second I know for sure that there must be torrents with many leechers that I can actually seed 24/7 in full speed which can really rise my amount of upload in short time. And after that I get a big amount of upload so I won't need to take care of my ratio any more because it will stay 1+ because like you said the files are small so it won't really lower my ratio and all i need to do is to keep the torrent open for I guess 72 hours so the site won't say I hit n' run.

So if you still don't agree and you force me to buy a seedbox or to upgrade my internet connection, just know that it isn't feasible for me...

anonymous0711
06-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Ok im just gonna wait a little while for some of the regulars to get back to this thread and you can hear it from them not me so we can just put this topic on hold...
just for the record tho there arent torrents with many leechers that you can just seed 24/7 in full speed i can assure you that anyone you ask will confirm this
o well tho we shall just wait till others get back online and see what they say

as far as the internet thing is i understand i dont have a lot of money either, i dont want to pay for a seedbox and dont have a fast connection so i had to find less conventional ways to get my ratio up... i thought you understood how difficult it was to seed on this tracker and had some ideas as to how to get around this thats what i was getting at im not trying to pressure you into getting a seedbox...

look at Idols post above tho for opinion #2 and as for the rest, like i said others will be back pretty soon i think so we will see

Zac090
06-12-2010, 04:08 PM
And after that I get a big amount of upload so I won't need to take care of my ratio any more because it will stay 1+ because like you said the files are small so it won't really lower my ratio and all i need to do is to keep the torrent open for I guess 72 hours so the site won't say I hit n' run.

Its not as easy as it may look......most of the torrents have no leechers at all,and the ones which have any leechers are partial downloaders.You have no chance of maxing your upload speed on them.

central101
06-12-2010, 04:25 PM
He was referring to the fact that central101 only wants to join What/Waffles as a stepping stone to get into SCC, won't care about either account, and will probably never log in again after hitting power user.

Everyone has their own idea's and if this is what you think I will do then great. I've answered all the op's questions. Feel free to send me an invite if you think I am worthy.

Regards,
D

anonymous0711
06-12-2010, 04:30 PM
@ central101 - i asked you before if you had tried using IRC to confirm that SCC was actually ok with what you intend to do as i believe someone suggested last time i saw you request SCC... so have you tried doing that or do you have a definitive answer on that?

central101
06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
@ central101 - i asked you before if you had tried using IRC to confirm that SCC was actually ok with what you intend to do as i believe someone suggested last time i saw you request SCC... so have you tried doing that or do you have a definitive answer on that?

If you are speaking about downloading files and re-uploading after encoding them then yes that is allowed. As others have said many of their elite members run file sharing websites and they use the SCC as their source.

Please let me know if this is doesn't answer your question.

ca_aok
06-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Uhh precisely what they said is they don't really care about their releases being upped to DDL hosters like rapidshare, though if it's brought to their attention they will hunt you down and ban you ;) What their "elite" members do isn't really much of your concern since like it or not, favouritism plays a huge part in the torrenting world.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/ca_aok/sccrules.png

And transcoding .avi XviDs is a sacrilege. At least go for the 720p if you're going to be doing that sort of thing ffs.