PDA

View Full Version : how do you explain your situation to waffles?

matt23ingly
06-11-2010, 02:47 AM
So I will only post this up once and then move on from it. But I was having some trouble logging into waffles and so I joined the IRC. They checked me out and stated I was "an invite trader." Obviously not true because they could check my invites to see if I invited anyone in the previous 6 months and see that I have not invited anyone. They wouldn't even let me explain my case but banned me from the IRC.

I understand it's not allowed, I do, but one would think that they would check to see if you actually invited people before banning someone. I posted that I had to trade thinking I could do that, then realized I couldn't so I didn't trade it. Yet I am banned. Oh well.

Anyone have something similiar happen?

ca_aok
06-11-2010, 03:01 AM
You could have been on the receiving end of an invite trade resulting in your waffles account :whistling

I mean maybe 90% of the time someone makes one of these threads they end up looking like an idiot if the staff decide to post their reasoning here, so umm... good luck with that ;)

McArty
06-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Or probably you offered an invite in a forum, who knows.

Quarterquack
06-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I posted that I had to trade thinking I could do that, then realized I couldn't so I didn't trade it. Yet I am banned. Oh well.

Usually the intent of trading is enough. However, I'm sure if you admit to them what you did here, explain that at first you didn't understand the repercussions or rules in place, and offer to be put under a probationary period, they'd be more than willing to give you a second chance.

matt23ingly
06-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I really appreciate that ringhunter. I really just want to explain myself so here goes:

I was looking for a specific torrent site and no one was willing to give me an invite so I search the bit torrent trades section here and realized people could trade invites [1st mistake]. So I posted a thread asking for a invite to that site and stated I had a waffles invite to possible trade. The 1st response to my post was a person stating that had an invite and would give it to me without the waffles trade so I figured I was all set [2nd mistake]. I then never actually traded my waffles invite to anyone, if you look at my records you can see that no invites have been given out in the past 6 months.

I am asking the Waffles staff or whomever has the ability to grant me a 2nd chance please do so on a probation period and with no invites allowed. I will not ever trade a waffles invite, nor did I ever trade one. I have a good ratio of right around 1.2 and have enjoyed the site for the past year or so. I do apologize that I offered up the waffles invite as a trade in my thread and guarantee it will never happen again.

In closing, if Waffles Staff reads this then thank you for taking the time to read it. And if you still don't want to allow me back on a probation period then I completely understand.

thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
a lover of all types of waffles

Raban
06-11-2010, 02:22 PM
So I posted a thread asking for a invite to that site and stated I had a waffles invite to possible trade.

jimminey christmas . . . . ..

ya waffles was totally unjustified in this ... ROLLEYES

anon
06-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I was looking for a specific torrent site and no one was willing to give me an invite so I search the bit torrent trades section here and realized people could trade invites [1st mistake]. So I posted a thread asking for a invite to that site and stated I had a waffles invite to possible trade. The 1st response to my post was a person stating that had an invite and would give it to me without the waffles trade so I figured I was all set [2nd mistake]. I then never actually traded my waffles invite to anyone, if you look at my records you can see that no invites have been given out in the past 6 months.

I guess the fact you've considered trading, even though you didn't get to trade anything, sufficed for them.

You should change your IP and try IRC again. If they still refuse to reenable you, well, tough luck.

tippertime
06-11-2010, 06:00 PM
kinda like that tom cruise movie where they arrest you before you commit the crime...same kinda deal :lol:

Mikity
06-11-2010, 06:04 PM
kinda like that tom cruise movie where they arrest you before you commit the crime...same kinda deal :lol:

Hmm.... trying to remember, was that Minority Report? :huh:

anon
06-11-2010, 06:07 PM
I think yes. I remember the phrase "you've been arrested for future murder" from the trailer.

Burnsy
06-11-2010, 06:45 PM
I think yes. I remember the phrase "you've been arrested for future murder" from the trailer.

:lol:

If you think about it though... since when has common sense, and the ability to 'possibly' have made a genuine error ever been acceptable in BT world??

They don't take no prisoners...

matt23ingly
06-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I appreciate all the replys. Just like Minority Report. absolutely hilarious reference though.

If they see my apology and realize I made a mistake but did not actually trade an invite and still don't want to reinstate me then that's fine as well.

It just got to me a little that they did not either check to see if an invite was trader, or ask for me to explain my situation, they simple just banned me.

Again thanks for the responses