PDA

View Full Version : US, Canada can buy from ovh.ie

satya87
06-13-2010, 09:49 PM
If this is a dupe topic delete

if not..if you live in US and Canada you can order from ovh.ie now or kimsufi.ie (they are officially listed as countries now other than ireland)

this applies for people who can afford to buy dedicated servers with set up fees.

you pay in euros..i think you don't pay VAT if you are ordering from US or Canada..last time i checked their forums

heiska
06-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Correct, and I just checked that you don't have to pay VAT either when ordering as an individual. But you do have to send them a copy of your ID + proof of address before you can place your order.

satya87
06-15-2010, 05:23 AM
Correct, and I just checked that you don't have to pay VAT either when ordering as an individual. But you do have to send them a copy of your ID + proof of address before you can place your order.

that is not an issue really..just look at the savings u make..i think canadian and us customers are goona start reselling to europe LOL

compact72
06-15-2010, 11:39 AM
You do have to pay VAT, go through setup fee.

And they are more expensive then others

Rilly
06-16-2010, 02:09 PM
You do have to pay VAT, go through setup fee.

And they are more expensive then others

Everyone has a setup fee.. and they are the same price as others.. where do you see a different price?

edit: Oh.. maybe you mean because you don't pay a setup fee via resellers, this is because the reseller might already have the server from a previous customer - so they've already paid the setup fee, so they give to the customer without setup fee.

mr.Dman
06-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Pay for 1 year and you don't have a setup fee.:whistling

Rilly
06-17-2010, 01:25 AM
and for a bottom line kimsufi, its only 180Euro for the year.. which is worth it to save 50 euro setup fee..

unoriginal
06-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Is the peering for ovh.ie as bad as it is for ovh/france? I live in North America and the speeds to here from OVH can be really poor sometimes. Would a box from .ie give me any better speeds if I got one on my own?

Rilly
06-17-2010, 11:53 AM
They are the same datacentres, so if you have bad peering from OVH france, you will have bad peering from ovh.ie as wll

lmn8r
06-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Yup it's all hosted from Roubaix regardless. Yes, speeds will suck to North America.

Someone on here should just sign up for a 100tb.com box and we all split it. I'd pay for 10TB of monthly transfer for $25/mo.

unoriginal
06-18-2010, 02:02 AM
I've seen a couple people mention 100tb around. They weren't really happy with the speeds.