PDA

View Full Version : searching for what-cd

platinum
06-13-2010, 10:25 PM
as asked in the object.

ready to show proof.

anon
06-13-2010, 10:28 PM
6 posts since 2005... it'd be better if you tried the IRC interview.

snagit
06-13-2010, 10:28 PM
LOL. :lol:

ca_aok
06-13-2010, 10:37 PM
6 posts since 2005... it'd be better if you tried the IRC interview.
And every single one of them save his first post was a request :lol:

platinum
06-13-2010, 10:59 PM
my stats speak for me.
I use bandwith for sharing. Not to blame others on forums.

anon
06-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Well, how to say this... What.cd has a rule against inviting strangers in forums, and they're rather strict with that. Few people will be willing to take the risk of sparing you, someone who has also practically never been active here, an invitation.

However, What.cd's staff is kind enough to have an interview IRC channel where you can earn one via your own efforts. You study a bunch of stuff about audio ripping and encoding, and if you pass, you get invited. It's easier than it looks, you should have a look at this:
http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

platinum
06-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Few people will be willing to take the risk of sparing you, someone who has also practically never been active here, an invitation.

that's why I wrote "ready to send proofs".
thx for the info.

anon
06-13-2010, 11:27 PM
that's why I wrote "ready to send proofs".

Still. While I'm not accusing you of anything, ratio proofs can be readily faked, so their presence doesn't matter too much. An experienced inviter will mostly care about why you want to get in.

platinum
06-13-2010, 11:38 PM
well, sure everything can be faked.
let's put it like this:
I asked and was ready in good faith to show what I could do
You answered
Someone took a stupid laugh
You told me about the interview and I appreciated.
Thx again.

n00bz0r
06-14-2010, 12:40 AM
my stats speak for me.
I use bandwith for sharing and asking for invites on forums.
Not to blame others on forums.
Fixed, but it seems hypocritical in a way..right?

Anyway, People around here do not owe anything to random strangers on interwebz.Nothing at all.
No one is bound to look requests up and fill 'em. People usually do it out of their own free will and goodness of heart.

So, if you stop acting like a smart ass, and justifying your lack of activity on forums (except when you needed something) and instead, provide a little more info as to why should someone trust a random stranger with a couple of ratio proofs (like every other BT user), with an invite, and put his/her own account at risk, would only serve your interests.

//0.02$

..and yeah, good luck. You're goin to need a lot of it as you have been dissing the very people who could have helped you.

bigdaddydude
06-14-2010, 01:26 AM
Try to be more active and help out others first. I think you could have done a better job giving a reason why you would be a good member.

Quarterquack
06-14-2010, 02:42 AM
I mean the guy seems like a nice person. I never understood the whole "activity" prospect. Being a good invitee has little to no relation with how vocal one is about his/her opinions.

He seems like a legitimately decent person, that has a no bullshit policy when dealing with others.

n00bz0r
06-14-2010, 03:17 AM
I mean the guy seems like a nice person. I never understood the whole "activity" prospect. Being a good invitee has little to no relation with how vocal one is about his/her opinions.
For starters, this is an online forum with a fair share of bad apples (traders, invite sellers etc). This makes people slightly uncomfortable at the prospect of inviting someone who has been around for 5+ years with 10 odd posts, of which 9 are related to requesting invites. No one knows whats goin on via PMs, if you're catching my drift..
Forum activity becomes an important criteria in the requests/GA section as it at least gives a rough idea of what the person could be like.
OFC this is the interwebz and nothing is foolproof.. people can always assume multiple identities. But having some sort of idea about the other person is way better than having NO idea at all.
Thats the reason people pay attention to 'post history' and 'level of activity' in these parts..

He seems like a legitimately decent person, that has a no bullshit policy when dealing with others.
I do admire the NO BS policy as long as the situation warrants it. But in this case, the OP's no BS policy is directed towards the same set of people he seeks help from at the first place, which doesn't seem right.

platinum
06-14-2010, 07:24 AM
hypocritical is changing other quotes thinking to be smart.
I do not have to justify anything.
I ask, you answer and the affair stops there, without people who consider themselves supreme judges of others behaviour.
As I said from the beginning I was ready to let you know or have anything that could help.
As an answer I received laughs and morals about how to stay on this forum.

I accept a "no" cause it's your decision and you give invites to whom you want or like.
It's ok.
What I don't like is to be aggressively judged without people knows absolutely anything of me.

anonymous0711
06-14-2010, 07:37 AM
hypocritical is changing other quotes thinking to be smart.
I do not have to justify anything.
I ask, you answer and the affair stops there, without people who consider themselves supreme judges of others behaviour.
As I said from the beginning I was ready to let you know or have anything that could help.
As an answer I received laughs and morals about how to stay on this forum.

Actually hypocritical would refer to someone saying one thing and then doing the opposite(highly simplified)
http://mw2.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite
It would be like if you told me me not to be so uptight ;)

As for the rest of your post you are right you dont have to justify anything but they also dont have to invite and you will soon learn that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Many of the ppl who posted here were trying to help you and had no malicious intent and yet you got defensive and instead of heeding their advice you decided to lash out at those who wanted to help.
maybe you should try listening to others next time and see if the end result of your requests differ from the results of this one(which will inevitably end in failure)

platinum
06-14-2010, 07:44 AM
thx for the dictionary, professor.

Maybe you were too busy searching the merriam webster to read this

"I accept a "no" cause it's your decision and you give invites to whom you want or like.
It's ok."

Guys, as I said, no problem. You owe me nothing. I knew it from the start.
But pls, no morals.

anonymous0711
06-14-2010, 07:52 AM
ok well could you at least explain #1 why do you want what.cd specifically, like what does it offer that you are specifically interested in? and #2 have you tried the interview and if not why not?

platinum
06-14-2010, 08:03 AM
#1 I'm really into music, as a journalist and promoter here where I live. So I'm always searching for something not commercial. Call it alternative, call it indie, call it niche music. From electronic to impro, from reggae to art-rock. On general trackers you can't find easily this kinda stuff (you just can't find it). And I am a little anal about quality, I mean file quality. I have a DAC taking the digital signal and passing to Rotel amplifier and B&W speakers. I want high quality mp3 or FLAC.
#2 I discovered the interview option just last night. As soon as I will finish reading I'll try it.

karachidude
06-14-2010, 09:29 AM
#1 I'm really into music, as a journalist and promoter here where I live. So I'm always searching for something not commercial. Call it alternative, call it indie, call it niche music. From electronic to impro, from reggae to art-rock. On general trackers you can't find easily this kinda stuff (you just can't find it). And I am a little anal about quality, I mean file quality. I have a DAC taking the digital signal and passing to Rotel amplifier and B&W speakers. I want high quality mp3 or FLAC.
#2 I discovered the interview option just last night. As soon as I will finish reading I'll try it.

gudluck for the interview :)

anonymous0711
06-14-2010, 05:42 PM
See this is the kinda info that goes into a good request... I do understand what you were saying about not finding less popular(basically anything that isnt on the radio) music on them, you are right it is practically impossible and even if you manage to find a cd or two the quality is usually low because most ppl who look for music there just dont care about it...

anyways gl with the interview GL with the interview hopefully it goes well

woton1940
06-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Best of luck mate!!

IdolEyes787
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM

thx for the dictionary, professor.

Maybe you were too busy searching the merriam webster to read this

"I accept a "no" cause it's your decision and you give invites to whom you want or like.
It's ok."

Guys, as I said, no problem. You owe me nothing. I knew it from the start.
But pls, no morals.

:eyebrows:

Sorry I can't do anything without morals even if occasionally they're bad ones.

Tv Controls you
06-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Platinum I'm liking the avatar... Black flag one of my fav bands...

Try taking the interview http://whatinterviewprep.webs.com/

I haven't seen a what.cd invite giving out on these forums in ages, as we just refer everyone to the interview....
But the truth is.. if your too lazy to study it and figure out irc.... You must not want to join that bad.

That's at least my personal opinion (of course excluding banned countries...)

Cabalo
06-14-2010, 09:20 PM
my stats speak for me.
I use bandwith for sharing. Not to blame others on forums.
I also use my bandwidth for sharing. Not to help others on forums.