PDA

View Full Version : Close the music forum

1000possibleclaws
06-14-2010, 05:16 AM
It's obvious that it's only being used so traders can meet the X number of posts needed to trade or access pms or whatnot. Might as well trash it completely, no brain activity present there anymore. :unsure:

graywolf
06-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Well.. maybe you're right.. but then you may as well trash the trading section as well.. Because.. that's not gonna stop them either. Trashing music forum doesn't make sense. :ermm:

Have you forgotten about lounge? :eyebrows: That's even a more haunting place for traders.

Personally, I don't think, it should go. This place would feel incomplete. I mean how can you keep movies and other sections going on and just exclude the music section.

And this means, that we're giving up to the traders' actions. We're just giving up something to diminish their "post count"? :blink:
Well.. If this happens, then I don't doubt that one day, I'll see Cabalo in an irc taking interview of people before letting them registering. :dabs:

Sorry, if I seemed rude, but that's how I feel. :mellow:

1000possibleclaws
06-14-2010, 08:01 AM
And this means, that we're giving up to the traders' actions. We're just giving up something to diminish their "post count"? :blink:
:mellow:

If your reason for posting is your post count, then you're posting for the wrong reasons.

As for the trading forum, it has a purpose; for people to trade. Which it accomplishes. The music forum has no relevance to this board whatsoever anymore. If you want to talk about music, you won't find it here. You'll get a few brainless replies from traders if you're lucky.

Well.. If this happens, then I don't doubt that one day, I'll see Cabalo in an irc taking interview of people before letting them registering.

:unsure:

anon
06-14-2010, 11:41 AM
It's obvious that it's only being used so traders can meet the X number of posts needed to trade or access pms or whatnot.

Close the Games forum as well while you're at it. 90% of posts there seem to comply with the conditions you mention. :unsure:

IdolEyes787
06-14-2010, 11:58 AM
And the movie section

Disme
06-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Have you forgotten about lounge? :eyebrows: That's even a more haunting place for traders.

What are you talking about :blink:
The Lounge is prolly the only place on FST where traders are absent ...

graywolf
06-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Ok.. as others stated above, then you should close the games and movies section as well. I mean, like in games section.. those "PES or FIFA", one has to write just one word for a post to be counted.

@ Disme : Well.. Sometimes, you can see quite a number of trolls there as well..

and what about forum games? Aren't they like gateway to heaven for traders?

anon
06-14-2010, 02:09 PM
@ Disme : Well.. Sometimes, you can see quite a number of trolls there as well..

But it's the lounge! :O

and what about forum games? Aren't they like gateway to heaven for traders?

Yes, but at least you can't say you didn't expect it. :lol:

Cabalo
06-14-2010, 03:25 PM
The music section was pretty dead anyway. If it weren't for those spam count posts, the last post done at the section would have been months old. So it's actually, today, a ghost town.
It's not hurting the board either to have it there...

tesco
06-14-2010, 10:41 PM
It's obvious that it's only being used so traders can meet the X number of posts needed to trade or access pms or whatnot.

Close the Games forum as well while you're at it. 90% of posts there seem to comply with the conditions you mention. :unsure:
But the games forum gets legitimate threads some of the time.
And if you post a question there, you will get legitimate responses as well.

Can't say how the music section is, I've never had any interest in going in there.

anon
06-14-2010, 10:43 PM
But the games forum gets legitimate threads some of the time.
And if you post a question there, you will get legitimate responses as well.

Then you could close all the threads ccs434 has posted on today, I guess.

Can't say how the music section is, I've never had any interest in going in there.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-music-21/

Have a look at the amount of "thread locked" icons. :lol:

tesco
06-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Then you could close all the threads ccs434 has posted on today, I guess.

Can't say how the music section is, I've never had any interest in going in there.http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-music-21/

Have a look at the amount of "thread locked" icons. :lol:
I see. Haven't been there in a while...

I'll have to take a look, and will discuss what to do with the team.

megabyteme
06-15-2010, 09:41 AM
I strongly favor other forms of media over music. That said though, the music section belongs here. Music is one of the major draws to file-sharing. If the section disappeared, newcomers would ask, "Hey, why don't you have a music forum?"

It is a lot easier to have a discussion about a movie than it is an album. It seems difficult for 90% of the members here to manage that. I wish people were more willing/able to put thought into things they claim to enjoy, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the file-sharing demographic.

If the music section is nothing more than a spam haven, then let it be that. There's no harm in it. People looking to get their required 10 post in, will do so AND be just as easy to spot no matter where they decide to post them.

Tv Controls you
06-17-2010, 12:53 AM
It's obvious that it's only being used so traders can meet the X number of posts needed to trade or access pms or whatnot. Might as well trash it completely, no brain activity present there anymore. :unsure:

I find this to be an odd post from a person who loves music such as yourself, although I sympathize with your BT standpoint.
As I will agree that the level of conversation there is below average, and does appear to be a gateway for free posts.

The way I see it....

If we remove the music forum, then people seeking higher post counts will simply take their meaningless conversations elsewhere on the board...

In the end.. I believe it will solve nothing.

....and we would have no link to the last.fm group :happy: , which you should all join btw

*TrueSounds your pm box is full btw...

Cabalo
06-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Might as well trash it completely, no brain activity present there anymore. :unsure:
Then we could very well close all FST sections and leave the lounge, where it is encouraged.

The_Martinator
06-19-2010, 06:09 PM
If it's that bad, I can try to post there. Fact is my music taste is very different than TrueSounds (we both hate trance, though), so he may label my posts as spam. :lol:

I say keep the section. Traders will spam to 10 posts regardles of how many sections we have and how (in)active they are.

graywolf
06-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Might as well trash it completely, no brain activity present there anymore. :unsure:
Then we could very well close all FST sections and leave the lounge, where it is encouraged.

Exactly! :yup:

nthpeter
06-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Minimum 10 posts rule in those sections? That would prevent newcomers to spam there, so a part of the meaningless conversations would gone (im not sure that the other part would spam or not).

C-mos
06-27-2010, 09:01 AM
remove it. ;)

{I}{K}{E}
07-04-2010, 08:42 PM
And the movie section

The movie section will never be removed. That's my section!! :angry:
Respect my green star(s)! :01:

tesco
07-04-2010, 10:22 PM
And the movie section

Last time you posted in there?:unsure:

Snee
07-09-2010, 07:36 PM

I agree, close the BT section.

{I}{K}{E}
07-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Last time you posted in there?:unsure:

08-17-09, 10:47 PM

:whistling