PDA

View Full Version : utorrent 2.0.2 tutorial/port opening

aussienaterror
06-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Ok so after much mucking around i now have 2.0.2 and straight off it is working even without changing anything in preferences but i would like to set it up to work as it should so what i am looking for is a tutorial preferably for 2.0.2 because some others have different screens and makes it hard to work out what is what.

What also has me confused is that when i try to open a port using portforwarding.com it tells me that if i have a dot in the "obtain ip addredd automically" then i should click the other option and get my ip from the dos screen at ipconfig/all i do this but my default gateway and my dns servers are the same so then i follow on and log into my routers homepage and find the right numbers ( i presume ) so i go back put in these numbers but then i lose my connection if i go back to the connections page and change the dots back to ip automatically i re-connect so i need a way to open a port and remain on the net.

So if anyone can help out i would be truly greatful

Cheer's
Neil

1000possibleclaws
06-15-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm gonna do you a favor and move this to a section you might actually get some help from :P

anon
06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
What also has me confused is that when i try to open a port using portforwarding.com it tells me that if i have a dot in the "obtain ip addredd automically" then i should click the other option and get my ip from the dos screen at ipconfig/all i do this but my default gateway and my dns servers are the same so then i follow on and log into my routers homepage and find the right numbers ( i presume ) so i go back put in these numbers but then i lose my connection if i go back to the connections page and change the dots back to ip automatically i re-connect so i need a way to open a port and remain on the net.

Use a static LAN IP maybe? Specially if you're using the router to share your connection. Give everyone a different IP, and forward the ports you need to yours. You can then run uTorrent and go to www.canyouseeme.org to check if you've done things correctly. :)

aussienaterror
06-17-2010, 12:54 AM
hmm ok never tried a static lan before i do have my two kids on laptops that use the same connection if anyone can help with a detailed instruction on how to set this up it would be much appreciated.

cheer's
Neil

anon
06-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Here you are:
http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

As mentioned there, the IPs need to be different for each computer. :)

aussienaterror
06-18-2010, 01:43 AM
why would my dos screen have an ip address as 10.1.1.5 and when i log into my router using 10.1.1.1 it has my lan ip as 10.1.1.1?? i am so confused it was much easier when the hardest thing we had to do was work out how to spell words upside down on a calculator

anon
06-18-2010, 03:03 PM
why would my dos screen have an ip address as 10.1.1.5 and when i log into my router using 10.1.1.1 it has my lan ip as 10.1.1.1??

10.1.1.1 is the router's IP, 10.1.1.5 is yours.

aussienaterror
06-19-2010, 02:16 AM
ahh so i guess that means that i can give my kids laptops any two of these?? 10.1.1.2/10.1.1.3/10.1.1.4

anon
06-19-2010, 04:19 PM
If they aren't being used by another computer already, then yes. :)

anon
06-19-2010, 04:23 PM
do you really need to open the port...

i opened two ports ...

but nothings happening so far

You again? :pinch: