PDA

View Full Version : Login Help

juarezroberttt
11-01-2003, 01:34 AM
can you help me change my login i got the instructions but cant understand here it is :

Backup (copy) the file %windir%\system32\logonui.exe (most likely C:\windows\system32\logonui.exe - the logon)
Download the .zip to your computer
Extract logonui.exe to a directory other than %windir%\system32 (most likely C:\windows\system32)
Reboot your computer into Safe Mode (hit F8 before the boot screen) or into true DOS (from a boot disk)
Overwrite the file %windir%\system32\logonui.exe (which should have been backed up) with the extracted exe
Reboot your computer as you normally would

can you put it in a way i can understand. i get it up to the overwrite part

Guillaume
11-01-2003, 01:40 AM
Well, boot into safe mode, move the extracted file to C:\Windows\System 32, click yes when it says something like "there's already a file named logonui.exe. Do you want to overwrite it?" and reboot your comp...

juarezroberttt
11-01-2003, 02:31 AM
i'v tryd 5 times and no new login screen must be me can you explain it all to me please

juarezroberttt
11-01-2003, 02:48 AM
come on this hase been bugin me sence 4 and it 7 now please help just but it in simple terms 4 me

ScotchGuy
11-01-2003, 03:27 AM
There aren't any simpler ways to put it. If you can't understand something as simple as booting into safe mode and replacing a file then you should step away from the computer right now, you don't belong on it.

juarezroberttt
11-01-2003, 03:33 AM
never mind man i just did it sorry sadtoaster