PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto V

Keikan
11-01-2003, 07:58 AM
Grand Theft Auto V will be released Q4 2004

Only one year to go.

But this release is for PS2, the pc one is like 2005?

Nightwolf
11-01-2003, 08:11 AM
I haven't heard anything else about GTA5 yet, but here are some things I would like to see...

-the ability to break into houses and steal things

-more suburban and/or rural areas

-animals like dogs, cows, chickens, etc. (imagine blowing them away :) )

-the ability to SWIM!

Evil Gemini
11-01-2003, 08:31 AM
And multiplayer without the need of a retarded mod

Jayhawk
11-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Nightwolf@1 November 2003 - 03:11
I haven't heard anything else about GTA5 yet, but here are some things I would like to see...

-the ability to break into houses and steal things

-more suburban and/or rural areas

-animals like dogs, cows, chickens, etc. (imagine blowing them away :) )

-the ability to SWIM!
that would be cool

Amarjit
11-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Going down the massive San Andreas hills at maximum speed's gonna rock! I'll probably get the PC version, because they are always better than the PS2 ones. ;)

Mad Cat
11-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@1 November 2003 - 07:58
Grand Theft Auto V will be released Q4 2004

Only one year to go.

But this release is for PS2, the pc one is like 2005?
I'm surprised they're calling it GTA5, I guess they are saying VC was 4 but that was based on the GTA3 engine and it was more of a stand alone EP.

Whatever, all I know is that I can't wait.

PC forever!

silent VI
11-01-2003, 01:09 PM
im countin down the seconds :lol:

Pitbul
11-01-2003, 01:15 PM
whoever is the genius who created this thread get your facts str8. first off the next GTA will be another extension off GTA3 and GTA VC. second its not GTA5. GTAVC wasn't even GTA4. but this next game will be the last to use the same engine. after that a new one will be created.

Peerzy
11-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul@1 November 2003 - 13:15
whoever is the genius who created this thread get your facts str8. first off the next GTA will be another extension off GTA3 and GTA VC. second its not GTA5. GTAVC wasn't even GTA4. but this next game will be the last to use the same engine. after that a new one will be created.
is it just me or could you be lieing as well? <_< hmmmmmmm who to belive, who to belive i think i will beilve me&#33; and that apes will rule the earth. :D :P

i hope IF they use the same engine they up the graphics more and make it more u can do anything by like going into houses and stuff.

RedRival
11-01-2003, 01:19 PM
i hope if they gonna release it soon (gta5), that they will improvise some of mac payne 2&#39;s features...better third person mode shooter and better detail in some areas...

and don&#39;t make cars disappear if they turn around the bend

silent VI
11-01-2003, 01:38 PM
it be kill if they could have licenced cars

Inevitable
11-01-2003, 01:57 PM
Gangsters don&#39;t "swim". ;)

Peerzy
11-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@1 November 2003 - 13:38
it be kill if they could have licenced cars
i got a mod that changed all thge cars to there real names bike, hele&#39;s and boats too.

CadeLaguana
11-01-2003, 02:23 PM
I read about this yesterday over at megagames (http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/nextgtagamegetsadate.shtml).

I don&#39;t see most of the details you guys are saying. Things like "same engine", "playstation 2 first". You guys don&#39;t know those details. There isn&#39;t even the name out yet. They are keeping this one under wraps.

If you have read somewhere where they say all these things (wich I doubt you have a good source), please tell me the site.

Wait untill you get some official info from rockstar before making stupid assumptions.

Its like my old pops used to say, when you assume, you make an "ASS (out of) U(and) ME"

Then again...he was an alcoholic...and hung himself.... <_<

moving on...

lacid
11-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy+1 November 2003 - 13:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 1 November 2003 - 13:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pitbul@1 November 2003 - 13:15
whoever is the genius who created this thread get your facts str8. first off the next GTA will be another extension off GTA3 and GTA VC. second its not GTA5. GTAVC wasn&#39;t even GTA4. but this next game will be the last to use the same engine. after that a new one will be created.
is it just me or could you be lieing as well? <_< hmmmmmmm who to belive, who to belive i think i will beilve me&#33; and that apes will rule the earth. :D :P

i hope IF they use the same engine they up the graphics more and make it more u can do anything by like going into houses and stuff. [/b][/quote]
peeryboy is right. san andreas is just the third part of GTA3 since there were 3 cities(liberty city, vice city, and now san andreas)

Spider_dude
11-01-2003, 04:25 PM
i heard that the next gta would be based in edinburgh as that is where rockstar north are origionally from and indeed where the first games were created, before the big buy out.

TheFilePirater
11-01-2003, 04:33 PM
im not much of a pc gamer wit car games, if i get a wheel for xmas i might d/l vice city, but like you guys said, stealing is the best

Peerzy
11-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by lacid+1 November 2003 - 16:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lacid &#064; 1 November 2003 - 16:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by peerzyboy@1 November 2003 - 13:18
<!--QuoteBegin-Pitbul@1 November 2003 - 13:15
whoever is the genius who created this thread get your facts str8. first off the next GTA will be another extension off GTA3 and GTA VC. second its not GTA5. GTAVC wasn&#39;t even GTA4. but this next game will be the last to use the same engine. after that a new one will be created.

i hope IF they use the same engine they up the graphics more and make it more u can do anything by like going into houses and stuff.
peeryboy is right. san andreas is just the third part of GTA3 since there were 3 cities(liberty city, vice city, and now san andreas) [/b][/quote]
yeah im always right lol :P :D
they should cell shade it i think that wod look wikid, imagine LOZ:WW graphics with GTA:VC gameplay :lol: :D

Nightwolf
11-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by RedRival@1 November 2003 - 08:19
and don&#39;t make cars disappear if they turn around the bend
Yes, yes, yes&#33; Not only when they go around a bend, but even if you just turn around and turn back again they disappear&#33; Man that pisses me off sometimes.

And Pitbull, GTA5 is just a generic term for it because it is the fifth game in the series. Nobody knows any specific details about it yet, so there are no facts to get straight. ;)

11-01-2003, 10:14 PM
It&#39;s not going to be GTA5. It&#39;s going to be GTA: Sin City. IGN has a huge article on it. I read it a couple months ago and it even had screen shots from their first beta release for it (wasn&#39;t a leak, just screen shots from the studio).

SciManAl
11-01-2003, 10:16 PM
hmm wouldn&#39;;t it be intresting if the weopons you were taking with you came from somewhere instead of out of that guys arm...??? just a thought...???

choobacka
11-02-2003, 12:14 AM
spider dude your sig the one that tells the ip say am being hacked is that real or have you modified it

abu_has_the_power
11-02-2003, 12:15 AM
gta5 is called gta sanchez... go on gtagaming.com and it&#39;s on their news section. in the original gta, there were 3 cities, liberty city, vice city, and that sanchez. i think it&#39;s something sanchez or sanchez something, i forgot. but no, it&#39;s not gta5.

KoKaNe_II
11-02-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by CadeLaguana@1 November 2003 - 14:23
Then again...he was an alcoholic...and hung himself.... <_<

wtf? Im sorry dude if thats true, but it was so funny...

Nightwolf
11-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by 420@1 November 2003 - 17:14
It&#39;s not going to be GTA5. It&#39;s going to be GTA: Sin City. IGN has a huge article on it. I read it a couple months ago and it even had screen shots from their first beta release for it (wasn&#39;t a leak, just screen shots from the studio).
That was a hoax.

Nightwolf
11-02-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@1 November 2003 - 19:15
gta5 is called gta sanchez... go on gtagaming.com and it&#39;s on their news section. in the original gta, there were 3 cities, liberty city, vice city, and that sanchez. i think it&#39;s something sanchez or sanchez something, i forgot. but no, it&#39;s not gta5.
From gtagaming.com...

As they watched the credits roll at the end of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, most gamers had one question on their minds: "When is the next one coming out?&#33;"

That question was answered this morning at the 20th Annual Technology Conference in New York City by Cindi Buckwalter, executive vice president of Take-Two Interactive, parent company of Vice City publisher Rockstar Games. As part of a presentation on Take-Two&#39;s 2004 business plan (broadcast on the Web), Buckwalter confirmed that the next Grand Theft Auto is slated for Q4 2004. "In the back half of &#39;04, Q4," she said, "we have targeted Grand Theft Auto 5 or the next version of Grand Theft Auto."

Unsurprisingly, Buckwalter was mum when it came to the next game&#39;s subject matter, although Las Vegas- and Los Angeles-inspired scenarios have been rumored. "It has not been named," she stated. Her copresenter, Take-Two CFO Karl Winters, was similarly cautious, saying, "I want to be prudent about our comments. We&#39;re very excited about the brand. We&#39;re excited about it. We&#39;re giving it a breather in the marketplace, and we think that it will all come together for us next year."

However, Winters was optimistic about the game&#39;s chances. "The mountain top is continually higher," said Winters. "We had a lot of questions about how we could possibly create something that could compete with Grand Theft Auto 3. None of us who were sitting here a year ago would have suggested we would have the type of success we had with Vice City."

Now, can everyone please stop saying it&#39;s not GTA5 because that came straight from the company that makes it. By the time it comes out they&#39;ll probably change the name, but for now that&#39;s just what they&#39;re calling it. Nobody knows what it&#39;s going to be about, but the Sanchez was a dirt bike in Vice City so I doubt if they&#39;re going to base an entire game around it. Most people think it&#39;s going to be San Andreas, but that&#39;s just speculation too. All we can do is wait and see.

abu_has_the_power
11-02-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Nightwolf+2 November 2003 - 01:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf &#064; 2 November 2003 - 01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@1 November 2003 - 19:15
From gtagaming.com...

As they watched the credits roll at the end of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, most gamers had one question on their minds: "When is the next one coming out?&#33;"

That question was answered this morning at the 20th Annual Technology Conference in New York City by Cindi Buckwalter, executive vice president of Take-Two Interactive, parent company of Vice City publisher Rockstar Games. As part of a presentation on Take-Two&#39;s 2004 business plan (broadcast on the Web), Buckwalter confirmed that the next Grand Theft Auto is slated for Q4 2004. "In the back half of &#39;04, Q4," she said, "we have targeted Grand Theft Auto 5 or the next version of Grand Theft Auto."

Unsurprisingly, Buckwalter was mum when it came to the next game&#39;s subject matter, although Las Vegas- and Los Angeles-inspired scenarios have been rumored. "It has not been named," she stated. Her copresenter, Take-Two CFO Karl Winters, was similarly cautious, saying, "I want to be prudent about our comments. We&#39;re very excited about the brand. We&#39;re excited about it. We&#39;re giving it a breather in the marketplace, and we think that it will all come together for us next year."

However, Winters was optimistic about the game&#39;s chances. "The mountain top is continually higher," said Winters. "We had a lot of questions about how we could possibly create something that could compete with Grand Theft Auto 3. None of us who were sitting here a year ago would have suggested we would have the type of success we had with Vice City."

Now, can everyone please stop saying it&#39;s not GTA5 because that came straight from the company that makes it. By the time it comes out they&#39;ll probably change the name, but for now that&#39;s just what they&#39;re calling it. Nobody knows what it&#39;s going to be about, but the Sanchez was a dirt bike in Vice City so I doubt if they&#39;re going to base an entire game around it. Most people think it&#39;s going to be San Andreas, but that&#39;s just speculation too. All we can do is wait and see. [/b][/quote]
oh, there we go. it&#39;s called gta san andreas
not sanchez, sory. but san andreas is the other city in the original gta. and now, the 5th gta will be called gta san andreas. there we go

abu_has_the_power
11-02-2003, 01:08 AM
http://www.gtagaming.com/sanandreas/info.php

silent VI
11-02-2003, 01:23 AM
i ment like normal cars real cars beinz bemmers nissans kill shit BTW im a concol user i dont think i can use mods

Nightwolf
11-02-2003, 08:14 AM
The only way they could license real cars is if they agreed not to ever show them with any physical damage, and that would suck.

silent VI
11-02-2003, 09:34 AM
why would they have to agree to no phycical damage to cars ?didn the cars damage in the getaway or midtown madness i think they did but i have bad memory

RGX
11-02-2003, 12:19 PM
What I would love to see in the next GTA

The ability to swim&#33; But not so that you can hop to the next "island" earlier or anything, just short distances before you get tired like the sprint option or something.

The ability to run whilst firing heavier weapons&#33; If you are running with the assault rifle *m16coughM16" you should still be able to fire, not very accuratly at all, but still fire rather than stop starting. The minigun and rocket launchers, and sniper rifles all should require you standing still, as they are extremley heavy duty and require balance to fire, but assualt rifles and light guns should allow you to run.

More realistic damage- What I would really love to see, is if you shot a car, the little bullet holes appeared first, rather than sparks and it blowing up. A car should not blow up if you ram 20 bullets into its roof&#33; I think the cars should only explode if you get several hits on the engine or roughly where the fuel tank should be, it would be much more fun to hide behind a car from cops as the bullets shattered the windows and peppered it with holes, rather thn it blowing up within twenty seconds of fire commencing.....a lot of the vehicles blow up far too easily, the swat fan for example, how many swat vans have you seen that have their bonnets fall off after a minor incident with a lampost? Or explode after 3 or 4 hits? They for one should be much stronger, and used less often, so destroying one or stealing one would be much more of an acheivment....same thing with the FBI cars, they are driven extremley well, yet blow up relativley easy.

Doors should also be able to be shot through on cars, given enough bullets, so if a cops hiding behind one you could slam in a couple of clips and eventually break through.....strong enough so that it takes at least 20 bullets to break through, this would be extremley cool and add another element to the gameplay. Also, (i know im rambling now but I love the games :D ) all windows should be breakable, back ones as well, so if you employ a driver or something (which i hope you can do) you can sit in the back, shatter the windows, and pour bullets over the chasingh policve, unless the windows are supposed to be bullet proof i.e FBI cars.

Oh yeah and all guns to have a melee option, so you could smash a window with the butt of your rifle or pistol whip a cop

Erm yeah I just want more realism really, ideally Id want GTA to have the same feel as the scene in "Heat" where they are breaking out from the bank, assault rifles blazing, pouring holes into cars (without them blowing up easy) taking out huge amounts of cops.

Just my thoughts, i hope they get put in, one thing I hope they keep is the incredible humour, oh and the jumps, youve gotta love the jumps :lol:

Peerzy
11-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RGX@2 November 2003 - 12:19
What I would love to see in the next GTA

The ability to swim&#33; But not so that you can hop to the next "island" earlier or anything, just short distances before you get tired like the sprint option or something.

The ability to run whilst firing heavier weapons&#33; If you are running with the assault rifle *m16coughM16" you should still be able to fire, not very accuratly at all, but still fire rather than stop starting. The minigun and rocket launchers, and sniper rifles all should require you standing still, as they are extremley heavy duty and require balance to fire, but assualt rifles and light guns should allow you to run.

More realistic damage- What I would really love to see, is if you shot a car, the little bullet holes appeared first, rather than sparks and it blowing up. A car should not blow up if you ram 20 bullets into its roof&#33; I think the cars should only explode if you get several hits on the engine or roughly where the fuel tank should be, it would be much more fun to hide behind a car from cops as the bullets shattered the windows and peppered it with holes, rather thn it blowing up within twenty seconds of fire commencing.....a lot of the vehicles blow up far too easily, the swat fan for example, how many swat vans have you seen that have their bonnets fall off after a minor incident with a lampost? Or explode after 3 or 4 hits? They for one should be much stronger, and used less often, so destroying one or stealing one would be much more of an acheivment....same thing with the FBI cars, they are driven extremley well, yet blow up relativley easy.

Doors should also be able to be shot through on cars, given enough bullets, so if a cops hiding behind one you could slam in a couple of clips and eventually break through.....strong enough so that it takes at least 20 bullets to break through, this would be extremley cool and add another element to the gameplay. Also, (i know im rambling now but I love the games :D ) all windows should be breakable, back ones as well, so if you employ a driver or something (which i hope you can do) you can sit in the back, shatter the windows, and pour bullets over the chasingh policve, unless the windows are supposed to be bullet proof i.e FBI cars.

Oh yeah and all guns to have a melee option, so you could smash a window with the butt of your rifle or pistol whip a cop

Erm yeah I just want more realism really, ideally Id want GTA to have the same feel as the scene in "Heat" where they are breaking out from the bank, assault rifles blazing, pouring holes into cars (without them blowing up easy) taking out huge amounts of cops.

Just my thoughts, i hope they get put in, one thing I hope they keep is the incredible humour, oh and the jumps, youve gotta love the jumps :lol:
some good i deas there :D i loved that scene from heat. i also thing they should take a page from thwe max payne 2 book and hav something like a havok engine where they dont just fall down on the floor if they get it by a car or fly 20ft in the air laying down <_< i think they should bend over the car much like a real car hit and run. altho i think if they made it too realistic i think that it mite because to much like real crime and ppl mite start to get pissed off about it <_< not me tho :rolleyes: :D

Peerzy
11-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@2 November 2003 - 09:34
why would they have to agree to no phycical damage to cars ?didn the cars damage in the getaway or midtown madness i think they did but i have bad memory
because it shows there car (bmw) being destroyed and joy ridden for fun and i dont think the goverment like that well defently not in the uk n e way <_< :angry:

Peerzy
11-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@2 November 2003 - 01:23
i ment like normal cars real cars beinz bemmers nissans kill shit BTW im a concol user i dont think i can use mods
what do you mena you cant use mods?
al;l of the cars are besed on cars from 1985-ish they hav just changed the names and u cant remember them because thier from the 80&#39;s but the mods just replaced all the car names and i started to remember a few vagly :rolleyes:

Nightwolf
11-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@2 November 2003 - 04:34
I think manufacturer&#39;s are becoming a little more lenient about showing a few minor dents and scratches on their cars, but they would never allow a game to show them being destroyed the way they are in GTA. They want their product to appear safe and indestructible.

Keikan
11-02-2003, 10:08 PM
http://www.gamespot.com

ontheedge2000
11-25-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Nightwolf@1 November 2003 - 03:11
-the ability to SWIM&#33;
first off.. he&#39;s NEVER been able to swim. if they wanted him to swim im pretty sure they could have done it in the first one :)

also, i like being able to jump off of 10 story buildings without getting killed, and not getting injured in a car that goes 90 into a wall :P

Nightwolf
11-25-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by ontheedge2000+24 November 2003 - 20:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ontheedge2000 &#064; 24 November 2003 - 20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Nightwolf@1 November 2003 - 03:11
-the ability to SWIM&#33;
first off.. he&#39;s NEVER been able to swim. if they wanted him to swim im pretty sure they could have done it in the first one :)

also, i like being able to jump off of 10 story buildings without getting killed, and not getting injured in a car that goes 90 into a wall :P[/b][/quote]
Just because he couldn&#39;t swim in previous versions doesn&#39;t mean they can&#39;t fix this glaring omission, which many poeple complain about, in the next incarnation of the game. If they&#39;re trying to create a realistic environment, then when I fall in the water I should simply be able to swim back to shore and climb out.

And speaking of jumping, I think you should also be able to jump/climb up onto any surface that&#39;s less than 8 feet in height, just like you could in real life.

tHe LiNk
11-25-2003, 03:32 AM
Yes, the next gta will be called GTA 4 and [annoyingly] will be based off the engine used in 3 or vice city (vice city&#39;s engine was slightly modified i believe).