PDA

View Full Version : Slow Kazaa Downloads

kev4
11-01-2003, 09:19 AM
right i have a fast broadband connection, and i very rarely get downloads that reach 17.00 kb/s and recently every download im downloadin seem to be 4.00 kb/s or less this is very very very annoying as a broadband user! is there a solution to fix this problem, its the only problem of kazaa this is apart from viruses too. my mood: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

frednufc
11-01-2003, 02:59 PM
I have a fast B/Band as well...my D/L's are sometimes slow...but I just let it run, it gets there...

Don't D/L lots at a time....

Have patience....

;) ;)

Sparkle1984
11-01-2003, 03:20 PM
The download speed is dependent upon the upload speed of the person you are donwloading from. ;)

Enter The Matrix
11-01-2003, 03:35 PM
I Had That Problem, Do A Virus Check On Your Computer,Viruses Can Slow Down Your Whole System! :rolleyes:

ZaZu
11-01-2003, 05:44 PM
My Kazaa Lite ++ Is So Fast...., YOU GOT TO TRY THESE TIPS HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68372) ;)

MUSLEMAN
11-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by kev4@1 November 2003 - 05:19
right i have a fast broadband connection, and i very rarely get downloads that reach 17.00 kb/s and recently every download im downloadin seem to be 4.00 kb/s or less this is very very very annoying as a broadband user! is there a solution to fix this problem, its the only problem of kazaa this is apart from viruses too. my mood: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
remember:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth, to see if it helps

Gordy's_no_pig
11-02-2003, 05:55 PM
B) i sympathise with you

what works for me when i start to download stuff i make sure im sitting comfortably i have a small pillow at my neck, a small blanket over me, i fall asleep and have a small napm and when i wake up things seem to have taken no time to download

P.S. one time i lost a whole day

cosmic doobie
11-02-2003, 06:00 PM
http://www.blackmaxpc.com/avatarsmiles/smiles/sleeping.gif

Always the best way to use KaZaA :D

darkewolf
11-03-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@1 November 2003 - 15:20
The download speed is dependent upon the upload speed of the person you are donwloading from. ;)
nope, there's something bogging down the system. I've contacted both my isp and my carrier...neither of them are setting load limitations. I have a max possible upload speed of 15 on my cable modem, and I see peeps hit me at 12+ and then drop down to like 2 a second later, or then go to 1.17 or even 0.00 And I've been on the short end of that stick too.
I'm not criticizing anybody, but there is definitely SOMETHING going on with the network, and it's not just peoples conns.

damnet
11-03-2003, 06:03 PM
yes, theres is definitively something wrong, i dont have the greatest of conections(256 cable) but after i installed the latest version of klite(maybe it dosent have anything to do with klyte who knows) things started to get ugly, speeds dont go past 5kb/s and most of the time it stays at less then 2kb/s, even files with more then 32usrs or 3000 bandwigth it just dont go past 5kb/s when it does it just stays at that speed for like a second and then drops all the way again.

so obvously its not a few source problem, and not slow sources as well, allready tryed every type of file, everytime diferent sources and everytime the same shit repeats again, it dosnt matter if its 1 source or 20 the speed just dont go past 4 or 5kb/s

MUSLEMAN
11-03-2003, 06:53 PM
ofcourse there is something going on with the network, there is the riaa and they have created a lot of leeches who download but don't upload, so when you search you see them as a source but they are not realy available for connection, thats why i always tell you guys "don't pay attention to what you see in the search window it does not mean s***" thats the only thing wrong with the network the users http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/1/slookani.gif

kazaaliterock
11-03-2003, 07:11 PM
hmmmmmmm right now my kazaa is dling some anime at 200kB/s so i dotn think theres ne thing wrong

cosmic doobie
11-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliterock@3 November 2003 - 19:11
hmmmmmmm right now my kazaa is dling some anime at 200kB/s so i dotn think theres ne thing wrong
http://www.blackmaxpc.com/avatarsmiles/smiles/fun_08.gif

MUSLEMAN
11-03-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliterock@3 November 2003 - 15:11
its your sources and supernode boss, it will change and go up and down.

kazaaliterock
11-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+3 November 2003 - 20:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 3 November 2003 - 20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kazaaliterock@3 November 2003 - 15:11
its your sources and supernode boss, it will change and go up and down. [/b][/quote]
ummmm no it was above 200kB/s the whole time. and it finishes in about 15 minutes.

btw, y u keep calling ppl boss or am i misunderstanding?

MUSLEMAN
11-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliterock+3 November 2003 - 16:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kazaaliterock @ 3 November 2003 - 16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@3 November 2003 - 20:13
<!--QuoteBegin-kazaaliterock@3 November 2003 - 15:11
its your sources and supernode boss, it will change and go up and down.
ummmm no it was above 200kB/s the whole time. and it finishes in about 15 minutes.

btw, y u keep calling ppl boss or am i misunderstanding? [/b][/quote]
yes i call people boss, thats just how i am, anyways what i was saying is you are not going to get the same results with every file you try to download some will have a speed of .05kb

kazaaliterock
11-03-2003, 08:14 PM
ohhhhhh ya my movie file is crawling at a little below 10 kB/s right now. typical kazaa ;) :D

MUSLEMAN
11-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliterock@3 November 2003 - 16:14
ohhhhhh ya my movie file is crawling at a little below 10 kB/s right now. typical kazaa ;) :D
exactly, now you can try to change supernodes to see if you get lucky with more connectable sources, but there is no guarantyhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/w/thumbs.gif

kazaaliterock
11-03-2003, 08:19 PM
i never have understood the supernode thing. how do i know which supernode would have the best speed for what im dling.

MUSLEMAN
11-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliterock@3 November 2003 - 16:19
i never have understood the supernode thing. how do i know which supernode would have the best speed for what im dling.
you don&#39;t know, every supernode has a group of people on it and when you change supernodes, you just check that particular groups files on that supenode, if anybody on that group has the file you want and is on for you to connect to, then his bandwidth will add on to what you already have, making your download go that much fasterhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/w/thumbs.gif

kazaaliterock
11-04-2003, 01:11 AM
so changeing nodes wont hurt u, all it does is add bandwidth?

MUSLEMAN
11-04-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by kazaaliterock@3 November 2003 - 21:11
so changeing nodes wont hurt u, all it does is add bandwidth?
yes if there is available bandwidth to add, as far as your downloads go, once the dat file has the source ip in it, it does not matter what supernode you are on, altho a bs supenode could effect all your downloads and their sources, but those are very easy to spot, when you connect to them http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/smiley2k.gif

Switeck
11-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by damnet@3 November 2003 - 13:03
yes, theres is definitively something wrong, i dont have the greatest of conections(256 cable) but after i installed the latest version of klite(maybe it dosent have anything to do with klyte who knows) things started to get ugly, speeds dont go past 5kb/s and most of the time it stays at less then 2kb/s, even files with more then 32usrs or 3000 bandwigth it just dont go past 5kb/s when it does it just stays at that speed for like a second and then drops all the way again.

so obvously its not a few source problem, and not slow sources as well, allready tryed every type of file, everytime diferent sources and everytime the same shit repeats again, it dosnt matter if its 1 source or 20 the speed just dont go past 4 or 5kb/sDoes it affect YOUR uploads?

If your uploads are slow as well, it&#39;s possible even likely your ISP is screwing KL++ over.

If your uploads are fast (in total), then you probably haven&#39;t set good limits on them in KL++ and it&#39;s overloading your connection and causing downloads to slow down. After all, you probably don&#39;t have an &#39;unlimited&#39; upload bandwidth connection -- but that&#39;s the DEFAULT upload bandwidth setting in Kazaa/KL++&#33;

If you have very few uploads and often don&#39;t have any going at any particular moment, yet you are sharing LOTS of popular files then you may be firewalled/behind a router/on a LAN ip that is KILLING your connectivity and speed to the network. Unfirewall (if you can) your connection, port-forward the 1 ip port KL++ is using, AND run KaNAT.

Also, please don&#39;t share many 1,000&#39;s of files at once -- it will more than likely result in 100&#39;s of people trying to download from you at once, which can ALSO overload your connection even if you never SEE their requests. Your connection still has to respond "busy" or "remotely queued" to *ALL* of them, and at 10+ times per second it can choke even broadband connections if they only have 128kilobits/sec upload bandwidth max.

If you have NO uploads at all ever, have you disabled sharing? If so, downloads are possibly getting speed estimates for your connection based on your previous downloads and uploads speeds... except you don&#39;t have any uploads, so speeds plumment due to averaging in 0 speed. :P