PDA

View Full Version : megaupload slow upload speeds from seedbox please help

defoe18
06-20-2010, 12:49 PM
HI I have a probelm with megaupload.

sorry for my bad english in advnce

when i download a new release from tracker i try to post it on megaupload with my premium account but the problem is i get very slow upload speeds with MU. I have a server which can push 11MB/s up and down using utorrent. when i upload to rapidshare I get good speeds like 6000kb/s but always bad speeds with megaupload 600kb/s max. When i waited a few hours after i downloaded something and uploaded it it would upload very fast so i thought speeds were working but turns out its only because the file is already on the megaupload servers, so it leeches it from that already and creates a new link.

i have tried the megamanger in virtualtoolbox and the megatoolbar still slow speeds is there another program i should try? or is there another way like upload to another host then mirror links which is quick?

TONiC
06-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Basically, your seedbox hoster (presumably OVH) has bad routing to where ever MU servers are located (probably US). The data is having to take a very indirect, high latency and probably traffic heavy route - the result is low speeds. The only real solution is switching to a different seedbox hoster, like resellers of leaseweb, server.lu, netdirekt, though even then, all of these are based in Europe, and if MU's servers are in the US, then the problem will still likely occur but at varying levels.

However since you're making $$, then you could consider going with a professional hoster like RackEdge, or risking a lot of security (and pay for a lawyer :P) by using 100tb.com

KZEE
06-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Mu caps upload speed at 500k per file
so if you want faster upload speed, you have to split the file into parts