PDA

View Full Version : Combining Split Rar files into 1 Rar file HELP

gunpaul24
06-21-2010, 06:07 PM
hello guys can anyone help me? i wanna know how to combine split rar files into one rar file i mean the output is still in rar file for exmple 5 split rar file & i wanna combine them into 1 rar file NOT to extract them to become the original file.. <~ I hope you get what i mean... :yup:

i wanna know how to do it i search & watch tutorial but i didnt get what i want or is there a way to do it?:frusty:

anon
06-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Extract their contents and recompress them into a single archive? :unsure:

Expeto
06-23-2010, 05:35 AM
if you too lazy you can also do a rar file of the rar files :)

anon
06-23-2010, 04:27 PM
And spend twice as much time extracting the contents :lol:

Appzalien
06-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Normally if you have 5 exe files or even folders, and you highlight them all and right click on the highlighted group, you will have the option there to "Add to Archive". But if you highlight five rar files and right click on the group, there will be no option to "add to archive". To get around it (and you have probably download a few rars with rars inside) put the five rars in a folder and then right click the folder and you will have the option to "Add to Archive" back. The only other way is to extract to the original non-rar files, and then rar them into one big one instead of five fifths. Believe it or not the one big ones properties size will be very close to the same size as the combination of the five (if you highlight them all and right click their properties).

This is the reason when you download a bunch of 200mb rars, and then extract them, and out comes a folder with twice as many 100mb rars inside. The creator wanted to upload 200mb pieces but had 100mb rars on his PC. So instead of extracting to the original files and re-raring into 200mb pieces, he puts them in a folder and compressed the folder into 200mb pieces that you will end up having to double extract.

gunpaul24
06-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Oh.. you explain a lot.. thanks the reason why i wanna know it cause of the rar repair tool... it only repairs corrupted volumes in single rar but not in multiple so... i wanna combine the split rar files to become a single rar.. but i think its impossible.. thank you guys....

Eluvatar
07-01-2010, 03:28 AM
yea usualy repair will not do anything and you cant fix the files even if it was 1 file, you probably didnt get the whole thing or it got corrupted in download.

zot
07-02-2010, 09:05 AM
The main reason why split archives are used is because if a corruption results somewhere along the way, you only need to re-download one small rar file, not the entire movie/iso/etc.

Anyway, WinRar's built-in corruption repair is very limited. It's hardly ever worked for me when I've ended up with corrupt or incomplete files.

gunpaul24
07-05-2010, 04:37 PM
thanks i'll follow all your advice...

Appzalien
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Oh.. you explain a lot.. thanks the reason why i wanna know it cause of the rar repair tool... it only repairs corrupted volumes in single rar but not in multiple so... i wanna combine the split rar files to become a single rar.. but i think its impossible.. thank you guys....

Your right it will not work that way, but if you have five rars and only one is corrupt, you can use the repair tool on just that one file and then try to extract again after renaming the fixed file to the proper sequence name (the repair tool renames it so it can put it in the same folder as the original which you should save a copy of just incase). Most of the time this will only work if the original rars where created with a "recovery record". When you select "add to archive" you will see the check box on the right for Recovery Record and when making your own rars use it to help others fix their file downloads that are corrupt.

zomerozs
07-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Regarding ur problem, nothing repair the corrupted rars, just try to right click and choose extract files, then mark the option: keep broken files

it might work with u :)

Appzalien
08-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Thats a ggod point, The "Keep Broken Files" choice will only show up if you choose to extract to another folder "extract" if you choose "Extract Here" you will not see it. Depending on whats actually corrupted, you could end up with a good video. In otherwords if the bad rar looks to be the right size compaired to the others, theres a good chance you'll get the video with maybe a few frames pixelated. If inside the rar is stuff like nfo's or readme's and url's to some morons page, then they could be the corrupted files and your video could be perfect. This method is also cool to download just rar part1 and "extract" and check "keep broken files" and you will be able to watch the first piece of a movie without having to download the rest. This allows you to see if the video is good quality, in another language, or just not right, especially if you do not trust the uploader.

If a video cover is posted in Russian, and the poster does not list the video's language, why download all of them just to find out there's a russian guy talking over the entire movie. Also, some really sneaky uploaders will list a movie as having English language when it doesn't. they do this to trick you into getting them points from their hosting site. Then after you download 15 rars and extract and watch, you go WTF, but its too late you gave the idiot a bunch of points. If you download the first part and find its not in English you can go back and warn others and take points away from the trickster.