PDA

View Full Version : fsc

weenden
06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
comps been down for a while got an oldie up n got hd with little info just trying to get back to where i was it says im not in the system but was there before please if someone can help me thx

anon
06-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Try IRC:

irc.xevion.net
#FSC-Support

Or the other ways mentioned here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-irc-channels-and-tracker-staff-members-at-fst-232869

weenden
06-21-2010, 11:04 PM
thx mehn will try

Cabalo
06-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Weird, AFAIK FSC does not delete accounts for inactivity.

A
06-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Weird, AFAIK FSC does not delete accounts for inactivity. Weird, AFAIK FSC does not delete accounts for inactivity.
FSC has started disabling inactive accounts.

puckface
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Huh that's weird, after reading your post I went to sign in for the first time in about 8 months and my account is still there.
[/URL]
Searching updates...1/9
[URL="javascript:void(0)"]close (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29)

anon
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
FSC has started disabling inactive accounts.

If it's disabled, then he should manage to get it back if he has a good reason for having been inactive.

kallieb
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
FSC does disable accounts for inactivity and has so for some time now. Deleting is less common.

teonanacatl
06-22-2010, 10:35 PM
I was disabled for inactivity (probably) when fsc went down for a couple of months back in 2007 (I think..), and I didnt notice it got back up.
I guess they stopped doing that some time after :o

kallieb
06-23-2010, 03:17 AM
It's quite possible for long-disabled accounts to be reactivated, depending upon your account history before it was disabled, and your intention to use the site if it does get enabled. Going to the support irc channel is a good first step.

th0r
06-23-2010, 04:30 AM
i have nothing but respect for the people who run fsc, but honestly, as long as i've been a member there, the tracker has always loaded so incredibly slow and thus is so hard to navigate around things

b3owulf
06-23-2010, 05:16 PM
i have nothing but respect for the people who run fsc, but honestly, as long as i've been a member there, the tracker has always loaded so incredibly slow and thus is so hard to navigate around things
I guess it's all because the server is too far away from you, in Malaysia, that's why response time is so big. Here's report of my ping session:

Ping statistics for FSC:
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 82, Lost = 18 (18% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 218ms, Maximum = 228ms, Average = 219ms
Sad, but true. Packet loss is also terrific, as you can see, nearly every 5th packet is gone.

P.S. PeerPortal is even more slower, response time ~400ms, their server is in Malaysia too.

mrnobody
06-24-2010, 01:55 AM
wasn't ftn hosted in malaysia at some point? it has always loaded faster for me.

Slickerey
06-25-2010, 02:34 AM
FSC's servers are currently located somewhere in Asia...

b3owulf
06-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Yes, their servers are currently located somewhere in Asia.
Liar! :P FTN is in Canada right now.

anon
06-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Yes, their servers are currently located somewhere in Asia.

GeoBytes says they're hosted on the US. But then again it says the same about my real IP.

Mokhtar
06-25-2010, 04:29 PM
fsc login page very very slow. hope when i join it loads faster.

Slickerey
06-25-2010, 04:30 PM

I thought he was talking about FSC, which is why I made that post. :P

QPD
06-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Both FTN and FSC servers are located in North Korea...That's why they load so hard...

stoi
06-25-2010, 07:35 PM
http://whois.domaintools.com/

just check them there and see where they are, but North Korea is miles off (unless that was tongue in cheek).

Quarterquack
06-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Flagfox.

b3owulf
06-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Flagfox.
Good stuff, indeed. But while I do trust this addon I still recommend to re-check whois records on a site like stoi mentioned.

teamlam
06-28-2010, 06:02 PM
anyone know how i can get into fsc irc? for some reason..when i tired logging in..it said account not longer available...and i logged in just a week ago?

thanks

anon
06-28-2010, 06:09 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-irc-channels-and-tracker-staff-members-at-fst-232869

IRC details as well as alternate contact methods are listed there. :)

teamlam
06-28-2010, 06:11 PM
i went there...i can't seem to join irc...for some reason. can a staff member at FSC help me?

thanks

kallieb
06-28-2010, 07:32 PM
What kind of problem are you having logging on to the support channel? Have you used IRC before? IRC is not down for FSC so it should work.

I'm happy to help out, and would of preferred to save you the trouble of having to describe your irc log-in problems here on an open forum but I can see that you're on disabled Privs right now, so you can't PM. As a result, you can either describe your log-in difficulties here in this thread, or if you prefer to do so in private PM you'll have to wait till your PM features are enabled again.

A third alterntaive is to try to figure it out on your own. Joining IRC is not too hard. Try a bit of google search on how to add an irc server/channel to an IRC client. If you don't have an IRC client installed yet, and you're using windows as your o/s - Mirc works well. If you run Ubuntu, use Xchat.

Good luck,

cap87
06-29-2010, 09:46 AM
What kind of problem are you having logging on to the support channel? Have you used IRC before? IRC is not down for FSC so it should work.

I'm happy to help out, and would of preferred to save you the trouble of having to describe your irc log-in problems here on an open forum but I can see that you're on disabled Privs right now, so you can't PM. As a result, you can either describe your log-in difficulties here in this thread, or if you prefer to do so in private PM you'll have to wait till your PM features are enabled again.

A third alterntaive is to try to figure it out on your own. Joining IRC is not too hard. Try a bit of google search on how to add an irc server/channel to an IRC client. If you don't have an IRC client installed yet, and you're using windows as your o/s - Mirc works well. If you run Ubuntu, use Xchat.

Good luck,

Or even a web based client like mibbit: (easy as it can get)

http://chat.mibbit.com/

Fill the details like in the image (using your nick of course) and you're good to go:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-irc-channels-and-tracker-staff-members-at-fst-post3120983/postcount406

anon
06-29-2010, 05:52 PM

I don't know about FSC, but many trackers ban Mibbit because it conceals your real IP.

th0r
06-30-2010, 05:55 AM
ah, i guess that's why i'm k-lined on so many tracker irc channels i try joining via mibbit

;x

cap87
06-30-2010, 12:46 PM

I don't know about FSC, but many trackers ban Mibbit because it conceals your real IP.

Xevion network definitely allows mibbit, and so do the fsc support channel.

th0r
07-05-2010, 05:27 AM
damn, i tried accessing my fsc account today, but i guess it's been disabled for inactivity

oh well

mrnobody
07-05-2010, 11:25 AM
damn, i tried accessing my fsc account today, but i guess it's been disabled for inactivity

oh well

you finally got disabled for inactivity, eh? :naughty:

Disme
07-05-2010, 11:41 AM

oh well

you finally got disabled for inactivity, eh? :naughty:

Hurray :P

antrax34130
07-16-2010, 08:58 PM
At FSC invites are given out through an application process. So if you want to invite a friend post an application in the invite thread here. Read the first post and provide the requested information to be considered.

Also it's become increasingly apparent that members are making applications from requests on invite forums. We don't allow this ... EVER. Anyone caught doing this will be dealt with. Even making or supporting an application that isn't approved from an invite forum will effect your account. Fair warning, and anyone who comes forward with information about this happening will be rewarded. Use the staff PM button, PM a staff member directly or post in the invite thread using the hide tags [hide][/hide*] so only staff can read it if you wish.

oh okay delation is rewarded, it seems that fsc become a dictatorship ...

I thought FSC staff liked FST.

ca_aok
07-16-2010, 09:36 PM
That doesn't mean they want you submitting applications on a whim for trader tards. You can still write an application for someone as long as you actually know the person.

Cabalo
07-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Well, technically FST isn't an invite forum :P
But that rule makes sense, or at least will stop people opening request threads for FSC, as then they can't be supported by a user willing to invite that user.

That1Guy
07-18-2010, 01:47 AM
That doesn't mean they want you submitting applications on a whim for trader tards. You can still write an application for someone as long as you actually know the person.

This ^.

And i dont think that quote from fsc, FOR FSC MEMBERS, was actually made because of anything happening here. Although the rule still applies for here, I believe it was brought up for instances that happened at another site. People are way more careful inviting from here than some so called "trusted invite sites" or whatever so I dont think its much of a problem here.

IdolEyes787
07-18-2010, 02:07 AM
People are way more careful inviting from here than some so called "trusted invite sites" or whatever so I dont think its much of a problem here.
Being a bastion for ( obvious) scum does have it's advantages.