PDA

View Full Version : A (potential) way to make somebody to get banned in a private tracker-will this work?

esoeia
06-22-2010, 05:04 AM
i've got an idea about a way to make somebody to seems to be cheating.

1. you hate someone.
2. you get his/her IP
3. leech a large torrent(say, 100GB) which is being seeded by he/she.
4. download 100GB of data from he/she, and 100GB from the others. so you have downloaded 200GB of data.
5. report only 100GB of downloads to the tracker.
6. now it seems to that he/she cheated 100GB of uploads.

is it possible?
if so, how can a peer protect himself/herself from this?

(sorry for my bad english)

Zac090
06-22-2010, 06:19 AM
why?

esoeia
06-22-2010, 06:27 AM
why?

what did you mean?

karachidude
06-22-2010, 06:27 AM

1. you hate Alice.
2. you get Alice's IP
3. leech a large torrent(say, 100GB) which is being seeded by Alice.
4. download 100GB of data from Alice, and 100GB from the others. so you have downloaded 200GB of data.
6. now it seems to that Alice cheated 100GB of uploads.

is it possible?

whose alice,is she hot??

esoeia
06-22-2010, 06:34 AM
whose alice,is she hot??

i am not troll. im serious

graywolf
06-22-2010, 06:34 AM

1. you hate Alice.
2. you get Alice's IP
3. leech a large torrent(say, 100GB) which is being seeded by Alice.
4. download 100GB of data from Alice, and 100GB from the others. so you have downloaded 200GB of data.
6. now it seems to that Alice cheated 100GB of uploads.

is it possible?

whose alice,is she hot??

I think he's talking about bots.

whose alice,is she hot??

i am not troll. im serious

I think he means to ask why you want to know how to ban a member.

Because, like it or not, you do know that what you're discussing is not a right thing to do, even if it's for. educational purpose

esoeia
06-22-2010, 07:11 AM
I think he means to ask why you want to know how to ban a member.

Because, like it or not, you do know that what you're discussing is not a right thing to do, even if it's for. educational purpose

oh, i see.
yes, it is not a right thing to do.

but i don't want to ban a member. im not going to use it.
what i wanted to discuss is about possibility and ways to protecting or something about it.

whose alice,is she hot??

I think he's talking about bots.

i've just meant "someone" by Alice. i couldn't realize that it could be written as "someone". i will fix it.

Polarbear
06-22-2010, 07:15 AM
If you'd like to discuss cheating, join a cheater forum.

esoeia
06-22-2010, 07:23 AM

no, i dont like to discuss about how to *do* it, what i like to discuss is preventing and defencing it

Polarbear
06-22-2010, 07:24 AM

no, i dont like to discuss about how to *do* it, what i like to discuss is preventing and defencing it

It doesn't work anyway so forget about it.

jibblet
06-22-2010, 08:26 AM
I think you should re-write the title of your thread.. Anyone reading that title will immediately not like you becuase you are asking for a way to cheat.

How about; Somebody is trying to get me banned on a private tracker, please help me defend myself.

esoeia
06-22-2010, 08:32 AM
I think you should re-write the title of your thread.. Anyone reading that title will immediately not like you becuase you are asking for a way to cheat.

How about; Somebody is trying to get me banned on a private tracker, please help me defend myself.

im not being attacked, but thanks, i should edit the title.

edit: oh i cant rewrite the title

megabyteme
06-22-2010, 08:48 AM
This wreaks of dubious intentions. That's not what we do around here.

I am well-known here. Last week, I poster a (dumb) idea about leeching bandwidth from my neighbors. The vast majority, including my friends, stood against my ((lame, unethical) idea. TBH, you will be far better finding another forum to pursue this line of inquiry.

If you want to learn how to be a good member of the community, welcome.

esoeia
06-22-2010, 09:05 AM

I am well-known here. Last week, I poster a (dumb) idea about leeching bandwidth from my neighbors. The vast majority, including my friends, stood against my ((lame, unethical) idea. TBH, you will be far better finding another forum to pursue this line of inquiry.

thanks for a advice.
i should find another forum.

Quarterquack
06-22-2010, 10:02 AM
If you really want to set someone up, there's 1000 easier ways to do it. Also, no, this wouldn't work.

A
06-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Just use his username and signup in a tracker.Go to irc and scream that you are a trader.You will be banned almost instantly (especially if its BitmeTV) and in other trackers where the same username is as well.Its an exploit which works very well with dickhead staffs :)

7th
06-22-2010, 02:59 PM
I am well-known here.
Hey everybody, who's this guy?

megabyteme
06-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I am well-known here.

It's me, MBM... :sadwalk:

7th
06-22-2010, 03:13 PM

It's me, MBM... :sadwalk:
Ah, yep! The Mary band Max guy! :P

and you know I was just kidding :cool:

RedRansom
06-22-2010, 03:44 PM
well, why do you want to ban someone from tracker? he cheated on you or trade gone bad?

cRaZyzMaN
06-22-2010, 03:57 PM
just get a life

anon
06-22-2010, 04:50 PM
1. you hate someone.
2. you get his/her IP
3. leech a large torrent(say, 100GB) which is being seeded by he/she.
4. download 100GB of data from he/she, and 100GB from the others. so you have downloaded 200GB of data.

You can't just hammer someone and force him to upload 100GB of data to you... do you know how the BitTorrent protocol works? The part about lying regarding your downloaded amount is easy to manage, though.

cap87
06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
There are far easier ways to screw someone over... but i won't discuss them because i don't see any "educational purpose" doing so.

If you want to protect yourself, just be honest and don't mess with anyone. Oh, and having a good firewall & updated AV is always good.

Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

Champo101
06-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I recommend what AbyBeats said. Lol jk. But why would you think that would work?

Cabalo
06-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Just open a tracker, become sysop, say you hate traders and want to hunt them, join one of those places where they all hang out and are super cool, say you don't like the guy you want to screw over and make up some pretence accusation, and see the knob heads banning him!

Proven method.

Champo101
06-22-2010, 11:38 PM
YES Cabalo! Yes! Or just get so close to a deal with them when you are trading/buying an account/invite and then message them "Goodnight" And then never respond.
MWAHAHAHA

Pwner101
06-26-2010, 06:19 PM
You could just tell the staff the guy you want banned is one of the FST mods in disguise.

Cabalo
AlboTheCryingKid
Detale
Skiz
(Skizo sounded cooler dunno why you changed your name to be even more gay than before.)

I could think of some other names but mentioning those above names on quite a few sites might do the trick.
Put it this way... I know more sites that would ban them for being one of the above mentioned users than would ban them if you were to say they were even Anon ;)

anon
06-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Put it this way... I know more sites that would ban them for being one of the above mentioned users than would ban them if you were to say they were even Anon ;)

And I thought that was a sure-fire method. :lol:

nthpeter
06-27-2010, 07:42 AM

Im currently leeching bandwidth, so what? (for doing illegal things, of course).

Supervisor
06-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Just use his username and signup in a tracker.Go to irc and scream that you are a trader.You will be banned almost instantly (especially if its BitmeTV) and in other trackers where the same username is as well.Its an exploit which works very well with dickhead staffs :)

Except it doesn't. Troll.

Cabalo
06-27-2010, 11:25 PM
You could just tell the staff the guy you want banned is one of the FST mods in disguise.

Cabalo
AlboTheCryingKid
Detale
Skiz
(Skizo sounded cooler dunno why you changed your name to be even more gay than before.)

I could think of some other names but mentioning those above names on quite a few sites might do the trick.
:lol:
Pity you tried, and they didn't. :dabs:

Pwner101
06-28-2010, 05:36 PM
I never tried doing anything.
You should go back to crying and ass trolling like you normally do and leave the comments to people with a clue of whats going on in the real world noob.

(Your confusing me with someone at CN I guess. In case you didn't know the difference... I am not now nor have I ever been staff at CN. Either case your still a virgin no doubt unless bumracking Skizo and Albo counts.)
P.S. Your title could/should be changed to "The Gay Cop", "The RumpRanging Cop", or "The Crying Pansy Cop".