PDA

View Full Version : A little GiveAway... nothing more

graywolf
06-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Oh.. Well its time, I gave something back to FST. After getting so much things from here, it's time I do something as well. :fst:

I'm going away in few days for studies and all, so this will be the last thing I do, before I come back again.

This thread is currently open.

Now, currently my thread consists invites of :

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9752/iptpoweruserhi0.png
http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/user-bars/websites/bitgamer-power-user.png
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4445/blankqycopy.png

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7938/22283.gif

http://i46.tinypic.com/jl3393.png

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7227/uservb6.png

If some tracker has problem with me giving their invites here, then please notify me and I'll remove them.

Requirements :

Post a good enough request on why you want it.

A little activity here. Sorry, but I won't give invite to those who come here for invites only. (The activity doesn't add up according to the number of your posts.)

1 Speedtest (On how to take a speedtest, please see the tutorial here (http://computerhelpforums.net/index.php?app=tuts&module=tuts&section=tuts&t_id=27).)

2 Edited Screenshots (On how to take a screenshot, please check the tutorial here (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/tips/screenshot.mspx)) of Ratio Proofs* of your most used trackers with join time and the date when you took the screenshot in them (preferably in same screen, but if not, then in separate screens.)

Example : =>

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/7076/iptred.jpg

The fields marked in red are the required ones.

Have a little patience.

Things that guarantee your exit out of my consideration on giving you an invite :

If you are a trader/cheater/invite seller.
If you PM me without my permission asking for an invite.
A poorly written request.
If you fail to read the rules.
Asking for the same invite in other thread(s). Request me only when you have been refused in the other one.
If you fail to inform me that you've already got your request fulfilled/if you're making a dupe account there.
If you've been a member to the requested tracker before.

You'll only get one chance, so use it well. I'd rather keep the invites to myself than inviting a bad member.

Now if someone thinks that these rules are too much for such low level invites, then sorry, but I fail to see your point. For me, these are as high level trackers as FTN/FSC/HDBITS. They provided me with everything I ever wanted and I'm happy getting it from them. You don't need good trackers, trackers need good members. That's how I reason and how I will give my invite. You got a problem, then sorry.. it's not mine.

Don't doubt that I will be checking on you in and outside FST, so beware. I'll be asking moderators and other members here, before giving an invite.

And one thing I forget to say that things which absolutely don't matter much to me are :

A huge buffer on your trackers.
A fast seedbox.

See, I come from a poor connection myself. So, I really don't care what you have. Speedtests and ratio proofs are really secondary to me. I'd be equal on giving an invite to a person who has uploaded 30 GB and downloaded 25 GB and one who has uploaded 1 TB and downloaded 100 GB. I might even be more willing to trust the former.

You may get your request fulfilled by someone else. It is natural here at FST. Please do inform here, though.

This will be the only thread I will make, regardless the future. So, if I come across something I want to give, then I will edit it here and bump the thread.

And finally : just relax :). If you're a good person and member, you won't have any problem getting an invite from me.

* - If you have less than 2 trackers, then check this section (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bittorrent-sites-open-for-signup-298326) out. It has many good collection of BitTorrent trackers open for you, time to time.

Cheers! :happy:

- GrayWolf

dandraesley
06-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Well, good luck for getting new invitee mate. :D
Just remember don't give invite to random people. :)

PS.Nicely written job desc. :lol:

superjojo
06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Good luck with your applicants.

graywolf
06-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Well, good luck for getting new invitee mate. :D
Just remember don't give invite to random people. :)

PS.Nicely written job desc. :lol:

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind. :)

If I request a well written request, I must also give a good description, shouldn't I? ;)

Good luck with your applicants.

Thanks. :)

megabyteme
06-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Very nice job, graywolf! Outstanding job of showing others the way it should be done. You are not asking for too much, you are showing that you care who becomes a member on sites you enjoy.

I hope people will take the time to read your full offer- this is how many of us conduct ourselves in this community. You have done your research and have made it easy for others to know what good members look for.

Truly sorry to see you take time off, but I know you will be back as an even stronger member here. :happy:

7th
06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Indeed, a great GA in all means Graywolf.

I would just add to your "Things that guarantee your exit..." list this: if you've been a member to the tracker before...

But I'm not sure if will make any difference in the end =/

Good luck with your GA dude ;)

anon
06-22-2010, 05:15 PM
I would just add to your "Things that guarantee your exit..." list this: if you've been a member to the tracker before...

It's a rather good idea, considering some trackers will punish the inviter for bringing a duper into the site.

graywolf
06-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Very nice job, graywolf! Outstanding job of showing others the way it should be done. You are not asking for too much, you are showing that you care who becomes a member on sites you enjoy.

I hope people will take the time to read your full offer- this is how many of us conduct ourselves in this community. You have done your research and have made it easy for others to know what good members look for.

Truly sorry to see you take time off, but I know you will be back as an even stronger member here. :happy:

Thanks for the thumbs up, MBM. :) Hope I can get some good people to invite.

Indeed, a great GA in all means Graywolf.

But I'm not sure if will make any difference in the end =/

Good luck with your GA dude ;)

Thanks for the compliment and the tip, 7th. I added it to the list. :)

bigdaddydude
06-22-2010, 05:59 PM

It's a rather good idea, considering some trackers will punish the inviter for bringing a duper into the site.

It's a shame to see people trying to make dupe accounts when others that have never been there are trying to get in.

IdolEyes787
06-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Currently this thread will be open for two weeks from now. After that I'll be gone.

I for one will miss you .:yup:
Btw when you leave can you give me your login details so then I can use your account to insult people with impunity.
Plz.:fst:

Thanks in advance.:happy:

PS when you do head off to school remember that while education is very important it's not everything .These years are the best of your life so try to make use of them.

dandraesley
06-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Idol, aren't you insulting people all days lately so why need someone else account? :unsure: jk.

On-topic: graywolf, why don't you written down the number of invites available so it'll be more attractive :lol:? Hopefully there'll be many applicants come to here (do I need to promote your thread)

Chief_Garbonzo
06-23-2010, 05:21 AM
/me tips his hat at graywolf.

dammn bro! That is amazing how you presented it. I truly respect and was constantly agreeing with what you were saying as I read it!! :D Ain't no bad boys gonna be getting through to you!!

graywolf
06-23-2010, 09:36 AM
I for one will miss you .:yup:

The feeling's mutual. :)

Btw when you leave can you give me your login details so then I can use your account to insult people with impunity.
Plz.:fst:

Thanks in advance.:happy:

Heh.. I think you're doing well with your account itself to need mine to do it. ;)

PS when you do head off to school remember that while education is very important it's not everything .These years are the best of your life so try to make use of them.

I'd surely try to follow it. :)

On-topic: graywolf, why don't you written down the number of invites available so it'll be more attractive :lol:? Hopefully there'll be many applicants come to here (do I need to promote your thread)

Well.. I don't know.. I sort of don't want to quantify things. I want them to come up and request. Sure, I can't do an ungiveaway like Idol because I don't have invites to that many sites, but still even after putting the names, I don't want to go for the numbers.

I may not be able to explain my mindset, but numbers also discourage sometimes people, who are appearing for invite, and they may not post their requests after I have put up a "0/x" next to the tracker. Because in the end, even if it's not me who gives them the invite, someone other may get impressed and may give it themselves.

And many trackers offer 2-3 invites per month to power users, so if I do get deserving ones, I may give them too.

/me tips his hat at graywolf.

dammn bro! That is amazing how you presented it. I truly respect and was constantly agreeing with what you were saying as I read it!! :D Ain't no bad boys gonna be getting through to you!!

Thanks a lot Chief! I'm honored. :) It means a lot coming from you. :happy:

graywolf
06-24-2010, 06:11 PM
I suppose it's ok to do a 24 hour bump.. :)

graywolf
06-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Sorry people, due to an unavoidable event, I've to be off from FST sooner than planned. :(

Anyways, bye FST! C ya later! :fst:

anon
06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Good luck with your future endeavours. :)

graywolf
09-22-2010, 10:48 PM
A 3 month bump.. ;)

anon
09-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Welcome back, mate! :wave:

IdolEyes787
09-22-2010, 10:58 PM
So you quit school and are living on the street ,selling your body to make ends meet I take it.

Cool.

graywolf
09-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Welcome back, mate! :wave:

Thanks.. I'm glad you didn't forget me.. ;)

But FST is pretty much changed in design.. :O

I did have a little problem recognizing things here.. :ermm:

So, what's up anon? Anything new? Still on your posting spree, I suppose? :P

So you quit school and are living on the street ,selling your body to make ends meet I take it.

Cool.

Looks like it.. ;)

Good to see you're still well as ever.. :P

anon
09-22-2010, 11:07 PM
But FST is pretty much changed in design.. :O

I did have a little problem recognizing things here.. :ermm:

vBulletin 4. Initially it took me a while to get used to it, also.

So, what's up anon? Anything new? Still on your posting spree, I suppose? :P

I'm still posting, if that's what you're wondering. :ermm:

As for what's up... it's probably faster if you check the most replied to threads in the BT section ever since you left. :lol:

graywolf
09-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Heard that HdBits guy/gal got disabled from many trackers.. Is he/she still here?

anon
09-22-2010, 11:17 PM
HDBits is called X-Files now, and as far as I know, he hasn't been disabled from trackers... although since I don't pay much attention to that stuff, maybe he was and I forgot. :P

We've talked a bit recently. He told me that after being busy with work/real life plus having a very low monthly ISP traffic cap, he had little time and will to remain active here. :(

IdolEyes787
09-22-2010, 11:19 PM

Cool.

Looks like it.. ;)

I'm only here until the minute one of those group thingies gets off their lazy butts and cracks Civilization 5 so I can steal it.Then I'm going to create an empire based on the Arts and big guns ( sort of a cross between Renaissance Italy and modern US of A) and I'm moving there.

graywolf
09-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Oh well.. I wonder what help, it did to him.. changing the name..

Oh well.. he was banned from BitGamer.. That I'm sure of..

I once took BG credit from him, since I was running low on upload..

Guess what.. it's been taken away..

saying "The user cheated to get this credit".. :|

Looks like it.. ;)

I'm only here until the minute one of those group thingies gets off their lazy butts and cracks Civilization 5 so I can steal it.Then I'm going to create an empire based on the Arts and big guns ( sort of a cross between Renaissance Italy and modern US of A) and I'm moving there.

At my side here.. everyone is just getting to crack their PS3s..

Life is pretty boring otherwise.. I can't wait to get out of school..

megabyteme
09-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Good to see you back, graywolf! :happy:

graywolf
09-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Hi MBM.. nice to meet again.. What's up? :)

Disme
09-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Wow ... I must have missed this GA when you initially did it since it's a masterpiece and I didn't commented on it to tell you how I felt about it.

It's sad to see how much response you got from applicants.
Guess most of the invite-hunters don't bother reading the long and well written GA's.

They prolly prefer the I have 10 'insert tracker here'-invites ... first come, first serve ...

Anywhoo ... welcome back!