PDA

View Full Version : Hacking

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 02:54 PM
I was just wondering what everyones status is in that particular area of the internet

abu_has_the_power
11-01-2003, 02:59 PM
hackers suck as flt and deviance are very useful. but hackers that go into ur comp and fuck with ur shit is evil cowards. they battle sitting behind their comp.

Shiranai_Baka
11-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Well it depends, Do you mean hackers that help out society or hackers that just destroy everything because they're only reason is they feel like it? In my opinion, I respect hackers but not the "bad" hackers.

Wizzandabe
11-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Hackers are lamers with no life. :lol:

exeus
11-01-2003, 03:10 PM
i think some ppl in here need to go and learn what the term hacker means... if there were no hackers there would be no internet for you even to be looking at this!

EDIT: missing a word...lol

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 03:11 PM
hmmm.. so their not that populer then, because the apparent defination is to acess infomation that they cant get too.

exeus
11-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Neo 721@2 November 2003 - 02:11
hmmm.. so their not that populer then, because the apparent defination is to acess infomation that they cant get too.
that is not correct that is what the general public beleive that acually have no idea about the term hacker...

Will_518
11-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Depends on what they do i suppose. But whatever they do, on and off line. I believe some of the best rippers are also quite good at hacking.

Will_518
11-01-2003, 03:23 PM
You say without hackers there would be no internet, do explain. Also, what is your definition for hackers?

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 03:23 PM
they deffinatly do not. most noobs seem to think it evvolves around botz and crack's and trojens, programs like sub seven ect they clearly have no idea. The people behind it are most likley to have been ex programmers or script writers ect.

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 03:24 PM
they deffinatly do not. most noobs seem to think it evvolves around botz and crack's and trojens, programs like sub seven ect they clearly have no idea. The people behind it are most likley to have been ex programmers or script writers ect.

james_bond_rulez
11-01-2003, 03:28 PM
6. Posts that contain direct download links to copyrighted software, private ftp sites, serial numbers, warez sites, and hacking sites are prohibited. Posts directly or indirectly related to any of this information will be edited. Hacking discussions are strictly prohibited within the forum. Sig2dat quicklinks and hashes are NOT considered to be DDL, therefore allowed.

:lol:

exeus
11-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Will_518@2 November 2003 - 02:23
You say without hackers there would be no internet, do explain. Also, what is your definition for hackers?
this wont come out right as for the first time in ages i have had a drink ...but a hacker will norm be into sci fi and at one stage in life played a musical instrument (not at school) they can make conputers/programs do things that were not meant to do / made to do they create they think outside the square they can repair things useing only the things they have around them....

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 03:30 PM
I was'nt realy promting a disscuision only "opinion" seeking.

exeus
11-01-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Neo 721@2 November 2003 - 02:30
I was'nt realy promting a disscuision only "opinion" seeking.
to get an opinion you first have to make sure you have defined what to give an oppinion on

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 03:33 PM
that is a pretty sound critiria

Will_518
11-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by exeus+1 November 2003 - 15:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (exeus @ 1 November 2003 - 15:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Will_518@2 November 2003 - 02:23
this wont come out right as for the first time in ages i have had a drink ...but a hacker will norm be into sci fi and at one stage in life played a musical instrument (not at school) they can make conputers/programs do things that were not meant to do / made to do they create they think outside the square they can repair things useing only the things they have around them.... [/b][/quote]
That didn&#39;t come out as a water tight explaination, what if the guy fits into all the rest, but he doesn&#39;t play a musical instrument? what if he&#39;s not into sci-fi, but into history instead?
But, really, not too bad.

So, they are the guys who make progs and comps do things they are not meant to? Then, what&#39;s the difference between a nonprofessional programmer and a hacker?

exeus
11-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Will_518+2 November 2003 - 02:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Will_518 @ 2 November 2003 - 02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by exeus@1 November 2003 - 15:30
<!--QuoteBegin-Will_518@2 November 2003 - 02:23
this wont come out right as for the first time in ages i have had a drink ...but a hacker will norm be into sci fi and at one stage in life played a musical instrument (not at school) they can make conputers/programs do things that were not meant to do / made to do they create they think outside the square they can repair things useing only the things they have around them....
That didn&#39;t come out as a water tight explaination, what if the guy fits into all the rest, but he doesn&#39;t play a musical instrument? what if he&#39;s not into sci-fi, but into history instead?
But, really, not too bad.

So, they are the guys who make progs and comps do things they are not meant to? Then, what&#39;s the difference between a nonprofessional programmer and a hacker? [/b][/quote]
you dont have to play but more then have played an instrument
in no way has to be a proffesional programmer
basically in a nut shell (someone that is createive) and more then likely gives some thort to life

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 03:47 PM
About the musical instrument thing I know where your coming from. It does realy bank down to being creative. But also some were made to do it plus they rarely talk to others openly about it and are usually in small orginizations or clubs, they dont brag, they can or usually make their own materials, the word trojen is rarely used and they have a well built knolege on how the world works.

nikita69
11-01-2003, 03:59 PM
@Neo 721 - what&#39;s ur take on the topic and what&#39;s ur definition of "hacker".
@exeus - I agree with u, the term has been intentionally taken out context and it&#39;s true meaning.

for all who are interested, visit this link for more info http:&#092;&#092;216.55.176.193&#092;html &#092;information.html

Will_518
11-01-2003, 04:04 PM
But, what does playing music instrument have to do with creativity?&#33;
Here is what a professional (he&#39;s level 6 on violin) thinks about the issue:

" WillX518: yes. Do you think playing a music instrument increases creativity?
sijiadu: no
sijiadu: i play an instrument but i hate composing"

exeus
11-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Neo 721@2 November 2003 - 02:47
plus they rarely talk to others openly about it and are usually in small orginizations or clubs, they dont brag, they can or usually make their own materials, the word trojen is rarely used and they have a well built knolege on how the world works.
true
not so true quite often they stick to themselfs
true
true
????
very true
IMO

nikita69
11-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Will_518@1 November 2003 - 22:04
Here is what a professional (he&#39;s level 6 on violin) thinks about the issue:

" WillX518: yes. Do you think playing a music instrument increases creativity?
sijiadu: no
sijiadu: i play an instrument but i hate composing"
now flip the coin:

have u heard of the term "String Theory"?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/

Will_518
11-01-2003, 04:15 PM
You guys make hackers sound like a bunch of righteous individuals in a secret organisation.

If that is the truth, then why don&#39;t they talk openly about it? why don&#39;t they let the public enjoy their products?
Maybe, it&#39;s because they are on the wrong side of the law.

exeus
11-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Will_518@2 November 2003 - 03:15
You guys make hackers sound like a bunch of righteous individuals in a secret organisation.

If that is the truth, then why don&#39;t they talk openly about it? why don&#39;t they let the public enjoy their products?
why dont they talk about it openly.... that one you have to learn for yourself
you are enjoying it the Intrnet for example...

Will_518
11-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by nikita69+1 November 2003 - 16:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nikita69 @ 1 November 2003 - 16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Will_518@1 November 2003 - 22:04

" WillX518:&nbsp; yes. Do you think playing a music instrument increases creativity?
sijiadu:&nbsp; no
sijiadu:&nbsp; i play an instrument but i hate composing"
now flip the coin:

have u heard of the term "String Theory"?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/ [/b][/quote]
I fail to see what the string theory have to do with all this. care to explain?

nikita69
11-01-2003, 04:30 PM
@Will_518 - many of the ppl involved in that project have extinsive knowledge and experience with music instruments. By choice of enjoyment and later they started to wonder who these instrument can be translated to what is now known as "String Theory". This is relating the creativity and not hacking.

Will_518
11-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by exeus+1 November 2003 - 16:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (exeus @ 1 November 2003 - 16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Will_518@2 November 2003 - 03:15

you are enjoying it the Intrnet for example... [/b][/quote]
So, the internet is created by hackers? Ok, i seen a tv programme about this before, about bluebox and stuff.

But are they really as good and misunderstood as you make them? I wonder whether you would feel the same if you got hacked.
Imagine what Valve thinks.

After all there is a difference between non-professional programmers and hackers, the law divides them.

exeus
11-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Will_518+2 November 2003 - 03:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Will_518 @ 2 November 2003 - 03:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by exeus@1 November 2003 - 16:20
<!--QuoteBegin-Will_518@2 November 2003 - 03:15

you are enjoying it the Intrnet for example...
So, the internet is created by hackers? Ok, i seen a tv programme about this before, about bluebox and stuff.

But are they really as good and misunderstood as you make them? I wonder whether you would feel the same if you got hacked.
Imagine what Valve thinks.

After all there is a difference between non-professional programmers and hackers, the law divides them. [/b][/quote]
for one i have been hacked
and 2 you still seem to have the wrong idea completely about hackers.....

Will_518
11-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by nikita69@1 November 2003 - 16:30
@Will_518 - many of the ppl involved in that project have extinsive knowledge and experience with music instruments. By choice of enjoyment and later they started to wonder who these instrument can be translated to what is now known as "String Theory". This is relating the creativity and not hacking.
That&#39;s just a particular case, have they done a science study into music and creativity?

And howcome i get the feeling i&#39;m the only guy in here who doesn&#39;t play a music instrument?&#33;

exeus
11-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Will_518@2 November 2003 - 03:50
And howcome i get the feeling i&#39;m the only guy in here who doesn&#39;t play a music instrument?&#33;
i dont .......

Will_518
11-01-2003, 04:56 PM
I still have the wrong idea about hackers? OK, maybe i do, maybe i don&#39;t.

But then what is the right idea about hackers? if they are the guys who create original programmes, then why are they not just called programmes? Ok, they create programmes or modify current ones so they do stuff they not supposed to do, but they are still just programmers improving programmes. Like mods for games, we don&#39;t call they guys who creates CS hackers, do we.

What is the difference between a normal programmer and a hacker? The hacker is more original?

exeus
11-01-2003, 05:00 PM
there is more to being a hacker then programming IMO, i have a child that is 7 who programms i dont class them a hacker ...well not yet anyhow....

Will_518
11-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by exeus@1 November 2003 - 17:00
there is more to being a hacker then programming IMO, i have a child that is 7 who programms i dont class them a hacker ...well not yet anyhow....
So, hacking is a lifestyle? Like when we think about game-programmers we think of pizza and long hours. When we think of hackers we think of what you and Neo 721 said?

exeus
11-01-2003, 05:19 PM
it is hard to stereo type any group
but yes it is a lifstyle which IMO is being creative which could mean fixing the return spring on a carbie with a hair tie..to me it mainly means that you put thort into things come up with your own ideas dont nessercerily except everthing the you see or hear, that you are not one of the sheep, i am sorry but it is hard to put it into words but i think one main point is being Creative...

Will_518
11-01-2003, 05:27 PM
OK, so are all creative and resource people hackers? My gran&#39;s like that, she can fix stuff with whatever&#39;s at hand, and she&#39;s got a quite realistic view of the world, and she puts thought into things like cooking for example, and she plays a musical instrument. But, she doesn&#39;t know anything about computers.

Would you say she would be a hacker if she programmed well? (most of it is true, i&#39;m not pulling your leg)

exeus
11-01-2003, 05:29 PM
i would say that by the sounds of it she is a hacker....

Johnny_B
11-01-2003, 06:11 PM
So, is MacGyver like a Super-Hacker? :blink:

:D You can&#39;t get more resourceful than that&#33; :D

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 06:34 PM
about the creativity thing he means with PC orientated area&#39;s ect.

LTJBukem
11-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Here is the definition according to the Chambers English Dictionary (http://www.chambersharrap.co.uk/chambers/chref/chref.py/main?query=hacker&title=21st).

hacker noun 1 someone or something that hacks. 2 colloq someone skilled in using computers, particularly in programming them.
ETYMOLOGY: 17c; 1970s in sense 2.

hack verb (hacked, hacking) 1 (often hack something down, away, etc) to cut or chop it roughly. 2 (often hack something out) to cut (a path, etc) eg through undergrowth. 3 intrans, colloq (often hack into something) to use a computer with skill, especially to obtain unauthorized access to (someone else&#39;s computer files). with negatives and in questions, slang to be able to bear or suffer someone or something • He can&#39;t hack it. 5 intrans to cough in short dry spasms. 6 football, rugby to kick an opponent on the shins. 7 to cut (a story, article, etc) in a damaging way. noun 1 a kick on the shins. 2 a wound or rough cut, especially from a kick. 3 a mattock or miner&#39;s pick2. 4 a short dry cough. 5 a chop or blow.
ETYMOLOGY: Anglo-Saxon tohaccian; 1970s in verb sense 3.

All this crap about the definition - creativity, and playing the violin? Crikey&#33; You are drunk. :P

abu_has_the_power
11-01-2003, 06:54 PM
low life hackers that try to access ur pc is bad. but hackers like deviance and flt and those guys are awesome. withouth them, where would be get games like halo and max payne 2?

nikita69
11-01-2003, 07:01 PM
this is what one hacker believes (the original meaning, intention, definition of hacking/hacker) and i agree with her (yes she :P )

Hacking is the act of penetrating computer systems to gain knowledge about the system and how it works.

Hacking is illegal because we demand free access to ALL data, and we get it. This pisses people off and we are outcasted from society, and in order to stay out of prison, we must keep our status of being a hacker/phreaker a secret.&nbsp; We can&#39;t discuss our findings with anyone but other members of the hacking/phreaking community for fear of being punished.&nbsp; We are punished for wanting to learn. Why is the government spending huge amounts of time and money to arrest hackers when there are other much more dangerous people out there. It is the murderers, rapists, terrorists, kidnappers, and burglers who should be punished for what they have done, not hackers.&nbsp; We do NOT pose a threat to anyone. We are NOT out to hurt people or there computers. I admit that there are some people out there who call themselves hackers and who deliberately damage computers. But these people are criminals, NOT hackers. I don&#39;t care what the government says, we are NOT criminals. We are NOT trying to alter or damage any system. This is widely misunderstood. Maybe one day people will believe us when we say that all we want is to learn.

There are only two ways to get rid of hackers and phreakers. One is to get rid of computers and telephones, in which case we would find other means of getting what we want.(Like that is really going to happen.) The other way is to give us what we want, which is free access to ALL information. Until one of those two things happen, we are not going anywhere.

DWk
11-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by exeus@1 November 2003 - 15:10
i think some ppl in here need to go and learn what the term hacker means... if there were no hackers there would be no internet for you even to be looking at this&#33;

EDIT: missing a word...lol
exactly.... every1 go read up will ya

DWk

fr600
11-01-2003, 07:49 PM
I use to hack my own computer. So is that illegal??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 08:03 PM
I suppose anyone could look at it from a hackers point of view, but the governt ment or police ect dont see it that way because most of the info that they seek is often classified infomation, maybee they want to find out how the launch system on Nucular missle works doesnt make it right though.

4play
11-01-2003, 08:04 PM
hacker- someone who takes an interest in a specific subject. a hacker will tear things apart be it software/hardware or security and then try to understand how it works to improve it.

cracker - somebody that breaks into your system to steal sensetive information, for fun or for personal gain.

hacker = good
cracker &#33;= good

of course there are many types of hackers as well like white,grey and black hat&#39;s :huh:

Neo 721
11-01-2003, 08:11 PM
actually the term cracker can also mean somone that wishes to damge systems also.

paul_smith
11-01-2003, 08:22 PM
hackers which do gud things am ok
but hackers who do bad things.... :swear:

Neo 721
11-02-2003, 12:15 PM
In my books proper hacking is people who hack into large government databases and banks ect. The concept of people hacking into each others PC is a rather new concept.

nikita69
11-03-2003, 07:19 AM
@ALL - to add to what has been discussed already, if u remember at the beginning of the this year, M&#036; was and still is pursuing the teachings of hacking to college students. Some have said then that it was a political stunt by M&#036; against IBM (seperate issue), yet I have some contacts who are at prominant universities that have been taught how to hack, funded by M&#036;. One of them created his own company and has M&#036; as his primary customer.

some links
http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopic...1,79579,00.html (http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,79579,00.html)
http://www.icefortress.com/guests/modules....ca6cdb71439273e (http://www.icefortress.com/guests/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=135&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0&POSTNUKESID=aef923ce0125bb1c3ca6cdb71439273e)
http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/03/21/...eachhack_1.html (http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/03/21/HNmsteachhack_1.html)

skyhgh99999
11-03-2003, 11:15 AM
ya i agree wit neo true hackers are people who are hacking into governments,

people that are hacking into other peoples computer are just people that found

some programs here and there. i mean if you were really a hacker y in the hell

would you be hacking into other peoples computers, finding nothing but smalltime

crap, if you were a true hacker u would go big (at least I would)

nikita69
11-12-2003, 10:10 PM
for all who are interested, tho i don&#39;t know if they have a second agenda. reading from their site, and doing a bit of PI, they&#39;re registered as an Educational Institution with the US Dept of Edu and teach Network Security (Hacking - in the sense me and exeus have been saying)

TIP: DON&#39;T ACCEPT THEIR COOKIES AND ACTIVE/X SPCRIPTS (just to be on the safe side and use HTTPS proxy)

http://www.hackerdegree.com/

h121589
11-12-2003, 11:04 PM
how do hackers get in 2 others computers?

Gre1
11-12-2003, 11:07 PM
Finding your IP which isn&#39;t that hard and connecting through a open port basically.

Neo 721
11-13-2003, 05:37 PM
This being the reason why we have firewalls or proxys.

DL.
11-13-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by skyhgh99999@3 November 2003 - 11:15
ya i agree wit neo true hackers are people who are hacking into governments,

people that are hacking into other peoples computer are just people that found

some programs here and there. i mean if you were really a hacker y in the hell

would you be hacking into other peoples computers, finding nothing but smalltime

crap, if you were a true hacker u would go big (at least I would)
Individual identity theft is much more lucrative than messing with government databases. Governments watch their connections. The idiot who just bought a hewlet packard generally doesn&#39;t and won&#39;t ever know their identity has been hijacked.
Track me down 6 months to a year after I&#39;ve been in and out of your computer? I don&#39;t think so ;)