PDA

View Full Version : Warning

paul_smith
11-01-2003, 06:04 PM
i just bought a cartridge for my old printer from pc world
the women argued with me for about 30 minutes saying it would work, and IT WILL NOT WORK...AND HAS NOW JAMMED MY PRINTER UP

DAM PC WORLD, WAIT TILL TOMORROW :swear:

RGX
11-01-2003, 06:06 PM
yeah, they tend to be a bunch of twats that rip you off, Ive known many people sold over priced crap pcs from them, had hardware checks run at great expense to find out it was a software problem.

Bastards :angry:

Octopussy
11-01-2003, 06:08 PM
arent they the ppl with the magazine? i dont think they woud lie..

paul_smith
11-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Octopussy@1 November 2003 - 18:08
arent they the ppl with the magazine? i dont think they woud lie..
naa pc world is a commerical computer shop in the uk

fu*** prats

mrcall1969
11-01-2003, 06:11 PM
I can't understand anyone shopping in PC World, they're over-priced and trained monkeys could give you better advice. A workmate of mine spent a fortune on CD-RW's because an assistant told him that if you only recorded one song on a CD-R then you couldn't record any more!

Mr. Mulder
11-01-2003, 06:14 PM
PC World truly are the purest form of evil. The last time I went in, I wanted an external DVD drive. At PC World they often have these sales on products that don't come in their original packaging. So I asked the guy behind the counter (who couldn't have been much older than 7) weather or not it was external, he of course said yes, theirs no need to take it out of the box. You can guess the rest...

I think everyone's got at least one PCW story ;)

Edit: spelling <_<

RGX
11-01-2003, 06:24 PM
My dad took in his aging tiny (brand) pc, because it wasnt performing very well, I reckoned it was a virus but I wasnt around long enough to set him up with the right software. He took it in, said what i had said, they ran their checks, no virus. Dad wasnt convinced, asked for another check, their checks said, nov virus, and vlamed the slow performance on aging parts....I went back to dads a while back, installed AVG, ran a check and found 2 worms and a trojan :angry:

My dad paid for the privelidge of their crappy check

I have also had PC world staff trying to convince me that a dvd writer is the next big thing and I should get one because you can write dvd movies to play on standard dvd players, I asked him if the 2000 quid software needed to make standard dvd player dvd movies was included and he smiled uneasily, made his excuses and left

as i said, Bastards :angry:

paul_smith
11-01-2003, 06:37 PM
yeh, i cant wait till tomorrow morning, they just upset the wrong guy :angry:

mrcall1969
11-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by paul_smith@1 November 2003 - 19:37
Take a hammer to your printer and claim a new one ;)

paul_smith
11-01-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by mrcall1969+1 November 2003 - 18:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 @ 1 November 2003 - 18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-paul_smith@1 November 2003 - 19:37
Take a hammer to your printer and claim a new one ;) [/b][/quote]
hehe dont you worry. im going in, demanding a new printer.

blackhatknight
11-01-2003, 07:18 PM
If you are going to demand a new printer DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING ELSE, this includes passing it over to an engineer to look at, they are con artists, did you know pc world curry&#39;s and dixions are all the same company why the hell trading standandards hasn&#39;t done something about these cowboys is beyond me i&#39;d trust a second hand car sales man in a clown suit before i trusted them

notably you have no legal regress to demand an new printer but you are entitled to damages that could include a new printer

best of luck, punch them on the nose for me too

Spider_dude
11-01-2003, 07:23 PM
the company tiny, went out of business because the monkeys they employed told people to put their motherboard in the microwave for 30seconds which obviously fried some components and made it look like there had been a power surge, the point of which was when their 3 year warrenty was running out they got a brand new computer. they went into recievership because of this, as they were losing muchas money on this trick.

paul_smith
11-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@1 November 2003 - 19:23
the company tiny, went out of business because the monkeys they employed told people to put their motherboard in the microwave for 30seconds which obviously fried some components and made it look like there had been a power surge, the point of which was when their 3 year warrenty was running out they got a brand new computer. they went into recievership because of this, as they were losing muchas money on this trick.
thats just weird ;)

mrcall1969
11-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@1 November 2003 - 20:23
I thought Tiny and Time merged to become The Computer Store...or something like that :unsure:

MetroStars
11-01-2003, 08:02 PM
PC world r bastards...

they must just hire any 1 they can find of the street...

I manged 2 fuck my internet up so i took my machine 2 PC world the guys advice have a AOL Disk and that will solve the problem...

wot a goon

john54321
11-01-2003, 08:20 PM
I agree PCWORLD are over priced, but if you are looking to buy a DVD-Writer, i think its the best place to do it. I purchased one about 10 months ago, it developed a fault with the software - easily fixable by reinstalling, but I took it back a week ago after using it for so long and got it replaced with a new, faster drive.

Its their policy to replace, so take advantage of it. I replaced the 2.4x dvd writer with a new 4 speed one, so i&#39;m a happy chap :D

Evil Gemini
11-01-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by mrcall1969@1 November 2003 - 19:11
I can&#39;t understand anyone shopping in PC World, they&#39;re over-priced and trained monkeys could give you better advice. A workmate of mine spent a fortune on CD-RW&#39;s because an assistant told him that if you only recorded one song on a CD-R then you couldn&#39;t record any more&#33;
You know, im sure he can take them to court for that and get his money back. These guys need to be shut down.

I wish these guys were in Australia because i would go down their and act like i dont know shit about computers and trap them so i can take them to court and have them shut down.

wormless
11-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by paul_smith@1 November 2003 - 18:37
omg where r u @? i wanna watch&#33;