PDA

View Full Version : RS changes

Funkin'
06-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Did you guys see this? It says everything will be explained in detail on the 29th. I hope this is going to be a change for the better...

I really, really, wish people on the big public forums would just ditch RS altogether and start upping exclusively to MU or MF.

http://rapidshare.com/news.html

antrax34130
06-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Megaupload has random speed..

renwickftw
06-27-2010, 11:49 AM
In terms of free use (no premium acc), MU has the best speeds and least limits, plus you can use autodownloaders, but it looks like people prefer sites like hotfile for their reward systems =/

Disme
06-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Megaupload has random speed..

Random my ass ... maxing out my connection, even as a free user.

I can download with a waiting-limit of 45s and full speed.
If I have a download of let's say 15 GB and I have interchangeble links at RS, MU and NL 80% to 90% get's downloaded from MU.

That says it all for me!

anon
06-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I really, really, wish people on the big public forums would just ditch RS altogether and start upping exclusively to MU or MF.

Then those services will eventually get greedy and start limiting speeds and increasing wait times for free users. It's a vicious circle.

tyn624
06-28-2010, 02:04 PM
what happens to all the RS points in collectors accounts ???

darksub
07-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone of you had their free account converted to free premium account ? Recently I've receiced an email and they emailed me a new login and told they converted my free acc to free premium acc.

I mean is this free premium acc like the one people used to buy and do I have say a month i can download as much as I can ? i just hope I won't have to pay for downloading...

I mean I don't get this all. Anything like that happened to you ?

Sonnentier
07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
They wont charge you afterwards, but when you try to download you will most likely notice that it isn't 'premium'. You would have to purchase or convert "Rapids".

Look at their News: You will need 5.000 Free Points and 5.000 Premium Points to get 600 "Rapids". This is equivalent to 150 days with 1GB traffic / day. If you need more you'd have to burn more "Rapids" that day, as it seems you can't accumulate credits.

The new system is intransparent and we know what this usually means -> it will not be to our advantage...

darksub
07-01-2010, 10:07 PM
The new system is intransparent and we know what this usually means -> it will not be to our advantage... In other words read between the lines.

You know something... now I really think people should stop uploading withe the use of RS and start uploading with the use of MegaUpload. It's the best option if you area free user imho.

sez
07-02-2010, 11:06 AM
These changes are ridiculous,if they do away with the reward program then that means uploaders will have no incentive to upload and am pretty sure none of them will be willing to pay RS just to upload just so others can leech.And no content means no demand.Whether they wanna admit it or not,they are in the business of warez and they just have to deal with it lest it's their bottom line on the line here.

susiserken
07-02-2010, 11:17 AM
rapidshare has killed themself :S

darksub
07-02-2010, 01:02 PM
rapidshare has killed themself :S

Very good. it's about time people realized there is such a thing as megaupload.com

anon
07-02-2010, 02:31 PM
These changes are ridiculous,if they do away with the reward program then that means uploaders will have no incentive to upload and am pretty sure none of them will be willing to pay RS just to upload just so others can leech.And no content means no demand.Whether they wanna admit it or not,they are in the business of warez and they just have to deal with it lest it's their bottom line on the line here.

Totally agreed, but as far as I know, these changes were not entirely their decision...

Of course, Rapidshare obviously knows it's being used much more for warez than for legal stuff. I don't see anyone willing to use their hard earned cash to get the vacation pictures they've uploaded at full speed and without waiting between parts.

Funkin'
07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
So...it now costs 4 rapids to download 1GB?

Also, before this bullshit change, my premium account was supposed to end at the end of the month. But now, my account has something like 435 Rapids on it. Plus 9,000 Free Rapid Points(which were actually Premium Points before this change). So, the news says I'm supposed to be able to turn those points into Rapids, but the site isn't letting me. Has anyone been able to convert their Free Rapid Points into Rapids?

sez
07-04-2010, 04:04 PM
So...it now costs 4 rapids to download 1GB?

Also, before this bullshit change, my premium account was supposed to end at the end of the month. But now, my account has something like 435 Rapids on it. Plus 9,000 Free Rapid Points(which were actually Premium Points before this change). So, the news says I'm supposed to be able to turn those points into Rapids, but the site isn't letting me. Has anyone been able to convert their Free Rapid Points into Rapids?

I think you should email them.That said,I've been able to convert all my points(premium and free) into these rapids.Basically you can't use free rapid points alone.If you want 600 rapids(the minimum you can convert) you'll need 5,000 free points and 5,000 premium points,So like say in your situation if your points were premium points,you'd need 1,000 more points so as to be able use the convert feature.

anon
07-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Basically you can't use free rapid points alone.If you want 600 rapids(the minimum you can convert) you'll need 5,000 free points and 5,000 premium points,So like say in your situation if your points were premium points,you'd need 1,000 more points so as to be able use the convert feature.

Am I the only one that finds this new system mind-boggling? :blink:

Funkin'
07-04-2010, 04:55 PM
You're not the only one, that's why I'm having to ask questions. It's not only confusing but I think it's a pretty stupid change. So because of this once my account runs out of points or whatever to download with, then I'm done with RS until they either revert back to their old method(which in my opinion nothing was wrong with it) or come up with something better. I"m not going to hand them money to support this new system.

Anyways, thank you for the reply sez. But just so I have this straight, I have to have Free Rapid Points and Free Premium Points? I only have 9,000 Free Rapid Points, and no Free Premium Points.

So if I can't convert, what's going to happen to those 9,000 Free Rapid Points?

A
07-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Convert your 5000 Free Rapid Points to 5000 Free Premium points.
Left:4000 Free Rapid Points.
Make another 1000 Free Rapid Points.
Convert 5000 Free Rapid Points + 5000 Free Premium Points to Rapids.
Sux but hey thats how it works.

chinaski
07-04-2010, 05:46 PM
So if I can't convert, what's going to happen to those 9,000 Free Rapid Points?

absolutely nothing
one have to match free+premium points in order to convert 'em in those new "rapids"

sez
07-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah this is the most retarded system ever lol.The only positive thing(at least in my case) is the flexibility with these rapids.If you feel like leeching alot then you can move to the 20 or more rapids a day plan and if you feel like laying low you are allowed to easily revert back to the 4 rapids a day option.
As far as I know,you can't convert free rapid points into premium points.It's most likely that your points will disappear come july 6th.

Burnsy
07-04-2010, 06:45 PM
I have no idea about this new system... I have 12000 Free Rapid points, 0 Premium Rapid points and from somewhere I've gotten 2375 'Rapids'

What exactly can I do/am I meant to do with those 12k Free Rapid points?

Funkin'
07-05-2010, 06:26 AM
It's most likely that your points will disappear come july 6th.

That's bullshit. I don't know why I'm surprised though, RS has always been a shady file hoster to me. So I definitely won't be using them anymore when my Rapids run out until they change to something else.

Thanks for the info. And to the others that replied also.

supertom44
07-05-2010, 10:24 AM
I have to say I've been a long time fan of rapidshare, I used to shout its praise when ever I got the chance.

But they have seriously messed up this time, the new system is just bollox, simple as.

I most certainly wont be renewing my account with them and will look into getting a premium account with a different hosting service now.

This could well be the death of rapidshare for warez, and if that happens you have to think it would be the death of rapidshare, I imagine the vast majority of there income comes from people joining to download warez.

diaoooo
07-06-2010, 08:26 AM
i just doubt that whether it is a good choice to do that, though i would always keep myself as a "Free User".

Aristocles
07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Rot

anon
07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Edit.

becomehokage
07-06-2010, 07:00 PM
BS i still use rs premium...

Funkin'
07-07-2010, 09:24 AM
They changed again. Somehow they think this is supposed to be better:

http://www.rapidshare.com/news.html

Hopefully soon they will just revert back to their old system. I saw nothing wrong with it.

EDIT: Actually this new change does look quite a bit better(if I'm understanding it correctly). According to their news page, 99 rapids will get your 30GB of downloading for a month. And according to their premium page (http://rapidshare.com/premium.html) 400 rapids only cost a few dollars(converted to US dollars, looks something like $6). So if I'm understaning this correctly, 400 rapids will get you around 120GB worth of downloading for a month?

And if you don't use up all of that 120GB, it will just roll over to the next month?

Hopefully I'm assuming correctly, because this isn't too bad.

A
07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I use RS to grab relatively old stuff.As long as the database of RS dosent get destroyed,I wont stop using RS,and yea the revision looks better.

Quarterquack
07-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Well, do I still get to transfer 120GB of data per day? To be honest that was my first and foremost reason for even considering rapids a good move; I was effectively rid of any caps they can enforce on me.

I was overjoyed, as I have a queue of about 140GBs of files on RS, and with my old premium account I could only grab 5-8GB per day.

Funkin'
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
You know, I'm really not sure. According to their news page it takes 99 rapids to download 30GB. My jdownloader says that I can download 30GB today, but I have close to 400 rapids on my RS account. So shouldn't my jdownloader being saying that I can download somewhere around 120GB today?

I've been doing all my downloading through MU the last few days. So I've decided what I'm going to do is just keep at the most a few hundred rapids in my account at all times(when they run out I'll just keep getting the 400 rapid package for a few bucks), and I'll use those for whenever I'm not able to find something on MU. Or when I've downloaded my limit on MU for the day as a free user. So basically I'll be using MU as my main file hoster from now and use RS as a back up.