PDA

View Full Version : How To Not Get Caught

paul_smith
11-01-2003, 11:51 PM
i want to run my own mp3 site, but dont want to get caught. what should i do?

EnJoi
11-01-2003, 11:51 PM
make it passworded

paul_smith
11-01-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by EnJoi@1 November 2003 - 23:51
make it passworded
be open to the public. theres load out there, they must be doing something so they dont get caught otherwise they wud be sued if im correct.

Lamsey
11-01-2003, 11:58 PM
:rolleyes: Share only mp3 which are public domain (free to share)

paul_smith
11-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@1 November 2003 - 23:58
but whos going bother visiting lol. im talking about chart hits etc

shubhodeep_das
11-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by paul_smith@1 November 2003 - 23:51
Start the site and give a pretty good disclaimer.
Eg.
..........the mp3's on this site may only be used for educational purposes and the webmaster of this site is not responsible for any mental or physical damage caused by them..........................etc.

Chances are that if your site is not being used for profit then all the Gov. can tell you is to shut it down,not initiate a lawsuit against you.

sparsely
11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
the fact is, if you want to host copyrighted material without being properly licensed by the copyright holder, you're gonna get shut down or sued
as soon as someone finds out.

Give it up. you can't be 'the man'.
sorry.

SiRius128
11-03-2003, 12:50 AM
yeh my friend skinned some Marvel comics and put them on his website...with in a week he got 2 cees and disist letters from Marvel :D

sparsely
11-03-2003, 01:03 AM
you mean Cease & Desist?

Wolfmight
11-03-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by paul_smith@1 November 2003 - 17:51
jus share on IRC or Kazaa.

SiRius128
11-03-2003, 02:57 AM
@Sparsely....what ever....i would have looked up the splleling but that would've taken to much time

UKMan
11-03-2003, 03:01 AM
I agree with my peers - share on one of the networks instead, less chance of getting caught.

K-lite, IRC, SoulSeek - whatever your taste is ;)

Peace
UKMan

junkyardking
11-03-2003, 04:28 AM
I would base the site on one p2p program shareaza? providing hashes( http://www.peerweb.org or http://www.sharereactor.com) for that program , i'm not sure the location matters as peerweb is located on a server in the US and sharereactor in Switzerland there own server, as the leglities of hashes are in a grey area of the law as they dont provide a direct link to the file so it's up to you to find a host that doesnt mind.

If you were to start a site with direct links you would probaly find cops knocking on your front door pretty quick, there are a couple of guys in Australia who got caught, they actualy set up a complex arangement of mirror sites which made tracking them down very hard but they were caught in the end and are currently awaiting trial.

I.am
11-03-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by UKMan@2 November 2003 - 22:01
I agree with my peers - share on one of the networks instead, less chance of getting caught.

K-lite, IRC, SoulSeek - whatever your taste is ;)

Peace
UKMan
It appears paul_smith is more interested in hits on the website rather than just sharing.

(paul_smith @ 1 November 2003 - 19:02)but whos going bother visiting lol. im talking about chart hits etc

sparsely
11-03-2003, 06:45 AM
junkyardking, even hosting a site with a collection of mp3 hashes is asking for trouble.
Ever wonder why ShareReactor doesn't have ed2k links for full albums on their main page? It's not cuz they're not out there...that's where
I get almost all of mine now. They were threatened with legal action by Sony.
You can go to their forum for lots of releases, also Musicdonkey.org, musicdonkey.net, and musicmule.com.

Musicdonkey.org only allows people to see the hashes who have registered, applied, and been accepted; musicmule.com doesn't really
want anyone posting links for mainstream stuff, and the same with musicdonkey.net.

there's really no way to do it. :(

shubhodeep_das
11-04-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by paul_smith@1 November 2003 - 23:51
Edit the music
remove the last 5 secs. of it
then host it as a trial download like all legal sites do

blackhatknight
11-04-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@1 November 2003 - 23:58
legally he is right this is the only way, you can disclaim it to hell but there is what is known as restrictive terms (you can never over ride the law no matter what someone sign or agrees too), i also argee with the post that says through other p2p networks unless your willing to take on the big guys don't mess

pick your fights carefully for when you commit they will be yours for life