PDA

View Full Version : dpkg was interrupted error on seedbox

HiDDENSKiLL
06-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Can anyone tell me how to fix this error?

dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

P2PDog
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'

The error message is telling you exactly what to do. If you want to share more details with us, such as when, where and why you're seeing this error message, then you may get more details in return.

HiDDENSKiLL
06-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Well i did that and i got this message "dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege"... I got this dpkg error when i tried to install gproftpd...

P2PDog
06-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Well i did that and i got this message "dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege"... I got this dpkg error when i tried to install gproftpd...

That second error message is telling you that you need to be root in order to run that command. Use "su -" to switch to root, then re-try the command, or use "sudo dpkg --configure -a" if you're using Ubuntu.

If you're installing a program, make sure you update your repositories first. "apt-get update" or "aptitude update".

HiDDENSKiLL
06-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Ok, will try later... Thanks a lot mate...

P2PDog
06-29-2010, 06:50 PM
It should be a simple process to install gproftpd. If you'd like some help in real-time, rather than dealing with the lag of posting in a forum, you can reach me on IRC if you'd like. Join irc.p2p-network.net and then use the command "/query Beagle". I'm stepping out for a bit soon, but I'll be around later this evening for a while.

Expeto
07-04-2010, 11:40 AM
hidden are you sure you have root permissions, I mean have a password for root account, seedbox companies usually doesn't gave them to users