PDA

View Full Version : What.CD - disabled

CryBaby
06-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Google brought me here.
So, what is there to be done when someone gets banned?

I got banned. Reason wasn't given. They said: "You know what you have done."
In most cases I guess people really know what they've done. Lying really has no point since they keep track of everything.

First they asked me if I knew someone on the site. Don't know why they did that. Conversation went to the point where they asked me if I was a member of sbi.
At first I really didn't know what they were talking about. I asked the guy to maybe google it and give a straight answer. He just said I was lying and banned - g-lined me.
State Bank of India – I'm not from India – Joined the channel told them that. (GLINED!)

I joined the channel again since my ip is changeable. After asking why was I banned - got kicked again.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that they asked me if I knew why was I disabled. I told them couple of reasons and it seemed none of them were correct.

Then I remembered more and tried to jump into what.cd-disabled and just paste the explanation. It didn't work - explaining. The guy that kicked me told me(g-line message) - "Do you think you will get re-enabled now?"
Well, then I just quit trying to get back to what. I just wanted them to tell me why was I banned. Then it just clicked me!
sbi - sbi.. At first I thought it was an abbreviation of some tracker. Look up on google - nothing. Then I checked my history - and there it was. One freaking link. Clicked on it. German forum(I'm not from Germany). Don't understand a think. Main page shows some ratio faking tools which I didn't even click since there was only one link in my history.

I searched couple of boards that I'm a member to see if I clicked accidentally that link since it was couple of weeks old.
Found a thread and a guy just posting the link not saying much about it. Seems I clicked it. Saw there's nothing interesting since everything is in German and I closed the tab.

I, then tried to explain to that guy in what.cd-disabled channel what happened. They just kept kicking me and told me to never come back. Well, I listened to that. I didn't want to bother them anymore. It was nice and clear they weren't going to listen to me.
The thing is - I've been member for 2 months. Uploaded 30 torrents(perfect flacs and other things) and been seeding the whole time.
Active on the forum. Just started getting adjusted to a perfect community.
I didn't download anything for two days and -! booh !- ban.
So, I still don't know what got me there. I am not a member. How can I register on a site that has a language I don't speak? Why would I even want to be on it?

So, I'm asking you guys if there are trackers with the same stuff as what.cd.
It doesn't have to be one tracker. Couple of them with almost the same content would be fine.

It would be nice if my account got re-enabled but, really, I don't want to bother these guys anymore. Seems they already know everything.
Don't even know who is lying about me being a member there. I searched my what.cd username in google(sbi site only) and it didn't show up :S

I think they use some kind of CSS history tracking but why would they ban me if I visited the site only once :S
It is lame - site is perfect - and one lifetime account per person :(...

Tokeman
06-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Try Waffles.
SBI is small bandwidth innovations if I remember correctly. Its for spoofing upload amounts and such I think.

Good luck in the future.

ca_aok
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Well, then I just quit trying to get back to what. I just wanted them to tell me why was I banned. Then it just clicked me!
sbi - sbi.. At first I thought it was an abbreviation of some tracker. Look up on google - nothing. Then I checked my history - and there it was. One freaking link. Clicked on it. German forum(I'm not from Germany). Don't understand a think. Main page shows some ratio faking tools which I didn't even click since there was only one link in my history.Yes, I'm sure you randomly happened upon a cheating forum in a language you don't speak, and merely browsed the index page, and then completely forgot about the place, then made up something about the bank of india? :lol:

Try Waffles, and lay off the ratiomaster downloads.

elbuitre
06-30-2010, 04:59 PM
there is really nothing like what.cd, your best bet would be waffles+rutracker+demonoid+blogs+google(serch for"artist album site:mediafire.com(or rapidshare or megaupload)")+soulseek. Sucks that there are assholes that post links to dangerous forums without warning. Hope you get your account back if you're being honest (though lurking this site for a while makes me think you're not).

CryBaby
06-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Yes, I'm sure you randomly happened upon a cheating forum in a language you don't speak, and merely browsed the index page, and then completely forgot about the place, then made up something about the bank of india? :lol:

Yep, I can even provide links. :D I tried but well, 5 seconds in disabled channel - kick :)

(though lurking this site for a while makes me think you're not).
Lurking as in?
If you mean my post count - well, there it stands in big coloured letters - 20 posts or 15 days membership :)
And yeah, it would be nice to get my account back but it's not a primary goal. I just want some recommendations about what to use and have almost the same access to material available on what.cd...
I did found a guy on warez boards posting what.cd albums which can be used to seed them on the tracker. But he posts albums he usually listens. His collection is large - around 15000 albums xD

anon
06-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I think they use some kind of CSS history tracking but why would they ban me if I visited the site only once :S

CSS hack indeed.

If you want your SB-I account deleted, you can PM me here once you get your privileges. :P

elbuitre
06-30-2010, 05:04 PM
If you mean my post count - well, there it stands in big coloured letters - 20 posts or 15 days membership :)

I mean from ME lurinking I get this feeling. We get people like you, with claims of being banned unfairly from what.cd, very often in this forum. Most of the time, they're lying.

EDIT:

If you want your SB-I account deleted, you can PM me here once you get your privileges. :P

.....and the cat is out of the box

ca_aok
06-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Hmm, he's made an account there now has he?

Protip for mister 15 days: 20 posts, this isn't going to look great in your post history when you start making invite requests. :lol:

anon
06-30-2010, 05:08 PM

But he said he didn't ch- wait, he didn't say that. This makes this thread a bit different from all those dull "What.cd disabled me" ones. :lol:

CryBaby
06-30-2010, 05:10 PM

But he said he didn't ch- wait, he didn't say that. This makes this thread a bit different from all those dull "What.cd disabled me" ones. :lol:

Nah, they said it was sbi membership that made my account disabled. They didn't accuse me of cheating.
I've seen guys in the room being kicked and being accused of cheating instantly. Why would they drag of a 20 min conversation and not tell me that I cheated. If I did cheat. I would admit that instantly. That can be tracked very easily - so I have heard :)

Hmm, he's made an account there now has he?

Protip for mister 15 days: 20 posts, this isn't going to look great in your post history when you start making invite requests. :lol:

I think anon-sbi was just making a joke.

anon
06-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Nah, they said it was sbi membership that makes my account banned.

Wait, merely being registered there is against the rules now?

elbuitre
06-30-2010, 05:13 PM

He did said he had no idea what sbi was. Guess he said "what the hell, might as well". :pinch:

CryBaby
06-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Nah, they said it was sbi membership that makes my account banned.

I don't know. I don't think that's in the rules.

IdolEyes787
06-30-2010, 05:20 PM

I think it's like the bt equivalent of being in the Ku Klux Klan.It's assumed that by the mere fact that you're member you're a racist.
Go figure.

ca_aok
06-30-2010, 05:20 PM
So you do now admit to being registered there? Why would one be registered on a cheating forum :whistling

I think it's like the bt equivalent of being in the Ku Klux Klan.
It's assumed that by the mere fact that you're member you're a racist.Go figure.
Is there some other reason to join?

CryBaby
06-30-2010, 05:22 PM
So you do now admit to being registered there? Why would one be registered on a cheating forum :whistling

No - as I said - anon-sbi was making a joke.

IdolEyes787
06-30-2010, 05:22 PM
The cool outfits.

And the barbecues of course .

ca_aok
06-30-2010, 05:23 PM
They just want to look like ghosts, right?

IdolEyes787
06-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Yeah but cool ghosts.

CryBaby
06-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I just don't understand why they instantly assumed that visiting a site means being a member there :)

anon
06-30-2010, 05:32 PM
I just don't understand why they instantly assumed that visiting a site means being a member there :)

Me neither, but it works for them.

th0r
06-30-2010, 08:24 PM
(though lurking this site for a while makes me think you're not).boy, then judging by my membership join date and post count, i must be one dishonest son of a bitch

elbuitre
06-30-2010, 09:39 PM
boy, then judging by my membership join date and post count, i must be one dishonest son of a bitch

huh :blink:? i meant that almost everyone that comes to this site to complain of being banned on what.cd unfairly is lying. I've seen several threads like this. I did not mean that everyone here is dishonest just by being here :dabs:. sorry, that came out wrong :pinch:

CryBaby
06-30-2010, 10:04 PM
boy, then judging by my membership join date and post count, i must be one dishonest son of a bitch

huh :blink:? i meant that almost everyone that comes to this site to complain of being banned on what.cd unfairly is lying. I've seen several threads like this. I did not mean that everyone here is dishonest just by being here :dabs:. sorry, that came out wrong :pinch:

On what site should we go if we had these problems and we get banned from irc?

I just came here because google showed me the way.

Quarterquack
06-30-2010, 10:09 PM
No site has the ability to change specific tracker decisions, so I don't see why you would want someone to refer you somewhere just so you could complain about the injustice.

If you want substitution trackers then this place, or a hundred others have the ability to get you just that, but if you're looking for a staffer to change their decision... yeah.

tippertime
06-30-2010, 11:20 PM
see here is the problem:

1. you might be telling the truth
2. you might be telling the truth but leaving out something (my guess)
3. its all a lie

how often do you think the staff hear these stories? probably everyday, probably multiple times. How many of those people are full of shit? 90% maybe? sometimes you just have to cut your loses and hope you get a waffles invite...

Relanium
07-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Waffles is the best choice for you now. Forget about What.theshit.

Disme
07-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Can you really blame them ... cheating has, over the years become a problem that tracker-staff can't miss and action has to be taken.

What bothers me is that some people here are roaming this board freely. You can't deny they are helpfull and all here, but at the same time they are actively and openly involved on cheater-boards. People that are blatantly spreading various tool, tricks and propagate methods to re-join trackers after being banned, etc ...

There's innocent casualties in every war. If the OP tells the truth I guess he's one of them. The sad thing is that those 'wolfs in sheepskin' are well aware of these methods and won't get caught. Sad but true.

Rigel9
07-01-2010, 09:56 AM
arghhhhhhhh

Good point!

Mihai
07-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Can you really blame them ... cheating has, over the years become a problem that tracker-staff can't miss and action has to be taken.

What bothers me is that some people here are roaming this board freely. You can't deny they are helpfull and all here, but at the same time they are actively and openly involved on cheater-boards. People that are blatantly spreading various tool, tricks and propagate methods to re-join trackers after being banned, etc ...

There's innocent casualties in every war. If the OP tells the truth I guess he's one of them. The sad thing is that those 'wolfs in sheepskin' are well aware of these methods and won't get caught. Sad but true.

So cheaters souldn't roam here right?That's what you would like?Sad if you think about it...It's not like cheaters here actually teach users how to cheat( not here at least) and when somebody cheats he does it knowing the fact that he can be banned.

About this guy, dude stop crying for a simple account...There are so many forums out there where you can get one back...And to be same, next time use another browser for what.cd because they like messing with people.

ca_aok
07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Of course, if you weren't a cheater, perhaps they wouldn't always be "messing with you". Difficult concept to understand, I know.

Disme
07-01-2010, 12:08 PM
So cheaters souldn't roam here right?

NO.

I believe you should stick to your 'own' board(s).
There are enough non-cheating helpfull people here and they don't shit/cheat on all the good torrenters who do care about sharing.

Mihai
07-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Of course, if you weren't a cheater, perhaps they wouldn't always be "messing with you". Difficult concept to understand, I know.

Actually nobody is messing with me since i do not care about people saying i'm a cheater.Also i don't invite/ask for invites here because i know people can get in trouble because of me( low chance of that happening but that's just me).

NO.

There are enough non-cheating helpfull people here and they don't shit/cheat on all the good torrenters who do care about sharing.

And i shit on good torrenters? really?Care to explain how?Because i wam quite curious since i never said here go and cheat dude, check out sbi or shit like that.And what makes you think i don't care about filesharing?The cheating part?I'm not gonna explain now why do i cheat etc. because people don't care.As long as this board is free for all torrenters, good or bad, as you said, i'm not gonna leave because of some comments.

cap87
07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Actually nobody is messing with me since i do not care about people saying i'm a cheater.Also i don't invite/ask for invites here because i know people can get in trouble because of me( low chance of that happening but that's just me).

NO.

And i shit on good torrenters? really?Care to explain how?Because i wam quite curious since i never said here go and cheat dude, check out sbi or shit like that.And what makes you think i don't care about filesharing?The cheating part?I'm not gonna explain now why do i cheat etc. because people don't care.As long as this board is free for all torrenters, good or bad, as you said, i'm not gonna leave because of some comments.

Wow, you're a truly great member because you don't give or ask for invites! :rolleyes:

I'm really not going to explain to you how you ruin it for everyone, try to figure it out for yourself. It's not that hard.

And please, enlighten us on your reasons to cheat, we're curious :yup:

Mihai
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM

NO.

Wow, you're a truly great member because you don't give or ask for invites! :rolleyes:

I'm really not going to explain to you how you ruin it for everyone, try to figure it out for yourself. It's not that hard.

I do not affect users in any other way, that's what i meant.
I know how i ruin it for everyone, it's not like i don't already noticed that:lol:

As for reasons, upload speed not being big enough should be enough, but i'm going to say i just cheat because i can so i can be the bad guy:naughty:

anon
07-01-2010, 04:12 PM
What bothers me is that some people here are roaming this board freely. You can't deny they are helpfull and all here, but at the same time they are actively and openly involved on cheater-boards.

:eyebrows:

There are quite a lot of reasons for some to decide to cheat. I once wrote all the ones I could remember at the time in a rather extensive post on some thread:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-to-ban-or-not-to-banthis-is-the-q-379218/page5

sez
07-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I just hope that as much effort is being put to protect the site from the real threats that face it as a filesharing site today.
What else to take from this?what.cd is admitting to be too stupid to detect anon's mods otherwise they wouldn't be banning people based on visits to his site.
And most of y'all need to chill,whether this guy is a ratio cheater or not,banning him or anyone else based on a site visit is nothing short of pathetic.

CryBaby
07-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I just hope that as much effort is being put to protect the site from the real threats that face it as a filesharing site today.
What else to take from this?what.cd is admitting to be too stupid to detect anon's mods otherwise they wouldn't be banning people based on visits to his site.
And most of y'all need to chill,whether this guy is a ratio cheater or not,banning him or anyone else based on a site visit is nothing short of pathetic.

As I've said before. They didn't say a word about me cheating. They just asked me if I was a member of sbi.
My response made them think I was a liar and after that they banned me from server.

-mn-
07-01-2010, 07:57 PM
As expected, anon is using every opportunity for their promotion...

I'm not a big fan of solving issues outside of What but I thought *maybe* some things might change if we explain and talk with you.

What.CD NEVER bans anyone just because you're a member of some site. Don't ever allow anyone to convince you in that. If you look suspicious we might check your stats more often, though. But we wait for a solid proof always and it's usually a decision of at least 2 or 3 mods when we ban someone.

There are cases when we want to talk with disabled users (most of the time!) and there are cases when we are 100% sure so there's no need to waste time. You can't open a cheat tool and fake stats by accident, so...

As for the OP, he forgot to mention his old account and the fact that he is a big fan of RatioMaster. He also forgot to tell the whole truth about lying to staff. He did say that we asked him questions, so it's not like he got glined on spot.
We got used to false accusations but I will never understand what could you expect to accomplish by making a thread like this and lying to few strangers that can't really help you.

The main reason I'm posting now is that I would like to ask Anon some things but others may comment or ask questions as well. Even the OP, though he can't expect to get enabled after cheating and multiple accounts :-)

So, question for Anon if he is willing to talk with me.
Why all that hatred? We only do our job and follow the rules. You have the rules on your site too, right?

I know it's frustrating when you get banned few times (or many times) but it's not some big injustice if you broke the rules for fun (which you agreed to read and respect upon sign up), and then you get punished for that. What else can you expect?

You are annoyed with the way we do interviews? Of course we won't explain anyone how we caught them because they will run to you and you will make another tutorial on how to escape that trap next time, right? I know you're curious and you would love to know about our tools but can you really blame us for not telling you anything?

We are actually very forgiving in many cases and we do understand that people make mistakes, except when it comes to cheating and selling invites. There's no excuse for that and it can't happen by accident.
But the only thing that can be seen here (so far) is lies from some fail cheaters. They even lie on your site to impress you and get the Member status. Sometimes it's funny and pitiful at the same time :-)
But no one would come and talk how they got enabled though they leeched few accounts to death or something...

Some people think they can get away with lies. They come with prepared answers, false screenshots, speedtest, proxies etc. You know all those tactics because you advise people to do that. But they only ruin their chances to get enabled like that because we already know alot and we are willing to forgive them if they cooperate and promise not to break the rules anymore. We even give them several chances to change their statement or "remember" if they forgot something.
If they keep lying who's to be blamed?

We did many things to make your life easier on What and if it's still not enough that we don't even ban for low ratio and you keep cheating, then you're too selfish to see that you're not hurting the staff but the community and honest members, even yourself because it's bad for the site (and I'm sure you love it too).
Our job is just to protect good users from those few greedy ones.
It's nothing personal. We would eqaully ban you or some VIP or a noob cheater if we catch you red handed. The same rules apply for all.

I'm happy and proud that the big majority of our userbase are great people. I'm proud of all those people that keep helping and improving the site every day.
In return, we accept and implement a lot of suggestions and we are willing to help always. Many people can confirm that.

On the other side, we have many tools and scripts and we keep working on that. Talking about innocent people that get banned is just arrogant because you have no idea what we know and what we see.
We are not unreasonable and we are not monsters. We do understand that there is a human being on the other side of the screen. But if you don't respect us and the community, you can't expect any favors from us.
It might be hard for you to believe that but we are not obsessed with catching every single cheater. We just do our job the best we can. Our tools do a lot of work for us and I'm really proud of our coders.

I don't need an explanation why people cheat. I would like to understand your hatred and what do you expect us to do when people make multiple accounts, cheat, keep coming back and we catch them?

You are very smart and knowledgeable and it's a shame that you work for destruction, not for building something good for all of us.

I would like to ask for civil comments or questions, if possible please.

cap87
07-01-2010, 08:54 PM

I do not affect users in any other way, that's what i meant.
I know how i ruin it for everyone, it's not like i don't already noticed that:lol:

As for reasons, upload speed not being big enough should be enough, but i'm going to say i just cheat because i can so i can be the bad guy:naughty:

Are you still using the slow upload speed as a reason to cheat? Seriously?
Well at least you can go ahead and try to be the bad guy, you don't seem you could be the smart one :pinch:

:eyebrows:

There are quite a lot of reasons for some to decide to cheat. I once wrote all the ones I could remember at the time in a rather extensive post on some thread:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-to-ban-or-not-to-banthis-is-the-q-379218/page5

And you also gave the solution to those problems/reasons why some cheat.

The points that don't sound like a complete joke on reasons to cheat are the 5th, 6th and 7th. But in those cases, you either are selfish or... someone who needs to find that "thrill of the chase" in something worth doing :huh: Either way, those are still no excuses to cheat.

anon
07-01-2010, 09:09 PM
The points that don't sound like a complete joke on reasons to cheat are the 5th, 6th and 7th.

What do you propose for users affected by any of the first four points, then?

cap87
07-01-2010, 09:18 PM
The points that don't sound like a complete joke on reasons to cheat are the 5th, 6th and 7th.

What do you propose for users affected by any of the first four points, then?

You already gave the solutions for them in your post :huh:

anon
07-01-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm well aware of that. It's just that you said the first four reasons were a joke, so I thought you may have something to add.

cap87
07-01-2010, 09:47 PM
I once had 3 of those 4 problems (1,2,4 in case you're wondering) and that never hurt my torrenting habits.

And the 3rd one doesn't even make any sense to me.

The real reasons of those who use those kind of excuses are because they don't just want to bother uploading or like to cheat the system.

Edit: Oh wait, if by the 3rd reason you also meant the ISP capping your upload speed (traffic shaping), i guess i had 4 of those 4 problems :lol:

anon
07-01-2010, 09:54 PM
And the 3rd one doesn't even make any sense to me.

Point 3 = people that don't know how to set their torrent client's settings up, therefore using an extreme number of connections that leaves little bandwidth for uploading (and downloading as well).

Edit: Oh wait, if by the 3rd reason you also meant the ISP capping your upload speed (traffic shaping)

I meant a monthly traffic cap, and uploading would eat GBs from it, but what you mention does happen as well. My ISP shapes all P2P downloads, as a matter of fact.

OlegL
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Cheating is such a meaningless activity. Think of it: the "hard to seed" tracker what.cd doesn't even require you to download or upload anything; you simply need to login into your account from time to time to keep it active. Then you can wait for a freeleech period there to build a buffer. Think of bitmetv/bitme: if you can afford to pay for a connection speed faster than dial-up, then you can afford to make a small donation to bitmetv/bitme for upload credit. I am sure that cheating is also meaningless at karagarga even though it's a "hard to seed" tracker.
Even though I am a bit curious about how cheating works, I find it an incredibly meaningless activity.

anon
07-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Think of it: the "hard to seed" tracker what.cd doesn't even require you to download or upload anything; you simply need to login into your account from time to time to keep it active. Then you can wait for a freeleech period there to build a buffer.

I.e. having to put the account "on hold" until you can buffer up when there's freeleech, which is coming who knows when, and will cause so much tracker activity your client will be unable to report stats for a long while, and should you close it while the tracker's still non-responsive, you're fucked.

Think of bitmetv/bitme: if you can afford to pay for a connection speed faster than dial-up, then you can afford to make a small donation to bitmetv/bitme for upload credit.

The only difference from cheating being that the tracker profits from its seeding difficulty if you choose to donate.

cap87
07-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Point 3 = people that don't know how to set their torrent client's settings up, therefore using an extreme number of connections that leaves little bandwidth for uploading (and downloading as well).

Yep, that's what i thought. I said it doesn't make sense because how can you learn how to cheat even before you learn how to properly setup your torrent client? :dabs:

anon
07-01-2010, 10:19 PM
how can you learn how to cheat even before you learn how to properly setup your torrent client? :dabs:

I never said that. I meant that because of the little amount of data going up, the guy sees himself unable to survive in the tracker, and one way or the other resorts to cheating.

McArty
07-02-2010, 05:15 AM
And nobody is talking about the fact that right now at what.cd you only need to keep seeding whatever you snatched, so the ratio required is very low, starting at 0.00

Also i would never risk my account by cheating or trading. Right now what.cd is the better and only place of its kind, and i would really miss them if i got disabled.

And btw nobody is gonna answer to -nm-? What he said was reassuring to me, and i know what he said is true.

-mn-
07-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Thanks McArty.
I'm sure that no one noticed my post because mods had to approve it first (I guess because it was my first post?), it showed up much later than I posted and it's on the previous page :-)
Or if it's easier:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-whatcd-disabled-post3478789/postcount39

sez
07-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Well?

OlegL
07-02-2010, 12:50 PM
The thing is - I've been member for 2 months. Uploaded 30 torrents(perfect flacs and other things) and been seeding the whole time.

So, now we know that you cheated, but did you really upload 30 torrents?

ca_aok
07-02-2010, 01:43 PM
As for the OP, he forgot to mention his old account and the fact that he is a big fan of RatioMaster. He also forgot to tell the whole truth about lying to staff. He did say that we asked him questions, so it's not like he got glined on spot.

I'm one hell of a prophet :lol:

Quarterquack
07-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't know how I missed mn's post, but it was refreshing to see such sincerity from a staffer's post. :yes:

EDIT: Not that staffer's lie all the time, but most of them are absolute douchebags that only care about the website and not the users.

anon
07-02-2010, 05:04 PM
As expected, anon is using every opportunity for their promotion...

Promotion? You won't even find SB-I's full name in any of my posts (except of course when quoting someone who's posted it).

What.CD NEVER bans anyone just because you're a member of some site.

On a sidenote, what's your take on invading users' privacy by holding their information forever in the database and checking whether they've visited certain URLs? Is it a necessary evil or just part of keeping the tracker? And if you don't ban people for visiting a site, how come you're checking for that in the first place? Does having visited the index of a cheater board (which is where you're redirected when trying to visit a non-existent page) count as further proof of wrongdoing if someone's already suspected of such activities?

There are cases when we want to talk with disabled users (most of the time!) and there are cases when we are 100% sure so there's no need to waste time. You can't open a cheat tool and fake stats by accident, so...

I take it the 100% cases are when you tell people they know what they did, and swiftly ban them from IRC. Well, that's a bit too harsh, which is why I dislike it, but looking at how many lamers pose as innocent guys that got banned for "no reason", and adding the amount of obvious rule breakers that join IRC to have a shot at getting reenabled, I can understand. I'm pretty sure you have to deal with them on a daily basis, and that'd be exasperating.

As for the OP, he forgot to mention his old account and the fact that he is a big fan of RatioMaster.

If he had had another account in the past, how come you gave him enough time to upload stuff and post in the forums before detecting it?

He also forgot to tell the whole truth about lying to staff. He did say that we asked him questions, so it's not like he got glined on spot.
We got used to false accusations but I will never understand what could you expect to accomplish by making a thread like this and lying to few strangers that can't really help you.

Agreed, I've been here for just a bit more than half a year, and have already read several "What.cd banned me for no reason" threads which always ended up with their starters being exposed as cheaters, traders and whatnot by one of your staff members. There was even one where WhatMan posted an IRC log of the guy making stupid excuses up on the fly to see if he could be reenabled, which was a great read - he even "admitted" his small amount of posts consisted of spam to see if he could reach extra privileges, which led me to temporarily ban him for a week :D

So, question for Anon if he is willing to talk with me.

I'm always willing to talk, specially about this kind of stuff (I accidentally wrote "staff" instead of "stuff" the first time I wrote this paragraph, go figure :lol:).

Why all that hatred? We only do our job and follow the rules. You have the rules on your site too, right?

I never said I hate you (the whole What.cd staff), and so that it's clear, I don't. I've only made despective comments about your rough treatment to certain users here and there, and most of the time I didn't even fully mean what I was saying. You'll probably think I'm saying this because I can't write a different chunk of text to justify what I've said in the past. Personally, I don't care.

I know it's frustrating when you get banned few times (or many times) but it's not some big injustice if you broke the rules for fun (which you agreed to read and respect upon sign up), and then you get punished for that. What else can you expect?

True. Nothing to discuss here.

You are annoyed with the way we do interviews? Of course we won't explain anyone how we caught them because they will run to you and you will make another tutorial on how to escape that trap next time, right? I know you're curious and you would love to know about our tools but can you really blame us for not telling you anything?

I never said I don't like how you don't explain people how you caught them doing stuff, either. I merely pointed that habit of yours out on a post at SB-I. In the Off Topic section. I find it pretty damn logical to keep your security measures a secret, actually.

We are actually very forgiving in many cases and we do understand that people make mistakes,

I guess you are. I can't check this because people whose offenses you forgive and accounts end up reenabling tend not to make threads about that anywhere.

except when it comes to cheating and selling invites. There's no excuse for that and it can't happen by accident.

What about that guy who uploaded the same torrent to both your tracker and Waffles, put both announce URLs in the same torrent, uploaded a lot on Waffles while not doing so in your site, and ended up disabled on the latter... I don't keep track of that kind of stuff, so I'm sure that was probably some lame excuse for having been caught cheating (as if FSTers here could do anything about it :rolleyes:), but in a different case, couldn't that be considered an honest error mistaken for cheating by you?

But the only thing that can be seen here (so far) is lies from some fail cheaters. They even lie on your site to impress you and get the Member status.

Where? :unsure:

Some people think they can get away with lies. They come with prepared answers, false screenshots, speedtest, proxies etc. You know all those tactics because you advise people to do that.

I don't advice people to do stuff. I tell them that if they have already got caught for cheating, and they know the reason, and they think they can lie their way to getting reenabled, they can do this or that.

But they only ruin their chances to get enabled like that because we already know alot and we are willing to forgive them if they cooperate and promise not to break the rules anymore.

Come on, we're talking about cheaters there... you and I know they don't have a fucking chance of ever getting their account back once caught.

We did many things to make your life easier on What and if it's still not enough that we don't even ban for low ratio

That was a nice move.

and you keep cheating, then you're too selfish to see that you're not hurting the staff but the community and honest members, even yourself because it's bad for the site (and I'm sure you love it too).

Leeching a lot from the place and not giving anything back hurts it, yes. That's an undeniable truth. On the other side, people that have cheated their way to a good ratio can actually enjoy it, and download from those that have been seeding since day one and are struggling to survive, improving their ratios as well. I'm not saying it's OK to leech the crap out of your (or any other tracker) just because it makes others upload, but as you can see not all the consequences of the action are negative.

You are very smart and knowledgeable

-mn-
07-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I think you're using some big words "invading users' privacy"...
We don't do anything that might affect innocent users and we don't ban anyone because they just visited your site. But people who get Member status usually download some cheat tools from sb-i. We are more careful with some users, that's all.
And even if we know that someone is a Member there we wait till he makes a mistake.
But tell me where else should we search for cheaters than on the cheat sites :-)

As for being harsh on IRC, there are no second chances if you cheat and that's well known. That's our policy so like it or not but you were warned from the start. Don't use cheat tools but if you decide to ignore our warning you may cry and complain later but don't blame us. The question is, should we waste time on people like that or should we use it to do something good for honest members who don't cheat or lie?

If you are not a cheater or seller you will have a fair "trial" and enough time to explain your situation. We are actually very polite and nice to people :-)
We give a second chance to everyone who says the whole truth and promise not to break the rules in the future.
Lying will not get you anywhere no matter how convincing you think you are. You just prove that you can't be trusted.

About your question why we didn't ban the OP sooner. I'm not sure what's behind that question.
We have 120k members and we have insane amount of work. We can't see everything right away but sooner or later everyone makes a mistake.
As I said, we are not obsessed with catching people. We are not searching for them 24/7. They do stupid things and get discovered even after reading all your tutorials :-)

You say you don't hate us and your reply sounds much nicer than I expected but I've seen some really bad posts of yours in the past. I'm not sure who is the real Anon, this one or the one on sb-i.
I certainly like this one much better :-)

The question about cross seeding. Maybe we had a couple mistakes in the past but that was long ago and we enabled some people who proved to be innocent. Sometimes we ask for proofs and screenshots but I can assure you that we can make a difference now if someone is seeding on 2 sites.
Though with the new tests we just got, that won't happen anymore.

Who is trying to impress you? Everyone who says that they opened 200 torrents and used RM on all of them.
I've seen several people bragging and explaining how they cheated but we all laughed because those things were detectable by our system so they were just doing us favors. Sorry but I hope many of your friends will take their advice :-)

I'm not going to comment the rest of your post. That's what you believe is right.
We will have to agree that we disagree on those things.

anon
07-02-2010, 07:44 PM
I think you're using some big words "invading users' privacy"...

You're basically running the browser histories of everyone in your site through a huge checklist every time they visit. Feel free to come up with an euphemism, but that counts as privacy invasion for me.

As for being harsh on IRC, there are no second chances if you cheat and that's well known. That's our policy so like it or not but you were warned from the start. Don't use cheat tools but if you decide to ignore our warning you may cry and complain later but don't blame us. The question is, should we waste time on people like that or should we use it to do something good for honest members who don't cheat or lie?

If you are not a cheater or seller you will have a fair "trial" and enough time to explain your situation. We are actually very polite and nice to people :-)
We give a second chance to everyone who says the whole truth and promise not to break the rules in the future.
Lying will not get you anywhere no matter how convincing you think you are. You just prove that you can't be trusted.

The ones you're sure have cheated get shit harsher treatment, while the ones that commited "lighter" mistakes don't. It makes sense, it truly does.

About your question why we didn't ban the OP sooner. I'm not sure what's behind that question.
We have 120k members and we have insane amount of work. We can't see everything right away but sooner or later everyone makes a mistake.
As I said, we are not obsessed with catching people. We are not searching for them 24/7. They do stupid things and get discovered even after reading all your tutorials :-)

And how would you know if they have read my t- oops, I forgot :rolleyes:

You say you don't hate us and your reply sounds much nicer than I expected but I've seen some really bad posts of yours in the past. I'm not sure who is the real Anon, this one or the one on sb-i.
I certainly like this one much better :-)

Feel free to quote those "really bad posts" here. This time, you can take your time to consider whether I really meant what was posted, or the section I did it on. You see, sometimes I don't add a ":lol:" or ":D" after every sentence I write. But don't let that automatically make you take those seriously.

The question about cross seeding. Maybe we had a couple mistakes in the past but that was long ago and we enabled some people who proved to be innocent. Sometimes we ask for proofs and screenshots but I can assure you that we can make a difference now if someone is seeding on 2 sites.
Though with the new tests we just got, that won't happen anymore.

That's certainly good to hear, specially for those that would have been treated as cheaters just for not adding the .torrent from your tracker separately in their clients, had you not implemented those new tests.

Who is trying to impress you? Everyone who says that they opened 200 torrents and used RM on all of them.
I've seen several people bragging and explaining how they cheated but we all laughed because those things were detectable by our system so they were just doing us favors. Sorry but I hope many of your friends will take their advice :-)

Really? Only one guy has done the 200 torrents thingy, if my memory serves me well. There are others that have done stuff that would sound rather stupid, yet I don't see the disabled icon on their profiles... would you rather let them have a flagged account without them knowing, or are you just waiting for the next strike? :unsure:

I'm not going to comment the rest of your post. That's what you believe is right.
We will have to agree that we disagree on those things.

I agree! :lol:

babab007
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
:fst:

-mn-
07-02-2010, 08:50 PM
You're basically running the browser histories of everyone in your site through a huge checklist every time they visit. Feel free to come up with an euphemism, but that counts as privacy invasion for me.

No true and you may check your browser :-)
But I'm not going to discuss how our tools work as you won't explain me about some supersecret things you're doing... :-)
But your story upsets only cheaters. Other people couldn't care less about it, and that's how it should be.

The ones you're sure have cheated get shit harsher treatment, while the ones that commited "lighter" mistakes don't. It makes sense, it truly does.

Again, that's not true. We only tell them that they won't be enabled and they can leave the channel. They get glined and we are harsh only if they are persistent, after we asked them to leave many times or if they keep coming back using proxies.
I said that you may like it or not but cheaters don't get second chances. That's our policy and it's well known to all. You can only blame yourself if you get banned for cheating. No one gets banned for nothing and when we are 100% sure I don't see what should we talk about?
Our scripts and other tools are the best because we learnt from the best.
My personal opinion, with all your knowledge and experience it's a shame you're not working with me :-)

I'm not going to search and quote what you said, it's not that important. Hopefully you will change your opinion about What staff. Some day. :-)

As for the cheating and bragging on your site, of course I will not say who I was talking about. But I only meant that they didn't do what they said.
Anyway, that was just an example that people post many things that actually never happened or they twist the real truth, for their own promotion. Like OP and many others seen here.

CryBaby
07-02-2010, 08:50 PM
As for the OP, he forgot to mention his old account and the fact that he is a big fan of RatioMaster.
He also forgot to tell the whole truth about lying to staff. He did say that we asked him questions, so it's not like he got glined on spot.

I think you don't really know what my account is. Because I didn't forget to tell the whole truth about lying to staff. I wrote that they thought I lied. They didn't ask me if I cheated. If that's the point you're making.
I didn't even say I was g-lined instantly.

So, I think you maybe mistook me for someone else.

So, why did you give me a fair trial if I cheated with my previous account and I am also a big fan of ratio master. I think you are not talking about me, here.

Maybe I'm just one of the few that got banned and really had no idea why. I even mentioned another user in that interview that had the same problem as me. I didn't see mod commenting about that. And I know he is legit because he has high buffer on various high level trackers. He even gave me invites to some of them.

I am not even trying to get back. Told people my story and asked them for recommendations(what trackers to join and replace what.cd).

anon
07-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I know he is legit because he has high buffer on various high level trackers.

Having a high buffer on high-level trackers doesn't mean too much...

babab007
07-02-2010, 09:09 PM
watch the game guys....Ghana seems to be failing miserably :lol:

CryBaby
07-02-2010, 09:18 PM
I know he is legit because he has high buffer on various high level trackers.

Having a high buffer on high-level trackers doesn't mean too much...
Well, I am currently checking his uploaded torrents numbers and they are high.

Maybe high buffer doesn't mean much to you. But I can't easily make 2 TB uploaded in almost 2 years with 0.25mbps connection.

babab007
07-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Maybe high buffer doesn't mean much to you. But I can't easily make 2 TB uploaded in almost 2 years with 0.25mbps connection.

LOL, i wonder how you'll stay alive on what even if you get it re-enabled.
:whistling:
Then again, that shouldnt mean you not getting your account back if innocent. :)

-mn-
07-02-2010, 09:36 PM
So, why did you give me a fair trial if I cheated with my previous account and I am also a big fan of ratio master.

So now you say it was fair trial? :-)
Well, it was actually, except for the part where you lied.

CryBaby, we know exactly who you are and please lets not play games anymore.
You were glined zillion times because you lied so there was no point talking with you anymore, you were annoying and you kept coming back after you got the answer that you won't be enabled.
I didn't talk with you so I can't comment why they asked you questions (I don't see what's wrong with that anyway), but there's no doubt that you're a cheater and you had an account before.

And I know he is legit because he has high buffer on various high level trackers. He even gave me invites to some of them.

He is legit "because he has high buffer"? Ok :-)

Except, uploading with RatioMaster doesn't count as a real buffer :-)

I am not even trying to get back. Told people my story and asked them for recommendations(what trackers to join and replace what.cd).

I'm sure you'll get tons of invites now :-)

My suggestion is that you should stop embarrassing yourself anymore.

@anon, I replied you on page 6 but they always need to approve my posts first so they show up later :-)

CryBaby
07-02-2010, 09:36 PM

LOL, i wonder how you'll stay alive on what even if you get it re-enabled.
:whistling:
Then again, that shouldnt mean you not getting your account back if innocent. :)

I'm not talking about myself. My connection is faster. My what account had a nice amounts of uploaded/downloaded data.

I had a connection like that couple of years ago before I got fiber optics cable. Wasn't easy to seed anywhere since download speed is a lot higher.

So now you say it was fair trial? :-)
Well, it was actually, except the part where you lied.

You said you give fair trial to non-cheaters/traders.
If I was a cheat from the start why bother?

CryBaby, we know exactly who you are and please lets not play games anymore.
Sorry, I thought for a second you mistook me for someone else.
It is true that I had an account before. But it was pruned because of inactivity. So, don't know how you make an assumption I cheated since I didn't use it.

Except, uploading with RatioMaster doesn't count as a real buffer :-)

I don't think there is anything wrong in having your own personal old pc that seeds all your torrents 24/7.

I'm sure you'll get tons of invites now :-)

My suggestion is that you should stop embarrassing yourself anymore.
I don't think I'm embarrassing myself. I don't ask for invites either. Maybe I'll give a few but don't need anything now and I don't think I'll need anything in the future.

anon
07-02-2010, 09:51 PM
No true and you may check your browser :-)
But I'm not going to discuss how our tools work as you won't explain me about some supersecret things you're doing... :-)
But your story upsets only cheaters. Other people couldn't care less about it, and that's how it should be.

Really? Then look at the various threads here where this "tactic" of yours is talked about. I've even been PMed by two long-standing users here who are obviously not cheaters, traders or anything for me to help them avoid the CSS leak. They aren't up to anything, yet they don't want you and the rest of your team diving into their browsing history.

As for the rest, both of us have said everything already.

Nice talking to you. Do well.

It is true that I had an account before. But it was pruned because of inactivity.

What does What.cd say when you're banned and try to log in?

Your account has been disabled.
This is either due to inactivity or rule violation.

Disabled, not pruned. And right below that message, you're given a quick way of accessing IRC and discussing the ban.

-mn-
07-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I think I spent a lot of time, explained all and I think I gave fair answers.

Cheers to all. :-)

CryBaby
07-02-2010, 10:01 PM
No one gets banned for nothing and when we are 100% sure I don't see what should we talk about?
So, if someone regularly uses more locations and logins to what.cd and someone uses the same computer and has sbi membership does that make the first guy a cheater?

As for the cheating and bragging on your site, of course I will not say who I was talking about. But I only meant that they didn't do what they said.
he say one guy did it, he nows about him 100%... but tell me, why would people brag about doing something if they really don't get anything from it, and if he is doing something, why don't you ban his account? why don't you ban the real cheat?

It is true that I had an account before. But it was pruned because of inactivity.

What does What.cd say when you're banned and try to log in?

Your account has been disabled.
This is either due to inactivity or rule violation.

Disabled, not pruned. And right below that message, you're given a quick way of accessing IRC and discussing the ban.

I don't know the difference. Thought it was the same thing.

I think I spent a lot of time, explained all and I think I gave fair answers.

Cheers to all. :-)

Yeah, I respect that some of staff even showed here. I didn't expect that. As for your reasons why you banned me. Well, seems I can't prove anything to get it back and I realized that couple of days ago when you g-lined me from channel.

Cabalo
07-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, some civility on the usual What.cd thread for a change.

Just peeking in and saying that -mn- 's posts have to be approved, because it's a standard filter working at FST. Helps us avoid some spambots and crap like that. Nothing personal. :)

As a side comment, I'd add I also don't agree with that whole CSS leak exploit. Especially when this site is included on those queries, as certainly you understand it doesn't really make me happy, but those are the rules of the game, not complaining about them. If I (or any one else) doesn't agree with what you do with your member's privacy, I have a simple solution for that: ask for the account to be disabled.

Saw a list of some of the links you check, and boy, you guys really need to add some other shitholes out on the webs. I do visit quite a lot of them occasionally, and you guys are skipping some real crappish sites.

Raban
07-02-2010, 10:16 PM
where is whatman to shed some light on this situation

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 08:48 AM

So, now we know that you cheated, but did you really upload 30 torrents?

Yes. Why would I lie about anything? :naughty:
-mn- never said I cheated.

Disme
07-03-2010, 09:03 AM
where is whatman to shed some light on this situation

Why does he has to get entangled in this discussion.

Imo -mn- has worded everything that had to be said/explained ... or was your post just a hint that you know who 'rules' What.
In that case, I must say you made a fool of yourself :rolleyes:

-mn-
07-03-2010, 09:13 AM
-mn- never said I cheated.

Yes I did say you cheated on your first account. You triggered the test for RatioMaster which is 100% sure.
Our rules say "One account per person per lifetime."
I hope we are finally clear with that.

But I came back to show something to anon since he doesn't believe me about bragging of his members.

Bad Advice anon:

mn at FST said they got you already. If your account is enabled, keep on waffling.

and see why it's a bad advice:

<+cyclotron> http://*****/cheating-what-cd-5801/index94.html rofl
<+cyclotron> ban my other accounts if u have guts son of the bitches
<+cyclotron> i have 5 accounts on what.cd
<+cyclotron> rotfl
<+cyclotron> i am open chanllening u
<&whatcdmod> ok
<+cyclotron> u cant catch me a chip
<+cyclotron> u fool
<+cyclotron> fools
<&whatcdmod> :P
<+cyclotron> i have seeded 200 torrents at a time
<+cyclotron> still u can catch my other accounts
<+cyclotron> rotfl
<+cyclotron> http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-whatcd-disabled-418789/page3
<+cyclotron> u proudly say u banned 200 torrents user
<+cyclotron> rotfl
<+cyclotron> banning innocent users is nothing u bitches
<+cyclotron> first catch the real cheaters and traders
<&whatcdmod> So, do you have a point here? :P
<+cyclotron> no mother fucker
<+cyclotron> ban my ftn account
<+cyclotron> same username
<+cyclotron> if u have guts
<+cyclotron> thats all
<+cyclotron> rotfl
<&whatcdmod> Get it all out :)
<+cyclotron> no way
<+cyclotron> ftn admin is my friend
<+cyclotron> i can ban u if u give ur username
<+cyclotron> i am challenging u
<+cyclotron> give me ur ftn username u bitch
<&whatcdmod> Haha
<+cyclotron> u will see the consequence
<+cyclotron> rotfl
<&whatcdmod> I don't have an account there, so good luck with that :P
<+cyclotron> my friend is going to create another 10 accounts on ur silly tracker
<+cyclotron> wait for the ride
<+cyclotron> u cannot ban a bitch
<+cyclotron> rotfl
<+cyclotron> whats a goona do when cheaters cheat on ur tracker like anything
<+cyclotron> rotfl
<+cyclotron> u cant catch them
* +cyclotron ([email protected]) has left #what.cd-disabled

* anon-sbi ([email protected]) has joined #what.cd-disabled
<&whatcdmod> anon-sbi: what's up?
<+anon-sbi> My account had been disabled
<&whatcdmod> Which account was that?
<+anon-sbi> :)
<+anon-sbi> do you know me?
<&whatcdmod> Hmm, not sure.
<+anon-sbi> May be all of your moderators and admins know me.
<&whatcdmod> I thought that you weren't a fan of IRC?
<+anon-sbi> Not a fan of IRC?
<&whatcdmod> I thought that you, anon, did not like using IRC :P
<+anon-sbi> Your moderators want me to join your team to code the site.:)
<+anon-sbi> do you know me now?
<+anon-sbi> Can you guess me where I am from?
<&whatcdmod> ok, cyclotron, I don't really have time for another chat
<+anon-sbi> LOL
<&whatcdmod> You can leave the channel unless you want to give me some details about your "other accounts." :D
<+anon-sbi> Let it happen
<+anon-sbi> You cant spit a shit on me
<+anon-sbi> LOL
<&whatcdmod> Goodbye.
<+anon-sbi> Ok mother fucker.Its fun here
<+anon-sbi> LOL
ROFL
* +anon-sbi ([email protected]) Quit (G-Lined: ...)

* anon-sbi ([email protected]) has joined #what.cd-disabled
* CommandServ sets mode: +v anon-sbi
<+anon-sbi> HAHA
<+anon-sbi> HAHA
<+anon-sbi> how much u can ban me?
<+anon-sbi> Dynamic IPS are always there
<+anon-sbi> different browsers are there
<+anon-sbi> different versions are there
<+anon-sbi> HAHA
* +anon-sbi ([email protected]) Quit (G-Lined: ...)

So keep on "waffling" anon but you're just hurting your friends with bad advice :-)

Edit: I just realized that some people might misunderstand this. For those who don't know, that's one of their cheating tactics.

@Cabalo, no worries I understand. I only mentioned that because they missed my posts.

Cheers

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Yes I did say you cheated on your first account. You triggered the test for RatioMaster which is 100% sure.
Our rules say "One account per person per lifetime."
I hope we are finally clear with that.

Can you post a nick of the account here?
Just for the info :)

I wonder why did your staff offer an interview if they knew I was a cheat and that I even had another account.
I don't mean to disrespect any of you, neither I am complaining about that moderators "bad" decision.
It is reasonable since everything shows you I did something wrong.
I mentioned I logged in from several locations. So maybe that css history tracking fails it's doing there.

A
07-03-2010, 10:01 AM
My personal opinion, with all your knowledge and experience it's a shame you're not working with me :-)
Thats the beauty.Two talented sides working against each other brings out the best of both and make better systems.evil and good go hand in hand,hehe.

As a side comment, I'd add I also don't agree with that whole CSS leak exploit. Especially when this site is included on those queries, as certainly you understand it doesn't really make me happy, but those are the rules of the game, not complaining about them. If I (or any one else) doesn't agree with what you do with your member's privacy, I have a simple solution for that: ask for the account to be disabled.
Why should we stop using a tracker/site?There is always work arounds in stopping such stuff especially when such things are done without user's consent.Its not like we are breaking any rules to begin with.

Btw that irc log was damn funny.

-mn-
07-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I wonder why did your staff offer an interview if they knew I was a cheat and that I even had another account.
I don't mean to disrespect any of you, neither I am complaining about that moderators "bad" decision.
I mentioned I logged in from several locations. So maybe that css history tracking fails it's doing there.

They probably wanted you to admit what you did, nothing more.
CSS history has nothing to do with anything. It's not a coincidence or a mistake.
You even admitted in this thread that you had an account before and you know well which one it is.

This is my very last comment on this subject. Sorry but I have a lot of work to do. :-)

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 10:37 AM

They probably wanted you to admit what you did, nothing more.
CSS history has nothing to do with anything. It's not a coincidence or a mistake.
You even admitted in this thread that you had an account before and you know well which one it is.

This is my very last comment on this subject. Sorry but I have a lot of work to do. :-)
SoundStick/bbutton? xD... really don't know :D

-mn-
07-03-2010, 11:08 AM

Haha I couldn't resist to reply to this.
Both accounts were disabled for ratiomaster and there are more accounts that are dupe with SoundStick.

So we finally have the whole picture about you. Thank you CryBaby. :-)

OlegL
07-03-2010, 12:34 PM
CryBaby, on one hand, you helped the tracker by uploading at least one torrent, but on the other hand, you harmed the tracker by cheating. That's interesting...

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Haha I couldn't resist to reply to this.
Both accounts were disabled for ratiomaster and there are more accounts that are dupe with SoundStick.

So we finally have the whole picture about you. Thank you CryBaby. :-)

Exactly as I thought :)
Should I report to the staff that maybe several more accounts use the same IP sometimes? I tried to explain that to the interviewer but he said it shouldn't be a problem.
I asked you this just to check if you really knew about my old account. I don't see you mentioning that one of these is my dupe. So, I can say you really don't know what you are talking about. These two accounts appear when trying I click on the username bar at a pc of my regular login point.
But it just proves my point.
I got disabled because your staff believes I had dupes that cheated but it really is just the same location/pc with dynamic ip address and more people have access to that computer.

CryBaby, on one hand, you helped the tracker by uploading at least one torrent, but on the other hand, you harmed the tracker by cheating. That's interesting...

Unfortunately that is not correct. They say I cheated on "my" dupes. They never said I cheated on my account.

I do thank you -mn- for trying to explain everything. But I thought I did something wrong on my current account and not something that had been done on "my" dupes.

A
07-03-2010, 12:52 PM
the same location/pc with dynamic ip address and more people have access to that computer.
That argument dosent make a strong case CryBaby.Its not like the staff can come to your place and verify things.An IP makes the identity of an Individual in trackers.If that is compromised,then its really hard to explain yourself.

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 12:54 PM
the same location/pc with dynamic ip address and more people have access to that computer.
That argument dosent make a strong case CryBaby.Its not like the staff can come to your place and verify things.An IP makes the identity of an Individual in trackers.If that is compromised,then its really hard to explain yourself.

Yeah, that's why I asked should that be reported?
My IP changes all the time, so would that look like I'm constantly changing the place of my login...

ca_aok
07-03-2010, 01:21 PM
You apparently don't understand the concept of a dynamic IP range. It's not like your IP switches from America to Egypt randomly.

As for the mystery of his "uploads", isn't uploading one of those things cheaters do in hopes they won't be banned? Like donating?

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 01:33 PM
You apparently don't understand the concept of a dynamic IP range. It's not like your IP switches from America to Egypt randomly.

As for the mystery of his "uploads", isn't uploading one of those things cheaters do in hopes they won't be banned? Like donating?

Why would uploading guarantee you not to get banned?
I do understand that. That's why I'm talking about place of login not country.. haha

-mn-
07-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Of course I expected an answer like that.

Your accounts are not linked by IP. We are not that naive.
Please stop lying it's really tiresome now.

Anyways:
Golden rule #12: "Be careful when sharing an IP or a computer with a friend if they have (or have had) an account. From then on your accounts will be inherently linked and if one of you violates the rules, both accounts will be disabled along with any other accounts linked by IP. This rule applies to logging into the site."

It's also really interesting how all your "friends" got disabled for using ratiomaster, all of you are using the same computer but only you are honest.

This is not going anywhere. You keep using more and more lies so there's no point in discussing anymore.

That's why I was always against these "free reviews" here.

Bottom line, if anyone needs any help, you may come to IRC and you shouldn't be afraid of What.CD staff. We are nice people and you will be treated with respect.
Cheating or lying will not get you anywhere though.

Raban
07-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Crybaby i cant believe this situation turned out this way ... i thought you were legit when you first came on i mean rly guy this is outrageous stuff

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Of course I expected an answer like that.

Your accounts are not linked by IP. We are not that naive.
Please stop lying it's really tiresome now.

Anyways:
Golden rule #12: "Be careful when sharing an IP or a computer with a friend if they have (or have had) an account. From then on your accounts will be inherently linked and if one of you violates the rules, both accounts will be disabled along with any other accounts linked by IP. This rule applies to logging into the site."

It's also really interesting how all your "friends" got disabled for using ratiomaster, all of you are using the same computer but only you are honest.

This is not going anywhere. You keep using more and more lies so there's no point in discussing anymore.

That's why I was always against these "free reviews" here.

Bottom line, if anyone needs any help, you may come to IRC and you shouldn't be afraid of What.CD staff. We are nice people and you will be treated with respect.
Cheating or lying will not get you anywhere though.

They are not my friends... I don't know these people.
Explain to me why would I lie? What do I gain?
You can say you don't know and that you don't care. But really, I am aware that I won't get my account back. But somehow you found out that I have an account that's linked to my current that used ratio master. Now, you find out that even these two mentioned used ratio master and that one guy has many of them linked.
I'm still checking, my nick on the what.cd is CoolWolf. So, am I really the guy you are talking about?

Crybaby i cant believe this situation turned out this way ... i thought you were legit when you first came on i mean rly guy this is outrageous stuff
I didn't expect that either. First, I wasn't even called a cheater. Now I have more than 5 accounts all linked to other accounts that used ratio master and were cheats. And in spite of all that a mod wanted to have a chit-chat with me and waste time. Yeah right!

anon
07-03-2010, 04:20 PM
and see why it's a bad advice:

(Rather extensive chat logs)

:lol:

If you want to change my impression of the What.cd staff, you're definitely on the right path. Those IRC logs really made me laugh :D I'm always eager to read that kind of stuff.

You need five uploads (apart from 25GB uploaded and two weeks of membership) to become Power User and get invites, if this tells you something.

X-Files
07-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Unfortunately that is not correct. They say I cheated on "my" dupes. They never said I cheated on my account.

I do thank you -mn- for trying to explain everything. But I thought I did something wrong on my current account and not something that had been done on "my" dupes.

read the whole story just make me believe u is fuckin dumbass. lies and more lies after every post. stop argument with -mn- about your case, dumbass

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 06:20 PM

read the whole story just make me believe u is fuckin dumbass. lies and more lies after every post. stop argument with -mn- about your case, dumbass

I never treated anyone here with that kind of words. You should try the same thing.

I asked -mn- why would I lie, the same things stands for you.
If I were a cheat I definitely wouldn't be disappointed. Unfortunately I don't know how to make another account and I won't. It's in the rules and I respect them. That's why I asked what to do to replace it.

Cheatos-SBI
07-03-2010, 07:32 PM
hmm, what an awesome "discussion" we have here :)

I want to comment on some parts of -nm-'s post.

so..

What.CD NEVER bans anyone just because you're a member of some site.

Yes What.CD does that, maybe you're talking about a different time but WCD indeed did that before, at least to:
(Someone who flamed me (and got me banned unjustifiably) on a BT-Related board(had trading boards as well) whom i did the same to him and (I) falsely accused of cheating and scamming.)

some of your mods (without revealing their names) instantly believed me and my false home-made proofs and instantly banned that person saying that "i am a good person and thank you".

true what.cd got rid of that user and i got my revenge but you see, what.cd bans people without a proper reason or at least without solid proofs and so on:

Don't ever allow anyone to convince you in that. If you look suspicious we might check your stats more often, though. But we wait for a solid proof always and it's usually a decision of at least 2 or 3 mods when we ban someone.

Some people think they can get away with lies. They come with prepared answers, false screenshots, speedtest, proxies etc.

i did all of these LOL
i prepared an answer,
i had false screens from a locally installed board(vB)
and i used a VPN for mIRC for extra care ;)

PS: now please don't tell (you had extra watch on him' because i am sure you didn't)

Finally i'd like to say:
1. I had an account on What.cd but it got disabled of cheating, so i won't risk it anymore and i don't want to hear more "Nice" words and i'm on waffles atm.
2. If you don't believe the part about that person, you can ask anon for the log(i gave it to him for extra giggles) and it seems you believe and respect anon a lot, But i don't feel its right to give to you and so does anon think, i respect that what.cd staff after all, maybe because he made my wish fast & without hassle.

Regards

Quarterquack
07-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Give up, already.

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Give up, already.

What is there to give up?

Quarterquack
07-03-2010, 08:54 PM
This thread and your pointless blabbering. This could go in one of two ways. What.CD staff finally ignore this thread for good, at which point you don't get what you want, and this feels like a huge waste of time to you. OR, alternatively, they decide to indulge in pointless finger-pointing/bickering with you, at which point your arguments will be out-classed at every step of the way (because you're a cheating baboon) and you will gain nothing out of it, and eventually you will again feel like it was a giant waste of time.

So here I am offering you the chance to redeem whatever time loss the future might hold for you (quite magical, in one frame of reference). Quit now, and accept the fact that it's a done deal for all parties involved. Just. Quit.

X-Files
07-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Give up, already.

What is there to give up?

close this thread. find invite to waffles, vipmusic, btmusic, e****, musictorrents, etc.. k bye

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 09:16 PM
This thread and your pointless blabbering. This could go in one of two ways. What.CD staff finally ignore this thread for good, at which point you don't get what you want, and this feels like a huge waste of time to you. OR, alternatively, they decide to indulge in pointless finger-pointing/bickering with you, at which point your arguments will be out-classed at every step of the way (because you're a cheating baboon) and you will gain nothing out of it, and eventually you will again feel like it was a giant waste of time.

So here I am offering you the chance to redeem whatever time loss the future might hold for you (quite magical, in one frame of reference). Quit now, and accept the fact that it's a done deal for all parties involved. Just. Quit.

Wait, who's saying I want my account back?

babab007
07-03-2010, 10:16 PM

:naughty:

Quarterquack
07-03-2010, 10:17 PM

You're breaking the record for how fast someone can get on my nerves.

What's the bloody point of having this entire thread if you don't want your account back? The whole point of justifying your position/clarifying that What's staff made a mistake are for them to go back on their consequential decision. Otherwise, you're just out yanking people/taking them for a ride, and you've known you were on the wrong side of things all along.

babab007
07-03-2010, 10:22 PM

I still cant stop laughing at the irony of the situation here..

:lol: :lol:

CryBaby
07-03-2010, 10:46 PM

You're breaking the record for how fast someone can get on my nerves.

What's the bloody point of having this entire thread if you don't want your account back? The whole point of justifying your position/clarifying that What's staff made a mistake are for them to go back on their consequential decision. Otherwise, you're just out yanking people/taking them for a ride, and you've known you were on the wrong side of things all along.

It was not I who started throwing accusations.
I simply tried to explain everything.
Point might be none but it's clearly pointed out in the last paragraphs of my first post :)
People even answered my question but accusations/clarifications just kept coming :)
and yeah, I still do not accept the fact that I have hundreds of multi accounts that are all using ratio master and cheat. But only my currently disabled account had no records of cheating.

I'm really surprised that people get mad/feel yanked around on a board that is situated on this whole world wide web thingy.

Quarterquack
07-04-2010, 12:11 AM
It was not I who started throwing accusations.
I simply tried to explain everything.
Point might be none but it's clearly pointed out in the last paragraphs of my first post :)
People even answered my question but accusations/clarifications just kept coming :)
and yeah, I still do not accept the fact that I have hundreds of multi accounts that are all using ratio master and cheat. But only my currently disabled account had no records of cheating.

I'm really surprised that people get mad/feel yanked around on a board that is situated on this whole world wide web thingy.

And with this point made, I gained an ounce for respect for you. No offense intended, this is the only post you've had in this entire thread that didn't make you look like an absolute retard. It seems like every other post was pointless rambling, but you have come out and admitted everything.

Allow me to retort.

You play the cheating game. The rules of the game are, people are caught in the crossfire all the time. The same happens to alt accounts. Simply because you didn't use it to cheat, doesn't warrant contesting a ban when it's handed out to you.

Being at a crime scene (ip range) doesn't mean you committed a felony (cheated ratios), but it sure does mean you're a suspect (ban/probation). Simple logic really. It's clear you were yanking people all along since your first post made it very clear that you weren't a cheater at all, now comes forth the idea that you do, blatantly.

There's no use to being a hypocrite. Being on the internet doesn't justify the whole wasting people's times because they lend it to you over here. You started this thread with the intent of wasting people's time since you clearly knew what you did wrong, but you're surprised when someone points out how annoying it is? Let me paraphrase. It seems really pathetic of you to be entertained by the fact that people get worked up by text on a screen, when you are around for the show, yourself.

sez
07-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Assuming all men are rational,how do you guys who have no prior experience with the OP arrive at the conclusion that he is definitely a ratio cheat.Logically speaking that is.I mean it's understandable for -mn- and whatman to deduce so(albeit the loose ends in their story that urges me to take the OPs word more seriously than theirs) but why such strong opinions on something that probably only the OP has knowledge of?
I would be stupid to believe everything that the OP says but I think it's equally as dumb for anyone to believe that a site of 100,000+ would have an efficiency rate of 100% .

If you've ever lived in a college campus or been around shared networks then am sure it's middle fingers up to that rule #12 and you see such are the kinds of draconian dick rules that leave me questioning why anybody would cling to everything that the what staff say.This rule alone has so many buts that it shouldn't even be there.

I think what.cd needs to start acting like a tracker from this century.Numbers don't lie(if you are rational i.e) ,if you add 1&2 together this is the only tracker that gets these kinds of threads every so often(lets be honest here) and it's again no suprise that if you are looking for the most exquisite and dare I say imaginative set of tracker rules then what.cd is the place.Clearly what.cd isn't entirely as innocent,why always 'I've been disabled on what.cd for no reason?' why not any other normal tracker that isn't so obsessed with bans and account flagging(personally the final straw has been what.cd admitting to digging through a user's browser history.

Whichever way you look at it this shadows near blackhat and it violates privacy no matter the excuse,if the donations are in excess,visit NABUUR.COM and help build a school in Africa with the rest of the money instead of wasting it on your egos.

what.cd is the premiere site for free music the world over (undeniably true) and while it's good to be conscious about security it's a whole other thing being so obsessive compulsive about it (which they are).

A
07-04-2010, 05:00 AM
"Multiple accounts,1 IP,1 PC,RatioMaster users and one Saint in it"imo,The odds outweigh logic however you look at it.Even if CryBaby is saying the truth how do you suggest verify things?

tippertime
07-04-2010, 05:57 AM
it blows my mind that there are people that do things like cheat just to see if they can get away with it...then challenge mods to catch them like thats something they really give a shit about if you can do it or not. Do they think their actions are really doing anything to change peoples opinion of the site? Im just trying to figure out a motive...

I guess if I lived in my parents basement and had a bullshit personality I would understand? has anyone ever given you positive acknowledgment for cheating on a torrent site? whats the point?...4th of july ftw!

CryBaby
07-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Guys, thanks for all your help. I've got an invite to waffles!

X-Files
07-04-2010, 05:24 PM

i missed the post that help you? :unsure:

OlegL
07-04-2010, 05:49 PM

Please don't cheat on waffles and follow their rules. Upload your own stuff and enjoy the community there.

cap87
07-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Can't you see what he is doing? :fear:

It's frustration and trolling on a whole new level.

Skiz
07-05-2010, 12:54 AM

Great.

Closed.