PDA

View Full Version : [Req] PassThePopcorn

carpediemm
06-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi all!

I recently made a request for PTP and eventually I received an invite from a dear fellow:happy:

Unfortunately, this fellow appears to have gotten into trouble and his account was disabled, along with mine:dabs:

I went to PTP's Irc, but they told me that they could do nothing about it.

So here I am again, looking for a kind soul to spare an invite:cool:

anon
06-30-2010, 07:27 PM
I went to PTP's Irc, but they told me that they could do nothing about it.

What did they exactly say?

Note few people will be willing to invite someone that's been banned from the tracker. It could get them in trouble as well.

carpediemm
06-30-2010, 07:54 PM
What did they exactly say?

I asked if they would activate my account again, and they told me something like this: "No, because the one who invited you is an invite trader. Even if you are not one of them, we can't activate it according to the rules, because of the source; a trader.

I clearly explained that I was no trader and that I got the invite by requesting one.

anon
06-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Even if you are not one of them, we can't activate it according to the rules, because of the source; a trader.

That's as unfair as hell, but they still won't like it if you attempt to reregister.

carpediemm
06-30-2010, 08:16 PM
That's as unfair as hell, but they still won't like it if you attempt to reregister.

I did ask them clearly; will you enable my account or must I seek a new invite? And the answer was as written above.

I cannot guarantee that a reregister will go 100% smoothly, but I would not consider the risk very high for the potential inviter. Problems may occur, but as I talked with them, they did not seem to have anything against me, at least from my point of view.

7th
06-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Even if you are not one of them, we can't activate it according to the rules, because of the source; a trader.

I don't think it's that unfair. If the banned user was a trader, how would someone under his tree prove that he didn't get the invite through a trade? :ermm:

Anyway, when I get home I'll try to contact a PTP staff and depending on some things I may invite the OP. But note that I'm not promissing anything here.

OP, could you send me a PM with your former nick at the tracker?

anon
06-30-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't think it's that unfair. If the banned user was a trader, how would someone under his tree prove that he didn't get the invite through a trade? :ermm:

Right, but just because the inviter was a trader doesn't mean everyone else in his tree also is, nor that they should be treated as such.

Champo101
06-30-2010, 11:11 PM

Right, but just because the inviter was a trader doesn't mean everyone else in his tree also is, nor that they should be treated as such.

That is true, but think, If the guy was a trader who invited him, then I think he would've made a trade with him as well. Why would it be any different for the OP? I understand it could, but if he could trade, why wouldn't he. Unless the OP had nothing to offer.
But still. Food for thought I guess.

P2PDog
06-30-2010, 11:18 PM
It's a perfect example of having to take care not only with those you give invites to, but also those you accept invites from.

I agree that it's probably not fair for them to ban him, if in fact he didn't trade for the invite, but chances are the guy he got the invite from had a large invite tree and a lot of those invites were traded or sold. It's not fair for the staff to have to sort through all of those.

carpediemm
06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
I have now asked them at IRC if there will be any problems/consequences inviting me again. Both from my and the inviter's perspective. The answer was no.

7th
07-01-2010, 02:37 AM
I have now asked them at IRC if there will be any problems/consequences inviting me again. Both from my and the inviter's perspective. The answer was no.

Sorry carpediemm but you'll have to keep up with your request here...
You seem to be a nice guy so, good luck!

carpediemm
07-01-2010, 06:42 AM
I can assure you that I did not trade with him, he was just generous. If you want to see our conversation, I can do that.

I did not even know he was a trader before yesterday. Now that I know, I regret that I didn't check deeper in his history beforehand.

But the big question isn't whether I traded or not, rather if the possibly future inviter, together with me, will be safe. And the answer to that I according to PTP staff at IRC: No.

Zac090
07-01-2010, 07:12 AM
why take a risk?

try getting into TC or Goem,both are almost equally good :)

carpediemm
07-01-2010, 07:37 AM
why take a risk?

They told me there was no risk, so why not.

Some time ago I was looking for a movietracker. When I discovered PTP I simply fell in love it it. I like the layout and the website's structure. It's easy to find what you're looking for by browsing director, actor, etc. And there are often multiple choices of which type of quality you want them in. PTP is also the only tracker I have seen which contains all of my favourite movies in the DVD9:)

anon
07-01-2010, 04:49 PM

Cool, there should be no risk for your would-be inviter if your request is fulfilled then.

carpediemm
07-02-2010, 09:04 PM
bump for love

carpediemm
07-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Bump for love:happy:

carpediemm
07-05-2010, 05:56 PM
comon guyz bump for love =D

carpediemm
07-06-2010, 06:19 PM
bump:)