PDA

View Full Version : What.cd re-enabled me for no reason.

Quarterquack
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Quite a unique twist to the norm, if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't start this thread if it weren't for this very solid point put forth by Anon:

I can't check this because people whose offenses you forgive and accounts end up reenabling tend not to make threads about that anywhere.

So here it is. A thread dedicated to the fact that What re-enabled me, as I'm sure they've done to most other reasonable/justified people who happened to pass by their disabled channel.

Considering the situation I was in, I'd have to say they were patient/understanding (I spoke to sickofjesus), contrary to what most people make them out to be; and I figure people have to do pretty severe mistakes in order to be banned/thrown out.

Hallelujah?

anon
07-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Enjoy your account on the best music tracker out there and don't ever get in trouble again. :)

Cabalo
07-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Sickofjesus is one of the few guys modding at what that I've contacted with, and to me he seemed a level headed guy, far from those paranoid fanatics some of the users in the bt world make them look like.

th0r
07-02-2010, 07:45 PM
i'm going to start a thread named, i was invited to what.cd? for no reason

babab007
07-02-2010, 08:18 PM
what are we talking about here...

th0r
07-02-2010, 08:20 PM
i see what you did there . . .

1000possibleclaws
07-02-2010, 08:21 PM
I've always thought their staff team as fair and level-headed. FST has more than its share of fuckwits, it's only natural to expect a pissy whatcd bashing thread every once in a while from a guy who usually has no posts and a trading history or another dupe account.

Nice to see a reasonable person who didn't have to jump through any hoops to get their account back.

babab007
07-02-2010, 08:27 PM
how does one get those green reps here? I dont see any thank you buttons....

anon
07-02-2010, 08:30 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-member-reputation-bt-rep-305880

babab007
07-02-2010, 08:32 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-member-reputation-bt-rep-305880

ty. :frusty:

OlegL
07-02-2010, 09:46 PM
I am glad your what.cd account was re-enabled, ringhunter. :)

A
07-03-2010, 06:44 AM
What.CD staff has always been level headed in my experience.Their staff are well structured and organised and a team of dedicated people who actually want to run a tracker for filesharers instead of something else that we see on a daily basis with other sites.

But there must be some mistake since ringhunter's account was enabled :naughty:

Quarterquack
07-03-2010, 07:26 AM
But there must be some mistake since ringhunter's account was enabled :naughty:

Rudyard Kipling once said

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, And treat those two impostors just the same [you'll be a man]."

I've stuck true to these words to the best of my abilities, thus far, in my life. I didn't stop here. The only issue is, I can't decide which adversary it is. You seem to favor disaster.

A
07-03-2010, 07:36 AM
I was kidding you know ... nvm

nice man . nice
And for what are you spamming mindlessly?

Quarterquack
07-03-2010, 07:57 AM
I was kidding you know ... nvm

I was, too. Although, mine was maybe a bit too subtle for text-based humor. :happy:

Disme
07-03-2010, 08:56 AM
So here it is. A thread dedicated to the fact that What re-enabled me, as I'm sure they've done to most other reasonable/justified people who happened to pass by their disabled channel.

Let me join you in your statement.

Several weeks ago I looked at my UT and saw my What-torrents in shiny red. Tried to login: "account disabled, etc ... go to IRC ..."

I did knew they could have disabled me for one reason only.
Went into the channel ... got to talk with one of their admins.
Told him I saw my account disabled. He told me I knew why I was disabled. I said 'yes, I know'. He could have booted me right than and there but didn't.

I explained him in detail why I thought I was disabled and gave him my explanation. He asked me to wait (guess he went to check my account-activities.
He asked me if there was anybody that could back-up my story and I and told him there were and named him/them.
He re-enabled my account on the spot as a token of good faith and that was it.

It was a mature conversation where the two parties involded (me and the admin) talked to each-other with mutual respect and politeness.

This proved to me they do make 'mistakes', but when they get an explanation (backed-up by one of the most trusted people roaming the 'BT-scene'), they just do the right thing.

Just to show all the haters there are also positive experiences when dealing with the what-staff, but they mostly don't get posted here.

ca_aok
07-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Eh, I've never had a problem with What's staff. I've seen mistakes made and I've seen mistakes corrected, no one is perfect. It doesn't mean they're these evil ogres out to ban their entire site.

babab007
07-03-2010, 07:58 PM
m amazed sometimes though as to how they handle such a large userbase....maybe they should hire professional staff, and pay em too :lol:

IdolEyes787
07-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Quite a unique twist to the norm, if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't start this thread if it weren't for this very solid point put forth by Anon:

I can't check this because people whose offenses you forgive and accounts end up reenabling tend not to make threads about that anywhere.

Considering the situation I was in, I'd have to say they were patient/understanding (I spoke to sickofjesus), contrary to what most people make them out to be; and I figure people have to do pretty severe mistakes in order to be banned/thrown out.

Hallelujah?

I wouldn't say for no reason ,I would say because you're a suck up.:yup:

A
07-03-2010, 08:40 PM

Hallelujah?

I wouldn't say for no reason ,I would say because you're a suck up.:yup:
:schnauz:

awesome man
Second of his kind in this thread. :ermm:

Tv Controls you
07-04-2010, 12:46 AM
I love what.cd, they're staff truly is the best around. Disabled channel staff is so pleasant to deal with and they really keep all your information private.
SickofJesus is hands down my favorite staff member though, he is a straight shooter and is very open about what he does.

I like how they really care about their members and take the time to hear them out.

megabyteme
07-04-2010, 01:25 AM
I hope you get a second chance, TVCY. I know you enjoyed the site. GL. :)

Cabalo
07-04-2010, 06:33 AM
I love what.cd, they're staff truly is the best around. Disabled channel staff is so pleasant to deal with and they really keep all your information private.
SickofJesus is hands down my favorite staff member though, he is a straight shooter and is very open about what he does.

I like how they really care about their members and take the time to hear them out.
LOL.
I had to double check who was posting this. Account hacked was my first thought. :happy:

dandraesley
07-04-2010, 06:58 AM
So, Let me sums questions up (just for my curiousity)

For what reason/kind of mistakes, Disme and ringhunter do so their account was disabled and why can it be re-enabled?

Last, what kind of un-forgiveable mistake we're talking about in what.cd?

The_Martinator
07-04-2010, 08:52 AM
It was a mature conversation where the two parties involded (me and the admin) talked to each-other with mutual respect and politeness.

In other words, you were sucking up to him. :lol:

Seriously, good to hear ringhunter and Disme. Mistakes can occur and I think I'm just lucky that I haven't been on the wrong side of one yet.

Disme
07-04-2010, 09:43 AM
For what reason/kind of mistakes, Disme and ringhunter do so their account was disabled and why can it be re-enabled?

Can't speak for Ringhunter, but I didn't make a mistake :happy:.

I won't go in detail due to numerous reasons but let's just say the What-staff was under the impression I might be breaking their rules, until I explained the situation.

WhatMan
07-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Tv Controls you, you're going to get carpal tunnel syndrome and dangerously high blood pressure if you keep making all these anti-What.CD posts here. Are you aware that we have a fair trial policy on IRC, for people who are honest with us?

Perhaps it would be better for your health if you came to IRC for another interview. You can talk to me this time. Prepare to be honest.

Quarterquack
07-04-2010, 02:46 PM

Can't speak for Ringhunter, but I didn't make a mistake :happy:.

I won't go in detail due to numerous reasons but let's just say the What-staff was under the impression I might be breaking their rules, until I explained the situation.

The exact same applies to me.

If you want details, someone used my name to try and buy a BMTV invite. It was only logical to have me disabled, so I have no gripes with their original decision.

sez
07-04-2010, 02:54 PM

Hallelujah?

boohoo! Dick riding :ghey: <--Jk:P but it's good you got your account back.Same to disme.What shouldn't be lost though is that they do make mistakes,some get corrected but some don't.

Tv Controls you
07-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Just got re-enabled at what.cd, had a nice chat with Whatman about the past year and half or so.

I must say it went over very professionally, and he was very forgiving for my previous mistakes.
The fact that I could even have a private chat pertaining to my what.cd account, was just beyond generous..

Thanks what.cd and whatman, I'm so glad we sorted out this year long issue.

becomehokage
07-05-2010, 09:49 PM
quite a unique twist to the norm, if i'm not mistaken. I wouldn't start this thread if it weren't for this very solid point put forth by anon:

i can't check this because people whose offenses you forgive and accounts end up reenabling tend not to make threads about that anywhere.

so here it is. A thread dedicated to the fact that what re-enabled me, as i'm sure they've done to most other reasonable/justified people who happened to pass by their disabled channel.

Considering the situation i was in, i'd have to say they were patient/understanding (i spoke to sickofjesus), contrary to what most people make them out to be; and i figure people have to do pretty severe mistakes in order to be banned/thrown out.

Hallelujah?
cool story bro !

ca_aok
07-06-2010, 02:31 AM
Well fuck, we're just one big happy family again :o

Except for CryBaby :lol:

Disme
07-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Except for CryBaby :lol:

What's in a name ...

diaoooo
07-06-2010, 09:28 AM
I've got in trouble a few times in the beginning too. Thus, I've really learned a lot.

AdrianPhoto
07-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Sickofjesus is a nice guy, my account was disabled and he help through the process of re-enabling it, but you see, that doesn't make up for the rest of the crewed up staff there..
ringhunter, you were lucky

Theseus
07-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Adrien, I'm hurt.

Theseus
07-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Adrien, I'm hurt.

crdjhtw66
10-27-2011, 10:58 PM
In this thread I want to tell thanks with all my heart to jowa_cd - admin from What.CD - the sensitive, decent and fair person, which has considered my problem and has given me the benefit of the doubt and re-enabled my account despite of set of concurrences with user which live in one region with me.