PDA

View Full Version : CN Fact and Fiction

bumrocks
07-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Obviously such a post is an open invitation for bashing, flaming, and other such FST shenanigans. Hopefully, some will get something out of it besides that.

I have heard alot of mumbo jumbo of how demandingly active you must be to be a member of CN. False. Yes, there are lots of features (that no other site has, btw) but none of them need be ever used. This site can be used as simply as any other site with the same basic rules...You are expected to seed and leech. If you don't do these 2 simple things then you will get disabled. If you are one to "care" about promotions in class, then yes, more is expected of you. That should be expected though. Unlike other sites, being an all-around user is rewarded as opposed to being a simple ratio whore.

Movie tracker only. Movies and just movies.

There have been 81 active users in the last 30 minutes.

There are over 10,000 alive (seeded) torrents.

Online Since: 2008-08-22

There are a little over 2,000 users.

There are 110 people on the main irc channel.

Anyone can upload.

A complete monthly cost report is available to all in regards to exactly where all funds go.

To join irc you need SSL, btw.

BD/BR: about 1000 torrents
HD: about 2000 torrents
x264/SD: about 1000 torrents
XviD: about 8500 torrents
DVD-R: around 400 torrents

We have about 50 packs but we chose not to allow anymore over a year ago now. 46 of the 50 are alive with seeders.

On a side note...

Nobody is perfect. Neither are I and the rest of the staff. BUT I believe most of us are easily approachable. Many have PMed me here in regards to being disabled for any number of reasons. All have been enabled except one, I believe. Besides that, most of the staff members don't post here. So, it is unfair to judge them by my or others actions here. Nuff said.

Let the shit-blizzard begin...

Edit: Changes made and things in the works...

We don't allow RARed files anymore. And very soon we will be implementing new rules in regards to duplicate size movie torrents and not allowing them unless trumped. All are in agreements that the number of releases by so many groups are getting out of hand and redundant. As mentioned before we are working on a new category system as well.

ca_aok
07-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I think I've already let you guys know my views in your own forum, which are really where they belong (assuming you're actually a member).

Anyway I think this thread is a good step forward, the biggest problem at this moment is still trying to pretend to be secret/private. The more open you are, the less traders/sellers/retards you have to deal with.

I've never had a request go unfilled there, that's certainly worth mentioning :)

1000possibleclaws
07-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Let the shit-blizzard begin...

Haha you might be the only staff member I don't loathe on that site. How many peers ya guys got? Sounds like you're Goem but with a shitload more bells and whistles, and probably alot less peers. Get a ton of new members that aren't private-invite-forum mongs, sack the cunts on your staff team (ie everyone but Ein and you, and you're debatable), and you might become the most practical movie tracker as well.

/constructive criticism

ps: nice damage control ya fucking prick. iKiller getting u to do the dirty work as usual

soulreaper
07-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Questions- How does CN compare to PTP in terms of content?
Would a guy who's a member of Goem,PTP and Demonoid benefit from being at CN?

X-Files
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Questions- 1) How does CN compare to PTP in terms of content?
2) Would a guy who's a member of Goem,PTP and Demonoid benefit from being at CN?

1) PTP is better, well-seed, every encode properly organise
2) no. unless you like to be secret (in-fact everyone know :ermm:)

soulreaper
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM
2) Would a guy who's a member of Goem,PTP and Demonoid benefit from being at CN?

Haha,thx! :)

Funkin'
07-10-2010, 06:29 PM
sack the cunts on your staff team

Although I do agree with you, I would have put it a little differently. Like...if some personnel changes were to be made, not only would the tracker be top notch(which I always thought it was when I was a member), but the site as a whole would be top notch also.

bumrocks
07-10-2010, 06:39 PM

1) I am not a member of PTP and I am not a pedo. We are currently in the process of organizing our categories though.

2) The uber secret shit is getting old like Idoleyes. Obviously a thread like this is meant to dis-spell that.

ps: nice damage control ya cool motha fucka. iKiller getting u to do the dirty work as usual. Prob not since you are such a badass. Damn bum, I really like you.

This was my idea and my writing. Did I tell other staff members what I was going to do? Yes and the higher ups like iKiller OK'd it.

1000possibleclaws
07-10-2010, 06:40 PM
sack the cunts on your staff team

Although I do agree with you, I would have put it a little differently

Politics smolitics. If U believe your constructiveness in your wording will get u a result, well you have more faith in idiots than is probably good for U.:rolleyes:

ps: nice damage control ya cool motha fucka. iKiller getting u to do the dirty work as usual. Prob not since you are such a badass. Damn bum, I really like you.

This was my idea and my writing. Did I tell other staff members what I was going to do? Yes and the higher ups like iKiller OK'd it.

yeah yeah we all know you're well read enough to come out with coherent paragraphs. Would like to see iKiller's attempt at PR, that'd be a sure-fire riot

bumrocks
07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I think I've already let you guys know my views in your own forum, which are really where they belong (assuming you're actually a member).

Anyway I think this thread is a good step forward, the biggest problem at this moment is still trying to pretend to be secret/private. The more open you are, the less traders/sellers/retards you have to deal with.

I've never had a request go unfilled there, that's certainly worth mentioning :)

I just kicked you from channel...So you would know it was me. If this is really you that is. ;)

mrnobody
07-10-2010, 06:46 PM
thanks for keeping fst alive :D

ermtheory
07-10-2010, 06:54 PM
cn is a new site , isnt it ?

anon
07-10-2010, 06:56 PM

For fuck's sake, how many accounts do you plan on making here?

bumrocks
07-10-2010, 06:57 PM

Online Since: 2008-08-22

anon
07-10-2010, 07:02 PM
can you see ip's ?

Yes, and you can do it too if you go here:
http://www.cmyip.com/

X-Files
07-10-2010, 07:02 PM

For fuck's sake, how many accounts do you plan on making here?

next candidate for cn staff?

anon
07-10-2010, 07:05 PM

I'm already hated enough :D

X-Files
07-10-2010, 07:06 PM

I'm already hated enough :D

i vote for you if they run on democratic :D

IdolEyes787
07-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Unlike other sites, being an all-around user is rewarded as opposed to being a simple ratio whore.

Whore is so ......common .I prefer the term " person of dubious ratio morals" .
Or crack ratio whore so that way at least no one knows I'm simple.:mellow:

Nothing against CN ,some of the staff are no doubt uncaring ,unreasonable pricks but then aren't we all?Anyway it's just bt so the worst thing anyone can do to you here is like getting slapped by a baby with a foam kitten in real life.
Besides I've never found bumrocks to be anything less than stand-up so delusional me will take everything he says as fact.

bumrocks
07-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Unlike other sites, being an all-around user is rewarded as opposed to being a simple ratio whore.

Whore is so ......common .I prefer the term " person of dubious ratio morals" .
Or crack ratio whore so that way at least no one knows I'm simple.:mellow:

Besides I've never found bumrocks to be anything less than stand-up so delusional me will take everything he says as fact.

You must be dilusional because I am sitting down. And being a crack whore that I am I spend alot of time on my back or face down doing some pillow biting. So note that I am less than stand-up at most times.

On a side note...

anon-sbi has received much hate, elsewhere at least. There is even a staff thread at another forum dedicated to him and all his aliases and IP's. I have even ventured into the SB forum he staffs at and yes you/he is into some devious shizzle. Yet you seem to be a helpful and knowledgeable guy here at FST. What is your story? Why all the cheat shit? Just curious. Not hatin'.

anon
07-10-2010, 08:29 PM
anon-sbi has received much hate, elsewhere at least. There is even a staff thread at another forum dedicated to him and all his aliases and IP's.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. Looks like I'm more famous than I thought. :lol:

Yet you seem to be a helpful and knowledgeable guy here at FST. What is your story? Why all the cheat shit? Just curious. Not hatin'.

You can begin reading from here if interested:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-to-ban-or-not-to-banthis-is-the-q-379218-post3335927#post3335927

That's my first post. I got an infraction for it, so I only need to go to my User CP for quick access. :lol:

ca_aok
07-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I just kicked you from channel...So you would know it was me. If this is really you that is. ;)
It's pretty well known that I am who I am here. Unlike many others I have nothing to hide. :)

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. Looks like I'm more famous than I thought. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/laugh.gif
Not sure if we're thinking of the same place here but I've seen at least one of those threads. So I'd wager there are several ;)

karachidude
07-10-2010, 08:59 PM
That's my first post. I got an infraction for it, so I only need to go to my User CP for quick access. :lol:

idol gave me a infraction aswell for posting in the wrong section or somethin,on my first day on the forum,fst was my first forum and only source at that time,damn u idol,lets boycott him :mad3:

1000possibleclaws
07-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Why all the cheat shit? Just curious. Not hatin'.

nice guy + cheater = bumrocks does not compute.

Does anon contradict your bittorrent axioms dictating cheaters and traders are prime evil for trackers? What was the real point turning in all those heads. Cause I'm thinking, why are you spending your time trying to fix an economy made up of 90% braindead twats?

anon
07-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Not sure if we're thinking of the same place here but I've seen at least one of those threads. So I'd wager there are several ;)

Can you feel the love? :fst:

idol gave me a infraction aswell for posting in the wrong section or somethin

In my case it was Cabalo that infracted me. :happy:

karachidude
07-10-2010, 09:07 PM
oops :blushing: but lets still boycott him :lol:

Mokhtar
07-10-2010, 09:11 PM
i like cn, but maybe has some idiots there on staff. i like ikiller!
problem with cn is atitude staff have outside, they act like gods and all people make fun of their. many hate them because is easy to hate how they act. its a normal tracker with different rules, not good some staff. bumrocks is good one, but devil666 is crap idiot for example.

karachidude
07-10-2010, 09:25 PM
cn's encoding team tbh is doin a good job,there rips are small in size and the quality is pretty nice,and also they mostly unrar the scene stuff before uploading,ratio is the easiest to keep there..all in all a winning tracker :D

i though have a issue in my mind which i would raise on there forums,when or if i have done some homework on it

babab007
07-10-2010, 09:41 PM
CN is by far the sexiest tracker i have seen. And during the past year it has done a lot to shed its l33t tag (which is great imo)
i havent downloaded a movie for months now......
i'll skip tonight too, since uruguay lost, m not in the mood atm.

IdolEyes787
07-10-2010, 09:58 PM
It's pretty well known that I am who I am here. . :)

You're Popeye?

Champo101
07-10-2010, 10:11 PM
As you all know I created this whole thing with FST and CN, and I want to put in my 2 cents on this issue.

I think CN's staff team is full of helpful people and I like all of them. CN has great content, sweet customizations on site, a neat forum and a pretty swell set of rules. The one I broke, I'm not saying I dislike it because it got me banned, but that Traders are MUCH more likely to trade invites/accounts From CN because of the fact that it wants to be secret in a way. That rule is one that really sets itself up for these traders. It may sound weird as it has no relation to trading but the fact that it's a rule that states that some content on site is to ONLY be viewed by members is very exciting for traders when they find a person who is not so used to using private trackers and says: "Hey man, I'll take your Demonoid invite for a CN invite. It's a secret site." If you aren't a trader, imagine if you were. How tempting would that offer be? In my opinion: very. I just think that rule is tempting for traders. And by my thoughts above, I'm not trying to sound like a kissass lol.

IdolEyes787
07-10-2010, 10:27 PM
As you all know I created this whole thing with FST and CN.

Just so you know there is nothing between FST and CN.This talk is just that -talk.Anyone that cares or takes it seriously should have his head examined or his priorities realigned or something.
At least it's that way for any of us with half a brain or any sense of humour.
Egyptians * accepted of course.

*No Egyptians were injured in the making or this statement.

1000possibleclaws
07-10-2010, 11:16 PM
As you all know I created this whole thing with FST and CN.

Whatever 'thing' you think you created was around well before your sign up date here. But idoleyes is right, I don't think either side gives fuck all for the other, it's all just talk.

Champo101
07-10-2010, 11:21 PM
I still consider my self a n00b here. My 204 posts say nothing. My join date and activity does. Live and learn. I agree with Idol too.

1000possibleclaws
07-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm not dissing your sign-up date don't get me wrong those mean nothing to me, I'm not one to sign up to new trackers just to have some awesome sign up date either. Means nothing to anyone important. I meant you didn't start any bad blood between the two sites, you're just caught in the middle of a load of horseshit. :lol:

Champo101
07-10-2010, 11:35 PM
lol I guess I am :D

NippleCake
07-11-2010, 12:27 AM
More attention for CN, really? The staff seem to want to live of it now, rather than avoid it.

puckface
07-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Holy Fuck.

Cabalo
07-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Holy Fuck.
QFT.
Is this an official statement of "no more secrecy bullshit" for CN ?

Quarterquack
07-11-2010, 02:48 AM
thanks for keeping fst alive :D

The only post in this thread worth an echo. Thanks for putting a smile on my face, chinchi11as. :)

Polarbear
07-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Bottom line: CN needs more members.

xuxoxux
07-11-2010, 04:26 AM

Exacto! :P
Was expecting this somewhere as I caught up on this thread....but page 5... :P

Oh well, seems like unless you have a very loyal user group (with credit cards in hand hahaha), you need more members. :/

bumrocks
07-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Donations are at 70%. This has nothing to do with needing more members and their money. But I understand how small minded haters are quick to point to this. Especially after the last announcement, as well. Understandable. Do we want more members? Yes. But this thread was started more to inform people about what the site was really about as opposed to the bullshit stories going around. Nobody asked me to do this thread. I only asked if I could do this thread.

I expected all the hating. But I can handle it. Is there some sort of hate war going on between FST and CN? Some have said so, but many many times, including right now, I have defended FST and the decent people here...Therefore, I say no to the hate war. There are people at CN that hate FST and there are those at FST that hate CN. But the same can be said between most sites and FST. Because I am in the minority I choose to post about CN and what it is about. Nobody has done the choosing of me or for me.

My response to TSOL, TrueSounds, or whatever the fook you want to call yourself. I know very little about you except for any and all interaction here at this site. Regardless, of what you think of me, in a strange way I can't but help like or at least somewhat respect you. Whatever happened between you and CN must have been some bad shit...I say this since you seem to have strong feelings about the whole situation. Oh yeah, in regards to your statement about anon-sb and me. Simple curiosity is all. Nothing more or less.

For most others without issuing a long list of names, I could give a rats ass about you, who you think you are, what you pretend to be, etc. You might fool some with your pretend coolness but I am smarter than most and can read between the lines. I know you're not cool in "real life" and therefore suck at being cool online.

To clear another thing up. Cabalo. He is in my friends list. Whether I am in his or not I have no idea. I know all the bad shit that went down between him and CN but I still like the guy. I make mention of this because I have received PMs in regards to things said between him and I on this site. I liked him better before he was a mod here but never-the-less he is still good in my book. If you are genuine and have strong beliefs I can respect that whether I agree or not. As I think Idol said...We can all be dicks at times.

Yes, I know I have opened myself up for more bashing...But I can manage. Bring it on bitches.

Quarterquack
07-11-2010, 06:08 AM
You seriously need a bad cop to tag along for this routine, bumrocks. You can't pull off both jobs on your own.

A
07-11-2010, 06:15 AM
I know you're not cool in "real life"
You do not know him and yet you make assumptions like those.

and therefore suck at being cool online.
Being cool in internet means you are also cool outside the net?Moreover "being cool" is relative.

You might fool some with your pretend coolness but I am smarter than most
Smarter =/ Psychic.And a "smart guy" always needs to reassure himself that he is "smart" :yup:

P.S: Dont get me wrong,I aint one of those in CN hate bandwagon(Although some of it is BS).Couldnt agree with the above,thats all.

bumrocks
07-11-2010, 06:18 AM
You seriously need a bad cop to tag along for this routine, bumrocks. You can't pull off both jobs on your own.

They would just fuck it up for me...Me, myself, and I are all on the same page.

Couldnt agree with the above,thats all.

Fair enough. My opinions are just that...Mine. Doesn't mean they are right. Part of my statements are incorrect in that some just take this shit too seriously and aren't trying to be cool...They are just dumbasses without a life. But that is just me thinking outloud with a keyboard. I know to of your various strife's but I have no issue with you personally. I am just responding to your statements and not speaking of you.

Polarbear
07-11-2010, 06:41 AM

This has nothing to do with needing more members ... Do we want more members? Yes.
:mellow:

megabyteme
07-11-2010, 07:00 AM
CN is a very nice site. I don't make use of it's unique features, but admire those who have spent a LOT of time designing and programming to make it what it is.

As for the staff, my interactions have been brief, but no one has ever given me the slightest indication of being an ass. Never.

I also noticed a number of members who recognized my name from there, and went out of their way to say, "hi" on other sites.

So, what do we have...?

1. A site that has been conceived and implemented to be fun and unique.
2. Staff who want to keep the site nice- or they wouldn't put so much effort into it in the first place.
3. A large number of truly friendly members who are nice even when it doesn't benefit "status" or post count.

CN is one of my favorite sites. I do end up grabbing quite a few movies from there, because they are not the same 0-day that most other sites get. And, even if there are only a few seeders, I have always gotten my files in a reasonable amount of time.

As for the comparison with CN and PtP, not much of a contest since the pedo scandal. PtP is dying. I believe the site is hurting for members as I have been given 2 invites (no, don't ask) in the past week-ish. I am not active, not a PU, and don't know staff there. I have also never had invites I did not "buy" with my seeding activity. It was a nice site before the scandal. This example should remain fresh in the mind of other site staff- there are lines that should not be crossed.

1000possibleclaws
07-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Whatever happened between you and CN must have been some bad shit...I say this since you seem to have strong feelings about the whole situation.

Yeah, between receiving blackmail threats to 'expose me' (with my schools ip address and email :rolleyes:), having iKiller tell your members to spam threads on FST as a means of hiding a CN thread, iKiller himself coming on FST once in a blue moon to throw some spastic self indulgent fit, god knows what else I don't remember. It's not so much what happened to me directly, but a culmination of what I've witnessed since your sites inception that has shaped my feelings.

I don't think I've ever been outspoken negatively against any tracker besides yours. I'll always point out flaws I see, but I have never attempted a crusade against any of them because no other tracker worth mentioning has been run top down by such unsociable egomaniacs.

1000possibleclaws
07-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Yeah we filtered their url regardless of how inept they are at their relations with us. After all, we aren't complete scum over at FST.

MiNiMAL
07-11-2010, 09:08 AM
cn ftw!

IdolEyes787
07-11-2010, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=TrueSounds;3483023]

/edit: fst filter cn name for secret bs? i edit it so it appear
I hate to tell you but some scumbag reported you for bypassing filters.

A
07-11-2010, 12:24 PM
As for the comparison with CN and PtP, not much of a contest since the pedo scandal. PtP is dying.
PtP's main attraction atleast for me is the perfectly arranged collections.That alone makes the tracker unique from others.The various features,bonus points and a sexy design(cineaste style sheet <3) makes the tracker one of the best Movie trackers in BT.

As for the tracker dying or not,vast majority over there are for the content and dosent bother with the BT politics and stuff.Its only 11th of this month and donations are already 75% and a very good number of new torrents are uploaded everyday.I dont see it having bad times in anyway.

lol

Funkin'
07-11-2010, 01:26 PM
If U believe your constructiveness in your wording will get u a result,

I just try to be a little more polite in my responses than others around here. :dabs:

puckface
07-11-2010, 01:56 PM
I really appreciate the comedic value of this thread.

1000possibleclaws
07-11-2010, 04:50 PM

what the fuck, i should ban his ass. then unban him due to public opinion.

bumrocks
07-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Whatever happened between you and CN must have been some bad shit...I say this since you seem to have strong feelings about the whole situation.

Yeah, between receiving blackmail threats to 'expose me' (with my schools ip address and email :rolleyes:)...

That is some bogus ass shit. Hopefully that staff member isn't there anymore. A perfect example of people taking shit too seriously. In this case from CN...These people are everywhere and not just here. I am not naive.

I know it doesn't really mean shit, but my apologies.

DonkeyPacker
07-11-2010, 06:55 PM
FBI and JP are also really nice guys. Just thought I should throw that out there.

megabyteme
07-11-2010, 07:14 PM
PtP's main attraction atleast for me is the perfectly arranged collections.That alone makes the tracker unique from others.The various features,bonus points and a sexy design(cineaste style sheet <3) makes the tracker one of the best Movie trackers in BT.

As for the tracker dying or not,vast majority over there are for the content and dosent bother with the BT politics and stuff.Its only 11th of this month and donations are already 75% and a very good number of new torrents are uploaded everyday.I dont see it having bad times in anyway.

lol

I don't wish them a downfall the way others may, but the front page of torrents seems more sparsely seeded than before the scandal. I had deleted my bookmark, and was ready to let my membership go, but found a hard-to-find title there. Honestly, I don't have the same good feelings about the site I did before. There is a taint there, and I don't know if it will ever go completely away...

A
07-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't wish them a downfall the way others may, but the front page of torrents seems more sparsely seeded than before the scandal.
Obscure movies wont get snatches.Many movies which get uploaded are not popular ones.Check the seeders/snatchers for relatively popular stuff.

puckface
07-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't wish them a downfall the way others may, but the front page of torrents seems more sparsely seeded than before the scandal.
Obscure movies wont get snatches.Many movies which get uploaded are not popular ones.Check the seeders/snatchers for relatively popular stuff.

The catch there being: you can get relatively popular stuff anywhere, why would you want to have another tracker for relatively popular stuff?

1000possibleclaws
07-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Having a tracker for packs is pretty damn stupid. Just thought I should throw that out there.

Also, it seems that every sucker in btt has turned into whores for pointless gimmicks. Have lost faith in people I once thought were cool dudes. I can't stand even half the people I 'trust' anymore. Maybe I'm just getting a bit old for all this and should fuck myself off to the lounge for good/. :dabs:

stoi
07-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Pretty sure ratio is a pointless gimmick as well, IE: BT was never meant to be ratioed, it was private trackers, and yes home made ones, (no one has done a profesional one yet) that took it upon themselves to do ratio.

IMHO whatever anyone does, CN with what they do, us with SP, FTN with ratioless, etc, is moving on from the ratio system, which has to be a good thing, because Global Ratio by itself, sucks donkey balls.

but whatever floats your boat i suppose. dont like it leave, if you have already left why harp on about it.

1000possibleclaws
07-11-2010, 09:52 PM
IMHO whatever anyone does, yaddayaddayadda, sucks donkey balls.

How does this make sense, or am I reading it wrong? You are saying your own system sucks, then why do you do it?

I'm harping on because there are still a few people stickin around who I can relate with. But I'll be gone soon enough dont you worry.

stoi
07-11-2010, 09:58 PM
read it properly.

Global Ratio by itself sucks donkey balls.

We have SP so we DO NOT have global ratio by itself.

kingeater
07-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Stoi, completely agree with the ratio thing, standalone Global Ratio is bogus, any kid with enough money to burn on a good server can get 10 TB up, and it does not prove a thing.

Not really directed towards anybody/anywhere in general, but I always looked at CN as the place that has movies that most people would never have heard of/would ever see anywhere else, trackers or otherwise. Tis why I started encoding in the first place anyways :D

Having a tracker for packs is pretty damn stupid. Just thought I should throw that out there.

Also, it seems that every sucker in btt has turned into whores for pointless gimmicks. Have lost faith in people I once thought were cool dudes. ....

That is a pretty effective statement that seems to sum up much of the problems with the BT scene at the moment. Everybody seems to want to get to a tracker with 3 asterisks in its name, or WHARGARBL as the nickname of the site, since it is so rare/1337/great community. Do you know what pretty much has the best community known to BT? goem. Never hear it really in the WTAW threads, trader circles, or in most of the "What's the best site you are at?" threads. Just nice, friendly, talk about anything you want, laugh at the funniest shit forums.

/rant
//CN is cool, forums are ok, IRC is awesome
///goem is still my hoem though :P

ca_aok
07-12-2010, 12:53 AM
What happened TSOL? Just curious, if you don't mind me asking, feel free to shoot me a PM.

As for the bad blood between these two sites, I'm not certain that will ever be fixed. I've presented my argument to both parties and neither side seems willing to make the compromises and sacrifices necessary to path things up.

th0r
07-12-2010, 01:00 AM
forget t.s.o.l. pming you, he should post it here and let the shit fly

Do you know what pretty much has the best community known to BT? goem.you must be pretty new to the bt community scene

Champo101
07-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Truesounds, what happened to your mod status? If that question bothers you showing it in public if you haven't already, PM me. If it just bothers you, no need to respond. I'm just a curious cunt.

Also, I agree with Truesounds. The reason is, if you like packs, go to any site and d/l packs from there. Pack only sites are kind of dumb. Any other reason would kind of take up the page lol.

1000possibleclaws
07-12-2010, 01:35 AM

Also, it seems that every sucker in btt has turned into whores for pointless gimmicks. Have lost faith in people I once thought were cool dudes.

This guy sure knows what he's talking about.

no shit left to fly, staffing a forum filled with ya'll was stressing me the fuck out. I need some distance between myself and all these obsessions and illusions most people have here myself included that are frankly a waste of goddamn time. I think iKiller said it best with his 'get a life' rant a few days back. Who am I to say what people should like. If two thousand people are into this kinda shit, then good on em.

IdolEyes787
07-12-2010, 02:32 AM

Do you know what pretty much has the best community known to BT? goem.you must be pretty new to the bt community scene
It's an opinion you don't have to necessarily agree with it( although I tend to as it's one of the few sites where people are still mostly there for the content and not the associated bullshit or their own egos) but no need to cast aspersions over it either.
I'm more or less on the same page as TrueSounds in that I can't stand the majority of "active" bt members who seem more concerned about the superfluous shit and status than the actual stuff that they are actually downloading.

Btw what is the "best community " then? Wanks like HDBits that are so anal in their quest for "perfection" that they have taken any possible fun out of the process of watching movies or for that matter just being a simple member or places like FSC or iTS where "community" now seems to mean little more than spamming and adhering to the "I'm just the same as everyone else ethos " and God forbid don't be a non-conformist .

kingeater
07-12-2010, 03:06 AM
OK, I can see where I really shouldn't have used the word "best" there, in retrospect it seems more like a troll-baiting term than towards what I wanted to get at. Basically all I wanted to say was goem is the most laid back community I have ever been in. There's no crazy flamewars against other trackers/forums, no perception of being looked down upon if you are lacking in knowledge, and just an overall happy and friendly place to be a part of. It is the tracker I started with quite a while ago, and I still consider it my hoem after all of this time. Nothing meant to be a flame in means of saying it was the best, just pointing out what community really means is all.

For tl;dr, goem is a laid back and friendly place, shouldn't have used the word 'best', sorry for any flaming I caused. Sit back, have a nice cold one, and enjoy the day :D

th0r
07-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Btw what is the "best community " then?
in retrospect it seems more like a troll-baiting term than towards what I wanted to get at.i apologize, i totally bit because i tend to troll when i get bored w/ the same types of conversations around here; i get where you're coming from when you think you've found the best community to be a part of. i'm a member of a handful of art/design forums where i find that the best community is something i can immerse myself into and also, at the end of the day, take something away from, rather than contributing the bare minimum by logging into a bt tracker account every few days, posting maybe once or twice in the forums and snagging a couple of small torrents, which is pretty much what my private bittorent tracker memberships have become

as for cn, i don't know any of the staff members there (maybe bumrocks) or how they run their tracker, and i'm not really following all of the poo that is being flung and whether it's true or not, but if they can create and maintain a small, tight-knit community that their members want to be a part of, more power to them; seeing as how i'm not a member of cn (i guess my invite application was denied), it's not really my business to be commenting on how they run their shit w/ any confidence, if i did at all, i don't remember

Quarterquack
07-12-2010, 04:18 AM
no shit left to fly, staffing a forum filled with ya'll was stressing me the fuck out. I need some distance between myself and all these obsessions and illusions most people have here myself included that are frankly a waste of goddamn time. I think iKiller said it best with his 'get a life' rant a few days back. Who am I to say what people should like. If two thousand people are into this kinda shit, then good on em.

Do it for the lulz/morons, to be honest. You didn't do it to prove that you're right. You argued with people because you knew they were wrong. You could have been just as wrong, you could have been the pot calling the kettle black, but then so fucking what? The kettle is bloody black. My mantra is sticking to the truth, and if that means calling idiots idiots, then who's to say I shouldn't? Maybe you're at the point where you grew weary of the same old arguments, maybe I'm the immature brat that refuses to let it go; but you know what? I'm fine with it. I will continue calling idiots idiots, and I don't think you should stop because a couple of buffoons broke their sweat trying to reason with you.

logging into a bt tracker account every few days, posting maybe once or twice in the forums and snagging a couple of small torrents, which is pretty much what my private bittorent tracker memberships have become

Which is what should be done, to be blunt. If a tracker truly believes that it's bleeding because there's not enough "8/10, awesome movie" posts on it, then the staff and the active members are all bloody idiots. I've finally given up on the whole community participation thing on trackers, most of my posts have been reduced to a trolling farce, and I've generally conceded defeat, considering it seems like anyone I talk to is just out of high school, and has just as much understanding over any concept that's not related to pretimes as a dung-beetle has towards Japanese.

Being an active part of forums/irc/competitions is a waste of time, and although I do admit to being part of that crap before, I've found out I was just wearing myself down faster than I would otherwise.

No one should look for a community in a private tracker, and that's what I've finally found out, so you know what, if you feel like you're a terrible member by doing the bare minimum; take my advice. I'm someone who's done the opposite and is now willing to flip the switch and turn into you.

kingeater
07-12-2010, 04:19 AM
Don't worry th0r, you didn't have to apologize for anything, just wanted to get my point a little clearer than what I originally stated it. You basically said the same thing I was thinking in retrospect to a good community: you enjoy it, contribute what you can, and if you're lucky, get something back in return. The reason I brought it up was basically what the last sentence in your first paragraph states: most BT forums are just legislated spamfests now (see SeX as a recent example), and it does not feel "organic", if that makes any sense.

Also, on the original topic, never had any issues whatsoever with any of the staff there (or anywhere else for that matter). Had great times in IRC with them, have no issues personally with any of them, and really want to stay away from the other thread's topic as far as humanly possible :P

@ringhunter: you basically nailed my point on the head (sort of): if participating in IRC/Forums on a tracker is a chore/unenjoyable/useless and mandatory, it becomes a complete spamfest and a huge waste of time and energy. If you find a place and enjoy it, it does not feel like you wasted every second there on mindless shit. Or at least that's how I approach it.

1000possibleclaws
07-12-2010, 04:47 AM
I will continue calling idiots idiots, and I don't think you should stop because a couple of buffoons broke their sweat trying to reason with you.

LOL reading back I guess my last post sounds kinda defeatist. Well yeah, I'm not taking back a word I've recently said about this, I guess just need a break from being trying to be everyones personal savior in what has become a retarded game at best for alot of us. Feel free to take up my reigns, it would suck if a day came when noone was left but these freakin zombies and shit-puppets and self-aggrandizing narcissists.

Supervisor
07-12-2010, 07:47 AM
...(i guess my invite application was denied)...

You should receive a reply from us, if you don't that means your app is yet to be reviewed. However if you said you are simply interested in checking our overal design that shouldn't get you in :b

th0r
07-12-2010, 07:55 AM
no worries if i don't get in; tbh, i probably wouldn't use the tracker as much as i should, according to your rules, anyways. by the way, i make a (good) living doing design, so naturally i'm curious when i visit brand new websites

A
07-12-2010, 12:57 PM
The catch there being: you can get relatively popular stuff anywhere, why would you want to have another tracker for relatively popular stuff?
So where do you get the not so popular movies?You read a good review or saw a trailer which piqued your interest but its not so popular and not uploaded in Gen/0Day sites,where do you get it from?

Dont know if you were replying to me or not,but collections =/ the regular type of packs you see.What I meant by collections are like the 1001 movies,Criterion Collection,Dystopia Collection,IDA collection,Art house etc ...

To be exact,here is the quoted text from PtP:

Collections must be based on fact and not opinion. Collections such as "Movies that are awesome" are not allowed. However, a collection such as "IMDB top 150" would be allowed, as it would just be a list updated from another website and not just your own opinion. Also, "RottenTomatoes Top Movies of 2009" will be acceptable.
It is always easy to find the things you are looking for in one place and that too organized and seeded as well.

edit:
Moreover some of their staff picks were really interesting movies which I would not have downloaded to see normally.
And the bonus system as I said helps people who have poor net connection(If people keep on seeding the movies they download,in time the number of seeding torrents piles up and getting bonus points becomes easier).
Also I am a sucker for simple and clean design with no unnecessary features etc.

IdolEyes787
07-12-2010, 01:05 PM
"Movies that are awesome" are not allowed. However, a collection such as "IMDB top 150" would be allowed, as it would just be a list updated from another website and not just your own opinion. Also, "RottenTomatoes Top Movies of 2009" will be acceptable.

Stupid thing is that those are also just based on personal opinion(s) and essentially just as random a collection of movies as "movies that are awesome":unsure:

A
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
"Movies that are awesome" are not allowed. However, a collection such as "IMDB top 150" would be allowed, as it would just be a list updated from another website and not just your own opinion. Also, "RottenTomatoes Top Movies of 2009" will be acceptable.

Stupid thing is that those are also just based on personal opinion(s) and essentially just as random a collection of movies as "movies that are awesome":unsure:
But the movies listed in IMDB,rotten tomatoes etc are popularly liked ones.And it dosent reflect the "Awesome list" of one particular individual and taste.
Also there are other collections as well you know...

kingeater
07-12-2010, 04:01 PM
For me, I am all for collections but absolutely despise packs on a movie tracker. What I mean by that is having a page/search option/filter for a certain group of movies (IMDB top 250, Criterion/MoC collection, mindfuck, director) is fine, up until you group every one of those together into a single torrent. This just makes it a pain to seed and just bad overall for the tracker, while the single movies will have more seeds, and just easier to handle. Just my 2 cents on it :P

babab007
07-12-2010, 04:17 PM
:fst:

1000possibleclaws
07-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Dont know if you were replying to me or not,but collections =/ the regular type of packs you see.What I meant by collections are like the 1001 movies,Criterion Collection,Dystopia Collection,IDA collection,Art house etc ...

Naw B, it was directed at DonkeyPacker, he's part of packme.in which afaik is a pack-only tracker which has a weird ratio scheme, which probably doesn't make shit sense when compared to a 0day/pack tracker like TorrentBytes. Whoever came up with that tracker obviously did not understand what the point of 'packs' were in their normal sense. But that doesn't even matter to you guys, cause the coder made a cute pin the tail on the donkey fake login page! :lol: And this is why resigned, cause you all fall in love with stupid bullshit like this and there is a huge disconnect between me and all of you. (Not you Abybeats, but people in general in this scene)

(I don't agree with packs on a movie tracker, but that is aside from my point. It's mostly just messy and unnecessary. Collages are a better way to go at it, and that's what PtP probably does because they use Gazelle.)

Hombre
07-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I think TrueSounds forgot take his medicin.

DonkeyPacker
07-12-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure what PiN or its faults have to do with CN. I think I'd rather that you made a separate thread, or discussed anything you wanted in pm.

I'm not really sure what response I'm supposed to give: "You're right, I'll shut down the site asap?" If your post was to convince me of anything, it failed. Maybe you succeeded in swaying others. Honestly though, I don't think they really care. I'm guessing people are just here for the drama.

1000possibleclaws
07-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I guess they don't but the threads already derailed, and I was just mocking your post when I brought it up. I could go on about it but I'd just be saying the same words over and over

There is certainly a connection between your tracker and what has been discussed in this thread. I think it's obvious enough that I don't have to repeat myself. This isn't even about drama, if you could see the big picture it's all about the mental degeneration of this scene.

C-mos
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
god damn hippies . :lol:

bluju
07-25-2010, 10:00 PM
oi bumrocks. I saw in this thread or maybe another that you were going to post some more stats 'in the next couple of days'. You haven't as of yet, so I'll just ask.
What's the internal encode situation there? How do the movie categories break down? I saw a obviously old screenshot and it looked like the movies were about 10-to-1 1CD Scene to anything else. Is this still the case?

ca_aok
07-25-2010, 10:36 PM
There are currently 440 releases from their official internal team which does AFR x264 SD encodes, usually ~2GB in size. There are another ~600 tagged as "CN" but only some of those will be self-ripped, many are just rips found elsewhere online that didn't have a scene group's name attached. Aside from those there are a few internal encoders from other sites that are members there and mirror their uploaded content (a certain EbP encoder from HDBits comes to mind).

You should be able to see the movie categories in any number of those leaked screenshots but they're broken down by both format/codec and genre.

bluju
07-25-2010, 10:56 PM
thank you :)

bumrocks
07-25-2010, 11:23 PM
oi bumrocks. I saw in this thread or maybe another that you were going to post some more stats 'in the next couple of days'. You haven't as of yet, so I'll just ask.
What's the internal encode situation there? How do the movie categories break down? I saw a obviously old screenshot and it looked like the movies were about 10-to-1 1CD Scene to anything else. Is this still the case?

I think I said I was going to post more stats in the next couple of days in a different thread. And this thread is the result of that post...

As mentioned in other threads/posts our category breakdown is rather simplistic...So much so that we, the staff, are working on categorization in a more specific and detailed manner. The code is being worked on along with how to best implement it as we are going to have to shuffle over 10k torrents into their new category home.

Additional numbers...

BD/BR: about 1000 torrents
HD: about 2000 torrents
x264/SD: about 1000 torrents
XviD: about 8500 torrents
DVD-R: around 400 torrents

We have about 50 packs but we chose not to allow anymore over a year ago now. 46 of the 50 are alive with seeders.

On a side note: We go freeleech when donation goal is met each month.

bluju
07-26-2010, 03:01 AM
Sounds pretty sweet. Gotta say, I've been putting off applying mainly because of the mafia motif. It just seems like a bit of a shtick and a wee bit of a puerile one at that. It looks like you guys have actually managed to build quite a tracker, though, and that's really the bottom line, isn't it?

So, ..applied, we'll see what happens :)

bumrocks
07-26-2010, 09:50 PM
So, ..applied, we'll see what happens :)

I just finished reviewing all apps. If you got denied, let me know and we'll see what the problem was and if we can fix it.

bluju
07-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I was approved, thank you.

Just for the record

There are currently 440 releases from their official internal team which does AFR x264 SD encodes
There are about 100 rips which could be construed as AFR in the widest of definitions, Looks like about 40 or 50 genuine, 1 in x264. The internal group is something less than impressive. If you're lucky, they'll put up a screenshot, I think I saw 2 source/encode comparisons. Many times the description was nothing more than an imdb url. I even saw one ripper apologizing for retaining the grain from the source XD

While there are indeed a lot of torrents, there's a lot of redundancy, too. Its more or less just the IMDB top 500 5 times over, along with every straight-to-video action film since 1990. I don't see a 'feature' that would tell me just how many titles there are in all these torrents (I probably just can't see it). I would guess that its about 2500. While there are a couple of projects, they don't seem to make any effort towards the better source, or the better rip. There's a ton of the kind of junk you get on public trackers.

The features are certainly impressive, but they all amount to the most clutter I've ever seen on a web page. Ever. I switched off that 'advanced browse', immediately. The only other feature I could want from the site is the ability to turn off some of these goddamn 'features'.

Just to prove that I'm not a total jerk, I'll say that all the features are imaginitive, although they need a serious overhaul and should be redistributed amongst the pages. The members are very nice, as are the staff. The staff does not seem to be the group of power-mad juveniles that they've been represented as. They do actually care, I think they just suffer from some kind of collective ADD.

As many problems as I have with the site, its nothing that won't iron out in time. Eventually, the redundancy will start pissing people off and they'll consolidate some things. Hopefully, they'll find themselves using their obvious coding skills for something a bit more productive (i.e tracking available sources, collections, and filmographies). All it really needs is a giant dose of elegance, so I think I'll stick with it and maybe I can even help out a bit. :)

pone44
07-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I really do not care about drama in BT these days. CN is actually one of my favorite movie trackers along with PTPC. They have a good amount of content ranging from old movies to new. I do not interact with staff too much on any tracker, i know bumrocks a little. He is a fair,level minded individual from what i know of him.

kingeater
07-28-2010, 03:49 AM
Hehe, the grain thing did make me laugh, but people would think the source for the rips would've been a VHS or I am just a retard :P Also the internals are SD x264 encodes that usually/almost entirely do not conform to AFR standards (We try to go for transparency to the source, instead of just a size constraint you see hehe), and just for fun most of the encodes we do are either BDRips these days (where there are no x264 SD BDRips available) or DVDRips of movies you would pretty much not find on any other tracker (mostly indie/foreign/rare releases). 'Tis all, nothing personal taken by the comments bluju, just making sure that the internal questions were straightened out. Hope everyone over there is still enjoying the rips :D

1000possibleclaws
07-28-2010, 04:39 AM
The features are certainly impressive, but they all amount to the most clutter I've ever seen on a web page. Ever. I switched off that 'advanced browse', immediately. The only other feature I could want from the site is the ability to turn off some of these goddamn 'features'.

I can relate, but unfortunately we seem to be a dying breed.

The staff does not seem to be the group of power-mad juveniles that they've been represented as.

You wouldn't shit all over your own house would you?

IdolEyes787
07-28-2010, 12:03 PM
There are currently 440 releases from their official internal team which does AFR x264 SD encodesThere are about 100 rips which could be construed as AFR in the widest of definitions, Looks like about 40 or 50 genuine, 1 in x264. The internal group is something less than impressive. If you're lucky, they'll put up a screenshot, I think I saw 2 source/encode comparisons. Many times the description was nothing more than an imdb url. I even saw one ripper apologizing for retaining the grain from the source XD

Again with this encode shit.
Do I like clear pictures, yes but why is it suddenly so important if one is slightly superior to another ?HD TV(hopefully in my dreams) or simply more brain-dead bt elitism?(yes I resorted to the e word)
First we had every douche applying the "community " buzzword to try and proof that they /their site/their philosophy was better/cooler/more elite than the next( which proved pretty much to be an overwhelming fail unless "community consists of typing lol a lot) so now the little group of bittards that we( meaning me ) all love to hate have deemed to embraced encoding as their new lightning rod/flavor du jour.

Again does no one care about the actual content beyond AFR/x264/1080p or whichever retarded group nickname (and associated greetz:dabs:) is attached to a file?

A bad movie perfectly encoded in HD is still a bad movie in much the same way as a bunch of semi literate humourless thirteen year olds posting shit on some internet bt site and calling it "community "( not speaking of CN but generalizing here) is still my personal definition of hell.

Cut-Copy-Paste
07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
While there are indeed a lot of torrents, there's a lot of redundancy, too. . I don't see a 'feature' that would tell me just how many titles there are in all these torrents (I probably just can't see it). I would guess that its about 2500. While there are a couple of projects, they don't seem to make any effort towards the better source, or the better rip. There's a ton of the kind of junk you get on public trackers.

This. especially brrips. And dat some time without screenshot and proper description.

Supervisor
07-28-2010, 07:13 PM
One step at a time.

Don't jump into conclusions regarding our efforts and goals though. If you want news or any updates on how we want to do it you should post in the site, posting here is not gonna get you far.

mohamedkamal
07-30-2010, 01:53 PM
thank u

wainthehack
07-31-2010, 10:58 PM
thx for the info

bumrocks
09-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Giving this a bump since we are still accepting apps...

th0r
09-09-2010, 03:33 AM
i'm sorry i didn't use my account there, bumrocks, but it looked like you were running a pretty decent operation there and i enjoyed cn's style design, sort of ;/

bumrocks
09-09-2010, 06:54 AM
i'm sorry i didn't use my account there, bumrocks, but it looked like you were running a pretty decent operation there and i enjoyed cn's style design, sort of ;/

No prob...I told you that it was cool if you just wanted to check out.

On a side note (I will update on first post)...

We don't allow RARed files anymore. And very soon we will be implementing new rules in regards to duplicate size movie torrents and not allowing them unless trumped. All are in agreements that the number of releases by so many groups are getting out of hand and redundant. As mentioned before we are working on a new category system as well.

YoYoY
09-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Just joined , the design is pretty amazing! . the style is way different from any other tracker I've joined . I was surprised to be honest.
and I like that movies there are unrared.

good job bumrocks !

Edit : but you guys still need new members though , leeching and seeding isn't very active to be honest

Stabber
09-09-2010, 02:24 PM
The forums are pretty active btw for a small userbase

crazydogman
09-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the info, sound awesome. i'm still new to private trackers so it will take me a while to reach to the top.

IdolEyes787
09-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info, sound awesome. i'm still new to private trackers so it will take me a while to reach to the top.

This isn't a career path .There is no "top" and since most sites even FTN or HDbits:O tend to "carry " basically the same things there is only where you feel comfortable and where you don't. Realizing that sooner rather than later will save you a lot of time and wasted effort .
I for instance since I like lack of pretense (primarily by the members) and easy to deal with ,for movies use basically goem , IPT,and Demonoid .:mellow:

Btw I'm not a member but to those that "rag " on the "colourful" theme and classes of CN I personally kind of like it. If nothing else at least it shows some imagination.
I'd take heart over soulless efficiency any day. It might not get you ahead in life but at least you enjoy where you end up.

bumrocks
09-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Atm we are closing apps, recruitments, and access to invites. So for those that are in...None of your friends will be joining for a bit.

The moral of this story is take care of you account.