PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Thread

Champo101
07-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Post your recipes, Recipe Ideas, Questions etc etc.

Yesterday I made Spaghetti but I failed and overcooked the Spaghetti noodles, I dealt with it when I ate dinner but I had to throw the noodles out :( and I have a lot of leftover spaghetti sauce. What can I make that has spaghetti sauce in it?
PS: The Spaghetti Sauce turned out fine. Just the Noodles.

This is my Spaghetti Sauce Recipe:
1 1/4 pound of Hamburger meat
1 Bottle of Old World Style Original Ragu sauce http://www.ragu.com/ - if you don't know what ragu is.
1 Can of Condensed Tomato soup
Sprinkle of salt and pepper
" " Granulated Garlic
Sugar, It cuts down on the acidity of the tomatoes and makes it taste nice.

Instructions: Cook the Hamburger meat (You should know how long) Drain (Optional) then add salt, pepper and Granulated garlic. Add the Can of Tomato soup and Ragu, Mix, Then Add sugar to taste. Simmer for a while then eat with whatever noodles you please.

Anyways, what would go well with Spaghetti sauce?

chalice
07-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Beans on toast.

Beans. Toast.

I won't insult your intelligence with the rest.

JPaul
07-10-2010, 08:22 PM
"Yesterday I made Spaghetti but I failed and overcooked the noodles."

What noodles were these then.

JPaul
07-10-2010, 08:25 PM
"Sugar, (to cancel out the taste of tomato and Garlic)"

That made me lol. You are adding sugar (fucking sugar) to bolognese to cancel out the taste of tomato and garlic, which is basically the taste you are going for. Why not just leave them out and make a plate of mince.

Champo101
07-10-2010, 08:36 PM
"Sugar, (to cancel out the taste of tomato and Garlic)"

That made me lol. You are adding sugar (fucking sugar) to bolognese to cancel out the taste of tomato and garlic, which is basically the taste you are going for. Why not just leave them out and make a plate of mince.

lol I don't know, my aunt told me the sugar did something. I posted the first thing that came to mind and... umm... Spaghetti.

chalice
07-10-2010, 08:38 PM
In fairness, you should add about a teaspoonful of sugar to any tomatoes you are cooking. It cuts down on the acidity and makes it taste right nice.

Champo101
07-10-2010, 08:40 PM
In fairness, you should add about a teaspoonful of sugar to any tomatoes you are cooking. It cuts down on the acidity and makes it taste right nice.

Thank you. That's what my Aunt said. I don't know how I didn't think of it. I'm editing that into the first post.

chalice
07-10-2010, 08:47 PM

Thank you. That's what my Aunt said. I don't know how I didn't think of it. I'm editing that into the first post.

Yeah, well, also edit the bit where you said you wanted to cancel out the taste of fucking garlic and tomatoes. You can soften the taste or sharpen it, but that's not fucking canceling it, you monkey.

JPaul
07-10-2010, 08:55 PM
See I like the taste of tomatoes and garlic, so I wouldn't put sugar in to soften it.

I am also heterosexual, which may also be a factor in me not putting sugar into mince.

Spider_dude
07-10-2010, 09:00 PM
boaby daft

enoughfakefiles
07-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Chicken super noodles.

Add 300ml of just boiled water and then add 6 minutes of microwaved heat.

Don't add any sugar cause there's no tomatoes.

megabyteme
07-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Agreed on the sugar and acidity.

While on the subject of tomatoes (in the US)...Either grow them yourself, get them from a farmer's market, or buy them canned. An unripened tomato, picked green, will never develop the flavors of a real tomato.

A lot of the world, even "3rd world" countries have real options and good markets. We've gone wrong big time on food here.

Sad that canned would be superior to the ones in the vegi isle, but that is the case. Also, a tomato that drops below 52 degrees F will lose some of that flavor, too. Don't try to freeze tomatoes.

Mokhtar
07-10-2010, 09:08 PM
my wife make yesterday Ful Mudammas
it's like recipe americans like, and british for breakfast crap they like.
Broad beans with sauce is the name. i tell her to write me recipe:

* 2 cans cooked fava beans
* 6 cloves garlic
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
* 1⁄4 cup olive oil
* 11⁄2 Tablespoons parsley, minced

u try u like for sure.

JPaul
07-10-2010, 09:17 PM

While on the subject of tomatoes (in the US)...Either grow them yourself, get them from a farmer's market, or buy them canned. An unripened tomato, picked green, will never develop the flavors of a real tomato.

A lot of the world, even "3rd world" countries have real options and good markets. We've gone wrong big time on food here.

Sad that canned would be superior to the ones in the vegi isle, but that is the case. Also, a tomato that drops below 52 degrees F will lose some of that flavor, too. Don't try to freeze tomatoes.

Also tomatoes are a fruit. I don't know what you are picking up in the vegi aisle.

Do you see how I also used the word aisle, as opposed to isle, which is actually a body of land surrounded by water.

Oh and an "unripened" tomato is still a tomato, it doesn't have to become a real one. It already is.

You really are all over the plaice. Try to think about these things before you post.

Cabalo
07-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Post your recipes, Recipe Ideas, Questions etc etc.

Yesterday I made Spaghetti but I failed and overcooked the Spaghetti noodles, I dealt with it when I ate dinner but I had to throw the noodles out :( and I have a lot of leftover spaghetti sauce. What can I make that has spaghetti sauce in it?
PS: The Spaghetti Sauce turned out fine. Just the Noodles.

This is my Spaghetti Sauce Recipe:
1 1/4 pound of Hamburger meat
1 Bottle of Old World Style Original Ragu sauce http://www.ragu.com/ - if you don't know what ragu is.
1 Can of Condensed Tomato soup
Sprinkle of salt and pepper
" " Granulated Garlic
Sugar, It cuts down on the acidity of the tomatoes and makes it taste nice.

Instructions: Cook the Hamburger meat (You should know how long) Drain (Optional) then add salt, pepper and Granulated garlic. Add the Can of Tomato soup and Ragu, Mix, Then Add sugar to taste. Simmer for a while then eat with whatever noodles you please.

Anyways, what would go well with Spaghetti sauce?
You cook quite well for a 13 year old, as you claim to be.
They taught you that on juvenile hall while peeling bananas with your mouth?

Champo101
07-10-2010, 09:41 PM
:lol: yes they did.
200th post. Yay.
@Chavis, I did edit that out. lol. I am 13 with failing grades in englis so youz goot two b xpectin thatt

IdolEyes787
07-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Frozen tomatoes .
Don't add sugar as I hear it lowers the acidity.Instead add a lot of salt as otherwise they are apparently relatively tasteless.

Also water.Glass optional.

Quarterquack
07-11-2010, 02:47 AM
Frozen tomatoes .
Don't add sugar as I hear it lowers the acidity.Instead add a lot of salt as otherwise they are apparently relatively tasteless.

Also water.Glass optional.

How long do I freeze for?

megabyteme
07-11-2010, 03:28 AM

Also tomatoes are a fruit. I don't know what you are picking up in the vegi aisle.

Do you see how I also used the word aisle, as opposed to isle, which is actually a body of land surrounded by water.

Oh and an "unripened" tomato is still a tomato, it doesn't have to become a real one. It already is.

You really are all over the plaice. Try to think about these things before you post.

Yeah, forgot the "a", we have more than enough Canadians around here to cover me though.

Tomatoes come from flowering plants. That does make 'em a fruit. However, they are a succulent- not a dessert item, and they are found with 'da veggies in 'da super market. Even in 'da can aisle, they are kept with 'da veggies.

The important details...

Below 52 degrees kills one of the distinct flavors present, you cannot get it back with sugar/salt.

If the tomato is picked green, it will be an inferior tasting tomato. Period.

If you wanna play trivia, pick a different topic. I'll stomp ya in da kitchen.

kallieb
07-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Another way to fix acidity, particularly in a tomato based sauce is to add vinegar (I prefer red wine vinegar) and then a comparable amount of sugar to offset the sour taste of vinegar.

In regard to what to make with the extra sauce, using it as the sauce base for many Italian recipes would work well, a tiny example of uses would be to make Lasagne or cannelloni. If you really want to try something different use it to cover fresh cabbage rolls - bake for an hour (uncovered). Yum Yum.

Never toss out extra bolognese sauce. There's always loads of options.

1000possibleclaws
07-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Just cook any pasta to go with your sauce.

Cooking pasta or spaghetti or whatnot is only a matter of boiling water and letting the pasta sit in it for the right time (normally takes me 10-15 minutes) you don't even need to stir at all. So you overcooked them the on your first time, why can't you just try cooking the spaghetti again?

Skweeky
07-11-2010, 10:11 AM
You can all fuck off with yer dodgy spag bol recipes.

Here's one of my favourite recipes:

Ingredients:
puff pastry (the sheets are easier to use)
tomato paste
goats cheese
fresh garlic
spinach
cherry or plum tomatoes
2 carrots
2 parsnips
pine nuts
mustard
balsamic vinegar
fresh basil
fresh lemon thyme
cracked black pepper
olive oil

I usually use 4 puff pastry sheets

1. roll out the sheets of puff pastry, cover two of them in tomato paste but leave about 1 cm uncovered at the edge
2. put in the spinach, then add slices of goats cheese and put the plum or cherry tomatoes on top.
3. Cover the edge of the puff pastry sheets with some olive oil, then put the remaining two sheets on top. Press together and use a fork to make some holes in the top so the steam can escape
4. Stick in the oven (200C should do) and leave it in until the pastry looks crisp and golden
5. grate the carrots and the parsnips
6. put the pine nuts in a hot pan and leave them for about a minute, moving the them about all the time (don't put any oil or butter in the pan)
7. put the pine nuts,grated carrots and parsnips in a bowl. Add two teaspoons of olive oil, 3 teaspoons of the vinegar, 1 teaspoon of mustard. Stir
8. Add in the the freshly chopped up basil and lemon thyme. Stir.
9. Add some cracked black pepper.

Serve all together.

Enjoy you cunts.

JPaul
07-11-2010, 11:58 AM
You forgot to say what to do with the mince.

Skweeky
07-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Might not be suitable for heterosexual warm blooded males as it contains no meat

JPaul
07-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Might not be suitable for heterosexual warm blooded males as it contains no meat

Sorry, can you say that again. Contains no wheat, is that it.

Skweeky
07-11-2010, 05:04 PM
My point exactly

Tadpole
07-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Any of you Brits know what a Possum is?

SOUTHERN BAKED POSSUM (OPPOSSUM) WITH
SWEET TATERS

1 fat possum
Salt & pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 c. water
5 strips bacon
2 lg. onions
1 tbsp. celery leaves
1 lg. can mushrooms
5 lg. sweet taters, cut in halves
3 tbsp. lard
1 tbsp. chopped parsley

Nail head of possum to a board, just a little larger than the possum. Skin it. Make paste of lard, salt, pepper and rub over entire possum. Fill cavity with onions, garlic, chopped parsley and celery leaves. Place possum and board on rack in roasting pan. Lay 5 strips of bacon across breast. Add water and mushrooms. Add water as needed. Surround the possum with sweet taters. Leave uncovered.
Bake in oven (300 to 350 degrees) until tender. Baste every 15 minutes. To determine when done, pull leg away from body. When done, throw away the possum and taters and eat the board.

chalice
07-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Any of you Brits know what a Possum is?

SOUTHERN BAKED POSSUM (OPPOSSUM) WITH
SWEET TATERS

1 fat possum
Salt & pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 c. water
5 strips bacon
2 lg. onions
1 tbsp. celery leaves
1 lg. can mushrooms
5 lg. sweet taters, cut in halves
3 tbsp. lard
1 tbsp. chopped parsley

Nail head of possum to a board, just a little larger than the possum. Skin it. Make paste of lard, salt, pepper and rub over entire possum. Fill cavity with onions, garlic, chopped parsley and celery leaves. Place possum and board on rack in roasting pan. Lay 5 strips of bacon across breast. Add water and mushrooms. Add water as needed. Surround the possum with sweet taters. Leave uncovered.
Bake in oven (300 to 350 degrees) until tender. Baste every 15 minutes. To determine when done, pull leg away from body. When done, throw away the possum and taters and eat the board.

Y'know, we used to have a complete plank on this board who used to post very much like yourself. His name was Old Geezer. Come to think of it, he was around your age and similarly geriatric. I believe he was so old that his cawk fell off. Or was it testicular cancer? He was banned, you know.

It wouldn't surprise me if the silly old cunt thinks we've forgotten about him being banned and created another account to try to wheedle his way back in. He used to post pictures of novelty penises and think it was hilarious. Nobody agreed. You wouldn't do something like that, would you?

No, I didn't think so.

Cabalo
07-11-2010, 06:29 PM
It's him indeed.

Tadpole
07-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Can't believe this. I was just contributing to this thread and I am accused of of being some ahole called Geezer. I am old but I don't even like to be called a geezer. I have been called many things but not a geezer.

chalice
07-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Can't believe this. I was just contributing to this thread and I am accused of of being some ahole called Geezer. I am old but I don't even like to be called a geezer. I have been called many things but not a geezer.

I know you've been called many things. It was usually me calling you them.

Did you miss me?

JPaul
07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
They all do, mate.

They all do.

Tadpole
07-11-2010, 07:20 PM

I know you've been called many things. It was usually me calling you them.

Did you miss me?

MISS YOU? Dam I didn't know you existed until about 15 minutes ago. Bad mouthing me on my first post. WHEW!!

chalice
07-11-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm taking that as a yes.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
07-11-2010, 09:41 PM

When green they are even better! Fried green tomatos FTW!

Tadpole
07-11-2010, 09:44 PM

Right on. Being from the south I just love fried green tomatoes.
Didn't like the movie though.

JPaul
07-12-2010, 09:05 PM

Right on. Being from the south I just love fried green tomatoes.
Didn't like the movie though.

What, Betelgeuse.

Hombre
07-13-2010, 12:08 AM
German Wurst Salad

1 (3 pound) German bologna block
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, thinly sliced
4 Polskie Ogorki (Polish Dill Pickles)
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

megabyteme
07-13-2010, 07:10 AM

I am from the Pacific Northwest. I do admire a lot of southern cooking (various regions of barbecue, "comfort foods", and Cajun/creole) and will put that on my to-try list. You had me at "fried"...:P

If you guys are correct, I'll qualify my position as, "when using a tomato as red". There are flavors that develop during the differing stages of a bell pepper (green, yellow, orange, red- are all the same, but differ in appearance and flavors based on when they are picked) that give me reason to see your point.

Skweeky
07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
German Wurst Salad

1 tomato, thinly sliced

Are the Polish happy about you Germans using their pickles and then calling it a German dish? Hmmmm?

megabyteme
07-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Are the Polish happy about you Germans using their pickles and then calling it a German dish? Hmmmm?

:lol::lol::lol:

I doubt they asked first...

JPaul
07-13-2010, 07:44 PM
German Wurst Salad

1 tomato, thinly sliced

Will the germans never leave the Poles alone. It's just bullying now.

Skweeky
07-13-2010, 07:51 PM
I didn't want to say that, but that's what I was getting at :yes:

rsomer
07-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Your recipe for spaghetti sounds delicious. As far as the sugar, Chavis is right about the acidity. I add sugar to every recipe using tomatoes in any form in addition to onions and garlic.

Champo101
07-19-2010, 03:04 AM
It is delicious. When you don't fuck up the spaghetti lol. I always add sugar. Even to Pizza sauces.

reccakeys
07-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah, I agree, The ingredients looks good. I will try that one. I wonder what will happen......

Skweeky
07-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Just having a wild guess here; you'll end up with a batch of spaghetti sauce?

HeavyMetalParkingLot
07-21-2010, 01:21 AM
There you go again silly woman...wearing shoes and making guesses...back to yon kitchen!

megabyteme
07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
One born in (and abandoned? :unsure:) a parking lot should not be so quick to toss... err, gravel. :ermm:

shevi
07-25-2010, 09:19 PM
My mug brownie recipe:
4 Tbs Flour
4 Tbs Sugar
2 Tbs Cocoa powder
2 Tbs Vegetable Oil

Microwave for a min and a 1/2 and you have a delicious mug brownie, has saved me so many times.