PDA

View Full Version : how to copy an Xbox game?

rtfk101
07-11-2010, 05:07 PM
My friend has Skate 2. I would like Skate 2. but I am short on money lately, and I would rather not wait until i have enough.

I was wondering if there was a way to take his game and copy it to another disc without having to spend more than the game is worth modifying my Xbox. I don't want to touch my Xbox in the process actually.

If it could ruin something referring to live, blah blah, i dont care. I rarely if ever use live, and I probably wouldn't do live on Skate 2 anyway. (i'm a sucky gamer, I do racing games and skating games and the rest bores me).

*If this is against one of the forum rules and I don't realize it, please delete the thread. I read over the rules and nothing seems to be in violation, but I could be wrong.

TheSeeder
07-14-2010, 06:01 PM
yes it is possible but it won't run in your Xbox console cause it's not modded. You need mod him...and as you don't use windows live i can't see why u dont do that.

Tv Controls you
07-14-2010, 10:36 PM
You have two options.... Or atleast that I know of (I haven't been on the xbox 360 scene in a while)
A jtaged xbox 360 (which will most likely cost you money) or flash your dvd drive in your xbox 360.
I don't know much about the jtag mod for the xbox 360, but it is a very involved job... that is even if your xbox 360 is able to undergo the mod...

.....I would recommend you flash your dvd drive on your xbox.

http://jungleflasher.net/downloads.html

Expenses:
1) a dual layer dvd + r burner on your computer (if you already have one... then your good)
2) a dvd dl +r (this is where you will burn skate 2 to)
3) possibly a compatible sata card to flash your xbox 360.

It is still a pretty involved process, but if you even have semi moderate tech level... I think you can pull it off if you listen to the guide on jungleflasher...

*also if you need help, shoot me over a pm.. I can try and help you if you get stuck.

Vulcan
07-26-2010, 03:39 PM
My recommendation to you and the easiest way to go about doing it is to softmod your xbox360 aka flash your xbox 360's Dvd drive's firmware. You will need to do this in order for your xbox 360 to play burned Dvds. There are tons of tutorials out there. The easiest way to do it is by using jungleflasher. You have to be somewhat tech savvy to do this, if you don't think you are, there are tons of people you can probably take it to locally that will do it for you for a small fee.