PDA

View Full Version : need some tips on how to sign-up with HDChina...

freak12345
07-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Hi.

I'm a non-Chinese speaking/writing/reading expat currently residing in China and I've been looking for a way to join HDChina to be able to download HD movies from their tracker.

The reason I prefer to sign up with HDChina when there are other HD trackers that are available is because I wanna make sure that I'll be able to increase the chances of me seeding back successfully whatever HD stuff I download from their tracker assuming that most peers that will be connected to this tracker will come from China. I don't have a seedbox but I do seed almost 24/7 and joining a tracker that I assume is based in China will allow me to contribute to the tracker more effectively.

I went to their website and tried signing up but a message in Chinese is displayed which when google-translated tells me something like registrations are currently done through invites only and tells me to join their public forum.

Anyway, I tried to join their public forum hoping to make friends and eventually be able to find someone that could help me join the tracker. I was able to register to it (again using google translate) but the contents of the forum are all in Chinese and I can't seem to find an English section in the forum where I can post.

After almost an hour of browsing through their forum to look for a section where I can post, I finally gave up (head spinning and all)...

To make a long story short, I'm posting here hoping to find information from FST members who are also members of HDChina (particularly those who can't understand Chinese) on how they were able to join the tracker.

Appreciate any tips that you guys can provide.

Thanks in advance.

(I've read in other FST threads that invites for this tracker are hard to come by since an invite can only be obtained by spending earned points so most members would prefer to use their points for other goodies instead of getting an invite.)

pimkin
07-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Once a year they open their door to public, but it does happen in spring so you have to wait for a long time or just ask for an invitation in the /Giveaways.

freak12345
07-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Once a year they open their door to public, but it does happen in spring so you have to wait for a long time or just ask for an invitation in the /Giveaways.

thanks for the info bro... i've been monitoring the giveaway section for quite some time now and i only see requests by some members for this tracker but so far, no one has offered to give away an HDChina invite...

anyway, i'll just continue to keep my eyes open and someday hope that i'll be lucky enough to receive one when it becomes available...

china needs to change

start with democracy

i hate talking about politics but just to reply to your post, democracy is not the solution to everything... just look at what happened to Iraq...

if you have visited China within the past 3-5 years, you will notice the enormous progress that the country has undergone compared to the previous years and it didn't require them changing their form of government...

th0r
07-12-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm . . . currently residing in China and I've been looking for a way to join HDChina to be able to download HD movies from their tracker.
To make a long story short, I'm posting here hoping to find information from FST members who are also members of HDChina (particularly those who can't understand Chinese) on how they were able to join the tracker.wouldn't a simpler solution be to find someone around you that speaks chinese that can help you out?

i mean, after all, you do live in china

freak12345
07-12-2010, 08:05 AM
To make a long story short, I'm posting here hoping to find information from FST members who are also members of HDChina (particularly those who can't understand Chinese) on how they were able to join the tracker.wouldn't a simpler solution be to find someone around you that speaks chinese that can help you out?

i mean, after all, you do live in china

not a bad idea dude except that all of my chinese friends are not familiar with or are not really into bittorrents or file sharing in general so i thought it would be easier to ask someone in FST who was able to do it...

anyway, like pimkin mentioned, I think the best chance of me joining HDChina would probably be to wait for somebody here to be kind enough to give away an invite or to wait for the tracker itself to open for sign-ups...

i'd rather wait than look for other HD trackers and end not using them once i'm able to join HDChina...

anon
07-12-2010, 12:13 PM
To make a long story short, I'm posting here hoping to find information from FST members who are also members of HDChina (particularly those who can't understand Chinese) on how they were able to join the tracker.

I got in via open signups some months ago, but deleted my account since I had no use for it.

If you want to make a request, you can do it here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-90/

tufu1019
07-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Do you have any other HD trackers either in Chinese or non-Chinese?
Why just ask for HDC and not other Chinese HD trackers?
If you think HDC is the best,then I think you should also consider CHDBits.
Someone send invites of CHDBits in giveaway section.

For members of public forum of HDC you need to get 120 rewards(just like rep in FST) and more than 500 posts to get access into the PT of HDC.
I think it will be difficult for a non-Chinese to have such amounts of posts and get rewards from others for your posts.

Also, HDC open a direct access to PT of HDC when you have speciality in some categories such as hardware or software of HD . Of course, You must porvide proof in screenshot or profile links etc for these.

Also,there is a thread in the forum which let the people to send or ask for invites.
You need some luck without many posts or rewards. But who know, a good post may sometimes let someone to invite you.

freak12345
07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Do you have any other HD trackers either in Chinese or non-Chinese?
Why just ask for HDC and not other Chinese HD trackers?
If you think HDC is the best,then I think you should also consider CHDBits.
Someone send invites of CHDBits in giveaway section.

For members of public forum of HDC you need to get 120 rewards(just like rep in FST) and more than 500 posts to get access into the PT of HDC.
I think it will be difficult for a non-Chinese to have such amounts of posts and get rewards from others for your posts.

Also, HDC open a direct access to PT of HDC when you have speciality in some categories such as hardware or software of HD . Of course, You must porvide proof in screenshot or profile links etc for these.

Also,there is a thread in the forum which let the people to send or ask for invites.
You need some luck without many posts or rewards. But who know, a good post may sometimes let someone to invite you.

thanks for the detailed information bro... based on the requirements that you mentioned, it will be almost impossible for me to get into this tracker using the HDC public forum considering that i don't know how to read or write in Chinese...

i'm currently a member of only 1 HD tracker (HDClub) but i prefer to join a China-based HD tracker to seed more effectively since our ISP doesn't seem to allow peer connections in certain countries (i may be wrong on this though) and having a China-based HD tracker will increase my chances of finding peers from China which will allow me to give good upload rates and reach my target ratio in a much shorter time.

i actually don't know how HDC ranks among the top HD trackers but i've read good reviews about this tracker and based on the name itself (and after accessing its website) I was able to determine that its a china-based HD tracker so this is the reason why i chose it...

as for CHDBits, thanks for the suggestion... i should have done more research about other China-based trackers and not set my sights on HDC alone... thanks to you, now I have 2 good options for a China-based HD tracker to apply to...

I got in via open signups some months ago, but deleted my account since I had no use for it.

If you want to make a request, you can do it here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-90/

thanks dude... i've actually been using the invite giveaway section for quite some time now and was able to receive invites from a few of our generous members...
dang, i would have been very much willing to take care of that account that you deleted... a good example of the saying, "one man's garbage is another man's treasure"...

blurayripper
07-12-2010, 07:17 PM
The giveaway sections are your best bet. I would avoid HDChina in favor of CHDbits. For it has a better selection, more encoding group support and has a cleaner layout that doesn't make you feel nauseous. Good luck with your search.

Lucifer9999
07-12-2010, 07:39 PM
on hdc u are needed 50.000 seeding points for an invite, which is kind of hard to gather....

freak12345
07-13-2010, 05:02 AM
The giveaway sections are your best bet. I would avoid HDChina in favor of CHDbits. For it has a better selection, more encoding group support and has a cleaner layout that doesn't make you feel nauseous. Good luck with your search.

I was able to find an ongoing thread in the invite section for the CHDbits but can't fulfill one of the requirements. Will try to look for another opportunity to apply for another CHDBits giveaway if one pops up.

on hdc u are needed 50.000 seeding points for an invite, which is kind of hard to gather....

yeah, i read somewhere here in FST that this is the reason why invites for HDC are hard to come by.