PDA

View Full Version : Asus Formula III compatible memory?

TheSeeder
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi guys!
I bougth a pair of memories for the ASUS Formula III mobo but they don't seems to work in dual-channel. I bought Corsair TR3X6G1600C9
(2x 2gb) and it seems compatible with dual-channel according to the mobo manual but if I inserted then in the dual-channel proper slot the POST simplely does not appear...

I don't know...i am thinking about buying another memory pack...

Detale
07-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Well, I haven't had a memory compatibility issue in AGES. so I would say you may have just gotten a bum stick of ram. Do you have any other ram you can try or even use one at a time to see if just one stick will post.

Just to rule out the obvious here. Which slots did you stick the ram in, red or black?
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8463/13131482z091323962.jpg

Chances are you've already done this but in case I've attached the memory compatibility list to this post. No I didn't bother to check if your memory is on that list so by all means...

TheSeeder
07-14-2010, 06:08 PM
When I put the memory on the black slots it does not boot. When it's in the red it boots ok... the strange part is that CPU-Z indicates the memory is in Dual Channel even with them in the red slots...

And yes the memories are in the compatibility lists... =/

Guess i'll try to buy another set of them... (OCZ maybe)

Detale
07-14-2010, 06:45 PM
If they work in the red slots then they work bud. It sounds like the black slots of your Mobo are messed up. Did you try and contact Asus??

Cabalo
07-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Have you updated the BIOS ? I had a similar problem on a Asus board (can't recall the model) very recently. The sticks worked on one slot and didn't on the other. Fucking weird, but seemed to be a known issue that some BIOS update would solve.

Detale
07-14-2010, 11:58 PM
good call C ;)

TheSeeder
07-19-2010, 01:47 PM
noo!!! Haven't done that...yet. As soon as i do that i post here... thanks in advance

TheSeeder
07-21-2010, 12:57 PM
I actualized the BIOS and it fixed some stuff!

i was having also a temperature issue... the asus probe was showing >75 C when the processor was in full load (i5-750)
And it was a failed mesurement of the mobo... the new BIOS corrected this...
Haven't tried to change the memory slots yet... as soon as I do it i post here again...

Thanks for the tip...it already helped me :D

TheSeeder
07-22-2010, 07:14 PM
It does not worked, tried to put in the black slots and the computer did not turn on...