PDA

View Full Version : utorrent options.

central101
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Hello,

I want to run a program upon torrent completion. I know you can do this by right clicking the torrent and setting it under options.

The problem is that I set-up auto download everything and am not around to manually set every torrent. Is there a way to set it up globally so that every torrent runs the programs after it's completed?

Thanks

anon
07-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Perhaps I missed that option, but I think there's no way to run a program after every new torrent's completion by default.

freak12345
07-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Hello,

I want to run a program upon torrent completion. I know you can do this by right clicking the torrent and setting it under options.

The problem is that I set-up auto download everything and am not around to manually set every torrent. Is there a way to set it up globally so that every torrent runs the programs after it's completed?

Thanks

I don't really use this feature but I think the way this feature is used and the different possible types of files (multiple rar archives, single file downloads, etc...) that one can download is what limits this feature to be implemented as a global option.

It would have been nice if the utorrent developers added support for scripts or batch files that can be run after a torrent has finished downloading. This way, the user can just write conditions within the script or batch file on what to do with a certain type of file(s) after it has been downloaded (either run a program, extract the files, burn the file to a disc, etc...).

With this feature, they won't find it hard to implement it as a global option.