PDA

View Full Version : Quick Solution?

mrinsuperable
11-02-2003, 11:37 PM
How's this for a solution?
There could be restrictions imposed to say that the only music that is legally shareable would be that of a lower bitrate, i.e. 96kbps. This way, us sharers would still be able to swap music legally, but we'd have to buy a CD if we wanted the higher quality stuff, and the record companies would profit off of that.
Of course, there would probably still be underground sharing of higher-quality music for those of you who *crave* 192kbps, but it'd be nice to have some way to exchange this stuff and still be in the clear legally.
Any thoughts?

O'Neill
11-03-2003, 01:30 AM
Will nvr happen the tossers in them big companies will still be worried that they ill loose money

RealitY
11-03-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by O'Neill@2 November 2003 - 17:30
Will nvr happen the tossers in them big companies will still be worried that they ill loose money
True, but if it were made legal in such a way I guarantee it would improve sales since it would allow anyone without worry to be able to sample endless music they may have never even thought to buy...

Derriz
11-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Common sense isn't free I'm afraid. The RIAA is suing people so they could afford to buy some.

O'Neill
11-03-2003, 07:46 PM
The RIAA will nvr be able to afford enuf common sense to make them half way intelligent