PDA

View Full Version : tracker log-ins and seedboxes

freak12345
07-14-2010, 10:49 AM
hi, i recently ordered my first shared seedbox (yay!) and was able to install the necessary apps that i will be using...

i was also able to download torrents from the private trackers that i joined using my PC and was able to load it thru the webui of the torrent client of my seedbox (transmission webui)...

my question is, when downloading/seeding torrents from seedboxes, is it necessary for me to also log-in to the tracker website from my seedbox?

i'm aware that my seedbox has a text-based web called lynx where i can do the tracker log-in part but i just want to ask if this is really necessary...

also, this is the first time that I have used Transmission client so i'm not quite familiar with its UI (i've been using uTorrent all the time)... when using Transmission webui, how do you know if a torrent that you opened was able to connect to the tracker without any connection problems especially during seeding?

using uTorrent, I am able to determine that I'm connected properly by checking the "Status" of the tracker but in the transmission webui client that was installed on my seedbox, i can't seem to find any information about the connection status of the torrent that I loaded.

thanks for the help.

Update: I was able to find a remote gui client for Transmission that closely resembles uTorrent. Using it, I was able to check the 'Status' info of my torrents and verified that the torrents that I loaded to my seedbox are working with no connection problems.

Cabalo
07-14-2010, 12:44 PM
No, you don't have to. Torrent sites identify you by a passkey which is associated to your .torrent wherever you download it.

freak12345
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
No, you don't have to. Torrent sites identify you by a passkey which is associated to your .torrent wherever you download it.

Glad to know that it's not necessary. Thanks for the info...