PDA

View Full Version : Wow the new layout is horrible! How do I change it back?

tmas333
07-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Now its harder to navigate and looks like any other crappy nzb forum. Please tell me I can change back to "classic" style

anon
07-16-2010, 10:15 PM
You can't bring the old vB3 skin back, but you can check any of the other ones available out. Scroll all the way to the bottom and choose one from the quick picker right above "Affiliates".

tesco
07-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Are you talking about the layour of the nzb section, or the styling of the forum altogether?

Whichever it is, I'm always open to any suggestions...
Just saying "it's horrible" doesn't help.

And no there's no "classic" style.

IdolEyes787
07-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Anyway to view a persons post history beyond today?
Basically kills any chance of checking up on someone in the invite section.

technoman
07-16-2010, 10:43 PM
i have to say i do prefer the old style. i carnt put my finger on it what it is tho.

anon
07-16-2010, 10:44 PM
@Idol
From the bug thread:

Cannot search posts or threads made before the site update (will be fixed next week when we get sphinx back)

tesco
07-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Anyway to view a persons post history beyond today?
Basically kills any chance of checking up on someone in the invite section.
Like anon-sbi posted we will get this back next week.
The server admin needs to update the sphinx search engine for us and it's his weekend now...
I rebuilt the index for vb internal search back to one month. I will have it index a few more months later. Takes a long time...

IdolEyes787
07-16-2010, 10:48 PM
OK thanks .Kind of makes the invite section an even more dangerous place until it's straightened out( see latest "Looking for IPT" thread).

tmas333
07-16-2010, 11:03 PM
You can't bring the old vB3 skin back, but you can check any of the other ones available out. Scroll all the way to the bottom and choose one from the quick picker right above "Affiliates".

Thanks didnt know that. Unfortunately the other skins look worse and dont fix the changed layout.

Are you talking about the layour of the nzb section, or the styling of the forum altogether?

Both. Its still usable but the whole thing feels like a downgrade. 2 main complaints

1. The new categories section on right is uneeded and bothers me. I have all my favorite movie/games/tv nzb pages on individul bookmarks so I will never use the giant categories slab on the right side.

2. The nzb binaries sectiion now has annoying little squares for "select all" "select none""select inverse" instead of being clearly labeled buttons like the old layout.

Tons of other nitpicky things. Pretty much everything thats changed looks worse and feels incomplete. Please bring back the old style! :cry:

SonsOfLiberty
07-16-2010, 11:17 PM
I have to disagree, the NEW NZB index is much improved and makes it easier on people who post them, eg me and others (wile towerblocks doesn't like and other might not, we should at least give it a chance instead of instantly jumping on tesco and others), just add your "real" suggestion besides going back to the old layout or old NZB Index and well see what we can do. It make them more presentable so you know what you getting instead of Googleing....the search engine works, we have RSS feeds now I said RSS :) So technically you don't even have to visit the threads, you can just load your section via RSS. Many more improvements, and give it time before complaining it just went live a few hours ago and we know it's not perfect, tesco worked on it for a very long time, it's not nice to be all negative, and no the "old" NZB won't/can't come back, we've already upgraded to the new VB.

tmas333
07-17-2010, 01:35 AM
OK so after using the forum a little more I got over the change is bad phase and dont hate it as much. One thing I would like changed is have the filesize under the title name instead of having it way over on the right side of the screen. Squeeze the filesize in between the title and the group name (or just replace it with the group name) and it would be perfect...

http://i28.tinypic.com/dea9fc.png

yeah looks alot better this way IMO

Fishy2
07-17-2010, 01:47 AM
me likes it ;-)

tesco
07-17-2010, 02:00 AM
OK so after using the forum a little more I got over the change is bad phase and dont hate it as much. One thing I would like changed is have the filesize under the title name instead of having it way over on the right side of the screen. Squeeze the filesize in between the title and the group name (or just replace it with the group name) and it would be perfect...

http://i28.tinypic.com/dea9fc.png

yeah looks alot better this way IMOThanks for the suggestion I will try that out in the future.

ca_aok
07-17-2010, 02:07 AM
There's too much wasted space in my opinion. I.e. too much blank space between lines of text and various page elements, specifically in the vertical direction. In forums, fewer threads now fit on my screen, and in threads, fewer posts.

Also, in the BT forum if you use the Forum Tools -> Mark as Read, it will immediately mark the subforums as read but the actual threads there require a page refresh for this to take effect. This doesn't seem to occur in forums without subforums. It's a small thing but it's a change and kind of annoys me.

tmas333
07-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestion I will try that out in the future.

awesome.

tesco
07-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Also, in the BT forum if you use the Forum Tools -> Mark as Read, it will immediately mark the subforums as read but the actual threads there require a page refresh for this to take effect. This doesn't seem to occur in forums without subforums. It's a small thing but it's a change and kind of annoys me.
That looks like a vbulletin bug, i will report it to them.

reg036
07-17-2010, 04:10 AM
I would love to see the "replies & views" info on the main NZB page, you can get the info when you search for a specific title so I know the info is there and I find it useful when there are multiples of the same title.

Also under user settings I cannot find a default "sort" option (post date, last post, title, poster).

Thanks for all the time and hard work, some just need time to digest it all!

iLOVENZB
07-17-2010, 07:33 AM
I believe it'll take some getting used to but it isn't horrible. The NZB Index has certainly been improved. I might change my opinion when I come here at night and get blinded by the bright skins.

I'll post some suggestions tomorrow when I've gotten used to the new design.

Supervisor
07-17-2010, 11:12 AM
The banner is too hot I have to say, very very cool. Nicely done!

FLEA
07-17-2010, 05:17 PM
c'mon, looks good

Hombre
07-17-2010, 05:36 PM
I like layout! takes bit to get used to, like switch office 2003 to office 2007!

GJ tesco!

MultiForce
07-17-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't think it's horrible but I want something darker and with more contrast.
I feel like most of the site is just melting together and is too bright.

I think the design looks better though.

tesco
07-17-2010, 06:38 PM

I think the design looks better though.I added one from vb.org, check the list in bottom left of page, it's called "Pixel Wood".

enoughfakefiles
07-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Could do with something to get back to the forum section your instead of having to got back to the top or am I missing something?

Hombre
07-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Good skin! I use it now, bertter than old dark one.

what happen to flags of countries underneath avatar?

Skiz
07-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Could do with something to get back to the forum section your instead of having to got back to the top or am I missing something?

Agreed. Could the section link be added back to each post? Previously it was next to the post #.

enoughfakefiles
07-17-2010, 08:17 PM
When I reply to a thread it goes to the quick reply first :unsure:

The re thingies in a strange place as well.

I'm not complaining if this is progress than so be it :smilie4:

anon
07-17-2010, 08:22 PM
When I reply to a thread it goes to the quick reply first :unsure:

Either double click or middle click on the button, or right-click -> Open in new tab/window.

phantomftr
07-17-2010, 10:33 PM
One thing I really like about the new site is when you click create nzb it give you an nzb with the name of the release and not "some random number.nzb"

I would like to be able to sort the listing by last post but cant find an option to do that, just by release date.

tesco
07-17-2010, 10:50 PM

Agreed. Could the section link be added back to each post? Previously it was next to the post #.
I knew you would be the first to ask for that. :P
It's back now.

Champo101
07-17-2010, 10:56 PM
me es likey Pixel Wood

Funkin'
07-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Pixel Wood is beautiful. Blows away the dark theme from the old layout.

Am I the only one that this new theme is scrolling funny for? For me, it's scrolling in "chunks". Really annoying. I've tried it in three different browsers too, and this is happening in all of them. I'm having to switch back to another theme that scrolls nice and smooth.

MultiForce
07-18-2010, 12:00 AM

I think the design looks better though.I added one from vb.org, check the list in bottom left of page, it's called "Pixel Wood".

Thanks! That's so much better to look at :)

Skiz
07-18-2010, 01:27 AM

Am I the only one that this new theme is scrolling funny for? For me, it's scrolling in "chunks". Really annoying. I've tried it in three different browsers too, and this is happening in all of them. I'm having to switch back to another theme that scrolls nice and smooth.

They all seem smooth to me. :unsure:

I knew you would be the first to ask for that. :P
It's back now.

:01:

SonsOfLiberty
07-18-2010, 02:31 AM

Did in Opera, but I don't even notice in FF, turn of smooth scrolling.

Skiz
07-18-2010, 02:38 AM
Can't see links (http://www.google.com)at all. At least not in the normal skin. :no:

Lady LoTL
07-18-2010, 04:16 AM
There was no pixel wood this morning (may have been yesterday?), but thank The Olympians that there is a dark theme.

Except that I cant see skizo's name very well...<*squints and waves at skizo*>

Champo101
07-18-2010, 04:54 AM
Pixel Wood is SEXEH

iLOVENZB
07-18-2010, 09:41 AM
How do you change to Pixel Wood? I tried selecting the skin from the bottom right dropdown box but nothing happened. I go to a different page on FST and it reverts back to FST.

DasFox
07-18-2010, 10:53 AM

Like they say if it ain't BROKE don't FIX it! ;)

I like the old look of FST which had like a HOME page, felt better, this now is just a forum, like we're missing something.

The old was just fine really and I'd love to see it put back if possible.

BUT if the forum will be an improvement then I can live with it, BUT please put something back that gives that HOME page look along with a forum, not just the way it looks now as only a forum.

THANKS

newcster68
07-18-2010, 12:02 PM
sorry, still don't like the new layout in the nzb section. Please try to put the age back in so we don't have to figure which release is current and which is 2 days old. I will be happy then.

brilman
07-18-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm just going to give it some time. (seems nobody likes change) Have to say it looks alot better when I fingered out that my monitor was upside down, dam beer

anon
07-18-2010, 04:37 PM
How do you change to Pixel Wood? I tried selecting the skin from the bottom right dropdown box but nothing happened. I go to a different page on FST and it reverts back to FST.

Tried setting the skin via your User CP? That should make it permanent.

SonsOfLiberty
07-18-2010, 07:20 PM
sorry, still don't like the new layout in the nzb section. Please try to put the age back in so we don't have to figure which release is current and which is 2 days old. I will be happy then.

It says the age on the right over on the far right.

newcster68
07-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Hats off!! Loooove it now!! :P :thumbsup: even like the sidebar to the right. Great job with your posts too SonsOfLiberty.

tesco
07-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Hats off!! Loooove it now!! :P :thumbsup:
I didn't change anything it was always there. :lol:

newcster68
07-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Hats off!! Loooove it now!! :P :thumbsup:
I didn't change anything it was always there. :lol:

Maybe I forgot to hit "Refresh" :wacko:

Tv Controls you
07-18-2010, 10:26 PM
lol, I just realized pixel wood is a direct rip from the background I used in my avatar.

Also I have the background in 1920 x 1200 if your interested tesco, because It is a lower resolution in the current "pixel wood" theme.

tesco
07-18-2010, 10:40 PM
lol, I just realized pixel wood is a direct rip from the background I used in my avatar.

Also I have the background in 1920 x 1200 if your interested tesco, because It is a lower resolution in the current "pixel wood" theme.
Sure send it.
I didn't know it was ripped form anywhere, I just downloaded the theme from vbulletin.org.

Funkin'
07-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Did in Opera, but I don't even notice in FF, turn of smooth scrolling.

Eh...that helped a little. But the chunkiness is still there. Plus not having smooth scrolling on just sucks. I'll just have to hope that either this problem fixes itself or another dark theme comes along that doesn't have this problem. I don't know why all other themes scroll nice and smoothly for me except for Pixel Wood(best the looking one).

You know what, this happens for a couple sites. And I noticed this only started happening when I upgraded to Opera 10.60. But then again, like I said, Pixel Wood scrolls all chunky in Opera, FF, and Chrome for me.

DasFox
07-19-2010, 01:51 AM
HEY Tesco I like it when I give my 2 cents worth I could have the consideration of a reply back, makes me feel like I'm not worth the time.

Anyhow are you going to put back that HOME page look FST had, or is it going to be strictly just a forum now?

THANKS

Cabalo
07-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Chill!
He has a job too, you know?
Maybe if you knew how much he has to do, you'd be a tad more patient.

SonsOfLiberty
07-19-2010, 02:33 AM

Like they say if it ain't BROKE don't FIX it! ;)

I like the old look of FST which had like a HOME page, felt better, this now is just a forum, like we're missing something.

The old was just fine really and I'd love to see it put back if possible.

BUT if the forum will be an improvement then I can live with it, BUT please put something back that gives that HOME page look along with a forum, not just the way it looks now as only a forum.

THANKS

It's not being put back we already upgraded....

Next, the old NZB index was broken wether you realized it or not, the search engine rarely worked, it was just a mess....

And the homepage is beign worked on, you might give us at least a day after we launch the site before saying we need a homepage right now, it will be... Were still fixing bugs, getting stuff lined out...takes time, and yes the homepage will look like this one once it come on line......
http://www.unitethecows.com/

tesco is just one guy and is doing a damn good job, and we worked VERY VERY hard on the new NZB index, it's much much more improved, we can update binaries without deleted, it actually show what a tv show or game is about, everything is automated....less stress on the site and completely seperate from teh forum....and no longer in a forum type system which for the site to grow in the Newsgroups area we needed to get away from that, and it helped bring back the RSS feeds, which almost all wanted, and the naming of the downlaoded NZB's that everyone wanted as well. remember WE ARE THE ONLY FREE NZB site out there, that does not give you a certain amount of downloads a day, makes you pay for a service or to get our NZB's, or force a thank you to see the files, not to mention in English to boot...and WE NEVER ASK FOR DONATIONS keep that in my mind as well.

You are free to make "real suggestion" not just say "bring the old site back", can't happen we already upgraded and no way "to bring it back".....

Racehorse
07-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Now its harder to navigate and looks like any other crappy nzb forum. Please tell me I can change back to "classic" style

1.harder to navigate
2. looks like any other crappy nzb forum
3. hard work to get a nzb

counted on this site to keep me up to date latest TV & Movies now it is so totally
user unfriendly looking for alternatives.
this site was so much easier than keeping 3 newzbins windows open now seems to B useless to me

SonsOfLiberty
07-19-2010, 02:54 AM

1.harder to navigate
2. looks like any other crappy nzb forum
3. hard work to get a nzb

counted on this site to keep me up to date latest TV & Movies now it is so totally
user unfriendly looking for alternatives.
this site was so much easier than keeping 3 newzbins windows open now seems to B useless to me

Umm you guys are looking in the old NZB index or something...you ever hear of RSS?

http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/

I really don't know were you guys are looking at but your in the old part of the NZB forum. Link above is the new one.

I love how everyone is so so negative and we've been live for like 2 days!

The only alternatives your going to find are ones you have to pay for or that limit you to downlaod 5/10NZB's and hide everything from you but the NZB unless you pay for a VIP access, and only allowed a certain number of NZB's a day or are in another language....why not do this instead and give a week or two and then give us suggestions instead of complaining?

Plus remember WE ARE THE ONLY FREE NZB site out there, that does not give you a certain amount of downloads a day, or makes you pay for a service to access our site or to get our NZB's, or force a thank you to see the files, not to mention in English to boot...and WE NEVER ASK FOR DONATIONS keep that in my mind as well.

Crappy NZB forum? The NZB's aren't in the forum!

newcster68
07-19-2010, 03:35 AM
remember WE ARE THE ONLY FREE NZB site out there, that does not give you a certain amount of downloads a day, makes you pay for a service or to get our NZB's, or force a thank you to see the files, not to mention in English to boot...and WE NEVER ASK FOR DONATIONS keep that in my mind as well.

I used to be a member at another site that ended with matrix. Put it this way... they were rude, abnoxious, and I payed for a membership which later down the road I regret doing so. Anytime you made a suggestion about the site, they always had a smart ass remark about it.

To make a long story short... I came back here to my home on filesharingtalk and love it even more and will stay here for good. The one thing I like is that YES u don't have to pay a membership to get your nzb list.

I think tesco is doing a marvelous job with the new look including everyone else that had a helping hand. Keep up the good work!!

SonsOfLiberty
07-19-2010, 03:39 AM
remember WE ARE THE ONLY FREE NZB site out there, that does not give you a certain amount of downloads a day, makes you pay for a service or to get our NZB's, or force a thank you to see the files, not to mention in English to boot...and WE NEVER ASK FOR DONATIONS keep that in my mind as well.

I used to be a member at another site that ended with matrix. Put it this way... they were rude, abnoxious, and I payed for a membership which later down the road I regret doing so. Anytime you made a suggestion about the site, they always had a smart ass remark about it.

To make a long story short... I came back here to my home on filesharingtalk and love it even more and will stay here for good. The one thing I like is that YES u don't have to pay a membership to get your nzb list.

I think tesco is doing a marvelous job with the new look including everyone else that had a helping hand. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks and love the signature :)

newcster68
07-19-2010, 03:45 AM

Thanks and love the signature :)

Your Welcome!! Now how many Brownie Points did that earn me? :wub: :bleh:

buggyfresh
07-19-2010, 05:56 AM
It seems slicker..yet more impersonal. Like a T-3000 on judgement day.

edit: ah must be the lack of the homepage - can't wait to see how that looks in this new forum.

Anonnie
07-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Site looks good.

Personally, I like the Pixel Wood as I prefer light text on a dark background, and it does not negate the icons on the 'type' of item.

iLOVENZB
07-19-2010, 06:23 AM

Tried setting the skin via your User CP? That should make it permanent.

Hmm can't be bothered finding the setting to set it pemanent in User CP. Pixel Wood skin appears to work now, I love it - I just got splinters <3 ;).

puckface
07-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Good Lord, I'm going to need to stab my fucking eyes out.

clocker
07-19-2010, 03:03 PM
"Pixel Wood"?
Did this theme come from Home Depot?

anon
07-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Hmm can't be bothered finding the setting to set it pemanent in User CP. Pixel Wood skin appears to work now, I love it - I just got splinters <3 ;).

It's here in case you still care :D
http://filesharingtalk.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

As far as I know, using the quick style chooser at the bottom of every page uses a cookie to set the skin, meaning that if you clear them, the forum will revert to what you've set in your options.

Speedo
07-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Can't tou tone down the biggest text a little. I feel like I'm looking at an logo everytime my eyes are forces to interpenter what the thread is about.

tesco
07-19-2010, 10:55 PM
HEY Tesco I like it when I give my 2 cents worth I could have the consideration of a reply back, makes me feel like I'm not worth the time.

Anyhow are you going to put back that HOME page look FST had, or is it going to be strictly just a forum now?

THANKSSorry man can't respond to everybody and work on progressing the site / fixing bugs at the same time.
Also like others have said I'm doing this unpaid, in my free time, and work a real job at the same time...

The answer to the home page question is yes it will definitely be coming back.
There is a bug with vBulletin that is not letting me use their "CMS" (the home page).
I need time to find a workaround and right now I've been working on fixing bugs / design flaws with what is running.

Can't tou tone down the biggest text a little. I feel like I'm looking at an logo everytime my eyes are forces to interpenter what the thread is about.
Are you talking about the title that shows on top of post text, like this one "Re: Wow the new layout is horrible! How do I change it back?"
If so then I will be removing that, it's annoying me as well.
If not then please clarify...

tmas333
07-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Pixel Wood looks great but the blue links look bad (almost unreadable) against the dark wood. The color scheme is good besides that but I would find a more classy background image instead of wood.

Cabalo
07-20-2010, 02:31 AM
If so then I will be removing that, it's annoying me as well.
If not then please clarify...
Yes, one more vote to remove it. Damn annoying thing.

Trythepie
07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm using WinME and SEa Monkey 1.18 browser.
None of the NZBs show up on the main page.
I just get blank space instead of any listings where
it says new collections.

The right side of the page shows the search box and
the categories sections just under the search box but this part is
superimposed over posters names (I think).
Is this a flash problem./

I can't afford a new computer w/ the latest
os and software.

The old way worked really good for me.l

Help!..Thanks

SonsOfLiberty
07-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Seamonkey isn't even being updated that I know or it, use a modern browser, eg.. IE, Opera, Firefox, Chrome, you can run those on any OS.

tesco
07-21-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm using WinME and SEa Monkey 1.18 browser.
None of the NZBs show up on the main page.
I just get blank space instead of any listings where
it says new collections.

The right side of the page shows the search box and
the categories sections just under the search box but this part is
superimposed over posters names (I think).
Is this a flash problem./

I can't afford a new computer w/ the latest
os and software.

The old way worked really good for me.l

Help!..ThanksI will see what I can do when I get a chance to look at this.
But I'm afraid you're in the minority with your outdated browser so I'm not sure if I can support it...

Trythepie
07-22-2010, 01:23 AM
I will see what I can do when I get a chance to look at this.
But I'm afraid you're in the minority with your outdated browser so I'm not sure if I can support it...

Thanks. I hope you can.

Hehehe, I was using netscape 7.2 last yr and just upgraded to SM 1 which is NS's descendant.
SM 2 is being updated for XP and up as I understand it. It's all firefox engine underneath.
Most of those other browsers drag my system resources (Opera, FF)

I hate IE which is version 6 for WinME - no updates being done now..No tabs, yuck.

What ever happen to all the news stories that would appear whenever I visited here?
I can't seem to find them. Gone?

Rart
07-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Tesco, any chance of the portal coming back?

There's too much wasted space in my opinion. I.e. too much blank space between lines of text and various page elements, specifically in the vertical direction. In forums, fewer threads now fit on my screen, and in threads, fewer posts

Plus wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Is no one else bothered by this? :dabs:

tesco
07-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Tesco, any chance of the portal coming back?

There's too much wasted space in my opinion. I.e. too much blank space between lines of text and various page elements, specifically in the vertical direction. In forums, fewer threads now fit on my screen, and in threads, fewer posts

Plus wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Is no one else bothered by this? :dabs:
It bothers me too but those are vBulletin bugs.
I can't fix everything myself, it gets too overwhelming when it comes time to upgrade and they fix bugs or change other related code.
I only fix the really big things or things I know they won't change.

rdtphd
07-23-2010, 05:59 AM
i just miss the news feed that was on the homepage b4. I used the site like a newspaper. I would just pull up the homepage and the stories were in order now i see nothing but the option to go to the news forum where the order gets all mixed around with the latest post within the thread. i'd like the homepage newsfeed back

Skiz
07-23-2010, 06:08 AM
i just miss the news feed that was on the homepage b4. I used the site like a newspaper. I would just pull up the homepage and the stories were in order now i see nothing but the option to go to the news forum where the order gets all mixed around with the latest post within the thread. i'd like the homepage newsfeed back

It's on the "to-do" list. ;)

Speedo
07-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Site looks great but please turn of the super-bold on titles. The text is to fat and annoying. Thats really my only complaint. And you have an opportunity to make the look of this site be absolutely perfect, when you loose the fatty text.

Cabalo
07-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Cool, tesco removed those annoying headers.

RE: Wow the new layout is horrible! How do I change it back?

tesco
07-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Site looks great but please turn of the super-bold on titles. The text is to fat and annoying. Thats really my only complaint. And you have an opportunity to make the look of this site be absolutely perfect, when you loose the fatty text.
Where?
You mean the unread threads in the thread listings?

anon
07-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Cool, tesco removed those annoying headers.

RE: Wow the new layout is horrible! How do I change it back?

I was already wondering why posts looked a bit "empty" :P