PDA

View Full Version : What do you LIKE about the new site layout?

Skiz
07-18-2010, 01:25 AM
The "Wow the new layout is horrible! How do I change it back?" thread is inevitable, but what do people like about the new site layout? A few ideas about what people like may help to foster some new ones as well.

I haven't test it but one member commented about how NZBs now have the name of the release instead of a number. That's something that has been requested for years.

I also like how the Quick Reply box is wider now. I just wish it would remember the increased size like the last layout.

Anything else?

SonsOfLiberty
07-18-2010, 02:24 AM
I like it all :) I like I got my black theme back :) After all we've been testing the new NZB system for awhile now :)

Cabalo
07-18-2010, 05:15 AM
I like it.
The first impression is never a good one, but that's because many of us have been here for quite a long time, and got too used to it. I found myself enjoying the way the forum looks after a couple of sessions browsing around.
With the time, everyone will get used to this I'm sure.

1000possibleclaws
07-18-2010, 06:27 AM
Like it cause it's more boxy, more compact, and didn't take out any features I would have missed

googleme
07-18-2010, 06:52 AM
I like the new layout. It's neat and look modern :)

anon
07-18-2010, 04:44 PM
The first impression is never a good one, but that's because many of us have been here for quite a long time, and got too used to it.

This. Happened with me, but now I'm getting used to the new layout. :)

I like how it uses every bit of my monitor's space and the AJAX quick reply that appears directly under someone's post when quoting it. The forum also seems to operate a bit faster.

Burnsy
07-18-2010, 10:42 PM
I like it all :) I like I got my black theme back :)

Same here, I liked the new layout, very aesthetically pleasing to look at... my only qualm was all the themes were a little bright... glad the darker one is available again.

Good work guys :)

Hombre
07-19-2010, 12:47 AM
forum looks good. dark skin is good, only has small bug.
when the reply box opens, the Bold, Italic and Underline buttons are black too and u cant see them.

Burnsy
07-19-2010, 12:47 AM
forum looks good. dark skin is good, only has small bug.
when the reply box opens, the Bold, Italic and Underline buttons are black too and u cant see them.

Have you hovered your cursor over them? It's magic :)

Hombre
07-19-2010, 12:49 AM
i know, but is still bug. :)

SonsOfLiberty
07-19-2010, 02:35 AM

Not really, there in black to :)

tesco
07-19-2010, 11:05 PM

Not really, there in black to :)No it's a bug. :lol:

j2k4
07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Don't really Really don't like the new interface.

This board is a tool with a further subset of tools.

We make it what we want it to be with our posts.

This new thing is a distinctly un-handy, un-wieldy abomination.

You guys do an okay job, I guess.

It still sucks.

Skiz
07-23-2010, 04:22 AM

It still sucks.

The biggest suckage is that there is no contrast to almost anything. Everything just has one main background color so there are no... erm... landmarks.

j2k4
07-24-2010, 03:47 PM

It still sucks.

The biggest suckage is that there is no contrast to almost anything. Everything just has one main background color so there are no... erm... landmarks.

Yup - zackly.

darkstate01
07-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Does exactly what i want when i want it,well done guys your continued hard work is appreciated here.
If a request is what you want, hows about doing a my searches tab like what nzb.org do for nzb collectors?

devilsadvocate
07-26-2010, 04:15 AM
We can no longer embed youtube videos.
I agree about lack of contrast, the pixelwood is too dark for my taste but all the others seem like vast expanses of white light shining at me. Other than that it does the job

Nucleus
07-26-2010, 08:29 PM
We can no longer embed youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_FfHA5whXc =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_FfHA5whXc

Or click the "Insert Video" button when posting.

[ noparse ] [ /noparse] (without the spaces) surrounding the bbcode example shown stop the bbcode being parsed.

chillax
07-27-2010, 11:22 AM
At first I found it difficult with the new layout which is quite normal when things are changed so radically I suppose. After a while I found it easier to use (the NZBs section) while moving and checking certain sections which I find better than the original version. Only thing I am not too happy with is the search which seems harder to actually narrow down what you are looking for. For example, I may wish to seach for "Rambo" so would enter Rambo and get loads of (what look like) unrelated posts in every section (from the forum as well) and usually have to use advanced search to get a more concise seach result. Obviously I am just looking for dvd with Rambo in the title but wadding through loads of results can be time consuming. Some fixes maybe needed with the cosmetics of the layout maybe but thats all really. Otherwise good job :)

Hairbautt
08-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Ew. New stuff.

Gonna have to learn everything over again.

1000possibleclaws
08-12-2010, 05:53 AM
I think the 'post areas' tab in the user profiles is brilliant. Nice job tesco (or whoever had that idea) :)