PDA

View Full Version : TV Tracker With Most Content?

bigdaddydude
07-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Hi,

I am curious what private TV trackers have alot of content that I'm looking for. I like to watch episodes from the Biography Chanel, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Food Network, History Channel, and the Learning Channel. I also enjoy TV shows like 24, Prison Break, Heroes, Chuck, Desperate Housewives, Bones, House, Smallville, One Tree Hill, Lost, CSI:Miami, The Office, Law and Order, I guess you get the idea. I read the review of BitMeTV, which looks nice but will it be difficult to seed there, even with a seedbox? I'm not a member of any dedicated TV tracker so I thought I would ask before I decide which one I would like to join. Thanks for your advice and concern.

buidanhthuy
07-20-2010, 04:02 AM
FreshOn.TV is a good Tv Tracker for you

808state
07-20-2010, 04:10 AM
BitMeTV, BTN, FreshOn and TVTorrents.com
(from what i've read)

I am personally a member of BitMeTV, BTN and TVTorrents.com and they are all great.
I think I like BTN the most because there is no ratio, but they will all have the shows you are looking for. It will probably be difficult to keep a good ratio without a seedbox on BitMeTV though. I'm using a seedbox to start off and get some buffer, then will seed with my regular connection after.

bumrocks
07-20-2010, 05:34 AM
MySpleen for all your comedy central needs...

And can provide you with invites to any of them with the exception of BTN as I am not a member there. Just shoot me a PM.

Cut-Copy-Paste
07-20-2010, 05:48 AM
is btn a new site ?

Not Really new. Its online since Nov '09

On the side note to op if he want BTN invite he can ask me. :D

pone44
07-20-2010, 05:49 AM
I think so. Here is a thread about the site(not much of a review).
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/392429-BroadcasThe.Net-Review

is btn a new site ?

pone44
07-20-2010, 06:12 AM
What looks nice?

looks nice ,really

anon
07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
I am personally a member of BitMeTV, BTN and TVTorrents.com and they are all great.

Glad to see there's some love for TvT.

HongLeong
07-20-2010, 05:45 PM
i love TvTorrents.com too. every episode is well seed. and the best is speed for old torrent & old series. still have hundreds seeder :lol:

Mihai
07-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Tvtorrents.com and Freshon.tv are all I need.

Tokeman
07-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I like BMTV and I've not found it diffacult to mantain a ratio without a seedbox. Just jump on new stuff that you watch on a regular basis and you should be fine.

capo
07-20-2010, 08:23 PM
FreshOn.TV +Bitmetv
both r very good

anon
07-20-2010, 09:24 PM
i love TvTorrents.com too.

On a sidenote, does someone happen to know which codebase they use? It's certainly not TBdev/derivates nor Gazelle, and I haven't seen it anywhere else.

freak12345
07-21-2010, 01:32 AM
i agree... most if not all of the shows that you mentioned can be found on freshon.tv...
they also have a lot of freeleech torrents so it wouldn't be difficult to keep up with their ratio requirements...

bigdaddydude
07-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks for all of your suggestions and offers. I forgot to mention that I would like to have an English forum that I can interact on and packs are always nice. Also, which of the staff are helpful? I will look over other reviews of the different trackers and decide soon.

anon
07-21-2010, 04:24 PM
I would like to have an English forum that I can interact on

You're out of luck on TvT, then. They seem not to have a forum at all, which is very rare for a private tracker.

IdolEyes787
07-21-2010, 04:58 PM
I would like to have an English forum that I can interact on

You're out of luck on TvT, then. They seem not to have a forum at all, which is very sensible for a private tracker.

anon
07-21-2010, 05:06 PM

Although it explains the fact no one's trading their way inside for its "community". It's either that or its low level. Your pick.

Quarterquack
07-21-2010, 05:07 PM
very sensible for a private tracker.

Name me one tracker where you haven't at least had the urge to look at the forums of once, or talk about some particular piece of material you found there. I'm not attacking you, it's just the second time I see someone hint that tracker forums are pointless, just today.

They're only pointless when they're overrun by mindless buffoons, but otherwise, every now and then, they do come across as useful.

ca_aok
07-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Name me one tracker where you haven't at least had the urge to look at the forums of once, or talk about some particular piece of material you found there. I'm not attacking you, it's just the second time I see someone hint that tracker forums are pointless, just today.

They're only pointless when they're overrun by mindless buffoons, but otherwise, every now and then, they do come across as useful.
Pretty much any large 0-day site.

IdolEyes787
07-21-2010, 07:17 PM

Pretty much any large 0-day site.

This .
I like the idea of forums (obviously) but most are unfortunately there because it is just considered nothing more than the usual thing to do with little if any thought behind them and the "discussions" within at best are painfully uniform from place to place and at worst amount to little more than spam your way to the appearance of "good membership"
I for one seriously don't need to see Blackdog post another "Imagine 720p 10/10 " or Kolossus rate that milf ever again .

If on the other hand people actually expressed themselves and truly listened to what other people had to say then I would consider the forum to be more important than the tracker.

chinaski
07-21-2010, 08:20 PM
then I would consider the forum to be more important than the tracker
the forum side of KG is not so bad
one can learn something about filming more then simply downloading from the tracker

it varies from point to point, there's not a leading behaviour
but i gotta admit thath majority of tracker forums are toilet sheets

McArty
07-22-2010, 04:58 AM
Hi,

I am curious what private TV trackers have alot of content that I'm looking for. I like to watch episodes from the Biography Chanel, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Food Network, History Channel, and the Learning Channel. I also enjoy TV shows like 24, Prison Break, Heroes, Chuck, Desperate Housewives, Bones, House, Smallville, One Tree Hill, Lost, CSI:Miami, The Office, Law and Order, I guess you get the idea. I read the review of BitMeTV, which looks nice but will it be difficult to seed there, even with a seedbox? I'm not a member of any dedicated TV tracker so I thought I would ask before I decide which one I would like to join. Thanks for your advice and concern.

The firsts ones you mention can be found at ScienceHD (and a lot more).

Chief_Garbonzo
07-22-2010, 05:14 AM
Hi,

The firsts ones you mention can be found at ScienceHD (and a lot more).

I wanted in ScienceHD for the longest time, and was very dissapointed when I got there. They have activity seeding requirements, like you have to download so much in such time, and it's not really scene driven, meaning if you want to cross seed your gonna have problems as they rename files, or drop the rars, or drop the nfo's and sfvs, etc. This was about 8 months ago, so things may of changed.

hoodevil
07-23-2010, 02:51 AM
BTN have documentaries content (I seek history channel in this tracker), is not ratio, have old tv series and TV series update. I love BTN is better than bitmetv and freshon.tv.

I love BTN

bumrocks
07-23-2010, 06:23 AM
BTN have documentaries content (I seek history channel in this tracker), is not ratio, have old tv series and TV series update. I love BTN is better than bitmetv and freshon.tv.

I love BTN

I am not being a smartass but are there other reasons why it is better? I mean most of what you mentioned is available on BitMeTV (outside no ratio). Much much easier to maintain a ratio on TVT.ro as it has things like freeleech available and all. Are you a member of all 3 and giving us a true unbiased opinion? How many torrents do they have? I am not a member as mentioned before, so I am actually curious...

bigdaddydude
07-23-2010, 04:18 PM
I have read reviews for all of the TV trackers everyone mentioned. All of them have their positives and negatives. I will consider which tracker I will join soon but I will only request one where I know that I will be active and use it alot.

IdolEyes787
07-23-2010, 04:50 PM
I think the smallest difference between the various TV trackers is in their content and unless your tastes are extremely esoteric if you are looking for one specifically for that reason you are probably deluding yourself.

As for BTN being "ratioless" maybe so but it's nonetheless significantly harder to get any upload credit there ( seeing as because of certain perks like invites being userclass dependent it's still not entirely unimportant) than any of site BMTV (because of the significantly smaller user base)included.I have a seedbox and I only get maybe 3 gigs on a popular show like True Blood (seeing as it another one of those everyone downloads it in the first 2 minutes and then it totally dries up kind of sites) so getting to the required 110 GBs for PU is still quit a slog.
BTN does tend to get things available quicker than any other niche tracker but still fails to beat RevTT so not much of an advantage had there.

My take ( and I'm not a member of FreshOn so I can't comment on it)and this has been said many times before is that if you have no interest beyond the usual stuff or wish to be active in the forums stick to an Oday.
If you want the absolute most stuff available and are willing to suffer a little pain to get it then BMTV.If ironically(being ratioless) you have a great connection are bt literate ,under 20 and a bit of a fanboy then BTN is probably the best choice .If you want low key ,maturity ,quirkiness and "community " then TVTorrentZ.And finally if you just want to download a wide variety of shows without any worries and zero bullshit then definitely TVT.com.
This is just my opinion btw and others may/will differ.

Oh yeah and "old" programs TvVault but you undoubtedly already knew that.

joeyp
07-24-2010, 05:56 AM
i love tv vault and extremetv org

Funkin'
07-24-2010, 10:05 AM
How many torrents do they have?

According to their stats:
Torrents: 14,673
Shows: 8,721
Series: 2,410

Which I think is pretty damn good for how young they are. But if you are happy with BMTV, then I really don't see a reason to join BTN.