PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever paid for warez?

cap87
07-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Just curious, have you? And i'm not talking just about paying directly for warez, any form of service you only subscribed to get access to warez will do (usenet, rapidshare, seedboxes, etc)

Personally, i've never paid for warez in any way. The only thing i would pay for is a dedicated server, mainly because i wouldn't use it exclusively for torrenting purposes. In the past i actually thought of paying for warez but then i looked around and realized something:

Filesharing is not just about sharing files anymore. It's slowly turning into a business with all the seedbox resellers, one click hosters and even donations (as you all know many sites actually profit with it). Should we really continue to support all this? I don't think so. Let's support the sites we use instead by sharing what we have or maybe even making a donation from time to time if the site is in need and is not profiting with it.

Let's all remember what filesharing stands for, shall we? :)

anon
07-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Personally, i've never paid for warez in any way.

Same here, unless the ISP bills also count. Perhaps the "I'm already downloading to avoid paying for stuff, so why" mentality got stuck on me.

HongLeong
07-20-2010, 05:55 PM
i pay some money for warez..i use seedbox. a cheaper one from xirvik
$19 for a month worth it :lol:

HongLeong
07-20-2010, 06:07 PM
sorry. what is "remote pc"? :P

HongLeong
07-20-2010, 06:13 PM
100mbit connection. limit 12mb up & down.

here : http://xirvik.com/semidedicated.html

19 deal. 3 user on server. so far very good :lol:

HongLeong
07-20-2010, 06:19 PM
no need to find. it was shared seedbox between 3 user :D

Cabalo
07-20-2010, 07:05 PM
I've paid for seedboxes (stupidity, won't ever do that again) as they are useless.
Also, I've paid for NG premium access, 6€ per month, it's not that it really makes a difference on my wallet. A couple less packs of Marlboro per month.

Tokeman
07-20-2010, 08:18 PM
After my ISP stopped free newsgroup access (2 Gig / month) I signed up for newsgroups for a few months. Other then that, just my ISP bill. Happily torrenting for free since I stopped the newsgroup subscription. Although it was cheap, and everything hosted came in at full speeds including old stuff, which was nice. Now I just wait a lil longer sometimes.

justask
07-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Personally, i've never paid for warez in any way.

same like you, prefer torrents site :)

anon
07-20-2010, 09:11 PM
I've paid for seedboxes (stupidity, won't ever do that again) as they are useless.

I think you closed the parentheses a bit too early :D

pone44
07-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Before I found out about Bt, i used a FTP site that charged members 25euro a month for membership. It did not have a lot of content. Was a waste of money. Paid 15 $ fora shared seedbox but never used it. Ever

A
07-21-2010, 01:23 AM
15$ each month for shared rapidshare and a shared seedbox with my friend.I enjoy my downloads,donates to places that I like being a member of(Too bad FST dosent accept donations :P),go out and buy Movies/Music etc I enjoyed as well,to keep a collection.Internet FTW <3.

Tv Controls you
07-21-2010, 02:50 AM
I dun goof'd..... When I bought a seedbox for a month to realize how pointless it was to pay for one monthly....

Because if I can't maintain the required ratio on a site with my normal connection at my house.... I shouldn't join at all....
Not to mention every site I am a member of I am more than able to maintain a good ratio at, which made it even more pointless.

Their security is almost useless due to the backtracing features of the cyberpolice of today. And the consequences will never be the same

A
07-21-2010, 03:01 AM
Because if I can't maintain the required ratio on a site with my normal connection at my house.... I shouldn't join at all....
Its not about not joining a tracker if you cant maintain a ratio,Its about joining a tracker to get the content it offers.Atleast thats the case for me.
If I were to not join any tracker where I couldn't maintain a ratio from home,I would not have joined any tracker except IPT and those ratioless trackers out there.

P.S:FST is acting weird.

Quarterquack
07-21-2010, 03:25 AM
I pay monthly for RS access, and am about to switch over to MU. Some of the stuff I find there can't be found anywhere else, and that's good enough for me to use them.

Tv Controls you
07-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Its not about not joining a tracker if you cant maintain a ratio,Its about joining a tracker to get the content it offers.Atleast thats the case for me.
If I were to not join any tracker where I couldn't maintain a ratio from home,I would not have joined any tracker except IPT and those ratioless trackers out there.

P.S:FST is acting weird.

Only if you could hear (or read in this case).. how much of a leecher you sound like... lol

I personally like to give back what I download to others, and If I can't achieve that.... I'm not really helping out the community.
I don't understand what is soo odd about this concept of maintaining a ratio...

Also... I'm not sure if you understood my last post correctly... So to sum it up... In my current situation it is unnecessary for me to purchase a seedbox.

th0r
07-21-2010, 05:56 AM
i've never bought warez, but i used to sell warez in high school

Halogen
07-21-2010, 06:31 AM
I've had a usenet account for the past ~6 months but I'm thinking of cancelling it, the content I'm looking for isn't available in any greater quantities (not anywhere near the heaps and mounds I expected at least) so right now it feels like a waste of money..

Oh and way, way back in high school I knew a guy who knew a guy who sold burned warez cd-r's for like 50$. I bought two or three together with a couple of frieds iirc. :lol:

HongLeong
07-21-2010, 09:46 AM
I've had a usenet account for the past ~6 months but I'm thinking of cancelling it, the content I'm looking for isn't available in any greater quantities (not anywhere near the heaps and mounds I expected at least) so right now it feels like a waste of money..

Oh and way, way back in high school I knew a guy who knew a guy who sold burned warez cd-r's for like 50$. I bought two or three together with a couple of frieds iirc. :lol:

see post above you
is it him? :lol:

Funkin'
07-21-2010, 10:15 AM
I pay monthly for RS access, and am about to switch over to MU. Some of the stuff I find there can't be found anywhere else, and that's good enough for me to use them.

I'm about to do the same. Ever since RS changed their service I've been using MU almost exclusively, and finding pretty much everything that I want. And you can download as much as want, so it's definitely the better hoster.

Anyways, I pay for file hoster premium accounts and for newsgroup block accounts.

A
07-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Only if you could hear (or read in this case).. how much of a leecher you sound like... lol
Yes I am a leecher who makes use of seedbox,FTP the stuff I actually want to home and then keep seeding there.

I personally like to give back what I download to others, and If I can't achieve that.... I'm not really helping out the community.
When I cant do that from home,I find alternatives.

cap87
07-21-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm surprised no one commented the whole "filesharing turning into a business" thing.

i guess no one cares. Meh.

Hombre
07-21-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm surprised no one commented the whole "filesharing turning into a business" thing.

You have to ask that to trackers!!! they are the ones make money off people. they are the ones worried with money, not users.

mysoogals
07-21-2010, 01:45 PM
i paid for vps seedbox, 10 dollars per month for 10mbit/s 10 gb hd, bandwidth 350, used 89gb of bandwidth lots of documentaries , hmm what else, oh yes usenext 1USD for that 5 gb i think or was it 1gb bandwidth, max out 8mb connection every day

in all about 11 dollars it was worth it.

Burnsy
07-21-2010, 02:20 PM
You have to ask that to trackers!!! they are the ones make money off people. they are the ones worried with money, not users.

How can you say that in light of recent threads about even the 'Main Trackers' looking for donations from it's members due to a shortage of funds? FSC, FTN to name but a couple... then there's even been stoi mentioning how BCG don't even 'make money' into the bargain...

I think you'll find that even though there are a few with massive member bases, who effectively encourage Pay2Leech, there are a far, far greater number who don't 'make money'... most can't even meet their monthly server costs, never mind "make money off people".

antrax34130
07-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Never:

torrent : invites
seedbox: shared
NG: shared or phishing
RS and other hosts: phishing
FTP: contribution

Night0wl
07-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Apart from joining one of those "unlimited free legal music" sites way back when, no.

But to their defense the network, which was some kind of highly modified music file only program (think part of network or program name was gIFT or something like that), and actually found the stuff you were looking for, was quite nice. Although by today's standards the audio quality sucked.

I remember trying Limewire while a member there and dumping Limewire for that other program, even though Limewire was free.

Back then you could get scammed, without feeling like you were scammed. Especially since it was something like $19.99 for two years and included an active request forum on site.

Hombre
07-22-2010, 03:06 AM
i spend 87€ each month on seedbox. reach high class on almost all decent trackers.

Ewwwyourface
07-22-2010, 05:25 AM
warez means free
who the hell pays?

Speedo
07-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Never for downloads, but a vpn might be worth it.

pone44
07-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Damn. You either have a lot of money or :idunno:.
How is that worth it?

i spend 87€ each month on seedbox. reach high class on almost all decent trackers.

cap87
07-22-2010, 10:37 AM

I was not thinking much about trackers who profit from their users donations when i wrote the first post, that is nothing new and actually many established trackers are in danger of closing because of the lack of donations.

I was thinking more of all the greedy seedbox resellers (mainly, just look at all the ads in this site, seedbox section here and the ads on all the major bt related sites), one click hosters (i.e. RS, changing policies to get more money) and server providers (ovh anyone?).

bondgannu
07-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Hmmm./

Well franly speaking I have bever paid for Warez, though I have donated to some tracker.
Got some spared dollars through net on Paypal, so thought of spending it for my choice :D

And I look forward to buy seedbox, to buffer my account in future :D

buidanhthuy
07-22-2010, 12:04 PM

I can live in a month with 87€ lol. Never paid anything for warez except internet fee :D

mrnobody
07-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Just curious, have you? And i'm not talking just about paying directly for warez, any form of service you only subscribed to get access to warez will do (usenet, rapidshare, seedboxes, etc)

nope never and i plan to keep it that way :yes:

BABBY
07-24-2010, 11:23 AM
i have paid indirectly by having rs and hotfile account and by seedbox most of the time, but i have considerably reduced my investment since last 7 to 8 months

karachidude
07-24-2010, 11:48 AM
all in all 50$'s on seedboxes :D

bigdaddydude
07-24-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm using a seedbox right now.

sangos
07-25-2010, 12:24 PM
never have exp. the net fee, but am planing to get MU account or RS as some of the old content i look for i can only find it there and i hate RS for 1 download every 2 hours, MU for not allowing Jdownloader to use it`s "Happy hours" :D:D :P