PDA

View Full Version : Good Job on the NZB Section

lightshow
07-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Staff,

I just want to say good job on the NZB section.

My number one thing I like about it is the nzb naming. Now instead of 233423432 you use the full release name. This is GREAT. I used to have to copy + paste the post name and make the nzb save as that name. Now I can just grab the NZB and it's already named correctly. This is great, now all my stuff is named correctly without me doing anything!

I really like the image preview for all the posts as well. I don't always know the movie, and seeing the cover is always nice.

The comment addition where you can see what has comments is a nice add on as well. This will hopefully spur more discussion about the movies/games/etc.

Good job guys/girls, looks great.

tesco
07-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Glad to hear you're liking the update. It really was a lot of work but fun at the same time, and will bring more great things in the future with the flexibility of my code.

Skiz
07-21-2010, 08:22 AM
My number one thing I like about it is the nzb naming. Now instead of 233423432 you use the full release name. This is GREAT. I used to have to copy + paste the post name and make the nzb save as that name. Now I can just grab the NZB and it's already named correctly. This is great, now all my stuff is named correctly without me doing anything!

I used to do the exact same thing. This was the only place where I downloaded NZBs that didn't contain an identifiable title, thus I had to keep a wired keyboard in the living room for my media center. Now that the naming structure has improved, I've already tucked the keyboard away in a closet. Fanks tesco. :happy:

maphongbax
07-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Why would you want to rename the nzb in the first place? Doesn't matter what the nzb's name is, you'll download the same files anyway.

tesco
07-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Why would you want to rename the nzb in the first place? Doesn't matter what the nzb's name is, you'll download the same files anyway.
There are at least 2 reasons.
1) If you don't use the NZB right now, tomorrow you will have no idea what the NZB is for unless you open it with notepad.
2) Most news readers have an option to download to folders named the same as the NZB, and again tomorrow you will have no idea what is in that folder without a proper name.