PDA

View Full Version : top torrent trackers for polygot language students??

unknown1_
07-24-2010, 05:47 AM
A couple of my friends and myself, between all of us, we speak a lot of languages and we always love to join to be a part of foreign languages trackers to listen to their music. I've listed a number of languages that we are interested in and I was wondering if you all could list the best tracker in your native language that would be of use to language students who wish to listen to music and watch movies in your particular language? Excluding english, of course, since we all speak that language perfectly. I will list a couple that I am pretty sure about already but do please correct me if I'm wrong.

*Note: Please ONLY LIST ONE specific tracker not two or a huge list! Thanks!

Spanish - hermeticos
Chinese - ?
Korean - ? for movies -> asiandvdclub.org (they have country specific torrent trackers that are all in Korean also such as M동. I have yet to gain an invite to one.)
Japanese - for music -> jpopsuki for movies -> asiandvdclub.org
Mongolian - ?
Thai - torrentzaa
French - Playthenet
German - TS-tracker.org
Vietnamese - bitvn.org
Arabic - arabfilms.org
Dutch - Dutchthis
Danish - nxtgn.org
Swedish - tti.nu
Hungarian - Bithumen
Bulgarian - Zamunda
Norwegian - Norbits
Romanian - czteam
Filipino (Tagalog) - pinoytorrents
Greek - teamofgreeks
Hebrew - Downrev (maybe 'hebits' ...)
Italian - bitvault
Hindi - desitorrents
Bengali - desitorrents
Lithuanian - linkojmania
Latvian - fano.lv
Irish - irishtorrents
Portuguese - evopt.org or manicomio-share
Russian - rutracker.org
Ukrainian - hdclub
Finnish - finbytes
Indonesian/Malay - Jiwang
Persian Farsi - iraniantorrents
Polish - polishtracker.org

There are other languages that we would like to find the best torrent sites that match those languages but we're not sure if torrent tracker sites exist for these languages so we'll post the other sites later. (Laotian, Cambodia, etc.) I hope to learn a lot about THE top foreign language torrent tracker sites that are posted here! Remember, only post one, that's all! Thank you! ^^

Edit: I'm also wondering what's the best Hispanic music website? Someplace where I can find rare salsa music and the like... If the particular site happens to also be the best Spanish speaking torrent tracker that I'm looking for above, then just state that. Otherwise, please feel free to list the one best Hispanic music (salsa, etc.) music tracker. ^^

Mister Moo
07-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Hey Great Idea man, hey you want my norbits account? I'm sure you could figure it out better than me, I have no idea what the hell those guys are talking about. The only word so far I have mastered is Takar.

Your going to have to prove to me that you are fluent in Norweigan. go

unknown1_
07-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Jeg snakker norsk men jeg ikke sa jeg kan flytende. Sure I wouldn't mind having your norbits account but is it THE best Norwegian tracker for Norwegian language music/movies?? If so, sure I'd be grateful. ^^

antrax34130
07-24-2010, 11:07 AM
France : Allotracker and PlayTheNet

unknown1_
07-24-2010, 11:11 AM
France : Allotracker and PlayTheNet

*Note: Please ONLY LIST ONE specific tracker not two or a huge list! Thanks!

but thanks though, antrax! so which one is the best out of all French trackers, allotracker or Playthenet??

antrax34130
07-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Allotracker has more torrents and Ethor is a canadian tracker (french language)

Quarterquack
07-24-2010, 04:13 PM
If you want Arabic music, forget about trackers. There's a lot of underground stuff hosted on edu lines, though. Search for it, shouldn't be too hard to find. ;)

EDIT: As for polish, you're right about PolishTracker.org; I have a few friends that swear by it.

unknown1_
07-24-2010, 05:17 PM
If you want Arabic music, forget about trackers. There's a lot of underground stuff hosted on edu lines, though. Search for it, shouldn't be too hard to find. ;)
I don't see anything about "edu lines" in my Google search. Would you please explain what this is and how one accesses it, please? It sounds very nice! ^^

TraLaLa
07-24-2010, 07:07 PM
It seems to me that you want the best tracker from every country with a great story of haw many languages you speak. gud luck wit that

unknown1_
07-24-2010, 10:38 PM
@TraLaLa - I don't speak all of the languages listed in the list. As I stated in the initial post, between my friends and I, WE collectively speak a lot of languages. I just want this thread to be an accumulation of the absolute best trackers associated with the languages that we speak. Not all the languages of the world, only the ones I listed. ^^

pone44
07-24-2010, 10:39 PM
30+ languages? :blink:

@TraLaLa - I don't speak all of the languages listed in the list. As I stated in the initial post, between my friends and I, WE collectively speak a lot of languages. I just want this thread to be an accumulation of the absolute best trackers associated with the languages that we speak. Not all the languages of the world, only the ones I listed. ^^

unknown1_
07-24-2010, 10:45 PM
@pone44 - Yes sir. I don't think that is unusual though. And yeah, Tralala, even with what I stated earlier, I wouldn't mind having access to all the trackers I listed and potential ones listed here. But I'm hoping that they (the websites) are actually written in the languages they are associated with rather than being written in English. That would help us with our language skills much better.

pone44
07-24-2010, 11:06 PM
It's not but i doubt that you will get access to all those trackers, who knows though. So you are going to watch movies to learn these languages or are looking for films from these countries listed?

@pone44 - Yes sir. I don't think that is unusual though. And yeah, Tralala, even with what I stated earlier, I wouldn't mind having access to all the trackers I listed and potential ones listed here. But I'm hoping that they (the websites) are actually written in the languages they are associated with rather than being written in English. That would help us with our language skills much better.

unknown1_
07-24-2010, 11:14 PM
We are not in the beginning stages now. The languages that we speak, we all are pretty proficient in them somewhat. (but not all of course) We would be primarily using the sites to download music in different languages. I am also a member of the website karaoke-world.co.uk so for the languages that don't have karaoke language specific forums, we will make karaoke files for them and sing till we can't sing anymore! :D As you can see, we love karaoke! I, for one, know that I won't be watching movies that much simply because sitting down to watch a movie is a time-consuming task and most of the languages have a terrible movie industry. Exceptions include Japanese (great kinky tv shows), Korean (nice movies)

pone44
07-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Try looking through the trackers on http://www.torrentking.org/?select=all or Google to see what trackers you are interested in and post back.

unknown1_
07-24-2010, 11:29 PM
@pone44 - Thanks but I've seen that website before already. Unfortunately, it is a very outdated and not useful site for the most part.

Quarterquack
07-25-2010, 02:00 AM
I don't see anything about "edu lines" in my Google search. Would you please explain what this is and how one accesses it, please? It sounds very nice! ^^

Edu lines is a short form of saying university slaves. Then again, that might not make any sense, either. If you want, I can explain it in better detail over pm's. I'd hate it if some of my favorite ones are taken down over a google search aide. :whistling

unknown1_
07-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Sure go ahead and PM me. I'm all ears because yeah "university slaves" doesn't ring any bells either. ^^

What about the other language torrent trackers? Judging by the posts I've seen FST, there should be plenty of multilingual members all over this forum. Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish, Russian, etc. to name a few of the languages whose native speakers frequent here...

Quarterquack
07-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Instead of hunting down specific trackers (though, I'm sure they exist) why not visit a place like TL or TB, considering they race a lot of foreign stuff? What's wrong with specific language forums, where this question would probably be answered relatively promptly?

By the way, just out of pure curiosity, when you say "we" while collectively referring to your group; how large is said group? I speak 4 languages, myself. If I were to sum up all the languages my friends and I speak, it would be about 10 (9 if you count British as English), so I'm quite surprised to see the extent of your respective lingual musters.

As for the PM, you'll find it in your inbox tomorrow. I'm quite the lazy bum.

n00bz0r
07-25-2010, 02:34 AM
cool story bro :thumbsup:

kickass
07-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Brazil/Portuguese: manicomio-share

unknown1_
07-25-2010, 03:05 AM
Instead of hunting down specific trackers (though, I'm sure they exist) why not visit a place like TL or TB, considering they race a lot of foreign stuff?
Simply because the particular language oriented community isn’t present on these general trackers that you are referring to. On most or probably ALL of these trackers, there is stipulation listed in the rules of the forum that there is to be no other language other than English spoken in the forums amongst the community. This doesn’t help with language skills. Nevertheless, just because a site has this rule doesn’t mean it isn’t the best tracker associated a particular language. For example, jpopsuki.eu is the best tracker for jpop but the site in interfaced in the English language, even though Japanese can be spoken there as well, from what I was told in the IRC channel. BUT the native speakers of the language will know which tracker is the best for their native tongue.

What's wrong with specific language forums, where this question would probably be answered relatively promptly?
Not true from my experience. By far, the absolute best language forum on the net, is unilang.org and any discussion regarding illegal file sharing (bittorent and the like) on that forum is explicitly forbidden. (I’ve been a member there since ’04, best language forum period)

I speak 4 languages, myself.
That’s what I assumed. I'm certain that others here speak 6 or 7 languages naturally. The only individuals I would expect to be monolingual would be Americans. But a lot of them speak at least a little bit of Spanish, so they are bilingual, which is great!

As for the PM, you'll find it in your inbox tomorrow.
I’ll be looking for it, thanks!

NesteaZen
07-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to ask your friends who speak the respective languages to go and search the web themselves? Search for smiliar forums to filesharingtalk and ask there.

unknown1_
07-25-2010, 06:26 PM
@NesteaZen - Yeah, I presume we could do that for some of the languages, actually some of the languages we will have no choice but to do that. But I also think it's best to inquire here as well since, if I'm correct, FST is still be the best place to ask this type of question regarding torrents.

elbuitre
07-27-2010, 01:42 AM
spanish: Hermeticos, PuntoTorrent. Both are from Spain I think, with a majority of Spaniard users; They do have a lot of stuff from all spanish speaking countries though.

unknown1_
07-27-2010, 07:43 AM
spanish: Hermeticos, PuntoTorrent. Both are from Spain I think, with a majority of Spaniard users; They do have a lot of stuff from all spanish speaking countries though.
Out of the two you listed, which one is the best? And also, would it also be the best place to find rare salsa/hispanic music?

anon
07-27-2010, 04:30 PM
spanish: Hermeticos, PuntoTorrent.

BT-Arg is another, Argentine one, although as of my last check, speeds and peer activity really lacked over there. :(

unknown1_
07-27-2010, 07:38 PM
spanish: Hermeticos, PuntoTorrent.

BT-Arg is another, Argentine one, although as of my last check, speeds and peer activity really lacked over there. :(
Please gentleman, only list the one which is the best. NOT two or a random list. (as requested in the first post) Thank you though!! ^^

sez
07-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Please gentleman, only list the one which is the best. NOT two or a random list. (as requested in the first post) Thank you though!! ^^

I'd take that as an insult if I was anon lol.
Dood other than the attitude,I fail to understand why you want to speak 20 languages.If it's for college then I think 4 or 5 is enough to get you into any good school out there.If you intend on being a teacher then I also doubt how effective you'd be with surface proficiency in 100 languages.

The last viable theory I can think of is that you look upto ban ki moon and you got this UN interpreter thing going on in hope that you'll overhear an assasination plot in a foreign language and eventually land a movie deal based on that conversation.
http://0.tqn.com/d/movies/1/0/0/a/6/theinterpreterposter.jpg

unknown1_
07-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Please do not take it as an insult by any means. I am simply looking for one that's all. I didn't insult him in any way as far as I see but if I did then I do in fact apologize. No offense intended.

About the other languages though. Well, we all like languages! I don't know of any other simpler way to explain it. Ringhunter speaks fluent four languages and has a basic understanding of many other languages from what I gained from his messages to me. I can guarantee that I speak far far fewer languages than some of the other more educated members here. ;) I simply love to learn even if it is "in vain" in the opinions of some. I always have fun learning and teaching. :)

A
07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Well gotta say,its kinda unusual to learn a lot of different languages lol and to keep up with all it as well.May I recommend Incremental Reading (http://help.supermemo.org/wiki/Incremental_reading) :P,btw I know Chinese,English and my native lanuguge and a little bit of French,Japanese and Dzongha.
Anyway,bwtorrents and Desitorrents,both of them are very good content vise.Joining any one of them will suffice.You will find Music/Movies etc in different languages spoken in India.But Hindi is the mainly focused language,forum and tracker is english though.

anon
07-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Please do not take it as an insult by any means. I am simply looking for one that's all. I didn't insult him in any way as far as I see but if I did then I do in fact apologize. No offense intended.

No worries, I'm obviously at fault since I didn't read what you mentioned in the first post. :)

unknown1_
07-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Anyway,bwtorrents and Desitorrents,both of them are very good content vise.Joining any one of them will suffice.
I'm assuming Desitorrents is the best as I originally suspected. :)

btw I know Chinese,English and my native lanuguge and a little bit of French,Japanese and Dzongha.
Yet another polygot reveal himself! lol! But where's the other language representation? ^^

becomehokage
07-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Its fucking polyglot!!!! Jeez with an "l"

unknown1_
07-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Oops, yeah, polyglot. That's what I meant. My apologies for the spelling mishap, it is a mistake that a language enthusiast should not make. ^^

becomehokage
07-29-2010, 09:19 AM
No you know what, i overreacted.Its just that when i first saw the thread topic i was like "wtf is polygot?maybe its polygon?...nah that doesnt make any sense"
and then after reading your first post i finally got it.But no sir you just did it again with your last post and i was liek "oh come oooon" :D

A
07-29-2010, 10:33 AM
But where's the other language representation? ^^
Didnt get you but if you were asking about Dzonga,its the native language of Bhutnese people.

unknown1_
07-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Didnt get you but if you were asking about Dzonga,its the native language of Bhutnese people.
well, I was referring to the absence of member recommendations for the best tracker in the other languages that are on my list in the original post BUT since you mentioned that. You are a citizen of Bhutan!!?? Wow! That is soo cool! Do you live there in Bhutan right now? From what I know about Bhutan, it is one of the most isolated places in the world AND it is ranked as being one of the happiest places to live on earth! Currently, I have no interest in Dzonga but I'd love to get to know you better in hopes that one day I could actually visit you in Bhutan! I know it sounds crazy to say something like that on a forum but I travel when I can and also I heard that foreigners visiting Bhutan have to pay $200 for every day that they are visiting Bhutan! A daily foreign tax! Extremely expensive place to visit! (sorry for the off-topic. Is it ok, if I PM you?) My, my, my, what a pleasant surprise, we have some interesting members here on FST, it seems. ^^

A
07-30-2010, 02:39 AM
I was born and spent my childhood upto 5th standard there(In capital,Thimphu),then moved to japan and just when I was about to get laid there(Damn!),I got moved to India for my highschool.Bhutan being Isolated has its benefits.Calm and quiet country in the middle of himalayas <3,Traditionally rich and their capital city and some other hot spots are technologically advanced as well.Well,remote areas are still lagging behind though.I visit Bhutan every big holiday that I get but never head about the 200$ tax,its maybe because India,Bhutan and some other asian countries are in "SAARC" treaty.I dont mind any PM but I dont know,If I can be of any help.

7th
07-30-2010, 12:21 PM
when i first saw the thread topic i was like "wtf is polygot?maybe its polygon?...nah that doesnt make any sense"
and then after reading your first post i finally got it.But no sir you just did it again with your last post and i was liek "oh come oooon" :D

No sir, he's totally right! Polygot exists and is just a polyglot, as you already know, who haven't mastered English yet. And that's it! :P

unknown1_
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
bwtorrents and Desitorrents,both of them are very good content vise.
I just stumbled on this link here and here:
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/01/dctorrent-desi-club-torrent.html
http://www.torrent-invites.com/tracker-reviews/26467-bwtorrents-bwt-desi-2009-a.html

So, maybe the best desi tracker isn't "Desi-torrents or Bwt"....?? The first link lists two other possible alternatives "ExDesi & iDesiR". And the second link refers to a Desi tracker that is a "secret site"..?? You know anything about that??

pone44
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
FST has reviews for both of those sites you linked in your post.
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/391849-DesiTorrents-Review?highlight=bollywood
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/389638-BwT-Review?highlight=bollywood

The only other sites (besides the ones you mention)I have read about is DesiBBrG, iDesiR and ICTorrent.
I am not sure what secret site you are referring to.

I just stumbled on this link here and here:

So, maybe the best desi tracker isn't "Desi-torrents or Bwt"....?? The first link lists two other possible alternatives "ExDesi & iDesiR". And the second link refers to a Desi tracker that is a "secret site"..?? You know anything about that??

unknown1_
08-03-2010, 11:26 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/391849-DesiTorrents-Review?highlight=bollywood
Man, that review for BwT sucks butt major time!
http://www.torrent-invites.com/tracker-reviews/26467-bwtorrents-bwt-desi-2009-a.html

That's better! For the record, BwT is the current best Desi tracker. Confirmed. :)

pone44
08-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Man, Don't blame me. I didn't make it. :snooty:

Man, that review for BwT sucks butt major time!

That's better! For the record, BwT is the current best Desi tracker. Confirmed. :)

unknown1_
08-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Man, Don't blame me. I didn't make it. :snooty:
Oh no, I'm not faulting you. lol. I was just thinking out loud. :D

unknown1_
02-26-2011, 12:47 AM
List updated today. Anything new to add? :D :D

yamada
02-26-2011, 02:57 AM
That's a good idea mate! Looks u haven't got any one for Chinese. As I know, CHDBits, HDChina and TorrenTGui are the best Chinese tracker for movies, they r all HD trackers.
As to music, I only know open.cd which is new, but provide good music.