PDA

View Full Version : Xirvik - 3xl Performance Semidedicated Review?

reno55
07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Is anyone currently using this or another Xirvik semidedicated box? I am curious as to how it is working out for you as I am thinking of taking the plunge.

stan
07-27-2010, 09:09 AM
I have been using the Extra large semi dedicated for the last few month. It is an American server rather than the usual French OVH. As it says in the blurb there are only 3 slots per server. I rather think I have been lucky in the fact the 2 other people do not seem to hammer the box. Never get less than 4MB / 32mb upload and download speed. Often I will get the full 12MB /100mb for short periods. This is usually when I upload a popular torrent somewhere and I will be the only seeder.

The extralarge has 200GB space rather than the stated 125GB. This is more than enough for me as I seldom run more than 5 torrents at a time. As I am more than over buffered at the trackers I use I tend not to use it to it’s full potential. Rather a toy I use from work when I am bored. Which is most of the time.

The server has been up and running for three month. If there is a major breakdown Xirvik give you the extra time back. E-mail support is excellent.

seeder22
08-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Ive always recognized xirvik as one of the leading providers of seedboxes. they have been around for as long as ive had a seedbox.

i had one with them several months ago and loved it. im currently with RapidPeer and found it to be very similar in speed , support and price.

bigdaddydude
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I would highly recommend Xirvik. Their prices are competitive, they have excellent speeds and fast support.

Thelen
08-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Xirvik is one of the oldest, and most established.

Feral is the next oldest and established, their system and support is far better than Xirviks though. Their (Xirvik) prices aren't that competitive, you do pay the premium for being one of 3-5 users per server, and I fail to see the point of so little users on 100Mbit when 100Mbit you get buffer from having torrents seed for a long time, ie average speed.

need
08-30-2010, 12:48 PM
I've been on the extra large semi-dedicated from xirvik now for about 5 days, this is my first experience with a seedbox and has been great so far, upped like a TB of data so far - took me about a year to do previously on one of the private trackers that I use through my regular internet - highly recommend