PDA

View Full Version : Eminem's new album "Recovery"

pone44
07-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Probably one of his best album's so far,one of the best albums out now (my opinion) including Drake's new album.I read a article There are few albums that have 14+ plus tracks out of 17 that I like. He fell off with one good song out of 20 on his last album "Relapse" but made a come back with this album.I like the song "Talkin' 2 Myself " is about his struggle with drugs,jealousy,depression,losing his best friend. It sold over 741,000 units in the 1st week (according to soundscan).

megabyteme
07-27-2010, 06:49 AM
I've long-since found him amazingly talented, and his new album did not disappoint me. He seems to be more mature, and coming to terms with himself. I believe some of his earlier work was better, but this album is a logical progression to his life's story. His strength has always come from being able to express his feelings and experiences. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Torrentdeamon
07-27-2010, 06:54 PM
really liking his new album i have all of the album he has done

pone44
07-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Which one of Eminem's album's do you guys think is better than "Recovery"?
I like his freestyles/battle raps found on mixtapes. besides his latest album, I enjoyed "The Eminem show' the most.
I thought he would be another Vanilla Ice (one hit wonder) when he 1st came out but he hooked up with Dr.Dre and has become one of the most successful rappers of all time.

megabyteme
07-27-2010, 08:44 PM
TBH, I am not a fan of rap typically. Eminem is my one exception. I may still need to warm up to his latest album, and then I may appreciate it a bit more. Each of his albums have had some GREAT songs, but I did not immediately connect with any on this latest album the way I did with Lose Yourself, Stan, '97 Bonnie and Clyde.

I'll give it another listen soon.

musicaldj
07-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah guys, it's really good album. I' m not a big fan of rep ,but this album is ...Awesome..,.I listening it again and again. i really love song with Rihana.

justask
07-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Awesome album , eminem always has good album but this is AMAZING thats all

pone44
07-30-2010, 07:15 PM
'Stan' featuring Dido is a classic and one of the best songs he ever came out with. I liked 'Lose Yourself' until they played it out on MTV and the radio. 'Stan','The Way I Am' and the self titled song 'Marshall Mathers' are my favorite tracks from 'The Marshall Mathers LP'. I did not like his first album 'Infinite' at all. Only the song with Royce Da 59.
The next 4 albums (produced by Dr.Dre) seem to get better with each release until he came out with "Relapse". The lyrics on the 'Relapse' album(almost every song) were terrible,too raunchy. The only decent track on the album was '3Am'.

The song with Rhianna 'Love the Way You Lie' is one of the best songs on the album 'Recovery' along with '25 To Life','Cold Wind Blows','Going Through Changes', too many to list. Anyone who likes his music or hip hop/rap will enjoy this album.

TBH, I am not a fan of rap typically. Eminem is my one exception. I may still need to warm up to his latest album, and then I may appreciate it a bit more. Each of his albums have had some GREAT songs, but I did not immediately connect with any on this latest album the way I did with Lose Yourself, Stan, '97 Bonnie and Clyde.

I'll give it another listen soon.

eyekey
08-06-2010, 02:18 AM
It's hard to imagine someone only enjoying Eminem out of everyone that has ever came out of hip-hop. Either it's limited exposure, or just....... Anyhows, I'd rate this album my 2nd favorite of his works. The Marshall Mathers LP edges this out for 1st...

Tv Controls you
08-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Eminem's new cd has a few good songs, but the other songs are really bad.... So bad is the best track on the cd... Maybe no love actually (wayne gets blown away on the track lol)

I know any rap fan is going to flame me, but gucci mane's new mixtape mr. zone 6 was so much hottier than this. lebron flocka james 2 went pretty hard also... I just like Atlanta rap I guess lol.
Can't wait for jeezy and gucci to drop their cd's on the 26th!!!

megabyteme
08-09-2010, 04:50 AM
It's hard to imagine someone only enjoying Eminem out of everyone that has ever came out of hip-hop. Either it's limited exposure, or just....... Anyhows, I'd rate this album my 2nd favorite of his works. The Marshall Mathers LP edges this out for 1st...

It is certainly limited exposure. I have never been drawn to the "gangster lifestyle". On the same note, I rarely have interest in country- as the "redneck lifestyle" lacks a draw, too. :P My wife listens to country, and on rare occasions, I'll point out that I think one of the songs she is listening to is, "good", or, "doesn't irritate me". Eminem has been, or at least was, more visible during my first introduction to his music- around the release of 8 Mile. Coincidentally, I believe that was the last movie I watched in a theater.

I would also point out that some of the life stories described in his song have connections, or at least catch my funny-bone, more than other rap, or hip-hop "artists". I find talk of bitches, Hos, gats, Cristal, bling, and cars, to be quite lame...

Quarterquack
08-09-2010, 05:14 AM
MBM:

Rap/R&B: Immortal Technique (start off with Dance with the Devil), Flipsyde (start off with Happy Birthday).
Country: Rascal Flatts (start off with Skin/What Hurts the Most), Kenny Chesney (start off with Don't Blink/The Good Stuff).

I do this thing where I recommend "introduction"/non-positive exposure artists to friends I know are trying to get into a certain genre. I don't recommend things you'd normally find by browsing the related videos in youtube, but something everyone can still enjoy, but at the same time, I make sure that the songs I recommend are lyrically very deep. Pull up the lyrics and listen to each and every one of those songs, and I dare you to say even one of them wasn't mind-blowing.

Every genre out there is amazing with incredible artists. Anyone who can say they outright hate a genre or "can't get into" a particular one is just being a trendy douche echoing what their best friend heard from his thirtieth girlfriend. Give everything a shot, bud. Don't listen to mainstream stuff all the time, most of it is cliche stuff that the label thinks is good enough. Some of my favorite bands of all time broke up after their first album.

:)

EDIT: And oh, I didn't enjoy Eminem's new album as I usually do. I listen to Eminem because he usually talked about his problems in a way with which I could easily feel related. All of a sudden he switched that around for a lyrically appealing "touching" song set that everyone can relate to. If I wanted that, I would have listened to hundreds of other artists. I listened to Eminem because he was unique and talked about things I wouldn't hear elsewhere, but he's suddenly turning into a T.I. caring about the beat and the riffs as opposed to lyrical nirvana.

megabyteme
08-10-2010, 06:22 AM
RH-

I read the lyrics to Dance with the Devil. I will grab the album on your recommendation, but it seems to fall in the category that most other rap does- it has absolutely no connection to MY life. I consider myself to be quite lucky that I have no connections to inner-city poverty, petty territorial pissing contests, unnecessary loss of life, prostitution, hard drugs, yo momma, pimps, etc. I know it exists and I don't see it truly being something that will change in my lifetime. It's sad.

Like I said, I will give the album a shot. The lyrics themselves were quite powerful- I DO admire talent.

bigdogg2020
08-22-2010, 07:43 PM
by far the best album of his yet. He is finally back to take over!

SelfMadeMMAn
08-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Eminem+Rap= no talent

pone44
08-23-2010, 04:46 AM
We all like different music. What do you listen to?

Eminem+Rap= no talent

Talent earns money so does Jonas brothers type pop artists but if that your thing,to each his/her own.

Quarterquack
08-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Like I said, I will give the album a shot. The lyrics themselves were quite powerful- I DO admire talent.

How did it fair on your musical judgment scale from Kanye to Awesome? :)

1000possibleclaws
08-23-2010, 07:07 AM
MBM:

Country: Hank Williams III, Ryan Adams, Lucero. These are more 'alt-country' as opposed to the redneck kind you may be used to? I dunno worth a shot, not all country is bad :P

If you don't like rap, then just listen to hip-hop instead. It's more relate-able and easier to listen to, but I can't really recommend anything as I don't listen to enough of the genre. If you want to give rap another shot, something like Dizzee Rascal or The Streets would probably be more down your alley than something like Immortal Technique

aerospace
08-31-2010, 01:40 AM
Favorite song was "I'm not afraid." Funny story: I had actually stopped listening to eminem completely after finishing High School. 5 years later I'm watching the Stanley Cup final and they play the song "I'm not afraid." It's one of those songs like David Usher's Black Black Heart, that you want to listen to again and again.

el7is
09-02-2010, 11:16 AM
good songs,
reality king

Quarterquack
09-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Favorite song was "I'm not afraid." Funny story: I had actually stopped listening to eminem completely after finishing High School. 5 years later I'm watching the Stanley Cup final and they play the song "I'm not afraid." It's one of those songs like David Usher's Black Black Heart, that you want to listen to again and again.

Now if only you can get the song name right, considering you support the artist and all.

Krunch
09-04-2010, 02:52 PM
nice album ... (-:

josecitox
09-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Itīs a good album, not his best though

TheDave
09-08-2010, 08:57 PM
At first i thought he'd gone a bit mad and decided that rather than doing his normal formula (1st single = pop, 2nd = story telling, 3rd = emo), he just decided to do his emo one for every song. Then i read about the theories that he's subtly dissing Lil Wayne, and decided he thinks he's getting old and looking a little desperate. Then i realised he's just trying to be the best flow-wise, and this is the closest we've had to his mixtape clowning about for a while. I am contented.

dzamba
09-10-2010, 03:34 PM
it's amazing album for me .

berkche
09-10-2010, 07:24 PM
One of the best albums this year!!!!!
I love all Eminems Songs!!!

dzamba
09-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Whos know when new album comes out ?:D

berfor
09-12-2010, 03:13 PM
very good album!

spongeduckie
09-22-2010, 04:16 AM
He still hasn't changed...meaning he's still wack. Underground Hip Hop fer da WIN!