PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good chillout and downtempo music tracker?

TopKill
07-27-2010, 05:52 AM
I am a member of torrentech, and shellife. I love them, and they both have some good chillout stuff too, but I'm looking for something more focused on it. I came across music.chill.lv, but it seems long dead. :cry:

I know it's a long-shot, but... :unsure:

Thanks. :)

Chief_Garbonzo
07-27-2010, 06:50 AM
I am a member of torrentech, and shellife. I love them, and they both have some good chillout stuff too, but I'm looking for something more focused on it. I came across music.chill.lv, but it seems long dead. :cry:

I know it's a long-shot, but... :unsure:

Thanks. :)

I think I might be able to sprinkle some thoughts here. :yes: I myself do not know of any dedicated low-fi, lounge, chill trackers. I wish I did though! :drool: However I will tell you my process or how I seek my chill stuff out - and perhaps it could be of use to you. :turned: Mainly what I do is this... I have been on TL for a few years now. They have those mp3 packs for each day. Usually on TL they are split into 2, sometimes 3 different torrents for the whole A-Z set. A lot of sites have these packs.. However I have learned that the ones on TL are easiest to seed back and the uploader who does them on TL also includes all the live sets and radio shows in the pack too. Some sites just do the music thats otherwise studio produced. I've had a dedicated server for a long time and I just throw each of those on there daily. But you don't have to, you can just pick which ones you want to download. Now the KEY to all of this is, if you know what your looking for, or take the time to skim through the list that has keywords, artists, or scene groups that go along with stuff you've seen in the past that you like. It's all going to depend on what type of 'chill' you like.. however these are the ones I grab out of the packs.
Blank_and_Jones_-_Soundfiles_Dance-SAT
Piet_Blank_-_Lounge_(N-Joy)-DVBC
Early_Morning_Breaks_Planet_Radio-DVBS (THE MUST HAVE[trust me])
Spring_Chill_Out_Mix_(FM4)-SAT
VA_-_Club_Sunrise_(3FM)-CABLE

With even just those shows they keep my ears busy with my dose of chill/low-fi beats.
Also, in those mp3 packs, I be sure to check out the VA section, and look for the keywords in the album/mix title, like chill, low-fi, etc.
Even doing a public pre search of just 'chill' brings up a load of juicy stuff! :P
Check it out yourself: http://www.orlydb.com/?q=chill
Sorry about the long ramble, but I had a spare minute and have always in the past wondered the same thing you just asked. lol :1eye:

TopKill
07-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks! I'll definitely take your advice.

I love Blank and Jones, and Piet Blank and Early Morning Break sound really good. Will check the others out too. Mmm, elevator music. ;)