PDA

View Full Version : Kazupernodes 1.4.7

FTFakes
11-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Hello folks!

I've just released a new version of KaZuperNodes

What's new:

- added a function to make it easier to remove unwanted entries from the lists. Right click on the list and choose 'delete...'.
- 'Extract IPs of dat file' will read both, the supernode and the client IPs from the dat file.
- added a new language system. Everyone can translate KZN in almost any language now.
- fixed the 'Overflow' bug (KZN crashed when a port > 32767 was used for Kazaa)
- updated the localize.dat IP-to-country database

You can get it, as always, at www.kazupernodes.tk.

Note that it contains some incomplete translations.
Now I'm looking forward to get some complete language files from you :D
Just send them to [email protected].

Thanks
FTFakes

Sparkle1984
11-03-2003, 05:34 PM
I've just installed it. Nice program ! :D
What happened to the Thomigian language which you used to have in the previous versions? I used to think that was funny, it's a shame you didn't put it in this new version.

cosmic doobie
11-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks FTFakes
http://www.blackmaxpc.com/avatarsmiles/smiles/fun_08.gif
Working well here - hope Paul puts this in the next K-Lite Build :D

FTFakes
11-03-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@3 November 2003 - 19:34
What happened to the Thomigian language which you used to have in the previous versions? I used to think that was funny, it's a shame you didn't put it in this new version.
Well, we have a little problem with Thomigian. The new functions are really hard to translate to that language, as they are very technical. But Thomig (the founder of Thomigian) and I are still working on it. It will be available for download if we are finished. Some help would be appreciated ;)

MUSLEMAN
11-04-2003, 12:03 AM
i feel the 2.4.5 coming on with the 1.4.7 http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/sgrin.gif

RealitY
11-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Any chance we'll see the new KaNAT with the added options we were talking about..

FTFakes
11-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Yes. I had a little break, but I continue the work on both projects now.
KZN has higher priority because more people use it and it comes with KL.

I already included a jump Supernode function in KaNAT, but it's not finished yet. Also I think about discontinue the work on KaNAT and integrate its functions in KZN. An other option would be to link the two programs, so that KaNAT automatically replaces the IP when you jump supernode with KZN.

What do you think about that?

cosmic doobie
11-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes@4 November 2003 - 12:39

An other option would be to link the two programs, so that KaNAT automatically replaces the IP when you jump supernode with KZN.

:D
Sounds just the job Man !
Respect to you and keep up the good work!

RealitY
11-05-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by FTFakes@4 November 2003 - 04:39
Also I think about discontinue the work on KaNAT and integrate its functions in KZN. An other option would be to link the two programs, so that KaNAT automatically replaces the IP when you jump supernode with KZN.

Sound like a great idea.

Perhaps have an installer or wizard setup that asks users if they are using a router, the combination may also get alot more user aware of the WAN IP replacement and its benifits.

Also don't forget the option I mentioned to auto start KL++ after starting KZN or KaNAT with a slight delay on the later to allow WAN IP replacement for KL++...

I gave this a little thought and then came up with the idea that the reverse might be possible, an option to Load Client With KaNAT. If need be when selected, KaNat could wait an extra couple of seconds to start, allowing client to open first. I thought of this after noticing it could be done with PTrack, and seems very simple. This way one, those with routers, could simply start KaNAT and both, KaNat and Client, would open, then KaNAT could Replace and start AutoReplce all with one click.

Thanks
Mr. Lazy
Of course substitute KaNAT for KZN if you end up combining them...

FTFakes
11-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Well...I had some free time and was in the mood for working on KZN and KaNAT :D

Here is the result:

KaZuperNodes 1.4.8 RC1 (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/kazupernodes/download/KaZuperNodes148RC1.exe)
KaNAT 0.3.8 RC1 (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/kanat/download/KaNAT038RC1.exe)

Both programs work together now. KZN will automatically trigger a WAN IP replacement in KaNAT if you jump supernode.
KaNAT has also a jump supernode function now.

Changes in KZN 1.4.8 RC1 since 1.4.7:
- Trigger WAN IP replacement in KaNAT

Changes in KaNAT 0.3.8 RC1 since 0.3.7:
- link to KZN
- use less CPU time
- autostart in ASM mode possible
- jump supernode function
- autostart any other program (like Kazaa) on startup

Note that these are test build, but they should run stable.
Official releases will follow after they have been tested enough.

OK, that was my part. Now I need some people to test it and give me some feedback ;)

cosmic doobie
11-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Nice work that Man! :D

RealitY
11-06-2003, 08:46 PM
When I try to jump sn on KaNAT I get a message that says...

Run-time error '5'.
Invalid procedure call or arguement
Then KaNAT closes...

EDIT: Also after installing KZN it says it cannot find localize.dat and asks to reinstall, though now that I updated KZN I no longer get the KaNAT error above, still checking...

EDIT: I uninstalled all KZN, then installed 1.40, then upgraded 1.47, then installed 1.4.8RC1 and all seems fine now...

FTFakes
11-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Oh...I forgot to mention: KZN 1.4.8 RC1 is a update for 1.4.7. You have to install 1.4.7 first!

MediaSlayer
11-07-2003, 02:46 AM
thanks f*ck the fakes. superlist function is great. Nicely done.

RealitY
11-07-2003, 07:26 AM
I love the new KaNAT, works great, all in one, thanks...

Small note, on the startup menu uninstall has no icon...

Thanks Again.

Jay
11-08-2003, 09:36 PM
nice release

RealitY
11-16-2003, 10:30 AM
Seems when I jump nodes with KaNAT on the Sheep, whatever the fk he is, it works perfect, though if I right click to it in the icon try I get that error message "wrong arguement", maybe take a look if you can...

james_bond_rulez
11-16-2003, 10:41 AM
looks nice :lol:

FTFakes
11-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@16 November 2003 - 12:30
Seems when I jump nodes with KaNAT on the Sheep, whatever the fk he is, it works perfect, though if I right click to it in the icon try I get that error message "wrong arguement", maybe take a look if you can...
I will take a look at it as soon as my development system is running again. Had a HD crash :angry:

RealitY
11-18-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by FTFakes@16 November 2003 - 06:04
I will take a look at it as soon as my development system is running again. Had a HD crash
Ouch, don't feel bad I had to reformat just a few days ago, what a pain in the ass.

Anyway, when you get a chance I also noticed when using KaNAT to start client, KL++, KaNAT does not find the info it needs many times on startup due to the client not running yet, this causes the KaNAT window to pop up, error mode.

If I remember correctly I had suggested to have a delay, or option for KaNAT to wait to go into autostartup since the client would not yet be open. Of course this does not happen, the error pop up, if the client is opened first, though that would defeat the purpose of that feature.

Thanks Again.

FTFakes
11-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Development system up and running again :D

Already fixed the 'wrong argument' bug and a bug in KZN that left the icon in the tray after closing KZN.

If I remember correctly I had suggested to have a delay, or option for KaNAT to wait to go into autostartup since the client would not yet be open. Of course this does not happen, the error pop up, if the client is opened first, though that would defeat the purpose of that feature.

Startup delay is no good idea. I tried it but Kazaa sometimes needs longer to start up as expected. KaNAT has to wait until Kazaa has started AND is connected. I think I'll find a way to do that. Already did something similar in KZN.

RealitY
11-21-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by FTFakes@19 November 2003 - 12:58
Already fixed the 'wrong argument' bug and a bug in KZN that left the icon in the tray after closing KZN.

Startup delay is no good idea. I tried it but Kazaa sometimes needs longer to start up as expected. KaNAT has to wait until Kazaa has started AND is connected. I think I'll find a way to do that. Already did something similar in KZN.
Where is it?

3.8RC2??

Or is it waiting for the other fix as well...

FTFakes
11-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@21 November 2003 - 10:45
Yes, I want to fix the Kazaa startup problem first. RC2 will come soon.

rafi_d
11-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes+21 November 2003 - 23:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FTFakes &#064; 21 November 2003 - 23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-REALITY@21 November 2003 - 10:45
Yes, I want to fix the Kazaa startup problem first. RC2 will come soon.[/b][/quote]

If it is possible also to try and reduce the CPU load during the operation of the SuperList (in this RC2) - I&#39;ll appreciate it&#33; :)

Edit:
Also access violation blue screen appears after a error dialog "cannot fins .... in memory, please wait ...." is being closed. (Windows 98 SE)

FTFakes
11-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by rafi_d@21 November 2003 - 23:42
If it is possible also to try and reduce the CPU load during the operation of the SuperList (in this RC2) - I&#39;ll appreciate it&#33; :)

Edit:
Also access violation blue screen appears after a error dialog "cannot fins .... in memory, please wait ...." is being closed. (Windows 98 SE)
I can reduce the CPU load a bit, but that&#39;s a lot of work. So it will most likely not be included in RC2.

But this doesen&#39;t seem to be a common problem. I have a CPU load of 1-2 % for KZN while the Superlist is running, but I&#39;m on Win XP.

Any other people here having this problem?

rafi_d
11-22-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes@22 November 2003 - 13:12
I can reduce the CPU load a bit, but that&#39;s a lot of work. So it will most likely not be included in RC2.

The CPU load problem is only for about 10-15 seconds ONLY each time the superlist is updating the SN on Kazaa ... :( (all other activity - including mouse movement - is allmost "frozen&#39;). Same thing happens when you try manual update.

In-between cycles - it IS NOT loading the CPU (<1%) . :)

FTFakes
11-22-2003, 02:45 PM
I&#39;ve checked the CPU load again. While changing supernodes it jumps to about 50% for less than a second on my system (AMD Athlon 1100 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Win XP Pro). Half of this CPU load was caused by Kazaa.

KZN needs to scan the Kazaa memory space for the supernode list. Windows 9x is known for its poor memory management. So I don&#39;t expect the same problem on Win NT/2000/XP systems. But i never heard of 10-15 seconds freezes before :o
Seems like there is something wrong with your system. Or you have a bottleneck (CPU, RAM or HD).

I think I can reduce the CPU load. But at least every first Supernode jump after restarting Kazaa or KZN will still cause a high CPU load on your system.

rafi_d
11-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes@22 November 2003 - 17:45
I think I can reduce the CPU load. But at least every first Supernode jump after restarting Kazaa or KZN will still cause a high CPU load on your system.
This will be great&#33; Thanks. :)

I have only PIII 450MH . May be it has to do with the fact that I run at the same time - the autosearch (of KLE V 0.57). Also I have an older Kazaa - V 2.02 & K++ 2.03 . I did not see any point in updating it, since there were no real improvemets.

[OFF]
BTW - If you are interested - see this post - a project I noticed that has to do with multi-protocol-multi-search client for P2P :
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=83330
I could not find Windows 98 binaries to try it :(

FTFakes
12-02-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+21 November 2003 - 10:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 21 November 2003 - 10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FTFakes@19 November 2003 - 12:58
Already fixed the &#39;wrong argument&#39; bug and a bug in KZN that left the icon in the tray after closing KZN.

Startup delay is no good idea. I tried it but Kazaa sometimes needs longer to start up as expected. KaNAT has to wait until Kazaa has started AND is connected. I think I&#39;ll find a way to do that. Already did something similar in KZN.
Where is it?

3.8RC2??

Or is it waiting for the other fix as well... [/b][/quote]
Here is it&#33;

KaNAT 0.3.8 RC2 (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/kanat/download/KaNAT038RC2.exe)

The Kazaa startup problem is fixed (I hope so :P )&#33;

Any commets are welcome.

RealitY
12-05-2003, 01:46 AM
Look Perfect...
:D :D

rafi_d
12-05-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by FTFakes@22 November 2003 - 15:45
Did you manage to do it ?

FTFakes
12-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Yes, at least i think so. it makes no big difference on my computer, but it doesn&#39;t use much CPU time here anyway. RC2 will contain some more changes, which are not finished yet.

RealitY
12-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by FTFakes@5 December 2003 - 04:21
Yes, at least i think so. it makes no big difference on my computer, but it doesn&#39;t use much CPU time here anyway. RC2 will contain some more changes, which are not finished yet.
I noticed it seemed to use less on mine anyway...

rafi_d
12-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes@5 December 2003 - 13:21
Is there an easy way for you to save the last Node list that was used (for example to switch inside the US) and have an option to startup KZN and automatically open this list in the second window ? or at list let the user manually specify a file to auto-read from ?

Thanks

sharedholder
12-26-2003, 11:34 PM
FTFakes , i sended a pm, please respond.Thank you.

Entity101
12-31-2003, 08:00 PM
It is possible to add a column that shows which version of Kazaa a supernode is using?