PDA

View Full Version : cove.co? looks legit..

its
07-29-2010, 07:33 PM
their seems to be a new providor that sells seedboxes, cove.co looks really legit, plans go through 10gb 50gb and 100gb for 100gb its 9cad! thats pretty cheap. what do you guys think has anyone heard of or used em?

grub
07-30-2010, 12:01 AM
I just purchased a plan...I'll keep you guys updated
EDIT: Recieved seedbox, time to test it!
EDIT: Great speeds! I'm getting about 6 mb/s DL

its
07-30-2010, 02:01 AM
I just purchased a plan...I'll keep you guys updated
EDIT: Recieved seedbox, time to test it!
EDIT: Great speeds! I'm getting about 6 mb/s DL

sick! thanks for the updates grub, i'ma purchase one as well, what plan you on?

grub
07-30-2010, 03:04 AM
I'm on the $9.00 one and I'm loving it :D

its
07-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Awesome! I'm using the $6.00 one and i'm getting about the same speeds.

unoriginal
07-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Can one of you post the host name of your server so we can see what datacenter they are using?

lmn8r
07-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Where are our servers located?

Rubix, France.

= OVH

its
08-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Talked to support, they've got an affiliation with OVH. The most they place on a server is 4 and they've got i7's 8 cores running 8Gb ram. Not bad in my opinion. I'm still getting steady speeds, and quick support and i'm a couple days in using their services.

grub
08-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Talked to support, they've got an affiliation with OVH. The most they place on a server is 4 and they've got i7's 8 cores running 8Gb ram. Not bad in my opinion. I'm still getting steady speeds, and quick support and i'm a couple days in using their services.
I'm also extremely satisfied with their service

lmn8r
08-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I've had a cove.co $6 seedbox for the last couple days, seems alright. Their response time is phenomenal, best i've ever seen from any company. Speeds are so-so, it's OVH after all. $6 for 50gb and all the torrents you want plus three interfaces to choose from? Can't beat that value. I might upgrade to the $9 one for extra space.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3391/transstats.png

unoriginal
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM
I see public torrents in your screenshot lmn8r. Have they given you any hassle about running those on your slot? I don't use TPB or Demonoid very often but sometimes its the only source for torrents that I'm looking for. And it would be nice to have the option of using them if I wanted to with a seedbox.

mojiz
08-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Do you have http access to download your files?

its
08-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Do you have http access to download your files?

Yea the admin really nice, support time is minimal sometime even less than an hour, just ask the support they'll get er working for ya. :)

ose
08-06-2010, 08:04 PM
lol using seedbox on piratebay :P

pimkin
08-07-2010, 09:39 AM

No LOLs at running a seedbox with TPB. If you can't afford running your PC 24x7 just to dl an underseeded DVD from TPB then your seedbox comes to help,
But OFC, there's no need to rent a seedbox just for a public torrents.

unoriginal
08-08-2010, 01:57 AM

No LOLs at running a seedbox with TPB. If you can't afford running your PC 24x7 just to dl an underseeded DVD from TPB then your seedbox comes to help,
But OFC, there's no need to rent a seedbox just for a public torrents.

+1 to this. If I find a torrent on TPB with 1 or 2 seeds and is several GBs in size there's no way I'm gonna load it onto my PC and run it all day long if I can use a seedbox instead. Its not my primary reason for having seedbox but its a nice bonus if they offer this option.

lmn8r
08-08-2010, 06:35 AM
I don't recall any company giving me a hassle about whether or not I was using public or private torrents. I upload multiple torrents per day directly to public sites bypassing private sites. That's the trend these days.

No they don't give you http download, at least not with transmission/rutorrent. Obviously torrentflux has it since it's one of the main features of that client. They give you ftp, speeds are fine, I can average around 2mb/sec from the seedbox to my home connection.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4553/seedbox4.png
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3620/ftpexample1.png

haydeno
08-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I have $3 package peaked 13MB down and ~3MB up average ~1.5-2MB not bad for $3 at all

unoriginal
08-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't recall any company giving me a hassle about whether or not I was using public or private torrents. I upload multiple torrents per day directly to public sites bypassing private sites. That's the trend these days.

I can think of at least two that I've used who don't like public torrents. Bytesized Hosting has their own firewall that all traffic goes through that will active block trackers that are on a blacklist Bytesized maintains. Their position was "if you can get a torrent from a tracker without an invite its not allowed on our seedbox slots." The list was pretty long too, I would guess at least 100+ trackers and they have probably added to it in the few months that I've been gone. And Feral Hosting, while not actively blocking public torrents, will go in and manually delete from your client if they notice them running.

jibblet
08-09-2010, 10:19 AM

How about increased privacy? If you are forced to download from a public tracker, many would prefer to do so without disclosing their private IP to the RIAA.

Thelen
08-10-2010, 10:32 AM

Well that makes no sense, they only put 4x$3 plan on a server that is costing them more than $100 a month?

Or even the flattery, again if the server costs $100 they can't possibly only have $36 income can they?

haydeno
08-10-2010, 11:57 AM
guessing its 4 users on a kimsufi for $9+ plans, per support $3 and $6 plans are filled with users

lmn8r
08-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm on the $6 plan and I count 12 users including myself sharing the box. That's to be expected for the prices they offer.

haydeno
08-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Im feeling the crunch now, lucky to hit 300kb up now

executioner
08-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Im feeling the crunch now, lucky to hit 300kb up now

Same here, they said their was a problem with the firewall shapping me and told me it would be fixed by the end of the day. That was five days ago and they have now stopped replying to my emails and just keep ignoring me.

So not recomended at this time and if they keep ignoring me I will post up some of their blatant email lies they have sent to me.

unoriginal
08-22-2010, 04:56 AM
A friend told me their site was down earlier today when they tried to sign up. Taking a look its still down. I wonder if they took the money and ran?

TLwhore
08-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Like the saying goes..

"You get what you pay for"

As thelen said there is no way they could sustain them prices without jamming the servers full.. God 12 users to 100mbps connection.. I aint surprised you were only getting 300kb/s upload. Plus I'm guessing they were using some very low grade servers for it.

Thelen
08-25-2010, 04:07 PM
They aren't using firewall shaping executioner, they are using kimsufi limited 3TB servers....

I've tested their plans, the hardware matches 100% to c500g and such. They have a few of the older 200Mbit quad cores (probably resold from rs), but even those are filled with more than 25 users.

cove.co is a scam, keep away.

lmn8r
08-27-2010, 07:44 AM
The server i'm on isn't having any speed problems. Currently doing 2.8mb/sec up on an rutorrent setup. I've don't think they're using the 3tb/mo plans, since i've nearly exceeded that. However there are times when I can barely muster 1mb/sec. At $3/6/9/mo what were you guys expecting? Of course they jam the servers up with users, they're a for-profit business, it's easy to do the math. That beats anything pulsedmedia/customseedbox has to offer. As a value proposition they've got a great product as long as it works-not everyone wants to use a vpn, or wants an uber fast high-spec seedbox; If cove.co can keep a good reputation I expect them to prosper and continue.

unoriginal
08-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Their website hasn't been active for almost a week and according to a buddy of mine with a slot from cove, they aren't responding to emails anymore either. If you have anything on your slot that you want to keep I would grab it now. I expect that one day very soon you may not be able to access your data anymore because it seems like they got the servers for a very short time frame and just don't care anymore about them or the people using them.

lmn8r
08-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Their domain doesn't seem to point anywhere dns wise, so I can understand why their email would be down too. Anyone try the emergency text message number?

248-218-COVE (2683)
(218)-248-COVE (2683) ? their site said one email said the other

Or their twitter?

http://twitter.com/coveinc

Also another domain redirected to cove.co - helb.cz

Anyone try [email protected]?

I've also got a list of their server ip's which i'm not going to post but you can pm me if you want them. Their paypal email is based off their domain.

Thelen
08-28-2010, 09:07 AM
They have scammed enough money now and are doing a runner.

lmn8r
08-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Not a very good scam if that's the case, only getting $3 at a time. Although i've already got my moneys worth @ $1/tb.

Thelen
08-29-2010, 06:16 AM
$3 is very good, people couldn't be bothered with such a low amount. $5 or more, people will do paypal dispute etc.

lmn8r
08-29-2010, 05:59 PM
ha, paypal dispute... Out of all the times i've been scammed i've never once gotten my money back via paypal.

If it was a scam though they would have shut down their services immediately. My seedbox is still running. It seems more probable that they were unable to continue operations for some reason. It's not easy running a seedbox company, since your making money off providing an illegal service.

Thelen
08-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Not all scams are take money and run you know... Most scams are actually mostly legit/good services, but lacking for what you pay.

They obviously need some people to actually have an account otherwise everyone would say they never got setup. It is easy to run a bad seedbox company, and idiot can make a website and setup paypal to take money, and unfortunately due to the demand, hundreds of people are getting scammed every month.

lmn8r
09-21-2010, 01:57 PM
http://cove.co/ popped up again, hosted in the usa. I'm ready to get scammed again.