PDA

View Full Version : arabfilms or arabits

JamesBlunt
07-30-2010, 09:39 AM
hi, i'm looking for an invitation to arabfilms or arabits pm me, thx

unknown1_
07-30-2010, 01:44 PM
According to their website (arabfilms.org), they should open up before major holidays. Therefore they should open up in a couple of days actually since Ramadan is fast upon us. Check there daily. :)

AdrianPhoto
07-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Actually Ramadan isn't a big holiday, I guess that the Eid after Ramadan is a big holiday, maybe Jom'a is a big holiday?

unknown1_
07-30-2010, 07:11 PM
@Adrian - I'm not sure when either of those two holidays are that you mentioned besides Ramadan. So, when is the next major holiday in your opinion? What date? August maybe?

Edit: Also, arabits.org is open. You don't need an invite for that website. Just head on over and sign up.

JamesBlunt
07-31-2010, 10:43 AM
@Adrian - I'm not sure when either of those two holidays are that you mentioned besides Ramadan. So, when is the next major holiday in your opinion? What date? August maybe?

Edit: Also, arabits.org is open. You don't need an invite for that website. Just head on over and sign up.
arabits needs invite code

unknown1_
07-31-2010, 01:35 PM
@blunt - yeah, sorry, I just noticed that. I assumed it was open since I saw the user agreement sign after pressing the register button.

Quarterquack
07-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Eid is never determined until about 1 day prior to it; it's based on the sighting of the moon.
EDIT: It's usually either 29 or 30 days past the 1st of Ramadan.

I've never heard of Jom'a, but I'm assuming you typed up Jom3a in a funny way, and if so, then it's not a celebration at all. It's just Friday.

unknown1_
07-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Eid is never determined until about 1 day prior to it; it's based on the sighting of the moon.
EDIT: It's usually either 29 or 30 days past the 1st of Ramadan.

I've never heard of Jom'a, but I'm assuming you typed up Jom3a in a funny way, and if so, then it's not a celebration at all. It's just Friday.
@hunter - You got in during open regs, yeah? Was it before a "major" holiday? If so, which one? Since I'm not a muslim, I'm just making educated guesses (Google) as to when the next big one is...

Quarterquack
07-31-2010, 08:19 PM
It wasn't before a major holiday at all. A friend of mine just gave me a heads-up a few months ago and I joined.

memostar3
07-31-2010, 09:35 PM
arabits open their application :)