PDA

View Full Version : The A-Team Remake

Townsend
07-30-2010, 08:39 PM
I wonder what you think about this remake. Great idea or senseless adaption?

IdolEyes787
07-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Terrible idea but decent execution . All in all as pathetic as this sounds one of the more enjoyable movies thus far this summer .
And I didn't even like it that much.:(

clocker
07-31-2010, 01:07 AM
As a TV show, The A Team was witless and formulaic...I never grasped it's popularity and certainly didn't see any compelling reason to make it into a movie.
As a movie, The A Team is witless and formulaic...which is exactly the winning combo for a modern summer release.

IdolEyes787
07-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Tell that to all the witless and formulaic pictures that tanked (pun intended) this season.

Wait the A-team sort of tanked too (no pun intended) didn't it?

sugarfree56
08-04-2010, 04:57 PM
It was bad. Not even Jessica Biel could save it. I didn't hold my interest after the big opening sequence and just got up and left mid way through the movie.

deadman36g
08-08-2010, 07:10 PM
You lost me at remake, lol jk, Im opened minded on remakes, hell sometimes IMO they are even better than the original (Cape Fear, The Thing). Well def check this one out.

-neo-
08-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I think the old Tv series is better than this remake.

eyoung
08-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I think another "remake" horrible and that already happened with other movies

jenna85
08-09-2010, 12:01 PM
I didn't like the original series.
The remake though seems okay for a mindless action flick, but nothing more.

lukarav
08-12-2010, 02:18 PM
I liked it, especially B. A. Baracus, but still nothing like the original series.

Speedo
08-13-2010, 11:31 PM
For everyone that have found memories of the old A-team, don't ever watch it again. It's bad. Memories are so much better. As for the new one I don't want to see it. I want to hunt down and kill the casting guy that put Liam Neeson in the role as Colonel Hannibal Smith. It's faker than hollywood. It's just wrong. Even for a crap old tv show like the legendary A-team, it's a galaxy of low away.

IdolEyes787
08-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Liam Neeson is a very strange actor he can be quite brilliant in the right role ,Schindler's List being the obvious example, or chew the scenery on an epic scale -" Release the Kraken !"
Oh course he isn't alone in that respect even the best - Brando,DeNiro etc aren't immune to fits of idocy. He has even proven (with Taken ) that he quite believable as an action hero.
The problem and I think you'll agree with him being cast as Hannibal is that he totally lacks any of George Peppard's twinkle in the eye and in a movie that is patently silly never seems aware of the joke.
Even at that though he's far from the worst thing in the film.

Stinson
08-14-2010, 10:47 AM
I totally agree. Liam Neeson might be a brilliant actor, but his last couple of movies can be flushed down the toilet. Just remember Clash of the Titans and you know what I mean. Why does he do that? He's absolutely not the character of a Colonel!

certus
08-14-2010, 04:35 PM
i like the action and the new hannibal and face where pretty good. the story is crap and the new murdock and b.a. werent as good as the old ones ;)

newbie2010
08-14-2010, 08:51 PM
I found the film so confusing, having grown up with the original guys I was comparing the characters to the originals. Least the plot started before the tv series so that was good.

Overall watchable but a pointless remake of a classic tv series and events of the film we just to far stretched (unlike the original tv series obviously)

PBO
08-27-2010, 04:18 PM
It has been a bad idea in the first place and the actual movie has become even worse. 0/10!

WWESeeder
08-28-2010, 06:51 AM
i like the orginal, but it would be cool

aerospace
08-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Great idea. May not catch on with the younger generation of pokemon enthusiasts, but those who remember the series will enjoy it a lot. It's like a remastered film; where nothing was changed from the original. I think the movie had the same general idea as the series. In that the actors were indistinguishable from the characters themselves. Especially that Murdoch with the puppets; that cracked me up.