PDA

View Full Version : uTorrent help.

grub
08-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm getting a new computer soon, but the problem is I have about 250 seeding torrents on my current computer. Is there any way for me to move uTorrent onto my new computer and keep all the .torrent files seeding?

freak12345
08-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Try these steps...

1.) In your old PC, go to Start->Run and type "%appdata%/utorrent", press ENTER and backup the entire contents of this directory.
2.) Copy your seeded files from your old PC to your new PC. Make sure that the destination path of your seeded files mirrors the path of your old PC (including the drive letter).
3.) Install uTorrent on your new PC. Just to be sure, I would recommend installing the same version of uTorrent that you are running on your old PC.
4.) After installation, go to Start->Run and type "%appdata%/utorrent" and press ENTER. Copy the files that you backed up during step 1 to this directory.
5.) Start uTorrent on your new PC, it should display the same files that you seeded on your old PC including its statistics.

grub
08-01-2010, 03:53 PM

anon
08-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Try these steps...

Or you can copy the %appdata%\uTorrent directory you backed up somewhere else, drop uTorrent's executable inside, and run it directly. This is called an "encapsulated install", and you can also make the program portable this way. :)