PDA

View Full Version : New "HOME" page is sweet

Hombre
08-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Just looked and saw how it is looking great.
A portal, twitter, blog, vb4, new NZB section, what more can we expect from this board?

tesco
08-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm still setting it up.
It's a bit buggy, and very confusing to set up, but it's getting there.

I "promoted" a bunch of the latest news posts into it, and added SOL's nzb posting article to it as well under "How-To's".

mr. nails
08-01-2010, 10:01 PM
LOTS more eye candy! makes me hungry.

backlash
08-01-2010, 11:41 PM
I have to agree. It looks really nice. The whole upgrade to the site has been great! Only thing missing are the new nzb's on my "new posts."

tesco
08-02-2010, 12:29 AM
I have to agree. It looks really nice. The whole upgrade to the site has been great! Only thing missing are the new nzb's on my "new posts."
Everyone hated that! :lol:
Anyway nzbs (Collections) are not posts anymore so they will never show there.

MagicNakor
08-02-2010, 05:12 AM
Seizures apparently. :stars:

Is there a filter for which posts show up on the homepage? While I'm flattered, I'm not front page material.

:shuriken:

backlash
08-02-2010, 01:12 PM
really? I guess I always loved that b/c I like seeing the new nzbs. Is there a way to show only the new nzbs in that section so I don't have to try to remember what I looked at already?

tesco
08-02-2010, 03:09 PM
really? I guess I always loved that b/c I like seeing the new nzbs. Is there a way to show only the new nzbs in that section so I don't have to try to remember what I looked at already?
Ya I can do anything.
How would it work?
Just everything since your last visit, or everything that's unread?

tcepip
08-02-2010, 09:18 PM
very awesome

it looks like a newspaper

backlash
08-04-2010, 01:28 AM
Hmm, I dunno. Let me think...I guess everything that is new since last visit.

Hairbautt
08-04-2010, 11:16 PM
^ Seconded.

bwayne337
08-14-2010, 06:02 PM
question - how come nobody ever comments on the articles ? specifically Cabalo's?
fascinating and very interesting, but i wouldn't want to dare post a comment if nobody else is doing it..
haha is it for publicity reasons? blegh

Cabalo
08-14-2010, 07:36 PM
From my past experience, I would say it comes with time. It's all still smelling to paint.

bwayne337
08-14-2010, 07:44 PM
i'm still a "n00b" - which means in unwritten rules, i couldn't take such initiative. altho i would - especially the one about true crime ^^

Cabalo
08-14-2010, 07:47 PM
So why not comment? Or even post news?

Rart
08-14-2010, 09:10 PM
question - how come nobody ever comments on the articles ? specifically Cabalo's?
fascinating and very interesting, but i wouldn't want to dare post a comment if nobody else is doing it..
haha is it for publicity reasons? blegh

Feel free to post whatever you want. :happy: We won't bite. Unfortunately as of right now the (new) News system is still relatively foreign to most people. It'll take time, and I really need to start posting some articles as well, Cabalo's been doing a great job on getting it off it's feet.

And as per Cabalo's suggestion, feel free to post articles as well! We could always use a extra hand every once in a while, and it's not too difficult to start.

tesco
08-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Hmm, I dunno. Let me think...I guess everything that is new since last visit.
I've got it working, not finished adding the links to it in any place yet but it's working now anyway.
Here is the link to new collections: http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/?do=getnew
And here is the link to see today's (last 24 hours) collections: http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/?do=getdaily

backlash
08-18-2010, 02:20 PM
thanks! Also, the reminders aren't working for me. I click on the heart, it turns red and when I click on "my reminders" it just takes me to all the nzbs.

tesco
08-18-2010, 10:33 PM
thanks! Also, the reminders aren't working for me. I click on the heart, it turns red and when I click on "my reminders" it just takes me to all the nzbs.
Really? They work for me. :wacko:
Is this the address that the My Reminders link is giving: http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/?do=reminders ?

edit: Just found that the link in the navbar was incorrect, fixed it now and updated it with some new ones...

backlash
08-18-2010, 10:48 PM
that link takes me to the reminders I've saved. Just checked and now the "my reminders" link takes me there, too. You fixed it! :)

Hairbautt
08-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Or it was never broke!

:-D

tesco
08-18-2010, 11:03 PM
that link takes me to the reminders I've saved. Just checked and now the "my reminders" link takes me there, too. You fixed it! :)
Ya fixed it.
The link is in two locations, when I changed some code which changed the link I only changed it in one of those locations. :pinch:

And I actually really like this New Collections feature. I couldn't imagine a use for it but after trying it out today I see that it's a good idea. Makes it easy to see everything that has been posted since I last checked.

brightsid
09-04-2010, 08:47 PM
I like the stats week's top poster. I hope it's a new feature

Cabalo
09-04-2010, 08:49 PM
It's a neck and neck race for the first spot :naughty:

anon
09-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Haha, I didn't even notice we had that feature myself, until cinephilia said something like "only Idol can beat anon at posting" recently. I don't visit the home page, I go straight to the forums. :P

brightsid
09-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Used to do the same but I was on vacations so I had to visit the home page. Well done anon :P

tesco
09-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I added "Latest Collections" to the home page.
Really not that hard at all to make a feature-complete widget for vb4. :O

anon
09-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I don't like the "Latest News" panel in forum.php. :dabs:

Even if you can hide it, I think it just doesn't fit the place it's on.

Cabalo
09-05-2010, 05:35 PM
It's fine like that imo. At least you can close it, which I haven't seen happening at other vB4 forums I visit.

tesco
09-05-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I don't like the "Latest News" panel in forum.php. :dabs:

Even if you can hide it, I think it just doesn't fit the place it's on.
RealitY has been begging me to create some sort of "latest news" thing for the forum and I just found this so I enabled it. :lol:

It's fine like that imo. At least you can close it, which I haven't seen happening at other vB4 forums I visit.
You should be able to close it at other vb4 forums, it's just a default feature. :unsure:

It would be nice if it would show a thumbnail of the news image, instead of cabalo's avatar four times in a row. :lol:

Cabalo
09-06-2010, 03:51 AM
Check this one, I can't change it. http://forum.zwame.pt/

tesco
09-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Check this one, I can't change it. http://forum.zwame.pt/
They must have removed the code for hiding it.
Default is the way we have it now.

backlash
09-10-2010, 11:47 PM
those links aren't on the main page...how would I access them without coming to this thread?

tesco
09-11-2010, 02:39 AM
If you're talking about the My Reminders and New Collections links, they're in two places. Look harder.

backlash
09-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I see now. I always clicked the new collections at the top and didn't get anything different.

josecitox
09-15-2010, 11:29 PM
I was wondering, the "what trackers offer" section is made with a special vb4 add on?? or is totally made by people like you tesco to the site.

Can you tell me wich add on is?? I´m looking for something like that for a site that i´m working for and this one is perfect, if you can´t tell me of course i understand :)

The site is awesome, i read alot and the changes are perfect :)

tesco
09-16-2010, 12:28 AM
I made it.
Not looking to share it, I've had someone else ask me before as well (and many requests for my other creations). I'm sure you understand, if I give away my addons to everybody who asks then what makes FST unique?

G_P
10-23-2010, 03:31 AM
The forum looks great !!!