PDA

View Full Version : Well, *&%*!! Guess, I got got: IPT Saboteur

Aristocles
08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
It appears as if my post about an odd invite being sent from my account at IPT has come to fruition. I guess the bugger got me! Now I cannot login. Well, IIRC he got an almost 700 gig up and around a 7:1 ratio to get him started. . .

But "anon-sbi" (AKA Philip Marlowe) is on the case for me. I gave him some brandy, cigarettes, and taught him to throw a right hook (he's a southpaw). No doubt, he'll get it ironed out.

:lol:

Addendum: I should have paid more mind to it all and changed my password, at least. I have become an object lesson in slovenliness.

anon
08-02-2010, 07:02 PM
But "anon-sbi" (AKA Phillip Marlowe) is on the case for me. I gave him some brandy, cigarettes, and taught him to throw a right hook (he's a southpaw). No doubt, he'll get it ironed out.

:lol:

You should regain access to your account once the staff notices the different IP range changing your e-mail. :)

Cabalo
08-02-2010, 07:13 PM
So, you've invited a cheater from FST ?

anon
08-02-2010, 07:17 PM

If you're talking about me, no, I already had an account :)

Aristocles one logged in to his, and noticed there was someone on his invite tree, even though he never used invites there. And that's probably the same guy that just hijacked his account. I'm talking to the IPT staff in his behalf to get this solved :)

Aristocles
08-02-2010, 07:34 PM

Had you read the thread I referenced, prior to posting, you would know that I found an invite sent from my account to someone I had never heard of- not only that but I had never sent an invite from IPT, ever.

I asked "anon" to check into it as I knew he had an account at IPT.

Do not insult me.

Aristocles one logged in to his, and noticed there was someone on his invite tree, even though he never used invites there. And that's probably the same guy that just hijacked his account. I'm talking to the IPT staff in his behalf to get this solved :)

An accurate portrayal of events.

Frankly, you have always been helpful.

Cabalo
08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Had you read the thread I referenced, prior to posting, you would know that I found an invite sent from my account to someone I had never heard of- not only that but I had never sent an invite from IPT, ever.

I asked "anon" to check into it as I knew he had an account at IPT.

Do not insult me.

An accurate portrayal of events.

Frankly, you have always been helpful.
Actually I was trying to help, as it can happen to anyone. I could have tracked him down.

Won't bother you again.

Aristocles
08-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Hm. Posted but no luck.

In summary:

Cabalo, I mistook your post for an accusation directed towards me. I apologize; I'm sorry.

If I lose the account; I feel certain I'll survive, it just kind of bugs me. :) But I can blame myself. . .

anon
08-02-2010, 10:31 PM
I hate this kind of posts, but check your PM box, Aristocles. I'm sure that will suffice to be able to regain access to your account. :)

Also, it is just me or the board looks all screwed up? :pinch:

Burnsy
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Also, it is just me or the board looks all screwed up? :pinch:

Screwed up how? Looks all fine from here :)

Edit: Or on 2nd thoughts, you on about IPT? No idea as don't have an account... I thought you meant FST :lol:

anon
08-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Your first guess was right - I was talking about FST :happy:

This is how my menu bar and your post look like here:

http://image.bayimg.com/kaoejaacb.jpg

http://image.bayimg.com/kaoeiaacb.jpg

tknaught
08-03-2010, 12:11 AM
I can't wait for the inevitable "Is Hacking someone else's account really that bad?" topic to show up here.

Quarterquack
08-03-2010, 04:38 AM
I can't wait for the inevitable "Is Hacking someone else's account really that bad?" topic to show up here.

It's all about where one draws the line between right and wrong. For example, your parents clearly had no problem with incest.

Aristocles
08-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Well, it looks like the pathetic little bitch racked up some download, but I have my account back.

The email I noticed was changed to "**PERSONAL INFO REMOVED**". Surely the atavistic dolt would not use his email account? A gaping, festering, congenital defect of a being. . .

Oh well, thanks to the folks at IPT, all is well. I'll double up on the hypertensive meds and spend an hour on the heavy bag tomorrow :)

Bad language in this post. Sorry to anyone offended unless the bitch in question happens to read it, of course.

Hm. Here are the now TWO alleged invites:

**PERSONAL INFO REMOVED**

Seems like the shithole known as soccer568 was the original fraudulent invitee and nanu_aman was the second. The first has username: "soccer568" and the second username is: "warezboy".

PM'ed staff with info and the two P'sOS with advice. ;)

LOL! Guess these are useless as clues but what the heck. . . suppose I could post it to the IPT forums.

anon
08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Glad to hear you managed to get your account back. :)

Quarterquack
08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Congratulations on getting your account back. Color me stupid, but I don't think you mentioned how your account got hijacked, yet. What went wrong?

Aristocles
08-03-2010, 06:40 PM
ringhunter and anon:

I really have no idea. Naively enough, I just am not very secure, I suppose. I simply noticed, a few weeks ago, an invite sent to someone called soccer568. Puzzled- but not so anyone could tell- I basically ignored it. At some point I decided to drop the staff a line and I made a thread here concerning the issue. Then ~1 week later, my account is apparently 'jacked'. After recovery, I find a second invite has been sent. Thank you for the congratulations.

I was trying to warn against these types but someone removed the information. A mistake. This part of my reply has evolved and been measured.

I do not appreciate any post of mine ever being edited, by another. Thus I will consider whether to stay. Oh well. . .

Pwner101
08-03-2010, 08:39 PM
There's a new image hack going around.... It has a script that runs on your computer when you visit the images url.
What the script does is check the cookies on your computer and randomly tries to sign into accounts at known trackers to send invites to the person hosting the images.

Over the weekend I have heard of at least 12 people having had this done to them. (Mainly users of this forum.) Not that its something happening here... this is just the one thing we found they all had in common. The cookie script seems to work mainly with sites using gazelle as well. It has happened on at least 3 sites using tbdev as well though.

Just figured I would mention this as it might be the same thing thats happening to you.
As far as where the actual image is hosted I have yet to be provided with the link... myself as well as a few others were going to attempt to try and find out how exactly its working.

Quarterquack
08-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Who would waste such an elaborate script on IPTorrents? :whistling

Not that there's anything wrong with IPT, I just feel that even for a test run it's kindof stupid wasting such a good hand. Either way, Aristocles, if you want to avoid this issue in the future use the firefox NoScript addon. As for your second issue of having your post edited, considering I'm against public abuse myself, I won't say it's wrong; however, it comes down to what you think you should do.

Aristocles
08-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Who would waste such an elaborate script on IPTorrents? :whistling

Not that there's anything wrong with IPT, I just feel that even for a test run it's kindof stupid wasting such a good hand. Either way, Aristocles, if you want to avoid this issue in the future use the firefox NoScript addon. As for your second issue of having your post edited, considering I'm against public abuse myself, I won't say it's wrong; however, it comes down to what you think you should do.

I see it as a public service to the community per se and the info I posted is from my profile page.

It is a simple matter to pontificate until it is your ox that is gored. :) And if you are the hijacker, I assume that one justifies it as an ultimately harmless prank.

I found your arguments untenable vis-a-vis "cheating" and/or "cheaters", although from what I can glean, "anon" admits to such shenanigans. (That typed, I thought/think he invited me to IPT thus I engaged his help.)

As for your last codicil, tis true of all in life. One always has choices no matter how constrained, well except one. . .

Been enjoyable here and indeed an eclectic collection of souls. You, "IdolEyes", "Nemrod", "Artemis", "anon", and others have made it rather felicitous. Maybe I will check back in a month, maybe not.

No bad feelings for anyone, just a personal choice on my part

Cabalo
08-04-2010, 01:03 AM
ringhunter and anon:

I really have no idea. Naively enough, I just am not very secure, I suppose. I simply noticed, a few weeks ago, an invite sent to someone called soccer568. Puzzled- but not so anyone could tell- I basically ignored it. At some point I decided to drop the staff a line and I made a thread here concerning the issue. Then ~1 week later, my account is apparently 'jacked'. After recovery, I find a second invite has been sent. Thank you for the congratulations.

I was trying to warn against these types but someone removed the information. A mistake. This part of my reply has evolved and been measured.

I do not appreciate any post of mine ever being edited, by another. Thus I will consider whether to stay. Oh well. . .
We do not allow any kind of personal information being posted by anyone. It is indeed considered a serious offence, which usually doesn't go unpunished. I let it go, though.
If you have a problem with the way things are moderated here, feel free to open a report and debate it with whoever did it (in this case, me). Other than that, if you want to victimize yourself in public, please do go ahead.

anon
08-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I found your arguments untenable vis-a-vis "cheating" and/or "cheaters", although from what I can glean, "anon" admits to such shenanigans. (That typed, I thought/think he invited me to IPT thus I engaged his help.)

I offered you an invite in your thread, but someone else was faster. :lol: